Lynch for Mayor

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2012

We need to address the issue of all the trash that is sitting on Fitchburg streets and in yards, hallways and apartments.

Since the new trash program began trash has been being left behind due to non compliance. The smell is everywhere and Yes the heat is making it worse.

I have seen an abundance of maggots and rodents beginning to appear.

We understand that there needs to be compliance but the city has to offer a day of free pickup in order to catch up to the backload of trash being left behind.

Most of the issues are at apartment buildings but there are also issues at single family homes as residents are getting backed up and have no idea where to put their backed up trash.

We need a solution. Please write the Mayor and/or city council members in search of a solution. The smell is getting overwhelming.

I suggest a week of relief allowing citizens to catch up. The trash is left out for days. If it rains it gets to be a mess and if it is windy then forget about it.

Yes, we can fine landlords and homeowners but lets also address the need to clean the mess up.
Told you

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2012

I warned you. You take a family with 4 kids. After feeding them all week and buying toys and changing diapers there is no way you can fit a weeks worth of garbage in one bucket!
Told you

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2012

I warned you that in Leominster if the lid can't be closed they give you a red ticket and won't take it. In the recycling bin you can't have any plastic bags or pizza boxes. Even if the bag is from Market Basket and says right on it Please recycle.
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2012

Told you wrote:
I warned you that in Leominster if the lid can't be closed they give you a red ticket and won't take it. In the recycling bin you can't have any plastic bags or pizza boxes. Even if the bag is from Market Basket and says right on it Please recycle.
It reminds me of the gulf war as Kerry stated "what is the plan to get out of war". In other words he knew our forces would conquer any enemy and that our commanders would devise superior war plans in order to win the war. The "after" was not taken into consideration which turned out to bring us more casualties than the war itself.

Now with this rushed through trash can program. Yes it was a great plan where as the obvious results are less trash and more recyclables.

We need more planning concerning this transition. Over the last two years Fitchburg has gotten a lot cleaner as more residents are cleaning up there neighborhoods.

Since the transition there has been broken couches, wood, tables, bureaus and toys thrown out and left there as they do not meet the new criteria.

I have been telling other citizens that they now have to call or go into city hall and to pay for these extra items to be removed.

And yes before you say it, there is a segment of the population that is extremely poor and cannot even afford to feed their kids. What do we have in place for these citizens?

I have seen trash sitting there all month so far. It is beginning to smell, rot and attract small animals. Maybe instead of spending 98 thousand dollars on drawing up a plan for wider sidewalks which will not work, we may be able to utilize this money to hire another DPW worker who can go around and pick up this trash, couches ect. Or maybe even to hire an extra ticket issuer that could also hand out pamphlets on how and where citizens can get ridof these bulk items.

lets not sit around out here and just point fingers at the low income citizens and slum lords for this mess. We need to take action before it becomes a complete waste land in Fitchburg. This smell is everywhere and it will only get worse the longer it goes unaddressed..
Hey dummy

Windham, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2012

Judged:

Did you just compare the war in Iraq to our new trash program? You really are getting dumber by the day.
Lynch Mob

Windham, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2012

Lynch for Mayor wrote:
We need to address the issue of all the trash that is sitting on Fitchburg streets and in yards, hallways and apartments.
Since the new trash program began trash has been being left behind due to non compliance. The smell is everywhere and Yes the heat is making it worse.
I have seen an abundance of maggots and rodents beginning to appear.
We understand that there needs to be compliance but the city has to offer a day of free pickup in order to catch up to the backload of trash being left behind.
Most of the issues are at apartment buildings but there are also issues at single family homes as residents are getting backed up and have no idea where to put their backed up trash.
We need a solution. Please write the Mayor and/or city council members in search of a solution. The smell is getting overwhelming.
I suggest a week of relief allowing citizens to catch up. The trash is left out for days. If it rains it gets to be a mess and if it is windy then forget about it.
Yes, we can fine landlords and homeowners but lets also address the need to clean the mess up.
Fitchburg is no different than any other city & town in this country. Fitchburg is by far not the only place in the country with a trash program. It's not he tax payer responsibality to clean up someone elses mess. Its not about income but responsability. Nothing is free, responsable taxpayers shouldn't have to foot the bill because of the laziness of a few slobs. Why don't YOU organize some volunteers. Remember JFK's quote " Ask not what your country can do for you but what can you do for your country"
Just Facts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2012

Judged:

Yup, the city will take care of it by assessing fines.

We have annual cleanup, where volunteers consistently go out and clean up after the pigs and degenerates that care nothing about their surroundings...it is time they pay for their own messes. I have been one of those volunteers that consistently go into some of these neighborhoods and see the ridiculous environments that these useless people create...it is DISGUSTING!! Human beings creating such an awful environment for themselves because they don't give a shit about anything but themselves, and have the attitude that it is someone else's job to clean up behind them.

Lynch will continue to make excuses for these people that CHOOSE to throw away everything rather than be responsible citizens.

I heard the mayor make a comment a few weeks ago that in her own neighborhood, she continues to see the recycle bins against the sides of houses instead of being put out with recycled materials.

It really isn't any more work to put the recyclables into a different barrel, but people are stubborn and will refuse...good, let them pay for it then.
Told you

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

In lunenburg you have to buy trash bags from the town before they go in the bin. They won't take Hefty bags.
Lynch

Manchester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

Told you wrote:
In lunenburg you have to buy trash bags from the town before they go in the bin. They won't take Hefty bags.
Can I pay for them with my foodstamps?
Fooled again

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

When I read the title I thought the topic was about the criminals in the city. Very tricky Lynch.
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Just Facts wrote:
Yup, the city will take care of it by assessing fines.
We have annual cleanup, where volunteers consistently go out and clean up after the pigs and degenerates that care nothing about their surroundings...it is time they pay for their own messes. I have been one of those volunteers that consistently go into some of these neighborhoods and see the ridiculous environments that these useless people create...it is DISGUSTING!! Human beings creating such an awful environment for themselves because they don't give a shit about anything but themselves, and have the attitude that it is someone else's job to clean up behind them.
Lynch will continue to make excuses for these people that CHOOSE to throw away everything rather than be responsible citizens.
I heard the mayor make a comment a few weeks ago that in her own neighborhood, she continues to see the recycle bins against the sides of houses instead of being put out with recycled materials.
It really isn't any more work to put the recyclables into a different barrel, but people are stubborn and will refuse...good, let them pay for it then.
Our family recycles. It took us a week to organize this transition. We are recycling more than we are putting out in trash.

I am not sticking up for those who are having a problem with the transition. I also pick up after others. The problem goes beyond just pointing fingers as the trash is accumulating.

I agree that fines should be given to repeat violators of the new trash program. There are one familys' and tenemant buildings that are in violation.

Sometimes it is aggravating to pick up after others. We have picked up in front of these people who liter. They continue to litter. Sometimes we can only change ourselves. Sometimes these people recognize and follow suit. I have faith in my fellow citizens.

On the subject of being able to afford the new trash fees, this is an issue that we must address otherwise their will be furniture and broken wood everywhere. Fitchburg residents have done a great job as of the past few years picking up the community. I have knowledge that some of these residents cannot even afford to put their kids in sports programs. This I would like to see changed.

It is so easy to label and point a finger. It is sometimes very time consuming and energy consuming in making efforts to encourage these citizens to change and to follow the rules. From experience I can tell you that it is tiresome but when their is success then it is very rewarding to see the change.

Labeling and pointing fingers will not change the fact that our city will continue to pile up in trash. Maybe with the problamatic residences the city can supply bi-lingual pamphlets and further instruction and discussion with these residents. Yes some of the problem is comprehension deficit due to lack of education. We need to learn to accept this fact and just attempt to fix the problem.

Lets focus on adult education programs if their is a problem in Fitchburg. Yes, we need to have a zero tolerance concerning drugs. I see so many people self medicating in order to cloud their reality.

Job opportunitys are very scarce in Fitchburg. People are giving up on job searching. Depression has become despondency. Everyone should be pro-American jobs. The more jobs, the wider the tax base and the less of a need for government spending.People want to work. There will always be an element of citizens who are lazy but for the most part Americans are very hard working.
Too funny

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

The biggest trash in the city is Lynch. Don't waste your vote on Lynch the Loser. He'll kill the city.
huh

Gloucester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

Too funny wrote:
The biggest trash in the city is Lynch. Don't waste your vote on Lynch the Loser. He'll kill the city.
It would not be his first kill, would it?
Just Facts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
Our family recycles. It took us a week to organize this transition. We are recycling more than we are putting out in trash.
I am not sticking up for those who are having a problem with the transition. I also pick up after others. The problem goes beyond just pointing fingers as the trash is accumulating.
I agree that fines should be given to repeat violators of the new trash program. There are one familys' and tenemant buildings that are in violation.
Sometimes it is aggravating to pick up after others. We have picked up in front of these people who liter. They continue to litter. Sometimes we can only change ourselves. Sometimes these people recognize and follow suit. I have faith in my fellow citizens.
On the subject of being able to afford the new trash fees, this is an issue that we must address otherwise their will be furniture and broken wood everywhere. Fitchburg residents have done a great job as of the past few years picking up the community. I have knowledge that some of these residents cannot even afford to put their kids in sports programs. This I would like to see changed.
It is so easy to label and point a finger. It is sometimes very time consuming and energy consuming in making efforts to encourage these citizens to change and to follow the rules. From experience I can tell you that it is tiresome but when their is success then it is very rewarding to see the change.
Labeling and pointing fingers will not change the fact that our city will continue to pile up in trash. Maybe with the problamatic residences the city can supply bi-lingual pamphlets and further instruction and discussion with these residents. Yes some of the problem is comprehension deficit due to lack of education. We need to learn to accept this fact and just attempt to fix the problem.
Lets focus on adult education programs if their is a problem in Fitchburg. Yes, we need to have a zero tolerance concerning drugs. I see so many people self medicating in order to cloud their reality.
Job opportunitys are very scarce in Fitchburg. People are giving up on job searching. Depression has become despondency. Everyone should be pro-American jobs. The more jobs, the wider the tax base and the less of a need for government spending.People want to work. There will always be an element of citizens who are lazy but for the most part Americans are very hard working.
Pointing fingers is exactly what is needed. For too damn long, we have tolerated people within our communities that couldn't care less about their surroundings or anyone around them. They are lazy, selfish people that won't think twice about taking from anyone else and it is time to stop babying them. The city has established rules for dealing with the waste. They put those rules out in advance of the program to give people time to get rid of that accumulated waste as you call it...these people choose to let everyone else deal with anything they are too damn lazy to deal with, so let them pay! Screw the bi-lingial packets...they need to learn English. It takes a lot of nerve to go to an English speaking country and demand they modify it because they are too lazy to learn the language. I wouldn't go to Germany and expect the germans to change to English.

If they don't like it here, I'm sure we can arrange for them to get on the same boat they came in on.
Long Duck Dong

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

China is the richest most powerfull country in the world but our highschool students are learning spanish? Wouldn't you think if you taught them chinese it might be better for their future?

China is kicking our butt. In China they are teaching students english not spanish.
Stop it

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
Just how stupid are you? It took your family a week to figure out that plastic and card board goes in this one and the rest goes in the other one.
Just Facts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Judged:

We were recycling LONG BEFORE the new program was put in place. It was nice of Fitchburg to supply LARGE recycling bins because I had to buy other barrels before to replace those tiny green bins.

The people that are too lazy to throw the recyclables in one bin over another should have to pay for more trash if that is the case.

Be responsible and take care of our planet...its the only one we have, so it makes sense.
Lynch for Mayor

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

In and around Fitchburg!?

http://youtu.be/Mm9VpEg4u6I

http://youtu.be/7p1ciHCdaiU

http://youtu.be/fLn_mcj_qWE

http://youtu.be/oMgHhcEUa2g

http://youtu.be/c9DHR1GUJAw

Report what you see, take videos and pictures and send them to city hall.
Lynch for Mayor

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

As seen in these videos, when the possums, racoons, rats and skunks begin to set up shop and breed you may not be able to beat them so just tip the overflowed can over and let them eat the trash.

http://youtu.be/TRs0pS6mcw0

http://youtu.be/rrbWzDlf2zc

http://youtu.be/QZmxDQpqUyU
your Kidding

Westminster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Lynch for Mayor wrote:
As seen in these videos, when the possums, racoons, rats and skunks begin to set up shop and breed you may not be able to beat them so just tip the overflowed can over and let them eat the trash.
http://youtu.be/TRs0pS6mcw0
http://youtu.be/rrbWzDlf2zc
http://youtu.be/QZmxDQpqUyU
So Kevin Can you tell us the truth for once

Fill In The Blanks

I will help you again. Just copy this and paste in the comment box and fill in the blanks.

Hi my name is Kevin Lynch 20 years I was charge with__________ and went to jail for ______ years for this crime.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Fitchburg Forum right now

Search the Fitchburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
boycotting new market basket prices 2 hr tim 19
a holes 7 hr Esteban Ortega 2
Police: Woman robbed Cumberland Farms in Fitchb... 20 hr Jtn 1
Manager: 'It could be empty tomorrow' 21 hr Jtn 3
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Tue John 4,692
Fitchburg officer charged with drunken driving ... (Nov '10) Jul 21 Pajama People 50
Fitchburg mural honors environmentalist Marion ... Jul 20 Pajama People 6
•••
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••
•••

Fitchburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fitchburg People Search