AP Fitchburg

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

After todays released report there will be many similar questions asked. To read the rest of the following article go to http://entertainment.verizon.com/news/read.ph...
Paterno's legacy may now be damaged beyond repair
By NANCY ARMOUR AP National Writer The Associated Press
Thursday, July 12, 2012 6:58 PM EDT
Print Share on emailEmailShare on facebookLikeShare on twitterMore Sharing ServicesShare FILE - In this Oct. 22, 2011 file photo, Penn State coach Joe Paterno stands on the...(AP Photo/Jim Prisching, File)
More Sports News
APNewsBreak: Allmendinger bringing experts to testPaterno's legacy may now be damaged beyond repairSuit blames Ala. coach Saban's daughter for fightPenn State probe accuses Paterno of cover-upNike taking Paterno's name off child care centerMore Sports News For decades Penn State was considered special, immune from the corruption of college athletics by virtue of Joe Paterno's high ideals, long list of victories and even longer list of graduates.
Now, to many people outside Penn State and even some insiders, that's been exposed as an illusion.
A blistering report released Thursday found Paterno helped hush up allegations of child sex abuse against a former assistant that went back more than a decade, sacrificing the ideals he preached to protect his football program. Paterno, former FBI Director Louis Freeh said, was "an integral part of this active decision to conceal."
"I doubt anybody could have imagined this. In eight months, he's gone from St. Joe to something approaching the devil," said Frank Fitzpatrick, a Philadelphia Inquirer columnist and author of two books on Paterno and Penn State, including a biography last year, "Pride of the Lions."
"The contrast between the ethical standards we always associated with Joe and the complete lack of them in how this was handled if what the Freeh Report says is true, and I have no reason to doubt it is, to sacrifice kids for the reputation of a football program, that's pretty despicable. I can't imagine anything more shocking than that."
Nike announced it was stripping Paterno's name from the child care center at its headquarters in Beaverton, Ore., not even six months after founder Phil Knight drew a thunderous ovation for an impassioned defense of the major college football's winningest coach at his memorial service. There was renewed clamor online to remove Paterno's statue outside Beaver Stadium, and USA Today columnist Christine Brennan called on Penn State to drop football for at least a year until the university has addressed the failings that led to the scandal.
There could still be more fallout from court cases criminal charges against two administrators, civil suits from victims of Jerry Sandusky and the NCAA has yet to decide whether it will weigh in on the scandal or not
Uh oh

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

Not ANOTHER pedophile story. We already know you like younger petite hispanic guys and watching college kids toss a football around with your binoculars. Is there anything else we should know?
Free Lunch

Manchester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2012

Uh oh wrote:
Not ANOTHER pedophile story. We already know you like younger petite hispanic guys and watching college kids toss a football around with your binoculars. Is there anything else we should know?
there is plenty and it will all come out in good time. Now give the guy a break as he is still upset that the University fired his lazy, brother.(I wonder how many jobs he has been fired from now.....oh yeah, it is never his fault though. It is always the fault of the person doing the firing)...just like it is not Kevvie Bear's fault that that young kids head got stuck under his foot.
Huh

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2012

Judged:

Free Lunch wrote:
<quoted text>
there is plenty and it will all come out in good time. Now give the guy a break as he is still upset that the University fired his lazy, brother.(I wonder how many jobs he has been fired from now.....oh yeah, it is never his fault though. It is always the fault of the person doing the firing)...just like it is not Kevvie Bear's fault that that young kids head got stuck under his foot.
You seem like a POS COWARD! Whats your name? Where do you live??? I think we know who you are! You have no idea what you are talking about. I never kicked anyone in the head. He just kept head butting my foot! You can't hide behind your badge and the 'good ole boy network'. I'm going to write a letter to The President of the United States requesting a full investigation of you. Some people think I'm a free loader but look at all of the jobs I create like at the welfare office, police station and prisons!
observer

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?
Lynch for Mayor

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

Free Lunch wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a life! You call my brother lazy? He was given all very good reviews. He was given all great reviews concerning his job. Since he left the areas that he oversaw are a disaster. On cedar street there has been grafitti on the building for over a month. The parents must love to see the big gun drawn on the girls dorm building!

I will bring charges against you if you continue to spread lies out here! I am tired of you ! Take your gay hatred self and continue to pay the way for your LAZY boyfriend who NEVER worked and stay away from me!
a good thing

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

Lynch for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a life! You call my brother lazy? He was given all very good reviews. He was given all great reviews concerning his job. Since he left the areas that he oversaw are a disaster. On cedar street there has been grafitti on the building for over a month. The parents must love to see the big gun drawn on the girls dorm building!
I will bring charges against you if you continue to spread lies out here! I am tired of you ! Take your gay hatred self and continue to pay the way for your LAZY boyfriend who NEVER worked and stay away from me!
You would know more about Lazy than anyone here. How are things in Mommie Dearest's basement?
trippy

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

I mean really? Does every thread have to be between this hatred. Lynch if I were u get off this gossip site and get working on your campaign. You are fighting with a small number of people. If u want to be mayor get out there and do it right. Topix is such a gossip site.
WOW

Westminster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

Is this your campaign for mayor??

Hi my name is Kevin Lynch, I live with my mother and boy friend. I am on welfare and I went to jail for eight years for killing a man.

I want to have all the Police and firefighters in Fitchburg fired.

Please vote for me I don't know what I am doing but me and my boyfriend will have fun trying.

Remember LYNCH FOR MAYOR

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Fitchburg Forum right now

Search the Fitchburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
a holes 5 hr Esteban Ortega 2
boycotting new market basket prices 6 hr tim 17
Police: Woman robbed Cumberland Farms in Fitchb... 18 hr Jtn 1
Manager: 'It could be empty tomorrow' 18 hr Jtn 3
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Tue John 4,692
Fitchburg officer charged with drunken driving ... (Nov '10) Jul 21 Pajama People 50
Fitchburg mural honors environmentalist Marion ... Jul 20 Pajama People 6
•••
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••
•••

Fitchburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fitchburg People Search