AG: Ashby selectmen violated meeting law

AG: Ashby selectmen violated meeting law

There are 31 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Jun 13, 2013, titled AG: Ashby selectmen violated meeting law. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

The Board of Selectmen violated the state's Open Meeting Law last year when it conducted business during a meeting that was not posted, according to a ruling from the Attorney General's Office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ashbyman

Shirley, MA

#21 Jun 17, 2013
Wasteoftime wrote:
<quoted text>
I figure she's still mad about everyone voting her out as treasurer and voting Kate Stacy in. She's been attacking anyone and everyone in Ashby government since then. Your mother should just get over it and move on. Let people do their jobs. She just makes Ashby look like a joke and embarasses herself while doing it.
Well said Peter.
Wasteoftime

Gardner, MA

#22 Jun 17, 2013
Ashbyman wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said Peter.
wrong person and not even the right sex! But now that you mention it I think Mr Meunier and Mr McMurray did a great job while they were in office, despite your crazy mother.
Ashbyman

Shirley, MA

#23 Jun 19, 2013
Wasteoftime wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong person and not even the right sex! But now that you mention it I think Mr Meunier and Mr McMurray did a great job while they were in office, despite your crazy mother.
speaking of wrong people...try again.
Wasteoftime

Gardner, MA

#24 Jun 20, 2013
Ashbyman wrote:
<quoted text>
speaking of wrong people...try again.
WOW that was some meeting last night. Can you honestly tell me that Steven Ingerson doesn't have some type of agenda? Talk about being arrogant, those emails he sent to the town hall staff were disturbing. I'm glad Mike explained to Steven that he is not the boss of everyone. He needs to get off his butt and go get his own information if he needs it. The staff is not there to serve just him, they serve us. I also hope you caught the part about the liquor license. I agree with Mike completely. Doug Briggs thought it was legal and told Mcmurray it was. It was an innocent mistake blown out of proportion by your mother. Steven's comments in the paper were ridiculous and I'm happy Mike called him on that. I wish I knew what Steven has against Peter, because it's obvious there is something going on. I also can't believe Steven couldn't make decisions and do the job we voted him in for and appoint people and accept the grant etc. I am so sorry I voted for him. I think it's criminal that his secretary is also running. If she gets in then nothing will ever get done.
Ashbyman

Haverhill, MA

#25 Jun 20, 2013
ranting are we?
Wasteoftime

Gardner, MA

#26 Jun 21, 2013
Ashbyman wrote:
ranting are we?
That's it?? No opinion on Steven's secretary Martha running for the third seat. You can't tell me that will be open and transparent. No opinion on what Steven's issue with McMurray is? I saw Martha's sign what do think she means by "hold them accountable" Who's them and accountable for what? I expected so much more from you who has all the answers.
Sorry for ranting but there is just sooo much to rant about.
Ashbyman

Haverhill, MA

#27 Jun 22, 2013
you talk about that old lady with an ax to grind. Well,it seems your ax has already been sharpened. I don't care who you are or who you think I am, if you running for the BOS then make sure your agenda is for the better of Ashby not Ashburnham. Or any other town for that matter. the relationship of Mr. Briggs and Mr.McMurray was unhealthy at best for Ashby. If you believe otherwise you don't deserve to be on the Board. Do your best and focus on important things not the ramblings of Lil Whitney. The BOS will have critics and if it wasn't her criticizing it would be someone else.
As for all the answers,I do not have them. but, I'd use whats in front of me as a resource and not a obstacle. Get it?
Wasteoftime

Gardner, MA

#28 Jun 22, 2013
Ashbyman wrote:
you talk about that old lady with an ax to grind. Well,it seems your ax has already been sharpened. I don't care who you are or who you think I am, if you running for the BOS then make sure your agenda is for the better of Ashby not Ashburnham. Or any other town for that matter. the relationship of Mr. Briggs and Mr.McMurray was unhealthy at best for Ashby. If you believe otherwise you don't deserve to be on the Board. Do your best and focus on important things not the ramblings of Lil Whitney. The BOS will have critics and if it wasn't her criticizing it would be someone else.
As for all the answers,I do not have them. but, I'd use whats in front of me as a resource and not a obstacle. Get it?
Do you think having Martha and Steven on the board together would be a good thing for Ashby?
Insanity

Fitchburg, MA

#29 Jun 22, 2013
Wasteoftime wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think having Martha and Steven on the board together would be a good thing for Ashby?
I still don't even understand how this can possibly be legal. Hopefully the people of Ashby will see how sketchy it is and vote against her.
Ashbyman

Haverhill, MA

#30 Jun 22, 2013
Wasteoftime wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think having Martha and Steven on the board together would be a good thing for Ashby?
no,I do not. neither do I think the last 3 were. clowns plain and simple, and Briggs pulling the strings. A dark time for sure.
Wasteoftime

Gardner, MA

#31 Jun 23, 2013
Ashbyman wrote:
<quoted text>
no,I do not. neither do I think the last 3 were. clowns plain and simple, and Briggs pulling the strings. A dark time for sure.
I think the last three did a good job so we will never agree on that, but I am happy that we agree on something - that Martha should not be voted in!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Owl 4 hr jim b 2
Lynch for Mayor (Nov '11) 6 hr Steve Cormier 150
Andy Couture 9 hr Marcus 22
News Pizza delivery man robbed in Fitchburg 10 hr Say what 4
new $15.00 minimum wage Tue Kim 2
News Fitchburg man arrested after 'lovers' quarrel' Tue Kim 3
What do folks think of mike Greenwoods wed co... Jul 26 bpb 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fitchburg Mortgages