Zombieplatform

Gardner, MA

#4358 Mar 13, 2013
i suspect wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a ridiculous amount of time on your hands and you expect everyone to answer every bit of nonsense you post??? I suggest you get a job. It's obvious that you don't have one. I must get back to work now to pay for you lay-abouts and "retirees"
Awe poor baby, why not address even one of the pertinent posts?

Why does how much time I have play any part in anything?
I'm part of the Investor class you so love to love. You know, a Job Creator you so love to protect!
Now that my capital gains taxes are so low, I don't have to work a day job like you!

Sooooooooooo, you suspecting something just might be completely bogus!

Jealous is what you should call yourself!
Lemont Cranston

Largo, FL

#4359 Mar 13, 2013
i suspect wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a ridiculous amount of time on your hands and you expect everyone to answer every bit of nonsense you post??? I suggest you get a job. It's obvious that you don't have one. I must get back to work now to pay for you lay-abouts and "retirees"


The lunch rush is over and you won't be that busy on the Fry-0-Lator, why don't you tell us how the working class would be better off if Mitt got elected since you know so much.

Oh, and BTW, in between batches of fries read up on how SS is supposed to work before you knock retirees and disabled people.
meet Stephen Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#4360 Mar 13, 2013
Stephen F. Lynch was sworn in to the United States Congress in October 2001, following the passing of legendary Congressman John Joseph Moakley. His primary election took place on September 11, 2001.

The son of Francis Lynch, an ironworker, and Anne Lynch, a postal clerk, Stephen was born and raised in South Bostonís Old Colony Public Housing Development with his five sisters. While attending South Boston High School, Stephen joined his father as a member of Ironworkers Local 7 in Boston.

For eighteen years, he put on his work boots and climbed the iron, working as a structural ironworker. Working the high iron gave him a unique perspective. From the top of those skyscrapers, he never lost sight of the public housing project where he spent his childhood. He never lost sight of the lessons taught by hard working parents. And he never lost sight of the promise of America Ė that with courage, hard work and determination, anyone can go higher and further.

As an early testament to his leadership skills and commitment to serving working people, he was elected to serve as President of Ironworkers Local #7 - the youngest president in the history of the 2,000-member union. He went to school at night and on weekends to earn his Bachelorís Degree in Construction Management from Wentworth Institute of Technology.

Stephen continued his advocacy on behalf of working families through a second career as a labor and employment attorney, after receiving his law degree from Boston College Law School and being admitted to both the Massachusetts and New Hampshire Bars.

In 1994, Stephenís experience in addressing the cares and concerns of working people transformed into a career in public service when his neighbors elected him to the Massachusetts House of Representatives. In just fourteen months, he was elected to the Massachusetts State Senate in a special election. He served as Chair of the Joint Committee on Commerce and Labor and led efforts to better safeguard worker rights and promote responsible business development in the Commonwealth. In 1999, he earned a Masterís Degree in Public Administration from Harvard Universityís John F. Kennedy School of Government.

Stephen Lynch has a strong belief that government should work for the people it serves. He has an outstanding record of responding to the needs of his constituents and helping them to navigate through the red tape of government agencies. Whether itís a missing social security check or assistance with housing, his office has earned a reputation as the place to go when you need help. Because of his reputation for standing up for people, his constituents have sent him back to Congress in overwhelming numbers, earning him the highest number of votes of any Congressman in Massachusetts Ė and 6th best in the nation.

Congressman Lynch has been a lifelong resident of his hometown of South Boston, where he and his wife Margaret are raising their daughter Victoria. Though he works in Washington during the week, he prides himself on his commitment to get home to the district when his votes in Congress are done, attends town meetings and stays in close touch with all of the cities and towns in the 8th district.


Action Center



Support
Stephen




Join the
Team




Spread
the Word




Share
Your Story



Get Email Updates from Stephen

Submit


Latest Tweets

@lynchforsenate

"We are eroding the middle-class and the bridge towards it...We need to help the middle-class." #SEIUforum #masen4 days ago
"We want all of our gay brothers and sisters to have the same opportunities in life everybody else has..." #SEIUforum #masen4 days ago


Like Stephen on Facebook
Lemont Cranston

Largo, FL

#4361 Mar 13, 2013
What really irks me is they want to do away with Obamacare but don't have anything to put in it's place.
I agree Obamacare is not a perfect solution and will need adjustments during and after it's implemented but to DO NOTHING is even worse, the Republicans have been dragging their feet on this issue for so long they should just go along with ANYTHING the president put's in place.
What

Gardner, MA

#4362 Mar 13, 2013
Lemont Cranston wrote:
What really irks me is they want to do away with Obamacare but don't have anything to put in it's place.
I agree Obamacare is not a perfect solution and will need adjustments during and after it's implemented but to DO NOTHING is even worse, the Republicans have been dragging their feet on this issue for so long they should just go along with ANYTHING the president put's in place.
Try not to give them even the derogatory name, if you can call it Obamacare, you could call it Romneycare as it = same.

It IS the Affordable Care Act.
What

Gardner, MA

#4363 Mar 13, 2013
Wow, when you lose this bad even on Politix boards, you're toast!

http://politix.topix.com/homepage/5083-would-...
What

Gardner, MA

#4364 Mar 13, 2013
You seem very rational Lemont, stick around.
Lemont Cranston

Largo, FL

#4365 Mar 13, 2013
What wrote:
You seem very rational Lemont, stick around.
Thank you, I only call em like I see em as you do.

You are correct about the name, but I was afraid they would not know what I meant if I didn't use their terminology.
What

Gardner, MA

#4366 Mar 13, 2013
Lemont Cranston wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, I only call em like I see em as you do.
You are correct about the name, but I was afraid they would not know what I meant if I didn't use their terminology.
Hahahahaha

I truly do wish some day to be able to return to Politics when it too becomes rational again. Starts with known history and basic facts, gets everyone's input, makes rational decisions based on those things and lets the chips good or bad be owned by the ones who where in charge and given mandates by the people.
This permement politics of power only is for the birds.
Say what

Leominster, MA

#4368 Mar 13, 2013
What wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahaha
I truly do wish some day to be able to return to Politics when it too becomes rational again. Starts with known history and basic facts, gets everyone's input, makes rational decisions based on those things and lets the chips good or bad be owned by the ones who where in charge and given mandates by the people.
This permement politics of power only is for the birds.
I hope you're right. I also hope you learn proper grammar.
Lemont Cranston

Largo, FL

#4369 Mar 13, 2013
I'd like to see Joe Kennedy go for the Senate seat and was sorry to see that Ted Jr. decided not to take it on and carry on for his father. Either one of them would be a whole better than whose in the race now.

In any event, it will be a Democrat in there for sure.
What

Gardner, MA

#4371 Mar 14, 2013
Say what wrote:
<quoted text>I hope you're right. I also hope you learn proper grammar.
And I hope one day you'll post something that is actually meaningful, but that's just hope, I'm not expecting much from you!
What

Gardner, MA

#4372 Mar 14, 2013
i suspect wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a ridiculous amount of time on your hands and you expect everyone to answer every bit of nonsense you post??? I suggest you get a job. It's obvious that you don't have one. I must get back to work now to pay for you lay-abouts and "retirees"
OK so, here you go, pay attention this is the only time I will attempt to enlighten some of you. Maybe I can get just one of you to pop your head outside the bubble and THINK for a minute about what you're doing when standing with House Republicans.

You're all insisting that MY Taxes be kept very low, thank you very much but, you're voting against your own best interest. When Fox Snews bobbleheads tell you, oh no, don't raise taxes on high income earners, they mean themselves! THEY are high income earners, you're not, you're working a day job for wages almost guaranteed to be lower than you should be earning!

So, the Presidents Budget askes you to raise taxes on me and all the other high earners and Investors, while keeping yours about the same! The Ryan Budget, gives me more tax breaks!

As for Benefits, the President's plan trims them reasonably to ensure they are there for YOU, SS, Medicare and Medicaid. The Ryan Budget does away with those programs that will certainly benefit you! Are you thinking about this? You're most likely all between 45-55, do you have enough money to cover without those programs or are you expecting to work till you die?

So, quite frankly, if you have problems with me and all the time I have on my hands, as well as the money in my pocket, well, thank you very much it's YOUR doing. You want to work until you die, fine, be our guests.

If you were smart and wanted to ensure you can have a nice retirment after working 45-50 years, you'd be calling your House Republicans and demanding they take the Presidents deal!!!!!

The Republican plan assumes a requirement to balance the budget in 10 years (though the actual plan does not show that happeing) but 10 years is completely arbitrary, there is no drop dead timeframe for a balance of debt and deficit. Sure we could do it but that also assures we live in an impoversed land of dread for no real reason except Republicans decided that that was a good idea!

They're fooling you with talking points like "preserve the future for our children". What kind of future are you preserving when you take away Nutritional programs for kids, educational programs for kids, higher education grants, Pre-School, security for their parents (you), infrastructure work and on and on? An assured wasteland of no opportunity is what you're assuring!

Either you make those calls and break this log jam of BS being offered by Boehner and Ryan and McConnell and the rest of your champions or STFU about how great I have it because you're preserving it!!!

Now go decide where you think you stand on this.
i suspect

Boston, MA

#4373 Mar 14, 2013
Zombieplatform wrote:
<quoted text>
Awe poor baby, why not address even one of the pertinent posts?
Why does how much time I have play any part in anything?
I'm part of the Investor class you so love to love. You know, a Job Creator you so love to protect!
Now that my capital gains taxes are so low, I don't have to work a day job like you!
Sooooooooooo, you suspecting something just might be completely bogus!
Jealous is what you should call yourself!
Thanks for the laugh. No way you are a job creator or investor. My suspicions are exactly right. Carry on.
What

Gardner, MA

#4374 Mar 14, 2013
Sequestration will caause a loss of 750 thousand jobs at a time when the recovery can least afford that and what are Republicans DISTRACTING you with?

Cancelled WH tours is what!!!

"We learned this week that sequestration cuts will force furloughs for those who help keep Americans' food supply safe, will deny tuition assistance to military veterans, and cause real hardship on low-income Americans who rely on housing assistance.

But for reasons that increasingly defy comprehension, Washington doesn't want to talk about any of these issues or related sequester-related suffering. Instead, the cancelation of White House tours is dominating the Beltway conversation.

there were eight questions about the tours at yesterday's White House press briefing. George Stephanopoulos wanted to talk about this during a rare interview with President Obama, asking two questions on this. Congressional Republicans wanted to talk about this when the president met with them privately, and they're weighing a new resolution on the issue.

This was a bizarre distraction last week, but yesterday, it seems Washington's interest in the sequestration cuts' effect on White House tours took a farcical turn. The CBO says the sequester will cost the nation 750,000 jobs and the Beltway yawns; the White House says tours will be canceled and the Beltway screams.

It's hard not to wonder why media professionals are playing along with this. Time's Michael Grunwald said reporters are "obsessed" with the tours issue because "Republicans are talking about" it.

Shows real Republican concern for the future of the country huh!
Endorsement

Fitchburg, MA

#4375 Mar 14, 2013
As a senior citizen, I often worry about my bills, and whether or not Social Security will provide enough to help me pay them. Then I hear on TV that Republicans in Congress want to tinker with Social Security again.

They tried this before, and Steve Lynch and other Democrats stopped them. I worked hard my whole life, and contributed my share to Social Security. Now I rely on the program to see me through my retirement. I canít afford any changes to Social Security benefits. Steve Lynch was an ironworker for 18 years, just like his dad.

He understands hard work, and the importance of the Social Security safety net. Thatís why he opposes efforts to privatize Social Security, and wonít vote to raise the retirement age.

Lynch understands people like me, and he has always stood up for working men and women. Thatís the kind of leader we need in the Senate.

Mary Braga
Taunton

Read more: http://www.tauntongazette.com/newsnow/x171161...
Lemont Cranston

Largo, FL

#4376 Mar 14, 2013
What wrote:
<quoted text>
OK so, here you go, pay attention this is the only time I will attempt to enlighten some of you. Maybe I can get just one of you to pop your head outside the bubble and THINK for a minute about what you're doing when standing with House Republicans.
You're all insisting that MY Taxes be kept very low, thank you very much but, you're voting against your own best interest. When Fox Snews bobbleheads tell you, oh no, don't raise taxes on high income earners, they mean themselves! THEY are high income earners, you're not, you're working a day job for wages almost guaranteed to be lower than you should be earning!
So, the Presidents Budget askes you to raise taxes on me and all the other high earners and Investors, while keeping yours about the same! The Ryan Budget, gives me more tax breaks!
As for Benefits, the President's plan trims them reasonably to ensure they are there for YOU, SS, Medicare and Medicaid. The Ryan Budget does away with those programs that will certainly benefit you! Are you thinking about this? You're most likely all between 45-55, do you have enough money to cover without those programs or are you expecting to work till you die?
So, quite frankly, if you have problems with me and all the time I have on my hands, as well as the money in my pocket, well, thank you very much it's YOUR doing. You want to work until you die, fine, be our guests.
If you were smart and wanted to ensure you can have a nice retirment after working 45-50 years, you'd be calling your House Republicans and demanding they take the Presidents deal!!!!!
The Republican plan assumes a requirement to balance the budget in 10 years (though the actual plan does not show that happeing) but 10 years is completely arbitrary, there is no drop dead timeframe for a balance of debt and deficit. Sure we could do it but that also assures we live in an impoversed land of dread for no real reason except Republicans decided that that was a good idea!
They're fooling you with talking points like "preserve the future for our children". What kind of future are you preserving when you take away Nutritional programs for kids, educational programs for kids, higher education grants, Pre-School, security for their parents (you), infrastructure work and on and on? An assured wasteland of no opportunity is what you're assuring!
Either you make those calls and break this log jam of BS being offered by Boehner and Ryan and McConnell and the rest of your champions or STFU about how great I have it because you're preserving it!!!
Now go decide where you think you stand on this.
Thank You for the time you spent writing that up as it could not be any clearer. However, there are some that no matter what facts are presented to them they will put Party first over the facts and consequences. I am thankful the majority of America sees it for what it is and will not allow them to be in the political position to do damage to our country.
Now, Sarah P. is writing a new book on Christmas, Ka-ching!
What

Gardner, MA

#4377 Mar 14, 2013
i suspect wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the laugh. No way you are a job creator or investor. My suspicions are exactly right. Carry on.
NO WAY I care what you think.
Now look

Leominster, MA

#4378 Mar 14, 2013
What wrote:
<quoted text>
NO WAY I care what you think.
You seem like a nice enough girl, and yeah you do care about how you look and how others think about you. Now go take your menapause medicine and stop bitching.
What

Gardner, MA

#4379 Mar 14, 2013
Say what
Leominster, MA

Reply Ľ
And I hope one day you'll post something that is actually meaningful, but that's just hope, I'm not expecting much from you!

Now look
Leominster, MA
You seem like a nice enough girl, and yeah you do care about how you look and how others think about you. Now go take your menapause medicine and stop bitching.

I'm really not disappointed since my expectations were spot on!!! Talk about a little girl, hiding behind different names and squeeling out childish garbage!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fitchburg candidate fined over recycling sees p... 6 hr Jtn 8
Why do men aspire to be like Kevin Lynch? 7 hr D Furor 7
Lynch request for court case to be brought forw... (Jul '13) 14 hr No release no peace 185
News Remains found in Lancaster - Sentinel & Enterprise (May '09) 18 hr Jessica youman 16
News Hearing held in Fitchburg on PARCC testing system Sat Jtn 4
Leominster man, ordered to write essay in 2013 ... May 1 a dedicated one 1
News JR's Pub, others Fitchburg buildings demolished... Apr 30 BillyBob 18
More from around the web

Fitchburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]