Lunenburg may soon get high-tech tras...

Lunenburg may soon get high-tech trash bins - Sentinel & Enterprise

There are 10 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Jul 16, 2010, titled Lunenburg may soon get high-tech trash bins - Sentinel & Enterprise. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

Local officials are looking to put litter in its place using 21st century technology.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

whalom girl

Leominster, MA

#1 Jul 16, 2010
For the town that has NO MONEY we are going to spend it on high-tech trash bins?? Give me a break!! This is non sense!! I can see the $3000.00 going somewhere else, like fixing the roads or hiring some more police officers..

Since: Feb 09

Lunenburg

#2 Jul 16, 2010
i agree. if people clean up after themselves, there would be no issue. wm should empty the barrels regularly. don't waste money
steve

Clinton, MA

#3 Jul 16, 2010
Maybe the Highway Department should get off there asses and finally do some work like empty the trash barrels.
george jetson

AOL

#4 Jul 16, 2010
"Speidel said she plans on talking with the developers of the Emerald Place at Lake Whalom housing development to see if they would be willing to purchase a few of the trash barrels to place along Lakefront Avenue."

before you go too crazy about cost to the town-read the article.
Also, it cost money to have the barrels emptied by WM or the DPW-if these cans reduce the # of pickups and limit the ability of people to fill the cans with their trash from home like they do now, the cans will pay for themselves.
saw some of these

United States

#5 Jul 16, 2010
george jetson wrote:
"Speidel said she plans on talking with the developers of the Emerald Place at Lake Whalom housing development to see if they would be willing to purchase a few of the trash barrels to place along Lakefront Avenue."
before you go too crazy about cost to the town-read the article.
Also, it cost money to have the barrels emptied by WM or the DPW-if these cans reduce the # of pickups and limit the ability of people to fill the cans with their trash from home like they do now, the cans will pay for themselves.
I saw some of these in Maine in tourist areas. It's a great idea because the door is not large enough for someone to stuff their trash bag from home into and doesn't need to be emptied as often. I don't know how you can tell when it's full though, as it's completely enclosed.
Fizbo

Leominster, MA

#6 Jul 16, 2010
There are some of these in use in Boston and Cambridge, and they work well. When full, the trash container has a light that indicates it's full.

FP
MJL-Fitchburg

Harvard, MA

#7 Jul 16, 2010
I agree that the MONEY could be spent elsewhere..like additional POLICE. I sure hope FITCHBURG thinks TWICE,(more if needed) about WHERE the EXTRA monies could be SPENT.........IF that day ever comes that they have extra monies...to be spent on NON -emergency/necessary ITEMS. THANKS MJL

Since: Apr 09

Leominster, MA

#8 Jul 16, 2010
Maybe there's some "federal or state stimulus money" to pay for these. After all, millions have been spent on pork barrel and other projects. Like the Ted Kennedy Library (or palace)...
another burger

Clinton, MA

#9 Jul 17, 2010
Emereld Place should not be cottled. Once it gets going the residents will expect even more town paid benefits. More police patrols, due to the nature of the area. The lake area is going to become even more private property than it is now. I feel bad for the few fisherman that will be harrassed. Let the condo assoc figure out how to keep their lawn clean. Hope I'm wrong. I think our town crews should empty the current barrels more regularly.
timot

Fitchburg, MA

#10 Jul 18, 2010
Let the condo assoc.pay they are going to take the lake over anyway.Beautiful lake and all we get is some shitty little beach.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Turtleboy Sports Meeting 8 hr Seargent Slaughter 1
Tony Clune 17 hr Andy 4
Colorado Crapper Caper 20 hr EPOCA Palooka 3
Fitchburgs corruption being exposed (Feb '16) 21 hr Voter in 5 478
News Scesny convicted of murder and rape (Mar '12) Wed Jomminy Crickets 83
Another Monday Has Come And Gone Sep 18 Greg Marmalard 41
Lynch in Hibernation (Mar '17) Sep 17 Peaches 10

Fitchburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance