Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Repubs blocked funding

Fitchburg, MA

#3052 Nov 1, 2012
former dem wrote:
<quoted text>
No kidding. Lizzie and Obama will fight to allow abortions of inconvenient babies to 13 year old girls with no parental consent but refuse to provide security to diplomats in danger zones. Priorities... It's all about priorities for them.
I need to correct you as it was the Republicans who voted to deny funding for extra security for our embassies.
Civil Servant Supporter

Winchendon, MA

#3053 Nov 1, 2012
Stamos wrote:
Obstructionists???? Yeah RIGHT! Another clueless useful idiot walking among the dead.
Senate Democrats rejected Obama budget in 99-0 vote
http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/...
In March 2010, Obamacare was passed without a single Republican vote.
Stamos! You and I need to begin planning for Tuesday. if you're working and voting in Fitchburg or Leominster, meet me at Brookline NH package store after voting in MA so we can hop over the line and vote in NH. We'll have a couple of cocktails for lunch before we go cast our vote in Nashua. If you're going to be voting and coming from Lowell, meet me at the NH package store at the Southgate Mall on Daniel Webster Highway.

To hell with "By the sword we seek peace..." That's a stupid motto anyway. LIVE FREE OR DIE, Stamos! Free to vote as many times as we want!

We're going to be swing-staters, Stamos! I'm pumped! We just need to find a couple of dead guys now.

See you, Stamos!

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#3054 Nov 1, 2012
Civil Servant Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
Stamos! You and I need to begin planning for Tuesday. if you're working and voting in Fitchburg or Leominster, meet me at Brookline NH package store after voting in MA so we can hop over the line and vote in NH. We'll have a couple of cocktails for lunch before we go cast our vote in Nashua. If you're going to be voting and coming from Lowell, meet me at the NH package store at the Southgate Mall on Daniel Webster Highway.
To hell with "By the sword we seek peace..." That's a stupid motto anyway. LIVE FREE OR DIE, Stamos! Free to vote as many times as we want!
We're going to be swing-staters, Stamos! I'm pumped! We just need to find a couple of dead guys now.
See you, Stamos!
To late Civil, I already voted in Ma a couple of weeks ago. They didn't even ask me for an Id. I'll be voting again though come Tuesday with a few other dead people. Lowell? I'd rather live under the 5th street bridge.
Stamos for Obama

Fitchburg, MA

#3055 Nov 1, 2012
Stamos wrote:
<quoted text>To late Civil, I already voted in Ma a couple of weeks ago. They didn't even ask me for an Id. I'll be voting again though come Tuesday with a few other dead people. Lowell? I'd rather live under the 5th street bridge.
You needed an ID to receive a ballot.I have assisted a few people in Boston receive ballots.

Stamos,you voted for Romney too early.If you had waited you could have changed your decision and voted with the rest of us on election day for the winner,Obama!

I can sense your frustration. Now how do you know if when you casted your vote the machine didn't reward Obama with your vote??

There is a fellow Republican on here who claims that Diabold machines were rewarding Obama instead of Romney with the intended vote meant for Romney.

Now Stamos,you know what problems that Diabold had so why sit there and not intervene to correct your cohort in reference to diabold??
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#3056 Nov 1, 2012
I'm so sorry I'm such a low life loser. I really need to make some changes. I'll start by voting for Romney and re-electing Scott Brown.
Corporate Greed

Leominster, MA

#3058 Nov 1, 2012
I'll be happy when the election is over and everyone stops bickering. It's like people have forgot it's Halloween. If you use youtube you can always watch the family holiday classic It's the great Dolemite Charlie Brown and get back into the spirit.
Civil Servant Supporter

Winchendon, MA

#3059 Nov 2, 2012
Stamos wrote:
<quoted text>To late Civil, I already voted in Ma a couple of weeks ago. They didn't even ask me for an Id. I'll be voting again though come Tuesday with a few other dead people. Lowell? I'd rather live under the 5th street bridge.
Ha ha! You're starting to sound like a dummy-crat now! But any way, who'd you vote for? How come?

Stamos don't knock Lowell. It's not Lawrence, you know. It's not Kansas either, but Lowell is one of the best little cities I've drunk my way through. Lots of culture too. Good minor league baseball team... That Asian Festival they have down by the River is a blast. Tons of pretty Asian girls, Lots of Laotian food... Yum... The cultural festival they have in the summer rocks too. They close off the downtown so drunks like me can stagger from one venue to the other without getting run over... Yes, I like that town! Live there? I don't know. The Lowell Connector on a weekday at 8:00 a.m. looks like LA. The Rourke bridge over the River can back up for miles sometimes. But I like it anyway.

Well, I wish you wouldn't have told me you already voted. I'm disappointed I don't have any more time to help you keep an open mind about this election. I'm going to miss all the political commercials on TV, but I can't wait for the Christmas onslaught of consumer and corporate greed (all in the name of Jesus) that's going to take its place. When I heard how much the Senator wannabes spent on campaigning it made me a bit sick. Was it 60 million a piece? That's a whole lot of dineros could have gone to a better cause I say. Come Wednesday, bring ol' Santa on! I'm voting for Santa!!!

See you, Stamos!
Sgt Hulka

Fitchburg, MA

#3060 Nov 2, 2012
There's the fake army man, running his mouth. Takes a real man to claim to be a vet on an anonymous message board.
Just Facts

Framingham, MA

#3061 Nov 2, 2012
Stamos for Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
You needed an ID to receive a ballot.I have assisted a few people in Boston receive ballots.
Stamos,you voted for Romney too early.If you had waited you could have changed your decision and voted with the rest of us on election day for the winner,Obama!
I can sense your frustration. Now how do you know if when you casted your vote the machine didn't reward Obama with your vote??
There is a fellow Republican on here who claims that Diabold machines were rewarding Obama instead of Romney with the intended vote meant for Romney.
Now Stamos,you know what problems that Diabold had so why sit there and not intervene to correct your cohort in reference to diabold??
First of all dipshit, the name of the company is Diebold.

Two seperate states reported issues with the machines and they needed to be recalibrated, and you are obviously OK with the machines taking votes away from Romney because you are one of Obama's "useful idiots".

Secondly, those of us that will not be casting a vote for Obama because he is a reckless moron already know Massachusetts will carry him anyway...that isn't the point asswipe.

Voting is a privilege not granted to many people in this world and some of us take it seriously, we don't go to the booth to vote for the person Massachusetts will always put forward, we vote for the person we think will do the right thing.

Even if Massacusetts voters placed more voted for Romney, they would find some way to give Massachusetts to Obama anyway. I can only do what I feel is right, the rest is on someone else, and we each must answer for ourselves.
Just Facts

Framingham, MA

#3062 Nov 2, 2012
Stamos for Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope...you are wrong...no ID needed in Massachusetts to vote.
info would be nice

United States

#3063 Nov 2, 2012
Repubs blocked funding wrote:
<quoted text>
I need to correct you as it was the Republicans who voted to deny funding for extra security for our embassies.
Please show how funding for the State Department budget was blocked by Congress?

What law was passed, or bill was blocked taking away State Department funding?

You do know our embassies are funded through the State Department, right?

You also know we have not passed a Federal Budget in FOUR years,
so it WAS NOT a budget amendment.

On a side note,
you are aware of the Millions of Dollars spent this year on an electric car program for our Embassies in Europe?
Why didn't the Evil Republicans block that?
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#3064 Nov 2, 2012
Just Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope...you are wrong...no ID needed in Massachusetts to vote.
You are right. There is no ID required. When you vote you get checked off the list.

With an absentee ballot you do have to sign the form. The request for such a ballot has to be signed in the request. The ballot is then mailed to your address. You then can either mail the ballot back or have a family member hand deliver it to election headquartes which in Boston is city hall.

Your town and or city is the same respectively. Everyone needs to vote!I am voting for Obama which I encourage all others to do!
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#3065 Nov 2, 2012
info would be nice wrote:
<quoted text>
Please show how funding for the State Department budget was blocked by Congress?
What law was passed, or bill was blocked taking away State Department funding?
You do know our embassies are funded through the State Department, right?
You also know we have not passed a Federal Budget in FOUR years,
so it WAS NOT a budget amendment.
On a side note,
you are aware of the Millions of Dollars spent this year on an electric car program for our Embassies in Europe?
Why didn't the Evil Republicans block that?
"

Rep. Jason Chaffetz admits voting to cut funding for embassy security

www.globalpost.com/.../rep-jason-chaffetz-cut... ...

by Priyanka Boghani - More by Priyanka Boghani

Oct 11, 2012 – Jason Chaffetz said he "absolutely" voted to cut funding for embassy security,... into the Libya attack and security preparedness along with fellow Republican, Rep.... We have more than 6,000 contractors, a private army there, for ... for increased security was denied by Washington, Republican leaders say ...

" I will list other sources in a few minutes.
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#3066 Nov 2, 2012
Rep. Jason Chaffetz, a Utah Republican, said Wednesday he "absolutely" voted for cutting funding for embassy security.

Chaffetz, the chairman of the House Oversight subcommittee on National Security, Homeland Defense and Foreign Operations, accused the White House of lying about details of the Sept. 11 attack on the US consulate in Benghazi, according to The Hill blog.

Chaffetz is leading an investigation into the Libya attack and security preparedness along with fellow Republican, Rep. Darrell Issa.

While speaking to CNN, Chaffetz was asked if he had "voted to cut the funding for embassy security."

"Absolutely," he replied. "Look we have to make priorities and choices in this country. We have…15,000 contractors in Iraq. We have more than 6,000 contractors, a private army there, for President Obama, in Baghdad. And we’re talking about can we get two dozen or so people into Libya to help protect our forces. When you’re in tough economic times, you have to make difficult choices. You have to prioritize things."
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#3067 Nov 2, 2012
Via Steve Benen, I see that Darrell Issa might have a wee problem on his hands when he holds his hearings today about inadequate security at the Benghazi consulate. Dana Milbank reports:

House Republicans cut the administration’s request for embassy security funding by $128 million in fiscal 2011 and $331 million in fiscal 2012....Last year, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton warned that Republicans’ proposed cuts to her department would be “detrimental to America’s national security”— a charge Republicans rejected.

Ryan, Issa and other House Republicans voted for an amendment in 2009 to cut $1.2 billion from State operations, including funds for 300 more diplomatic security positions. Under Ryan’s budget, non-defense discretionary spending, which includes State Department funding, would be slashed nearly 20 percent in 2014, which would translate to more than $400 million in additional cuts to embassy security.
http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2012/10...
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#3068 Nov 2, 2012
The Republicans have done these things during the Obama administrations four years. They are obstructionist,FACT!!!!

You cannot have it both ways!They blocked funding and then they point the other way when somethng happens.

They have done ths with ALL pro-American jobs bills!!!

Romney profitted 10s of mllions a year due to the outsourcing of American jobs!!!! I cannot even believe the gall he has running for president. He has been the problem concerning what ails the American economy!!!!!!!
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#3069 Nov 2, 2012
So, here it finally is!! The Obama administration is the one who requested extra funding for security.As with everything Obama presents and proposes the Republican OBSTRUCTIONIST deny his request.

This is what angers me about the economy. Our nation is suffering a massive ten year recession. Meanwhile the Republicans due absolutely NOTHING but OBSTRUCT the president in his attempts to repair the economy.

They think it is funny. They are all about politics! Boehner and others stated on day one that they are transfixed on removing Obama.

Boehner then constantly appears with his FAKE tan as an exclusive OBSTRUCTIONIST to Obama,PERIOD!

We must all stand up and to vote outall Republican OBSTRUCTIONIST in order to send a clear message to all politicians.

Seriously, take a look at thetax cuts for the wealthy.Google what Boehner and the repubs did before xmas concernng extending unempoyment benefits for Americans!!

It was Obama that comprimised in order to secure these exended benefits hich are funding!
Repblican Obstructionist

Fitchburg, MA

#3070 Nov 2, 2012
"During the 2010 mid-terms the GOP campaigned fiercely on the platform of job creation and, as a result of such promises, the GOP gained the majority in the House of Representatives. As new Speaker of the House, John Boehner made the welcome claim that the primary goal of the Republican Party was to increase employment in the U.S.

His exact words were: "We're going to have a relentless focus on creating jobs."

Those were welcome words, except that a week before the 2010 elections Republican Senator Mitch McConnell revealed the GOP's true intent: "The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president."

The following, therefore, is a list of legislation by the GOP beginning 2-10-2011, a list which I began purely for my own amusement. That it has reached its current imposing length without one anecdotal citation of new employment as a result of Republican legislation is simply shocking. Shame on these useless hypocrites.

There are those who choose to place the blame for the relatively high rate of unemployment on Mr. Obama's shoulders, but keep in mind that it is the House that both enacts legislation and controls the governmental purse-strings, not the President. The American Recovery and Investment Act passed by the Democrats in 2009 no doubt aided the economy but it would have been more effective if the GOP hadn't limited much of it to more than tax breaks for the rich.

Update 6-18-2012: It's officially clear to everyone, even the foreign press, that the GOP will do nothing to help the economy, betting that bad finanacial times will help Mitt Romney in the upcoming presidential elections. In addition, thinkprogress.com offers five ways the GOP has actively sabotaged job growth.

----------
Repblican Obstructionist

Fitchburg, MA

#3071 Nov 2, 2012
Here it all comes. The publicneedsto know the truth!
Non-Job Creation Legislation of 2011

1-7-2011: Proposed to repeal the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010.(Obamacare)

1-18-2011: Proposal to limit mandatory printing of bills by the Government Priting Office for the use of the House or Senate.

1-25-2011: Voted to provide Capitol-flown flags for recipients of Medal of Honor and to extend the authorization of certain Small Business Administration programs... until May 31, 2011.

1-25-2011: Voted to "reduce Federal spending and cut the deficit" by terminating taxpayer financing of presidential campaigns and party conventions.

2-8-2011: Attempted to extend provisions of the USA PATRIOT Improvement and Reauthorization Act of 2005.

2-9-2011: Named a courthouse in Yuma, Arizona and attempted to take back money allocated to the United Nations.

2-15-2011: Considered Defense appropriations.

2-28-2011: Votes to amend rules regarding litigation of Federal employees.

3-2-2011: Voted unanimously to extend Highway Authorization bill. Also voted to repeal reporting requirements for payments more than $600 to corporations.

3-8-2011: Passed bill to enhance roles of dentists in national disasters, and added veterinarians to the Public Health Service Act. Neither bill passed by the Senate.

3-9-2011: Passed bill to rescind the unobligated funding for the FHA Refinance Program and to terminate the program.

3-14-2011: The House agreed to put a statue of Gerald Ford in the State Capitol.

3-15-2011: THe House voted to give itself a two-week holiday from 3-18 to 3-29.

3-16-2011: The House voted to rescind the third round of funding for the Neighborhood Stabilization Program and to terminate the program.

3-17-2011: The House attempted to de-fund Public Radio, and voted down a bill to remove U.S. armed forces from Afghanistan.

3-29-2011: The House voted to alter taxation for the Airport and Airway Trust Fund.

4-1-2011: Approved defunct funding for failed religious schools.

4-6-2011: Attempt to destroy Medicaid.

4-8-2011: Attempt to destroy Planned Parenthood.

4-11-2011: Planning on shutting down the government

4-13-2011: Attempt to destroy the EPA.

4-15-2011: Attempting to eliminate financial counseling.

4-18-2011: Passed a House budget that gives $4 trillion in tax cuts to the rich.

4-20-2011: Spent $500,000 to discriminate against gays.

4-22-2011: Continued toadying for the rich.

4-25-2011: Pretending the deficit is to blame for slow job growth.

4-27-2011: De-funded SETI.(ARGH!!!!!!!)

4-29-2011: Tried to kill Chrysler two years ago... which is now going to pay back all its government loans.
Repblican Obstructionist

Fitchburg, MA

#3072 Nov 2, 2012
5-2-2011: The Judicial Branch of the GOP, the Supreme Court, votes 5-4 to deny consumer class-action suits.

5-4-2011: Redefining rape. Yes, redefining rape.

5-6-2011: Pushing for spending caps tied to GDP.(That's a really, really REALLY bad idea.)

5-9-2011: Claimed credit for dropping oil prices because they passed a bill.

5-11-2011: Refuse to reduce oil subsidies.

5-13-2011: Stood helplessly and watched as Senator John Ensign made Bill Clinton look like a Carmelite nun.

5-16-2011: Attempt to retool Rep. Paul Ryan's Medicare-killing bill.

5-17-2011: Prevented the raising of the federal debt limit. Let the catastrophic job loss begin.

5-18-2011: Watches Rome burn with their Wall Street pals.

5-19-2011: Filibustered bill to repeal oil subsidies.

5-20-2011: Rejected Goodwin Liu for judge simply because Mr. Obama nominated him.

5-23-2011: Abortion. Abortion. Abortion. As in "restrictions".

5-27-2011: Spent five hours debating NPR, five minutes debating Afghanistan.

5-27-2011: GOP releases their jobs plan. Hilarity ensues.

5-30-2011: Continue to hold the debt limit hostage in order to make more money for billionaires.

6-1-2011: Brought to the House floor a bill specifically blaming President Obama's 2012 budget for raising the statutory debt limit by $2.4 trillion dollars, a budget the very same Republican-led Congress earlier passed.

6-6-2011: Pulled from the floor a Democratic resolution to remove soldiers from Libya, because it just might have passed.

6-3-2011: Conceived a plan to replace three federal employees with just one federal employee. Yes, they're now actually reducing jobs.

6-9-2011: Nothing. They did absolutely nothing to create jobs. Not a damn thing.

6-13-2011: Nothing, though they're jabbering a lot about privatizing Social Security. Again. Sigh.

6-15-2011: Attempts to cut billions from needy seniors and hungry children in order to raise the defense budget... again.

6-17-2011: The GOP is censoring Democratic congressional newsletters because they're using the GOP's own words to define the excremental Ryan Budget. Nice.

6-20-2011: The GOP held a convention in New Orleans and hired an Obama look-alike to stand on stage and tell racist jokes. So +1 to the GOP for giving a man a job but -1,000,000 points for the kind of job it was.

6-22-2011: I'm sad to report that the GOP didn't do a dang thing to create jobs today, but I'll give them credit for not using senior citizens for skeet shooting practice.

6-24-2011: Yesterday the Democratic Congress stood up on its back legs and finally barked out what so many of us have been saying for the past six months--- that the Republican Congress is actively trying to stall the economy. There, was that so harrrrrrrd?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
111 Mason rd in jefferson/Holden ma is Aiden Ke... 17 hr Bernie McGuiggin 25
Shareholders meeting Turtleboy Sports 18 hr TurtleboySergeant... 1
Fitchburg motorcycle cops Jun 21 Andrew 41
discussing fitchburg now enabling people who th... Jun 21 Andrew 22
Lynch's Council Campaign Jun 21 Andrew 20
It's Hot!.........How will Lynch keep cool? Jun 20 Lynchburg Lemonade 2
Another Monday Gone. Jun 19 Captain Crunch 23

Fitchburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance