Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Just Facts

United States

#4330 Mar 13, 2013
Government is an entity that doesn’t create anything tangible, but is a necessity for our country and culture to survive. Our form of government is a form that allows us to elect our leaders in hopes that the leadership they provide will move our country and its people forward. Government leaders have many different motivations for the creation of laws and many of those motivations are in direct conflict with government’s responsibility in AIDING businesses. Over many years, our government has created thousands and thousands of regulations and laws, providing guidance for our society. Many of those laws are directly related to the regulation of aspects of business and these laws require businesses to comply. Some of these laws defy any common sense and are detrimental to our businesses.
We have laws that allow a stupid lady the right to spill hot coffee in her lap at a drive-through window, and then successfully take millions of dollars from the restaurant that served her the hot coffee, or allow a stupid man the ability to sue a company that made a motor home where he got up from the driver’s seat while the vehicle was in motion to make himself a sandwich in the kitchen. Isn’t it sad that we have a yearly show about successful lawsuits that are so ridiculous that they can make a show about it and we laugh…isn’t that funny??? The businesses suffering from our ridiculous tort system aren’t laughing…they suffer the consequences of that system, and by the way, so do we. We have fewer jobs available because of that system.
We have laws that forced banks to comply with our governments wishes to “give everyone a house”, because it is everyone’s right to have a house…right? It doesn’t matter if they have an adequate ability to pay, but government forced banks to lend money to people that they really should not have or face consequences. We all know what the result was…businesses creating financial instruments that should have never been created because they needed to hide the truth within those instruments on the risks of default from all of these people that really were not able to “buy their own house”.
We have a law that will force every business to provide employees with health insurance or pay a fine for not providing a benefit that government considers a right. Although I agree that we all have the “right” to access “health care”, that should not be confused for having the “right” to “health insurance”. Those are two different things, but what are the government’s motives for doing that? That would be no different than government creating a law that states that employers will be required to provide 3 weeks of paid vacation and 10 sick days to all employees or face penalties.
These are not laws that enable companies to hire and move their businesses forward. These laws impose layers and layers of cost onto our businesses that they would not have to pay if their workforce is “out of country”. We need our government to work with our businesses if we want our country and our people to move forward and prosper, but it will take government and business working together.
Right now our government is working against our businesses, and until that changes, we will see a continuance of high unemployment, high numbers of people utilizing public assistance and government services, and all of the negative issues that come with these things.
Just Facts

United States

#4331 Mar 13, 2013
I have a question for some of you...

How many good decisions have you made when you were making those decisions in turmoil or under duress and responding with emotion instead of considering all of the consequences?

We have a government that CONSTANTLY makes its decision in reaction to a crisis and these decisions are not well thought out.

How crazy is is for Nancy Pelosi to make this statement..."we will know whats in it after we pass it". That is like me telling you to sign a contract...you asking me what is in the contract, and me telling you,"you will know whats in it after you sign it". That is what the Democrats are doing...it is crazy and should never be supported.
What

Fitchburg, MA

#4332 Mar 13, 2013
"with government’s responsibility in AIDING businesses."

The Government does not have such a responsibility! The Government ALLOWS Corporations to exist. Prove this is a mandate for our democracy!

No mention of how Republicans are sticking it to Veterans, then elderly, the poor!

Keep spinning top!!!!
Just Facts

United States

#4333 Mar 13, 2013
Hey FR,

I have a copy of the budget from The House of Representatives because thay have their budget done on time AGAIN.

Where is Obama's budget? Oh thats right, he doesn't have one AGAIN.

Where is the Senate's budget...oh thats right, it is MIA too.

Obama hasn't submitted a REQUIRED budget in 5 years...thats a responsible president.
What

Fitchburg, MA

#4334 Mar 13, 2013
Lots of words, no substance! This will be the order of the day apparently!
What

Fitchburg, MA

#4335 Mar 13, 2013
Just Facts wrote:
I have a question for some of you...
How many good decisions have you made when you were making those decisions in turmoil or under duress and responding with emotion instead of considering all of the consequences?
We have a government that CONSTANTLY makes its decision in reaction to a crisis and these decisions are not well thought out.
How crazy is is for Nancy Pelosi to make this statement..."we will know whats in it after we pass it". That is like me telling you to sign a contract...you asking me what is in the contract, and me telling you,"you will know whats in it after you sign it". That is what the Democrats are doing...it is crazy and should never be supported.
REPUBLICANS ARE CAUSING THE CRISIS'!

And of course now it's questions instead of answers!!!!!
What

Fitchburg, MA

#4336 Mar 13, 2013
Just Facts wrote:
Hey FR,
I have a copy of the budget from The House of Representatives because thay have their budget done on time AGAIN.
Where is Obama's budget? Oh thats right, he doesn't have one AGAIN.
Where is the Senate's budget...oh thats right, it is MIA too.
Obama hasn't submitted a REQUIRED budget in 5 years...thats a responsible president.
DISTRACTION POST!!!!!

Here it is, same as last four years!

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/Overview

And BTW, who is responsible for the Budget in our democracy?????

Hint: It's NOT the President!!

SPIN SPIN SPIN!!!!!!
What

Fitchburg, MA

#4337 Mar 13, 2013
Lemont Cranston wrote:
<quoted text>
Read and respond to Post #4323 and please don't dance around the post as it's a serious statement. Ryans Budget is one of the main reasons Mitty is eating fluffanutter cupcakes on his Birthday and will be the reason the American people will not elect a Republican.
How do you like all the SOP dancing (and spinning)????

HE will never respond with reality based comments, only distractions, questions, accusations!!
Lemont Cranston

Largo, FL

#4338 Mar 13, 2013
What wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you like all the SOP dancing (and spinning)????
HE will never respond with reality based comments, only distractions, questions, accusations!!
I think you are correct, he'll post something attacking or try to belittle me by side-stepping the subject because he knows he cannot provide any serious or realistic facts in making his point.

I just don't understand how he can carry on his fantasy beliefs when presented with the actual facts and tells me he wants a serious discussion, try splaining that to me?
Say what

Leominster, MA

#4339 Mar 13, 2013
It's simple. The Govt. is making it hard to have a small business when it should be making it more affordable. Look around you and you see businesses closing because they can't sustain themselves.

Now use models like Walmart or McDonalds. They thrive because they sell a cheap product and the majority of the employees don't get a 40 hour week.
What

Fitchburg, MA

#4340 Mar 13, 2013
Lemont Cranston wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are correct, he'll post something attacking or try to belittle me by side-stepping the subject because he knows he cannot provide any serious or realistic facts in making his point.
I just don't understand how he can carry on his fantasy beliefs when presented with the actual facts and tells me he wants a serious discussion, try splaining that to me?
It's really very simple, you called him out on something that was wrong, provable, real and factual and the one thing this sideshow circus clown will never, ever do, admit he was wrong!

He'll go down so many rabbitt holes you won't believe it instead of just simply saying he was wrong.

Really very simple.

He'll post on this thread for days until his actual wrong post and all other attempted distractions are buried.
What

Fitchburg, MA

#4341 Mar 13, 2013
Say what wrote:
It's simple. The Govt. is making it hard to have a small business when it should be making it more affordable. Look around you and you see businesses closing because they can't sustain themselves.
Now use models like Walmart or McDonalds. They thrive because they sell a cheap product and the majority of the employees don't get a 40 hour week.
http://money.cnn.com/2012/12/03/news/economy/...

In the third quarter, corporate earnings were $1.75 trillion, up 18.6% from a year ago, according to last week'si gross domestic product report. That took after-tax profits to their greatest percentage of GDP in history.

Suffrage!!
Say what

Leominster, MA

#4342 Mar 13, 2013
OK I'm clueless. Walmart and McDonalds don't make any profits. Now go and buy a bath mat made in China and a Mcdouble and some fries. All for 8 bucks. Tip the girl at the checkout counter, she is only getting to work 39 hours this week.
Lemont Cranston

Largo, FL

#4343 Mar 13, 2013
Say what wrote:
OK I'm clueless. Walmart and McDonalds don't make any profits. Now go and buy a bath mat made in China and a Mcdouble and some fries. All for 8 bucks. Tip the girl at the checkout counter, she is only getting to work 39 hours this week.

I wonder where the paper products Mickey D uses are manufactured and the Happy Meal toys?? Anyone wanna guess??
Easily confused

Leominster, MA

#4344 Mar 13, 2013
Lemont Cranston wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder where the paper products Mickey D uses are manufactured and the Happy Meal toys?? Anyone wanna guess??
I would guess in Ayer MA but that may be just a distribution spot.
What

Fitchburg, MA

#4345 Mar 13, 2013
This is the funniest part, even Fox Snews tells him his Budget is a non starter since it relies on the repeal of the ACA and that's not gonna happen making this new (read same) Budget a complete waste of time, effrot and money!!!!

"WALLACE: I'm going to pick up on this because I must say I didn't understand it. Are you saying that as part of your budget, you would repeal, you assume the repeal of Obamacare?

RYAN: Yes.

WALLACE: Well, that's not going to happen."

Sooooooooooooooooo, doesn't matter when it comes out, it means exaclty ZERO as it can never happen and Republicans have been told this and BTW also agreed with it immediately following their LOST elections!

"WASHINGTON – In a wide-ranging interview, House Speaker John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) said raising tax rates is “unacceptable,” vice presidential nominee Paul D. Ryan is not the new leader of the GOP and the reelection of President Obama means the nation’s new healthcare law is “the law of the land.”

But do they care about facts? Reality? Elections? Will of the people?

Apparently NOT as we see the same old BS coming from them.
Jimmy Buffett

Fitchburg, MA

#4346 Mar 13, 2013
Wasting away again in makebelieverville, searching for that lost shaker of truth, some people say it's Obama to blame but we know, it's Republicans fault!
Lemont Cranston

Largo, FL

#4347 Mar 13, 2013
What wrote:
This is the funniest part, even Fox Snews tells him his Budget is a non starter since it relies on the repeal of the ACA and that's not gonna happen making this new (read same) Budget a complete waste of time, effrot and money!!!!
"WALLACE: I'm going to pick up on this because I must say I didn't understand it. Are you saying that as part of your budget, you would repeal, you assume the repeal of Obamacare?
RYAN: Yes.
WALLACE: Well, that's not going to happen."
Sooooooooooooooooo, doesn't matter when it comes out, it means exaclty ZERO as it can never happen and Republicans have been told this and BTW also agreed with it immediately following their LOST elections!
"WASHINGTON – In a wide-ranging interview, House Speaker John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) said raising tax rates is “unacceptable,” vice presidential nominee Paul D. Ryan is not the new leader of the GOP and the reelection of President Obama means the nation’s new healthcare law is “the law of the land.”
But do they care about facts? Reality? Elections? Will of the people?
Apparently NOT as we see the same old BS coming from them.
Repeal of Obamacare is only a part of it, let's throw in SS, Medicare and Veterans benefits which Boehner was asking for, Ryan is all done and to think he was running for VP what a joke! I can picture Joe B. laughing like hell now :-)
Lemont Cranston

Largo, FL

#4348 Mar 13, 2013
Jimmy Buffett wrote:
Wasting away again in makebelieverville, searching for that lost shaker of truth, some people say it's Obama to blame but we know, it's Republicans fault!

As Gabby would say "Yer darn toot'n it is"!
Jimmy Buffett

Fitchburg, MA

#4349 Mar 13, 2013
Lemont Cranston wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeal of Obamacare is only a part of it, let's throw in SS, Medicare and Veterans benefits which Boehner was asking for, Ryan is all done and to think he was running for VP what a joke! I can picture Joe B. laughing like hell now :-)
Ryan nothing, they're so far deep into the bubble of not acknowledging the past that they're actually floating a Third Bush Presidency!!!!!

OMG how devoid of reality do you have to be to think this country would ever consider another Bush!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fitchburg man and Worcester woman pronounced de... (Jul '10) 10 hr Mom to Tom 27
Smitty 11 hr Jim 1
Just Another Monday 11 hr Binocular Boy Lynch 1
News Concerned Fitchburg residents get tour of propo... 18 hr Fat Stevie 6
Fitchburgs corruption being exposed (Feb '16) Sun GOBN 84
Santa Sun Duane 1
News Fitchburg fire chief and firefighters honored T... Dec 3 Fat Stevie 3

Fitchburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fitchburg Mortgages