Police official says he's being force...

Police official says he's being forced out of the department - ...

There are 230 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Dec 9, 2009, titled Police official says he's being forced out of the department - .... In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

Police Capt. Charles Tasca, who was put on a paid leave of absence by Police Chief Robert DeMoura last Friday, said Tuesday he believes DeMoura, has been systematically trying to drive him out of the Police Department for more than a year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

Darn Tootin from W Newton

Boston, MA

#21 Dec 9, 2009
T_Geer wrote:
Capt. Charles Tasca put himself on the line numerous times for the job,and when they needed someone to step up to chief he was there.You take care of your own!Mayor Wong is an idiot,if you need to save money so bad then cancel this consultant, or have your chief of police take a pay cut to save money.Capts Tasca and Kearns deserve the respect to go out on their own terms. Mayor wong needs to look elsewhere to save money. The police and fire departments are the most vital assets to any town and if mayor wong cant see this then maybe fitchburg needs a new mayor.
Sure, the Police Department and the Fire Dept are vital. And, so are the needs of the Taxpayers. And, the Taxpayers are currently getting the sh#t end of the stick. Tasca and others like him are an example of exactly whats wrong with the current system. Tasca was making $108k plus a year in pay. And, if the average amount of paid total days off in a year for the average Fitchburg cop is 47.95 (see my previous posts on this story) you can rest assured that with 42 years on the job; Tasca was getting alot more than 47.95 paid days off per year. So, he was making a big fat salary for what evolved into a part time job; due to all those paid days off that he was getting. Neddless to say, that does not serve the public's best interest. We can replace one Tasca with two cops on the beat; and they will be on the job a hell of a lot more than Tasca was with all the paid time off that he was getting.

The police and their union (as well as the Firefighters and their unions) have a system in place that heavily rewards the public servants who are serving the public the least! And, we wind up with less cops and Firefighters because of the fat pay checks being paid to the upper 1/3 plus of the cops and HALF the Firefighters. And, as I have pointed out countless times, the cops and the Firefighters collecting the fat paychecks DO NOT risk their lives or their personal safety at all while on the job because they work out of the station only!

The public gets the shaft and the public servants cash in BIG TIME!
Tom

Fitchburg, MA

#22 Dec 9, 2009
The selection of DeMoura is to benefit Lisa's political career. His role is a pr person for Lisa when she looks to a state position.
honey

Concord, MA

#23 Dec 9, 2009
I think wong sould go back to you f****** country , we have no police no fire department , we have no xmass lights whats next ?
Pokey

Fitchburg, MA

#24 Dec 9, 2009
honey wrote:
I think wong sould go back to you f****** country , we have no police no fire department , we have no xmass lights whats next ?
Mayor Wong has mastered the English language. Unlike you.
big deal

Fitchburg, MA

#25 Dec 9, 2009
honey wrote:
I heard that the city is only going to plow and sand the main roads throughout da burg. And Wong's St of course
RMT

Charlotte, NC

#26 Dec 9, 2009
My guess is that the lawsuit Tasca will bring to the city will cost us more than letting him serve a few more years and retire on his own.
Hmm

Peabody, MA

#27 Dec 9, 2009
RMT wrote:
My guess is that the lawsuit Tasca will bring to the city will cost us more than letting him serve a few more years and retire on his own.
If the FBI is involved with this....do you really think there is no merit to Demoura's decision? Besides right now he cant sue, he is still being paid.
Really Fitchburg

Braintree, MA

#28 Dec 9, 2009
big deal wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard that the city is only going to plow and sand the main roads throughout da burg. And Wong's St of course
My street was plowed this morning before I left for work and I don't live on a main road. The DPW is doing it's job. Thank you to them.
Really Fitchburg

Braintree, MA

#29 Dec 9, 2009
honey wrote:
This is her country, moron. She was born in Massachusetts.
I say

Fitchburg, MA

#30 Dec 9, 2009
big deal wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so, Public Works say's they are plowing throughout the City. Please stop with the unwarranted bashing and grow up!
Peter

Lady Lake, FL

#31 Dec 9, 2009
The FBI investigates many things, but when they have reached the point of showing there face, there investigation has then been moved to the next level. Investigations on a federal level sometimes takes years before the party even knows what is happening.
From what I heard this is going back a while, which started the mass exiting and retirments of some of Fitchburgs Finest, Including Cronin. I think many people are going to be in for a big surprise in the coming year. Mr. Simos will be the next one to retire . he has known for sometime certain people have been sniffing around his pile of dirty deads.
The taxpayers should be gratefull the clean up has started. Mr Kaddy should stop defending dirty cops not a good move being in Politics.
INSIDE PERSON

Worcester, MA

#32 Dec 9, 2009
Sometimes, in many cases, what one does in his career follows him or her for the entire career. One cant erase what they did or have done in the past of future. There is always someone around that can remember what was the common practice and the way that people were treated, and the questionable things that were done. One person got away with domestic abuse for years. Some people are natural born leaders and some are not, they are dictators, and that is what you had in the depart for years. The philosophy of dont do as I do, do as I say was common place, for at least three of the four high ranking people (former chief and three captains). If one didnt go along with the current way of thinking,and be a good old boy, you were a bad person in their eyes. Talking down to people,throwing rubbish on the floor and ordering subordinates to pick it up, ordering them to stop investigations, ordering them to tell what was said to the district attorney, stopping other great agencies from coming into the Burg to help out with drugs and the crime rate, was all done by the aforementioned people. One person left some years ago, and it was a good thing for the city, not to make public everything that he did. He was one of the most brutal people I have ever met in my life. Two others also went along with this man,they called a leader. A couple of these high ranking people were impressed with their own importance, they did what they wanted and answered to no one. They were and are the cause for the dept going backward.SOme departments would not come to the Burg because of this. At least two of the four, should not have been cops at all and should have been made accountable for all the transgressions they did while working on that department. Some of the things that they did were terrible and even though the statute has run out of most of them, it would not be in the best light to bring out all this stuff.THERE ARE PLENTY OF PEOPLE STILL AROUND TO TESTIFY. Its too bad that the last captain wants to hang around for another couple of years. With what he is making for whatever job his does, is a lot of money. The last job, OIC, days is a pure waste of money. I just hope that some good will become of all of this, but it looks like people are going to continue to talk and things are going to come out that wont be very favorable to this person in question.
Daisy

Boston, MA

#33 Dec 9, 2009
Well the city is getting worse instead of better with the chief and mayor in control. If there is any truth to the inappropriate actions of Captain Tasca then it will be brought out and dealth with appropriately. Unfortunately, this just costs the city more money when it is already strained financially.
Roger Parmenter

United States

#34 Dec 9, 2009
sounds like age discrimination to me.
just my 2 cents

Boston, MA

#35 Dec 9, 2009
let me get this straight, DeMoura was ordered by Wong to find ways to save money in the dept., and earlier in the year 2 officers were demoted from lieutenant to save money – yet the city hires a “private consultant”– and Tasca's put on paid leave with no explanation – something sounds fishy there, can we say corruption?
Here here

AOL

#36 Dec 9, 2009
When the criminal investigation is over we'll all know, until then it's good that he's been removed.
Dr Evil

Boston, MA

#37 Dec 9, 2009
How do you blame the mayor for a career of possible illegal actions of a few. You also are a very angry person. I have never seen anyone get put on leave because of age. Do you really believe what you are saying.
T_Geer wrote:
Capt. Charles Tasca put himself on the line numerous times for the job,and when they needed someone to step up to chief he was there.You take care of your own!Mayor Wong is an idiot,if you need to save money so bad then cancel this consultant, or have your chief of police take a pay cut to save money.Capts Tasca and Kearns deserve the respect to go out on their own terms. Mayor wong needs to look elsewhere to save money. The police and fire departments are the most vital assets to any town and if mayor wong cant see this then maybe fitchburg needs a new mayor.
Dr Evil

Boston, MA

#38 Dec 9, 2009
Wake up.....Really Wake up!
Roger Parmenter wrote:
sounds like age discrimination to me.
Darn Tootin from W Newton

Boston, MA

#39 Dec 9, 2009
just my 2 cents wrote:
can we say corruption?
Yes, we can.......
Dr Evil

Boston, MA

#40 Dec 9, 2009
Best Post Ever Written!
INSIDE PERSON wrote:
Sometimes, in many cases, what one does in his career follows him or her for the entire career. One cant erase what they did or have done in the past of future. There is always someone around that can remember what was the common practice and the way that people were treated, and the questionable things that were done. One person got away with domestic abuse for years. Some people are natural born leaders and some are not, they are dictators, and that is what you had in the depart for years. The philosophy of dont do as I do, do as I say was common place, for at least three of the four high ranking people (former chief and three captains). If one didnt go along with the current way of thinking,and be a good old boy, you were a bad person in their eyes. Talking down to people,throwing rubbish on the floor and ordering subordinates to pick it up, ordering them to stop investigations, ordering them to tell what was said to the district attorney, stopping other great agencies from coming into the Burg to help out with drugs and the crime rate, was all done by the aforementioned people. One person left some years ago, and it was a good thing for the city, not to make public everything that he did. He was one of the most brutal people I have ever met in my life. Two others also went along with this man,they called a leader. A couple of these high ranking people were impressed with their own importance, they did what they wanted and answered to no one. They were and are the cause for the dept going backward.SOme departments would not come to the Burg because of this. At least two of the four, should not have been cops at all and should have been made accountable for all the transgressions they did while working on that department. Some of the things that they did were terrible and even though the statute has run out of most of them, it would not be in the best light to bring out all this stuff.THERE ARE PLENTY OF PEOPLE STILL AROUND TO TESTIFY. Its too bad that the last captain wants to hang around for another couple of years. With what he is making for whatever job his does, is a lot of money. The last job, OIC, days is a pure waste of money. I just hope that some good will become of all of this, but it looks like people are going to continue to talk and things are going to come out that wont be very favorable to this person in question.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fitchburg motorcycle cops 6 hr Reality Lover 22
Another Monday Has Come And Gone 19 hr The Midnight Crapper 25
News Lunenburg woman charged in $161 grocery theft (Oct '16) May 22 Jimminy Crickets 8
News Ex-Realtor charged with allegedly bilking clien... (Jun '09) May 22 Green16 19
Scott Bonnevie (Sep '14) May 18 Madman 7
Fitchburgs corruption being exposed (Feb '16) May 18 Captain Crunch 428
News Bolton call firefighter charged in Lancaster, M... (May '15) May 17 Darn Tootin 3

Fitchburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fitchburg Mortgages