Police official says he's being force...

Police official says he's being forced out of the department - ...

There are 230 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Dec 9, 2009, titled Police official says he's being forced out of the department - .... In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

Police Capt. Charles Tasca, who was put on a paid leave of absence by Police Chief Robert DeMoura last Friday, said Tuesday he believes DeMoura, has been systematically trying to drive him out of the Police Department for more than a year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

CONCERNED ALL THIS BS

Worcester, MA

#202 Dec 11, 2009
Boy all the mud sligging..maybe its time for the sentinel to cut this thing off..too many tempers are flying????
SAM

Brookfield, MA

#203 Dec 11, 2009
Sgt Martinez? There is no Sgt Martinez? Did you pick these names out of a hat because as someone has already told you, you have no idea how to spell McNamara or Martineau. You're an idiot! & if you did know anything you would know that McNamara is very good at what he does in traffic. Apparantly you've received one too many tickets from him.

And as for Dubai - I do believe their having huge financial troubles. Get your stuff straight before you look like a jerk!
kevin from fitchburg wrote:
Bruce, for one I voted for John McCain. You seem to be self righteous. Let me tell you I live in Fitchburg and it is safer. The parks are all fixed up and people are utilizing the parks.
The drug problem is now less than leominister. Leominister is more spread out.
The comment that I had made about people making over 100,000 is my belief.I could spin your head in economics. The money is being funneled out of the US at a rate that you nor I have ever scene.
Our successful companies have moved their operations to Dubai,India,China and Brazil. They all cry poor mouth as their reason and "global economy".
The United States never participated in Global economy prior to Bush. This country ran on an economic recycle that supported itself. We were a "service economy".
Nike,Halliburton,Gillette and companies like GM are greedy blood sucking commies!! We should take our warplanes over these factories and demand our money back. Then block their products from being circulated in our economy and our allies.
Now locally,Fitchburg and the state police have become like the gestapo. When there are no checks and balances then you have corruption.In Fitchburg we have a dozen cops that are labeled "Capt. LT. Sgt, ect" that make well over a 100,000 as they do ZERO!!!!!
They do absolutely NOTHING; a 100% handout. The Fitchburg police have zero civility unlike the leominister police who have some respect for the public.
You are obviously sheltered from the abuse of authority; who fixes your tickets by the way???
Officer McNamarra is a criminal, he has abused his authority. He isn't this traffic expert Guroo either.
Unfortunately,may he rest in peace a citizen crashed and got killed during the snow storm in Fitchburg.
This "traffic genius" stated ,"it was due to weather conditions on the road". Any drunken bum could of made that "expert analysis".
I repeat Officer McNamarra is a criminal and I stick to that statement!He lies and fabricates evidence".This is a blatent violation of trust as the publics safety depends on his word.
You mention that he can be arrogant and can be provoking. Now that is a safe practice,DUH! The last time he provoked a guy, the guy wrestled his gun from him. Now we need cops who are going to provoke people into wrestling them,what do we tell the public;just duck when McNamarra is around. because their may be a stray bullet coming.He likes to threaten and he is part of that group that includes Martinez,looney,kearns and others. All these crooked liars need to go so Fitchburg can live their lives without them.
Officer McNamarra is a criminal and I will testify to that in court if you would like! I have proof of his lying and fabricating evidence. He
Is it true

AOL

#204 Dec 11, 2009
Is it true tasca has been fired??
Boston commuter

AOL

#205 Dec 12, 2009
He's still crying to the papers, save it for the courtroom we don't buy it.
RETIRED TOO

Fort Myers, FL

#206 Dec 12, 2009
WE HAVE LOST SIGHT wrote:
I have inside info for years on the treatment of subordinates by three of four superiors (two captains and one chief) We have lost sight of what started all of this turmoil. That is, one captain that is complaining about his age and money that he makes. This entire thing, has nothing to do with either age or money. It does have to do with common decency and the humane treatment of others during the careers of the aforemention superior officers. I am truly amazed at the neg comments about others that have nothing to do with this entire dilemma. The fact of the matter is, that this capt feels, he has done no wrong and like in the past, feels that he can talk his way out of all of this, when in fact (as one can deduce from the comments) he keeps digging a deeper hole for himself and family. It is sad, really sad, that all of this past week of news was and is so negative. The fact of the matter is, that the truth must(and will) come out, since this person chose to continually talk to the press about doing nothing wrong, and being singled out??? That has been part of the problem all along, being right all the time, and having no-one to answer to. The comments about other hard working officers are upsetting and really, has nothing to do with the current events. There is an easy solution to all of this, and that is, for this captain to do the same that Louney did, put his papers in, retire (without dragging others into this mix) and fading off into the sunset to relax and start life over as a civilian. As one can deduce from the newspapers, this capt has made the choice to use the hard road of approach and not take the best and easiest way out. SO FOLKS LETS STOP BERATING THE GREAT GUYS AND GALS THAT HELP KEEP THE BURG SAFE.
I agree 100% with the comments of "Lost Sight" from Leominster: This has NOTHING to do with age or money, that's just a smoke screen, or negative comments about others. However, I recall that about 10 years ago Mayor Dean of Leominster (a former police union president no-less) hired a private consultant to investigate a tyranical superior officer in the LPD who also had no 'common decency" toward subordinates or anybody else. I had inside information then that about 30 of the great men and women of the LPD stepped up to the plate and gave such damaging statements against this 'louneytic' that he tried to retire on stress, but finally resigned very quietly rather than face charges. So maybe it is time for the great men and women of the FPD to step up to the plate and put an end to all this by telling all. No doubt there will still be a few non-lethal tumors left after the last of the lethal cancer is finally removed. They can be dealt with accordingly, and fairly, by a Chief who has proven that he in not a 'good ole boy' nor a politician. Then the Chief should make sure his officers finally get the respect they earn and the Mayor should give them all the support they need.
kevin from fitchburg

Wellesley, MA

#207 Dec 12, 2009
SAM wrote:
Sgt Martinez? There is no Sgt Martinez? Did you pick these names out of a hat because as someone has already told you, you have no idea how to spell McNamara or Martineau. You're an idiot! & if you did know anything you would know that McNamara is very good at what he does in traffic. Apparantly you've received one too many tickets from him.
And as for Dubai - I do believe their having huge financial troubles. Get your stuff straight before you look like a jerk!
<quoted text>
For one you are a cop trying to back these guys. You are right I misspelled Martineau. As for McNamarra you are wrong; he is a criminal.Karma will bite him in his pursuit of illegal activities. He appears to be the arrogant nerd to his fellow police so they feel bad for him. He is an arrogant thug criminal.
All these assumptions you guys use are comical. When you assume, you make an --- out of you. Karma gets all the dirty cops.Through divorce settlements because they usually start beating their wives. Or through cancer that conveniently finds them.When you make people suffer due to your criminal ways you will pay in the end.You have it coming and it is well deserved. Lol
kevin from fitchburg

Wellesley, MA

#208 Dec 12, 2009
SAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sam in reference to dubai. I am aware that they faulted on a 60 billion dollar loan. Another hiest in small proportion to the overall picture over thhere. Dubai is filled with criminals,our military should be forcing arrest over there. I bet they put a law in place where they couldn't extradite. This dubai has been set up as a safe haven for Cheney and his bunch of thieves.
You are right they have stolen another 60 billion dollars from us.They took the money and they state they cannot pay it back. And yes Halliburton moved their operations to dubai 100% to avoid paying taxes on the trillion dollars that we gave them.Yes a trillion! So Sammy boy get your facts straight before you open your trap.Hey,That sounds like you talking to your wife,huh OFFICER?
ma sb

Fitchburg, MA

#209 Dec 17, 2009
kevin from fitchburg wrote:
In reference to your buddy McNamarra; he is a criminal.He is a puke liar.You call him smart? Lol. He is a fool! He is a bafoon!
He needs to be fired.What do you know about police misconduct? This cop is a fraud! His buddy sgt.martinez is a thug. Kearns was a crook. Another patrolmans' son was running the pot sales in Fitchburg.
This department will be dismantled as a matter of law. McNamarra will retire before they let him go also. The new chief is allowing these guys to retire instead of firing them. Their unions usually protect them.
You are a ex-patrolman,did your son get time?
Hey how did u know Kevin? Was he your cellie? Naw he wouldn't live with a guy like u. Did u everget treatment at "the treatment center" for ur issues.
Tasco to testify

Harvard, MA

#211 Dec 20, 2009
FORMER EMPLOYEE wrote:
Chuckie, do you really want to go there. You are openng a can of worms that even your smooth talking wont save you. A lot of officers have the real facts about you and there are still people out there that can testify to what you and others have done in the past and present. The direct orders to stop investigations and not let certain agencies into the city. Remember when you started on the job and the contests the you and several otherS had about doing things. Need I say more about that?? It will all come out. So Charles its about a lot of things and they all involve you and the good old boy type of attitude and siding with others, who are finally gone!!!! Who is going to do anything against us, "WE ARE THE POLICE" remember saying and thinking that on a few occassions????MOST OF THE CANCER THAT HURT THAT DEPT IS GONE AND ONLY A LITTLE REMAINS, THEN THE HEALING CAN FINALLY START. Some of the young officers dont have all the facts, others do and a ton of retired guys know what you are all about???? So Charlie, dont wait until you are 65, pull the plug now before all of this stuff comes out and it wont be very favorable for you. ENJOY YOUR RETIREMENT AND PUT ALL OF THIS BEHIND YOU.
Wow, The feds must be involved in this investigation. Louney,Tasca and Kearns. They are nicknamed the "three kings" ! "Who is going to do anything to us?" Chief Demoura and the feds are lining Kearns up; It is rumored that Tasca and Louney are talking with the feds going against Kearns as the leader of the trio!!
Movie producers are moving into Fitchburg to shoot this film! Hey it may help the local economy, maybe this is what we need. I never thought about that before but it sounds like a way to stimulate the economy. Some are stating "the Tasca chronicles"; "the departed 2", "the three kings" ; I like "the three kings" as they can incorporate the latin kings whereas some are saying that they financed this trio! Unreal!!!!!!!!
Kearns indicted

Harvard, MA

#212 Dec 20, 2009
Peter wrote:
The FBI investigates many things, but when they have reached the point of showing there face, there investigation has then been moved to the next level. Investigations on a federal level sometimes takes years before the party even knows what is happening.
From what I heard this is going back a while, which started the mass exiting and retirments of some of Fitchburgs Finest, Including Cronin. I think many people are going to be in for a big surprise in the coming year. Mr. Simos will be the next one to retire . he has known for sometime certain people have been sniffing around his pile of dirty deads.
The taxpayers should be gratefull the clean up has started. Mr Kaddy should stop defending dirty cops not a good move being in Politics.
They should be able to withdraw thes guys pensions if they are involved in a criminal activity.These guys have been enbezzling money! Kaddy may have been the in between the gangs and the brass in diverting Fed investigations and dea assistance when they offered!
The Three Kings

Harvard, MA

#213 Dec 20, 2009
INSIDE PERSON wrote:
Sometimes, in many cases, what one does in his career follows him or her for the entire career. One cant erase what they did or have done in the past of future. There is always someone around that can remember what was the common practice and the way that people were treated, and the questionable things that were done. One person got away with domestic abuse for years. Some people are natural born leaders and some are not, they are dictators, and that is what you had in the depart for years. The philosophy of dont do as I do, do as I say was common place, for at least three of the four high ranking people (former chief and three captains). If one didnt go along with the current way of thinking,and be a good old boy, you were a bad person in their eyes. Talking down to people,throwing rubbish on the floor and ordering subordinates to pick it up, ordering them to stop investigations, ordering them to tell what was said to the district attorney, stopping other great agencies from coming into the Burg to help out with drugs and the crime rate, was all done by the aforementioned people. One person left some years ago, and it was a good thing for the city, not to make public everything that he did. He was one of the most brutal people I have ever met in my life. Two others also went along with this man,they called a leader. A couple of these high ranking people were impressed with their own importance, they did what they wanted and answered to no one. They were and are the cause for the dept going backward.SOme departments would not come to the Burg because of this. At least two of the four, should not have been cops at all and should have been made accountable for all the transgressions they did while working on that department. Some of the things that they did were terrible and even though the statute has run out of most of them, it would not be in the best light to bring out all this stuff.THERE ARE PLENTY OF PEOPLE STILL AROUND TO TESTIFY. Its too bad that the last captain wants to hang around for another couple of years. With what he is making for whatever job his does, is a lot of money. The last job, OIC, days is a pure waste of money. I just hope that some good will become of all of this, but it looks like people are going to continue to talk and things are going to come out that wont be very favorable to this person in question.
Wow this has been common knowledge; these guys aren't cops they are thugs!!! My guess is Kearns will be the one who gets indicted! Tasca was the muscle and Louney was the brains behind the skimming in order to pump the accrued comp time that was on the books! This was organized.
Departed 2

Harvard, MA

#214 Dec 20, 2009
Remember Chuckie wrote:
Remember Chuckie when you raised you hand high above your head waved it back and forth and said Captain, then lowered that same hand below your knee waving your hand said janitor when the custodian who had not received a raise in 8 years asked if he could get a raise.
Remember Chuckie!
Now many will be waving their hands up and down as they watch out the window, when the US Marshall van takes you away.
Remember the lumber scam?
"The lumber scam?" This sounds more like a mobster! One guy states that he was a Phycopath(two pages back).Does Tasca look like Jack Nicholsen? This will be a movie!
Criminals

Harvard, MA

#215 Dec 20, 2009
RETIRED TOO wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Right on! This has been a long time coming. I did not expect to see the cancers inside the FPD exposed, nevermind removed. I will now gladly admit that I was wrong about the Mayor and Chief ... and you should also Joel. I guess it took two so-called outsiders to put an end to the reign of terror and abuse of power. Every penny spent by the City on these investigations will be well worth it. It is going to be a GREAT Christmas just knowing that these tyrants might finally be going to get what they deserve from Santa. Happy days could finally be here again guys and I hope the new guys appreciate that they will not have to suffer. They might actually be able to do some police work. Stay safe!
It seems like if you were a patrolman you better fall in line with these guys. What golf course did they frequent?? This is a made for Movie!! I liked the Departed; this situation could shadow the Departed success.
Criminals

Harvard, MA

#216 Dec 20, 2009
One guy states that Tasca was taking all kind of days off and sitting by the pool at the ex-chiefs house. Got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.All the money they stole they will have to use for criminal attorneys.
Tasca Arrested

Harvard, MA

#217 Dec 21, 2009
We need to email these post to the justice department. These guys are frequently referred to as "criminals,phycopaths,and corrupt thieves".
Tasca calls the Chief "repugnant and despicable". This Tasca respects NOBODY! Like he fellow officer stated "They can't touch us, what are they going to do,we are the police!"
This was Tasca stating this to Louney and others. These guys are thugs hiding behind the badge.
It wouldn't surprise me if it comes out that "Th three kings" of corruption were on the Latin Kings payroll. It actually makes sense to me! They all drive around in their Fancy Cadilac SUVs.
Kearns retires

Harvard, MA

#218 Dec 21, 2009
Who is next? They say Kearns is one of the "three kings of corruption".
There is no consequences for these guys to fear; they will skim forever. Chief Demoura is probably thinking that this isn't a bad deal.
Unbelievable! Fitchburg residents will continue to have no confidence! Maybe we should picket city hall and call CNN to interview us. We can have some interesting signs!
Kearns retires

Harvard, MA

#219 Dec 21, 2009
They kept passing the torch protecting and allowing each other to embezle. These guys stole tens of thousands!!
It will only stop when someone is held accountable for their actions!! How can they throw thieves in jail??
They feel they are above; they are not being held accountable.
Chief Donovan

Harvard, MA

#220 Dec 22, 2009
FORMER EMPLOYEE wrote:
Chuckie, do you really want to go there. You are openng a can of worms that even your smooth talking wont save you. A lot of officers have the real facts about you and there are still people out there that can testify to what you and others have done in the past and present. The direct orders to stop investigations and not let certain agencies into the city. Remember when you started on the job and the contests the you and several otherS had about doing things. Need I say more about that?? It will all come out. So Charles its about a lot of things and they all involve you and the good old boy type of attitude and siding with others, who are finally gone!!!! Who is going to do anything against us, "WE ARE THE POLICE" remember saying and thinking that on a few occassions????MOST OF THE CANCER THAT HURT THAT DEPT IS GONE AND ONLY A LITTLE REMAINS, THEN THE HEALING CAN FINALLY START. Some of the young officers dont have all the facts, others do and a ton of retired guys know what you are all about???? So Charlie, dont wait until you are 65, pull the plug now before all of this stuff comes out and it wont be very favorable for you. ENJOY YOUR RETIREMENT AND PUT ALL OF THIS BEHIND YOU.
CALLING ALL COPS
best article

Wellesley, MA

#221 Dec 7, 2010
This blog lets it all out!
For stamos the Famous

Fitchburg, MA

#222 May 23, 2011
Stamos, I am sure that you will enjoy this read as it is all aired out here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fitchburgs corruption being exposed (Feb '16) 18 hr Vincent D 587
News Area police departments struggle to cover all d... (Nov '16) Wed Julius 4
Kevin Lynch's explanation for events in Fitchburg (Oct '17) Wed Julius 26
Another Monday Has Come And Gone (Apr '17) Apr 16 Lynch For Dirigible 133
Sam Squailias Bra Size Apr 15 Lynch Attourney 20
Lynch Anti Violence Scam. Apr 15 Pee Wee Herman 17
News Confusion over how many pot retailers approved ... Apr 9 Julius 2

Fitchburg Jobs

Personal Finance

Fitchburg Mortgages