Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Just Facts

Framingham, MA

#2692 Oct 9, 2012
So Obama blows off meetings with important allies so he can be interviewed on "The View", and the associated press doesn't even balk at it, but Romney skips a meeting where he must entertain children that won't be voting, and the associated press thinks that is news worthy...really? Really?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/09/ap...

Incredible...
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Pittsfield, MA

#2693 Oct 9, 2012
Just Facts wrote:
So Obama blows off meetings with important allies so he can be interviewed on "The View", and the associated press doesn't even balk at it, but Romney skips a meeting where he must entertain children that won't be voting, and the associated press thinks that is news worthy...really? Really?
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/09/ap...
Incredible...
To think they get paid so well to do so is a true headshaker. I come up with better ideas and suggestions each morning on the throne.
This aint Kansas!
What a nightmare!
Sla

Dracut, MA

#2694 Oct 9, 2012
And Gov Patrick.
Has spent less time in this state, Then any other Gov.
But that's ok with Mary. No brain no pain.
Funny stuff

Leominster, MA

#2695 Oct 9, 2012
There is a third option that you overlook Facts. You don't have to be an employer or employee, you could work for the Government. Good pay and benefits and your sole purpose is not to produce anything but rather make it harder and more expensive for companies and working people to get by.
Sla

Dracut, MA

#2696 Oct 9, 2012
Mary,'
I'm going out for a while. If you come back on before me. Don;t cry Sweetie.
I'll be back later.
Love you ox ox

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#2697 Oct 9, 2012
"Elizabeth Warren law license problem goes to Court"

Michael Fredrickson, the General Counsel of the Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers was initially a prominent defender of Elizabeth Warren's legal work while on the Harvard faculty but has now been presented with new facts and agrees that Warren may now be in a heap of trouble.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2012/10/elizabet...

Surely Martha Coakley will investigate this to the fullest extent. Oh..wait, didn't she lose a campaign against Scott Brown.

Oh Nevermind…. This is Corruptachusetts after all.
Just Facts

Framingham, MA

#2698 Oct 9, 2012
Funny stuff wrote:
There is a third option that you overlook Facts. You don't have to be an employer or employee, you could work for the Government. Good pay and benefits and your sole purpose is not to produce anything but rather make it harder and more expensive for companies and working people to get by.
Hi Funny,

I had thought about the government employee option as well as the government program recipient option, but I decided not to include those options because neither of them contribute to the system. I was addressing the only two options that actually contribute to our system, but good catch.
Just Facts

Framingham, MA

#2699 Oct 9, 2012
Stamos,

Your dead on once again...Coakley will do nothing to sister Liz...two peas in a pod.
Funny stuff

Leominster, MA

#2700 Oct 9, 2012
Many of the Governments financial problems can be blamed on Christopher Columbus. If Chris had discovered America on a Sunday instead of Monday the Government wouldn't have had to shut down for the day and give all Govt. workers another paid holiday. If Walmart or McDonalds would take would steal a page from the Governments handbook they wouldn't be in the financial crisis that they are in now.
Funny stuff

Leominster, MA

#2701 Oct 9, 2012
Teachers are an interesting lot. Always complaining and threatening strikes. In the public sector if you told an employee they would have all of these paid vacaion and sick days during the year not to mention the entire summer off and other great benefits they wouldn't make a squeek.
Florida Retiree

Riverview, FL

#2702 Oct 9, 2012
Just Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Mary,
I was here in Massachusetts when Romney became govenor and worked to fix Massachusetts without taking a paycheck. It matters not to me that he is wealthy, and I would challenge people to find others willing to do the work and take nothing for payment. Massachusetts was in bad economic condition (we can thank the endless years of Democrats in Boston for that), and Romney made some hard decisions (decisions Democrats refuse to make) and balanced our budget. We now still have a surplus and "rainy day" account thanks to Mitt Romney.
AND HE DID IT BY WORKING WITH DEMOCRATS!! CAN YOU JUST IMAGINE THAT!!
JF, you should listen to yourself,
“Romney repaired the economic ills for the Olympics and then came and fixed the economic ills for Massachusetts...both times, NOT TAKING A PAYCHECK. That may not hold much water with you, but it says a lot to me...”

The Olympics is yesterday’s newspaper and any good CEO could have done the same thing, NOT TAKING A PAYCHECK, well, OF COUSE NOT if you are just here as a stepping stone for a run for the Presidency, DO YOU REALLY THINK HE CARES ABOUT THE PEOPLE ????? 47% that SAYS A LOT MORE TO ME…..
Really JF, this man is only after the prestige of the office, he cares little about people of this country, look what the Bush Administration did, the country was on the verge of a DEPRESSION, is that not correct??
The only good that will come out of Romney winning the presidency is that I will have the enormous satisfaction of coming back here and telling you “SEE I TOLD YOU SO BUT YOU WOULD NOT LISTEN” and that will be at the cost of the country probably going into another Depression as before, so we’ll see…..
But, my bet is the American people will get it right and prevent me from having to do that!
Florida Retiree

Riverview, FL

#2703 Oct 9, 2012
Funny stuff wrote:
Teachers are an interesting lot. Always complaining and threatening strikes. In the public sector if you told an employee they would have all of these paid vacaion and sick days during the year not to mention the entire summer off and other great benefits they wouldn't make a squeek.

You are just a dope! It's clear the teachers you had really failed with you!
Florida Retiree

Riverview, FL

#2704 Oct 9, 2012
“Romney repaired the economic ills for the Olympics and then came and fixed the economic ills for Massachusetts...both times, NOT TAKING A PAYCHECK. That may not hold much water with you, but it says a lot to me...”

Well, read what History says:

The governor had a 61 percent job approval rating in public polls after his initial fiscal actions in 2003, although his approval rating subsequently declined,[216] driven in part by his frequent out-of-state travel. Romney's approval rating stood at 34 percent in November 2006, ranking 48th of the 50 U.S. governors.

That's pretty good to your way of thinking, right???
Florida Retiree

Riverview, FL

#2705 Oct 9, 2012
After reading the entire article in the Lowell Sun On-Line, I believe now that it’s important to keep within the party line and my hopes are with Ms. Warren for an astounding win of the Massachusetts Senate seat. Not so much that she is more qualified but it will be a step in keeping our country stronger.
“A Western New England University Polling Institute survey released over the weekend shows 48 percent of likely voters in Massachusetts would prefer that Democrats keep control of the Senate, while only 24 percent prefer Republican control. Twenty-two percent said it makes no difference.
Tim Vercellotti, director of the Western New England University Polling Institute and a political-science professor, said Warren would be wise to continue trying to nationalize the race.”.

Praxis33

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#2706 Oct 9, 2012
Florida Retiree wrote:
The governor had a 61 percent job approval rating in public polls after his initial fiscal actions in 2003, although his approval rating subsequently declined,[216] driven in part by his frequent out-of-state travel. Romney's approval rating stood at 34 percent in November 2006, ranking 48th of the 50 U.S. governors.
FR, you attempts to point his flawed analysis is commendable, but these "low informtion voters" simply do not take voting seriously. Unfortunately, too large a pecentage of voters pay little attention to policies, and their effects, and instead vote out of emotion, base their decisions on personality rather than policy. It's sad, but it's the truth. Warren's policies are better for Massachusetts, but that gets lost in the nonsense about her family law, whether she had a law office here, and how relatable she is. The average voter would rather spend 3.5 hours watching a football game than to take that same amount of time to educate theselves about Obama's and Romney's policies. It's stupid, but it's a fact of life.

Location hidden

#2707 Oct 9, 2012
Florida Retiree wrote:
FR, why do you keep relying on "approval ratings" and not the FACTS? Approval ratings are meaningless. These numbers are a poor indication of anything. Why? Because most voters are likely to elect their own herd member into office and are deeply divided about their needs and their future. Conservative are perfectly happy to re-elect their own, while at the same time wanting to throw out Barney Frank, John Kerry and the like. Those like you who support the latter herd want to get rid of Mitt Romney and Scott Brown. And so it goes, those on the other side become proxies for their herd as a whole. Approval ratings are NOT the facts and should never be used to make bets, but I'd bet you're wrong. Deal in facts FR and stop using approval ratings for your guide into reasoning.
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Pittsfield, MA

#2708 Oct 9, 2012
Praxis33 wrote:
<quoted text>
FR, you attempts to point his flawed analysis is commendable, but these "low informtion voters" simply do not take voting seriously. Unfortunately, too large a pecentage of voters pay little attention to policies, and their effects, and instead vote out of emotion, base their decisions on personality rather than policy. It's sad, but it's the truth. Warren's policies are better for Massachusetts, but that gets lost in the nonsense about her family law, whether she had a law office here, and how relatable she is. The average voter would rather spend 3.5 hours watching a football game than to take that same amount of time to educate theselves about Obama's and Romney's policies. It's stupid, but it's a fact of life.
LOW INFORMATION VOTERS??? I rarely watch any tv but one thing I enjoy each Monday night on fox is Jesse Watters touring the nation asking simple questions from the public and many college graduates. To my reassurement, most of them are clueless and vote democrat.
Frightening!

Location hidden

#2709 Oct 9, 2012
The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
<quoted text>
LOW INFORMATION VOTERS??? I rarely watch any tv but one thing I enjoy each Monday night on fox is Jesse Watters touring the nation asking simple questions from the public and many college graduates. To my reassurement, most of them are clueless and vote democrat.
Frightening!
Their called "Useful Idiots"
Howard Stern Exposes Obama Supporters 2012

Location hidden

#2710 Oct 9, 2012
Excuse me, They're called "Useful Idiots"
jay silverheels

Brookline, NH

#2711 Oct 9, 2012
i have seen a lot of political debates, but i
cannot recall a bigger ass whooping than romney
put to obama last week. romney may not win this
election, but he did expose obama for what he is,
a product of media steroids, totally clueless on
how goverment works, totally lost without
a teleprompter and fawning crowds and more excuses
than a 10 year old with a bad report card.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Concerned Fitchburg residents get tour of propo... 4 hr GOBN 13
Just Another Monday Dec 7 Lynch for Cow Dung 2
News Fitchburg fire chief and firefighters honored T... Dec 7 Medal of Truth 7
Help Feed Our Community (HFOC) Dec 6 Tami 1
Fitchburgs corruption being exposed (Feb '16) Dec 6 Fat Stevie 85
Uncle Remus Dec 6 Irvine 1
News Fitchburg man and Worcester woman pronounced de... (Jul '10) Dec 5 Mom to Tom 27

Fitchburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fitchburg Mortgages