Police official says he's being forced out of the department - ...

Police Capt. Charles Tasca, who was put on a paid leave of absence by Police Chief Robert DeMoura last Friday, said Tuesday he believes DeMoura, has been systematically trying to drive him out of the Police Department for more than a year. Full Story
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
AAA

Lewiston, ME

#1 Dec 9, 2009
I thought DeMoura was the police chief, he's nothing more than a puppet for the mayor/chief. I'm sure when she tells him to jump he asks " How high your majesty". I also would like to know how much she paid for this "consultant". If there was any question of wrong doing she should have gone to the DA. Sounds like she needs to find something wrong. Whats this going to cost the city in the long run in legal fees? I'm sure a lot more money than the city would be saving by demoting long time police officers. Fitchburg now has two outsiders, a mayor with a big ego and a police chief with no b@!!$ making Fitchburg a bigger cess pool than it was before they arrived.
puppet master

Springfield, MA

#2 Dec 9, 2009
AAA wrote:
I thought DeMoura was the police chief, he's nothing more than a puppet for the mayor/chief. I'm sure when she tells him to jump he asks " How high your majesty". I also would like to know how much she paid for this "consultant".
Don D

AOL

#3 Dec 9, 2009
Ya, I'm sure they are just randomly, with no basis putting him on leave. They have someting on him or wouldn't have gone this route.
I think the WHOLE department should be investigated and clean house.
Ed G

AOL

#4 Dec 9, 2009
AAA wrote:
I thought DeMoura was the police chief, he's nothing more than a puppet for the mayor/chief. I'm sure when she tells him to jump he asks " How high your majesty". I also would like to know how much she paid for this "consultant". If there was any question of wrong doing she should have gone to the DA. Sounds like she needs to find something wrong. Whats this going to cost the city in the long run in legal fees? I'm sure a lot more money than the city would be saving by demoting long time police officers. Fitchburg now has two outsiders, a mayor with a big ego and a police chief with no b@!!$ making Fitchburg a bigger cess pool than it was before they arrived.
How's retirement Chief Gallant? It's been a while. Hope you have a wonderful holiday season, our greetings to the Mrs.. Looks like Charlie may have the time to go up for another visit, take care.
fedupwithpolitic ians

Bronx, NY

#5 Dec 9, 2009
I know a lot of the police officers and have nothing bad to say about their integrity or honesty
anyone who wants that job dealing with the scum we have in fitchburg take the test
galario

Newton Center, MA

#6 Dec 9, 2009
I think its a dam shame the way they are treating a dedicated officer such as Charlie Tasca...I hope Charlie sues the city for their harsh treatment.....the captian of the Fitchburg Police department should be ashamed and embarrassed by his actions....what a disgrace....anyone who knows Charlie...knows what a fine assest he has been for the police department! Good luck Charlie
FORMER EMPLOYEE

Worcester, MA

#7 Dec 9, 2009
Chuckie, do you really want to go there. You are openng a can of worms that even your smooth talking wont save you. A lot of officers have the real facts about you and there are still people out there that can testify to what you and others have done in the past and present. The direct orders to stop investigations and not let certain agencies into the city. Remember when you started on the job and the contests the you and several otherS had about doing things. Need I say more about that?? It will all come out. So Charles its about a lot of things and they all involve you and the good old boy type of attitude and siding with others, who are finally gone!!!! Who is going to do anything against us, "WE ARE THE POLICE" remember saying and thinking that on a few occassions????MOST OF THE CANCER THAT HURT THAT DEPT IS GONE AND ONLY A LITTLE REMAINS, THEN THE HEALING CAN FINALLY START. Some of the young officers dont have all the facts, others do and a ton of retired guys know what you are all about???? So Charlie, dont wait until you are 65, pull the plug now before all of this stuff comes out and it wont be very favorable for you. ENJOY YOUR RETIREMENT AND PUT ALL OF THIS BEHIND YOU.
FORMER EMPLOYEE

Worcester, MA

#8 Dec 9, 2009
Ed G wrote:
<quoted text>
How's retirement Chief Gallant? It's been a while. Hope you have a wonderful holiday season, our greetings to the Mrs.. Looks like Charlie may have the time to go up for another visit, take care.
IF THIS REALLY IS THE FAMOUS EG, YOU HAVE A LOT OF NERVE EVEN RESPONDING TO ANY OF THIS..MY ADVICE TO YOU IS KEEP OUT OF IT. YOU REALLY DONT WANT ALL THAT YOU HAVE DONE EXPOSED FOR ALL THE PUBLIC TO READ..????
loser

Bronx, NY

#9 Dec 9, 2009
we need to get the moon face out of her position she has done nothing along with the chief but ruin the integrity and character of all our departments along with the hard working class people of fitchburg.........we need her to get lost and put the chief back where he belongs in lowell. speaking of lowell i was speaking with an officer from littleton and he informed me that they called him captain chaos, and isn't it funny how the word out is that lowell is finally turning around, now isn't that a coincidence seeing demoura no longer is in a hierarchy capacity! these things that the residents of fitchburg never found out about, the elderly in particular are fooled by wong in a smile and her protege demaura. what shame to have these phonies running our departments/city.
Here we go

AOL

#10 Dec 9, 2009
Indictment, that's the magic word...
Born N Burg

Worcester, MA

#11 Dec 9, 2009
who cares its jsut a bunch of corrupt fitchburg cops, who are used to doing things there own way and being rude and general jerks to 95% of the fitchburg population , now the tables are turned and their being done wrong and they dont like it! well neither do we!
pos

AOL

#12 Dec 9, 2009
demoura doesn't know,,, or care, diddley about the city of slumburg. He gets the mayor to bend over for him and that keeps him on her best side,,, or should i say, best end. Corrupt is a way of life,, accept it. Starts at the city level and works its way up to DC. If you think this city will ever get any better,,, boy,,, have i got bridges to sell.
Dr Evil

Boston, MA

#13 Dec 9, 2009
Sorry folks,
Dr. Evil needs to come out of retirement for this one. I just love this post.
Ha Ha Ha Ha I can't figure out if they are really serious or if this is suppose to be as funny as it sounds.
galario wrote:
I think its a dam shame the way they are treating a dedicated officer such as Charlie Tasca...I hope Charlie sues the city for their harsh treatment.....the captian of the Fitchburg Police department should be ashamed and embarrassed by his actions....what a disgrace....anyone who knows Charlie...knows what a fine assest he has been for the police department! Good luck Charlie
Hmm

Peabody, MA

#14 Dec 9, 2009
Boy I bet Chief Cronin doesn't look so bad now! Maybe the police officers over there should not have forced him out!
Dr Evil

Boston, MA

#15 Dec 9, 2009
It's funny how those who have things to hide, can only make fun of peoples appearences and false claims. Stop the rumors and name calling and grow up!
Yes "the hard working class" of Fitchburg deserve more then bantering like this. You sound like a woman at a coffee circle!
loser wrote:
we need to get the moon face out of her position she has done nothing along with the chief but ruin the integrity and character of all our departments along with the hard working class people of fitchburg.........we need her to get lost and put the chief back where he belongs in lowell. speaking of lowell i was speaking with an officer from littleton and he informed me that they called him captain chaos, and isn't it funny how the word out is that lowell is finally turning around, now isn't that a coincidence seeing demoura no longer is in a hierarchy capacity! these things that the residents of fitchburg never found out about, the elderly in particular are fooled by wong in a smile and her protege demaura. what shame to have these phonies running our departments/city.
Dickie Miller

AOL

#16 Dec 9, 2009
I never posted anything on Capt.Tasca, I never call myself Dickie, its always Dick Miller. I never had a problem with Tasca and considered him a friend for many years.
I will save judgement until all the facts are in.
bout time

Athol, MA

#17 Dec 9, 2009
So, Charlie was no longer able to sit in his office and do nothing? Oh wait, he did work but only on selling golf clubs. He has done nothing for the department in years but yet was still raking in the money. Nice job Chief. I am sure more dirt will be revealed when this is all said and done.
i think

Wellesley Hills, MA

#18 Dec 9, 2009
I guess Tasca does not want to stay home all day with his wife...i'd love to be home with my honey, but some spouses are not so lovable and he sounds like he would rather be working...and that is his right and the powers that be should stop bothering him....finally a cop that wants to work past 50 years old...go Tasca
T_Geer

United States

#19 Dec 9, 2009
Capt. Charles Tasca put himself on the line numerous times for the job,and when they needed someone to step up to chief he was there.You take care of your own!Mayor Wong is an idiot,if you need to save money so bad then cancel this consultant, or have your chief of police take a pay cut to save money.Capts Tasca and Kearns deserve the respect to go out on their own terms. Mayor wong needs to look elsewhere to save money. The police and fire departments are the most vital assets to any town and if mayor wong cant see this then maybe fitchburg needs a new mayor.
and more

Leominster, MA

#20 Dec 9, 2009
bout time wrote:
So, Charlie was no longer able to sit in his office and do nothing? Oh wait, he did work but only on selling golf clubs. He has done nothing for the department in years but yet was still raking in the money. Nice job Chief. I am sure more dirt will be revealed when this is all said and done.
faked OT slips and the works. It finally caught up with him. When they add it all up, it will be equal to having already taken a pension, so it could very well be suspended.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A change of culture at Fitchburg Police Dept. -... (Nov '10) 1 hr J Edgar Lynch 268
Charlie Baker for governor 6 hr Bob t 8
Lynch request for court case to be brought forw... (Jul '13) 9 hr Running out of Time 53
Main street proposal will set Fitchburg back 40... Sun Lynch for Mayor 17
Wong takes chiefs job Sun Jnt 5
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) Sun Malden Resident 1,167
Woman's husband likes to wear pantyhose - Senti... (Jul '08) Sep 26 Keeping an Open Mind 47

Fitchburg News Video

Fitchburg Jobs

Fitchburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fitchburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fitchburg

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]