five million to charity

Milford, NH

#2888 Oct 24, 2012
Donald Trump is putting his money where his mouth is,

Today he offered $5 Million to the charity of Obama's choosing,

if he would just follow what the 43 other presidents have already done
AND RELEASE HIS COLLEGE RECORDS.

I think Trump is a cook
but I also don't think the President should have his college transcripts sealed.

Why are they still sealed?
Just Facts

Southborough, MA

#2889 Oct 24, 2012
We all know why they're sealed. What amazes me is that many voters don't care.
They don't care that this man made it into the Presidents chair and hid so much of his past from us...
They don't care that he allowed "classified military information" leak into the mainstream for political purposes...
They don't care that his administration has done brutal damage to our country...

as long as they get their food stamps and free telephones, compliments of the taxpayers that actually pay the bills. Obama has successfully brought about a society where the "people taking from our system" consist of a large enough group to potentially put him back in office...that was his intention the entire time...the evidence is there.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#2891 Oct 24, 2012
Just Facts wrote:
We all know why they're sealed. What amazes me is that many voters don't care.
They don't care that this man made it into the Presidents chair and hid so much of his past from us...
They don't care that he allowed "classified military information" leak into the mainstream for political purposes...
They don't care that his administration has done brutal damage to our country...
as long as they get their food stamps and free telephones, compliments of the taxpayers that actually pay the bills. Obama has successfully brought about a society where the "people taking from our system" consist of a large enough group to potentially put him back in office...that was his intention the entire time...the evidence is there.
Your ignorance is boundless. Romney has not released his transcripts. Reagan didn't release his until after he left office. Obama graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law School, which means he had a B=/A- average. McCain was the at the bottom of his class at West Point, yet does not strike me as a dumb man. Bill Gates and Steve Jobs both dropped out of college. Does that make them idiots? Your are a small minded blowhard.

The phone program began under Reagan. More people are on welfare because of the recession. That number includes lots of republicans, you doofus.
five million to charity

Milford, NH

#2892 Oct 24, 2012
Praxis33 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ignorance is boundless. Romney has not released his transcripts. Reagan didn't release his until after he left office. Obama graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law School, which means he had a B=/A- average. McCain was the at the bottom of his class at West Point, yet does not strike me as a dumb man. Bill Gates and Steve Jobs both dropped out of college. Does that make them idiots? Your are a small minded blowhard.
The phone program began under Reagan. More people are on welfare because of the recession. That number includes lots of republicans, you doofus.
Did Reagan SEAL his high school & college records?
Did Reagan give up his LICENCE TO PRACTICE LAW without reason, or explanation?
Did Reagan have his passport information sealed?

And lastly,
if some kook offered $5million to the charity of his choice,
would Reagan still have kept them hidden?
Devils Advocate

Gaithersburg, MD

#2893 Oct 24, 2012
Just Facts wrote:
...as long as they get their food stamps...
Uh, those are EBT cards!
We don't want anyone to be embarrassed by paying with food stamps!!!

Location hidden

#2894 Oct 24, 2012
five million to charity wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Reagan SEAL his high school & college records?
Did Reagan give up his LICENCE TO PRACTICE LAW without reason, or explanation?
Did Reagan have his passport information sealed?
And lastly,
if some kook offered $5million to the charity of his choice,
would Reagan still have kept them hidden?
None of Obama's records are sealed, you dolt.

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/07/obamas-seale...

Bush didn't release his transcripts, they were leaked to the press.

That you truck with Trump means you are an idiot.

Location hidden

#2896 Oct 24, 2012
The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
Who does praxis truck with. Or should I say scooter with?
Dio, where and when do you want to meet? I've had it with your bullsit.

Location hidden

#2898 Oct 24, 2012
This Saturday is good for me if it's good for you. Just post your street address and I'll get the directions from mapquest. Thanks.
26 Bank Row, Pittsfield, MA.

Location hidden

#2900 Oct 24, 2012
No No. Your street address!
You provide yours as well?

Location hidden

#2902 Oct 24, 2012
As soon as I get to your residence I'll present my driver's licence. This isn't about me remember?
What do poofters like yourself enjoy on a October Saturday morning? I'm buying!
If you think I'd ever invite you to my home, you're crazy. Pick a public place.
NOT spoonfed

Milford, NH

#2904 Oct 25, 2012
Praxis33 wrote:
<quoted text>
None of Obama's records are sealed, you dolt.
http://www.factcheck.org/2012/07/obamas-seale...
Bush didn't release his transcripts, they were leaked to the press.
That you truck with Trump means you are an idiot.
Wow
If a fluff piece like that were written about Romney, or Bush,
I'm sure you would beLIEeve every word as fully as you believe every word on that page?

The saddest thing about the left-right B.S. is how readily people on both sides believe whatever is spoon fed them.

Do some generic research on "Voluntarily Surrendering law licenses" for one,
and you will see how absolutely FALSE the statement;
"She could resume the practice of law any time she chooses" is.

Voluntary Surrender is NOT something that can easily, or simply be undone.
Ask any real lawyer,
and you will see that article start to fall apart like a deck of cards.

Or just believe what you are spoon fed.
Voluntary Surrender

Milford, NH

#2905 Oct 25, 2012
According to 45 CFR 60.3[Title 45 -Public Welfare Subtitle a-Department of Health and Human Services Subchapter a-General Administration -Part 60 -National Practitioner-Data Bank for Adverse Information on Physicians and Other Health Care Practitioners-Subpart a- General Provisions], voluntary surrender of license means "a surrender made after a notification of investigation or a formal official request by a State licensing authority for a health care practitioner, physician, dentist, or entity to surrender a license."
"The definition also includes those instances where a health care practitioner, physician, dentist, or entity voluntarily surrenders a license in exchange for a decision by the licensing authority to cease an investigation or similar proceeding, or in return for not conducting an investigation or proceeding, or in lieu of a disciplinary action."

definitions.uslegal.com/v/voluntary-surrender...
another question

Attleboro, MA

#2906 Oct 25, 2012
Another couple questions would be,
Why would you spend hundreds of thousands of dollars, and a decade plus of your life to become a lawyer at the most prestigious schools in the world,
only to give up that status so easily to avoid a thousand dollar renewal fee?

Why would you abandon a Legal Status as a lawyer that could help anyone in any job?
Even as President & First Lady (Bill & Hillary).

Voluntarily Surrendered, Retired, Inactive,
none of it makes sense to save a thousand dollars, that is tax deductible,.and supports the board you worked your life to apply to.

Location hidden

#2907 Oct 25, 2012
another question wrote:
Another couple questions would be,
Why would you spend hundreds of thousands of dollars, and a decade plus of your life to become a lawyer at the most prestigious schools in the world,
only to give up that status so easily to avoid a thousand dollar renewal fee?
Why would you abandon a Legal Status as a lawyer that could help anyone in any job?
Even as President & First Lady (Bill & Hillary).
Voluntarily Surrendered, Retired, Inactive,
none of it makes sense to save a thousand dollars, that is tax deductible,.and supports the board you worked your life to apply to.
Goodness, the Internet is full of ignorant fools.

According to the Illinois State Bar, Barack Obama voluntarily retired, and Michelle Obama is voluntarily inactive. They did not lose their licenses, and did not surrender their licenses.

https://www.iardc.org/ldetail.asp...

According to that website, the differences between Inactive and Retried are as follows:

"Inactive Lawyers who register as inactive must pay an annual fee of $105.00. Inactive status lawyers may not practice law based upon their Illinois license or hold themselves out as being so authorized. An inactive lawyer may resume active status by submitting written or online notification of the intent to do so, and by paying the balance of the fee active lawyers must pay for the registration year in which active status is resumed. Inactive lawyers are also subject to a $25.00 per month late fee if registering late.(To change your status online, please see below.)

Retired Retired lawyers pay no registration fee, and may not practice law based upon their Illinois license or hold themselves out as being so authorized. A retired lawyer may resume active status by submitting written or online notification of the intent to do so, and by paying full active fees for the registration year in question and for every other year in which the lawyer was registered as retired. "
very interesting

Attleboro, MA

#2911 Oct 25, 2012
Praxis33 wrote:
<quoted text>
Goodness, the Internet is full of ignorant fools.
According to the Illinois State Bar, Barack Obama voluntarily retired, and Michelle Obama is voluntarily inactive. They did not lose their licenses, and did not surrender their licenses.
https://www.iardc.org/ldetail.asp...
According to that website, the differences between Inactive and Retried are as follows:
"Inactive Lawyers who register as inactive must pay an annual fee of $105.00. Inactive status lawyers may not practice law based upon their Illinois license or hold themselves out as being so authorized. An inactive lawyer may resume active status by submitting written or online notification of the intent to do so, and by paying the balance of the fee active lawyers must pay for the registration year in which active status is resumed. Inactive lawyers are also subject to a $25.00 per month late fee if registering late.(To change your status online, please see below.)
Retired Retired lawyers pay no registration fee, and may not practice law based upon their Illinois license or hold themselves out as being so authorized. A retired lawyer may resume active status by submitting written or online notification of the intent to do so, and by paying full active fees for the registration year in question and for every other year in which the lawyer was registered as retired. "
Very interesting and informative!

Since you have been responding rather diligently to this,
and seem to be able to find a steady stream of information on the subject
maybe you can answer one more question.

The info you posted does not mention any requirement for 'continuing education'.
If 'continuing education' was a requirement for the license,
I would expect proof of a completed 'continuing education' course would have to be submitted as well.

Especially since a Continuing Education requirement was one of the reasons people have given for them both to have given up their status as lawyers.

If there is no continuing education requirement,
then the only reason to drop the law license was to save $1000 every 3 years?
While paying $105 a year for it to remain inactive?

Does that REALLY make any sense to anyone?
Mitt da Flip Floppa

Fitchburg, MA

#2912 Oct 25, 2012
The Sentinel endorse Brown the OBSTRUCTIONIST! It is obvious after reading the many pro-Brown articles printed by the Sentinel.

They endorsed Brown who voted against EVERY Pro-American jobs bill that Obama presented. The Sentinel points out Bipartisan votes that Brown voted for as it was OBVIOUS that the obstructionist were not going to OBSTRUCT these bills.

Brown is a flip-flop like Romney. I voted and supported Scott Brown the first time around as Martha Coakley was suspect. Brown has disappointed us all especially herein Fitchburg. As Fitchburg has one of the highest unemployment rates Scott Brown votes against pro-American jobs bills and does not submit a jobs bill himself!!!!!

Not only have these Obstructionist Republicans voted AGAINST pro-American jobs bills presented by Obama but they HAVEN'T presented ANY JOBS BILLS FOR PASSAGE!!!!!!! This is the worst DO NOTHING CONGRESS in the history of the US.

Location hidden

#2913 Oct 25, 2012
very interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
Very interesting and informative!
Since you have been responding rather diligently to this,
and seem to be able to find a steady stream of information on the subject
maybe you can answer one more question.
The info you posted does not mention any requirement for 'continuing education'.
If 'continuing education' was a requirement for the license,
I would expect proof of a completed 'continuing education' course would have to be submitted as well.
Especially since a Continuing Education requirement was one of the reasons people have given for them both to have given up their status as lawyers.
If there is no continuing education requirement,
then the only reason to drop the law license was to save $1000 every 3 years?
While paying $105 a year for it to remain inactive?
Does that REALLY make any sense to anyone?
I don't know whether Illinois has any CLE requirements, but why don't you look it up yourself instead of believing this nonsense sight unseen?
very interesting

Attleboro, MA

#2914 Oct 25, 2012
Since this is a thread on State Senator,
I think it is worth noting as a Massachusetts Resident Elizabeth Warren practiced law in Massachusetts with her New Jersey and Texas Licences, and has NEVER been a member off the Mass Bar Association.

She did this by virtue of a statute that allows OUT OF STATE RESIDENTS to practice Federal law in states where they do not hold a law license.

As a Massachusetts resident, this was very improper.

The New Jersey and Texas Bar Associations WILL NOT be investigating thus though,

she had let her Texas License lapse years ago,
and VOLUNTARILY RESIGNED her New Jersey licence last month on September 11 2012.

Shortly after the above impropriety was made public!
very interesting

Attleboro, MA

#2915 Oct 25, 2012
Praxis33 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know whether Illinois has any CLE requirements, but why don't you look it up yourself instead of believing this nonsense sight unseen?
I was merely hoping to tap in to the vast wealth of information you seem to have, that you use to shoot down posts you disagree with.

Is it just that your cut and paste skills are incapable of actual research?

Or is it that you KNOW there is no Continuing Education requirement for Chicago.

And the only possible reason to suspend her own license is to save $228 a year.

Location hidden

#2916 Oct 25, 2012
very interesting wrote:
Since this is a thread on State Senator,
I think it is worth noting as a Massachusetts Resident Elizabeth Warren practiced law in Massachusetts with her New Jersey and Texas Licences, and has NEVER been a member off the Mass Bar Association.
She did this by virtue of a statute that allows OUT OF STATE RESIDENTS to practice Federal law in states where they do not hold a law license.
As a Massachusetts resident, this was very improper.
The New Jersey and Texas Bar Associations WILL NOT be investigating thus though,
she had let her Texas License lapse years ago,
and VOLUNTARILY RESIGNED her New Jersey licence last month on September 11 2012.
Shortly after the above impropriety was made public!
And, Scott Brown's law license is inactive in MA too! What a scandal!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is the GOBN the modern day NAZI with som member... 44 min Vinnie 104
News Female moose wanders into downtown Fitchburg 13 hr Vinnie 7
Lynchies Big Reveal 15 hr Vinnie 60
News Man who fled into Fitchburg river is arraigned 21 hr Huh 3
News Mass. teacher finds success with flipped model Fri Jtn 1
News Fleeing arrest, he went swimming Thu Jtn 3
News Anne Heaton to perform at FSU Thu Jtn 1
More from around the web

Fitchburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE