Visitor

United States

#2539 Oct 6, 2012
Thers still something off about the unemployment numbers, the poverty level, and the number of Americans receiving Govt assistance Half of America gets some sort of Govt assitance and 47% of the 49% don't pay taxes which means 2% of them do pay taxes Can't make much if they work and still need to depend on the Govt to help them survive Of the other 51% how many are illegals who either work under the table or collect Govt assistance Since they are not American citizens the illegals can't be included in the 49% of Americans who collect I have to agree with the pungents the numbers don't make sense and were are being mislead once again
Sla

Dracut, MA

#2540 Oct 6, 2012
So Obama loses the debate.
The news said it was expected that the unimployed would rise from 8.1 to 8.2.
But it drops to 7.8.
So are we to beleive that in this economy.
where eveyone is hurting so bad.
That 819 thousand jobs were created .
The bigestjump in 30 years.
I'd say the fix is in.
And if you think it's not. I have a 55 T bird no milage on it. In mint condation. for only ONE Dollar.
Just Facts

Fitchburg, MA

#2541 Oct 6, 2012
The REAL Unemployment Rate:
Sept. 2012 civilian labor force 155.063 million
Sept. 2012 – people who want a job but not looking 6.727 million
Adjusted labor force 161.79 million

Employed in Sept (household survey) 142.974 million
Employed as % of adjusted labor force:(142.974 / 161.79)= 88.37%
Unemployed as % of adjusted labor force (100.00 – 89.27)= 11.63%
jay silverheels

Pepperell, MA

#2542 Oct 6, 2012
Just Facts wrote:
my understanding is that once your unemployment runs out,
you are no longer counted in the numbers, is this true ??
Sla

Dracut, MA

#2543 Oct 6, 2012
Must of counted as jobs.
Shoe shine boys,
people who collect cans,
people who panhandel.
drug dealers.
people who break into homes.
bank robbers.
hookers,
people who steal copper.
paper delivery boys.
girl scout girls selling cookies.
Even Jack Welsh former ceo for general elctrick who's company never paid taxes. Said looks like the books were cooked.
biggest job increase in 30 years.

Sounds like an idea from atty generalHolder.

Oh good old Chicago politics.
Sla

Dracut, MA

#2544 Oct 6, 2012
Just Facts wrote:
Glad to see I;m not the only one who gets up early.
Jeez

Fitchburg, MA

#2545 Oct 6, 2012
Mary is a slow adult. If you're not spoon feeding her the information she can't come to logical conclusions unassisted. I hope she's got her tubes tied so that she doesn't breed her genetic disorders to others. The last thing we need is more idiots on the government teat because they're too stupid to perform even the most menial of tasks.
Sla

Dracut, MA

#2546 Oct 6, 2012
jay silverheels wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is true.
Observer

Fitchburg, MA

#2547 Oct 6, 2012
Sla wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is true.
Obama is desperate. The excuses the left is making for his dismal performance are laughable. He was tired, the altitude, Romney cheated with a handkerchief and the list goes on.

Desperation thine name is Democrats.
Funny stuff

Leominster, MA

#2548 Oct 6, 2012
This happens every year. Retailers and restaurants hire temporary help for the holiday rush and once Christmas is over and the workers are no longer needed the companies let them go to avoid having to pay them benefits. From truck drivers to cashiers at Toys R Us it's just seasonal work.
Funny stuff

Leominster, MA

#2549 Oct 6, 2012
The holiday season is a big cash cow. How many people are giving out candy for Halloween? How many people will have turkey for Thanksgiving? Christmas is the best. Who is sending Christmas cards, buying presents, putting up lights that spike the electric bill etc. Of these people how many will use credit cards and pay the banks an additional 19% a month on their purchases? It's interesting how gas prices mysteriously go up this time of year raising prices on everything. Don't forget to go buy your Christmas tree thats been trucked in from Canada.
Sla

Dracut, MA

#2550 Oct 6, 2012
Fathom this hyprocrisy of a Goverment that requires
every citizen to prove they are insured...But not every one must prove they are a citizen.

And now any of those who refuse or are unabale to provide they are citizens. Will recieve free insurance.

Paid for by those who are buying insurance.
Because they are citizens.
Dio

Pittsfield, MA

#2551 Oct 6, 2012
jay silverheels wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true. You are considered no longer part of the workforce and the unemployment rate actually drops.
Sla

Dracut, MA

#2552 Oct 6, 2012
Funny stuff wrote:
The holiday season is a big cash cow. How many people are giving out candy for Halloween? How many people will have turkey for Thanksgiving? Christmas is the best. Who is sending Christmas cards, buying presents, putting up lights that spike the electric bill etc. Of these people how many will use credit cards and pay the banks an additional 19% a month on their purchases? It's interesting how gas prices mysteriously go up this time of year raising prices on everything. Don't forget to go buy your Christmas tree thats been trucked in from Canada.
And how many of those Christmas gifts will be from China.
Funny stuff

Leominster, MA

#2553 Oct 6, 2012
Just saying you cant thank any sitting President for the spike in employment this time of year. It's all the handy work of that jolly old fellow from the North pole. With a little help from advertisers, electronic and toy companies.

Two months ago you could go to the mall and the only thing you had to worry about was being hit by a rogue tumbleweed blowing through the parking lot. A month from now you will be lucky to find a parking spot.
Florida Retiree

Tampa, FL

#2554 Oct 6, 2012
Just Facts wrote:
The numbers and the method to calculate them are mind boggling and I question what they really mean.

We keep hearing that the president lost the debate, well he did. The country is still in very bad shape, there are no real good jobs as they have been outsourced overseas, so how can you have America “back to work” as we once knew it. The Middle East is a hot bed ready to explode and we have all these other little countries struggling to survive. However, with all the negatives going on around the U.S. and the World we see our current leader forging forward, keeping a steady pace according to the pre-plan(s) laid out and keeping and maintaining major disruptions at bay while trying to work the issues and reach compromise on the betterment for life in the U.S. within our own government and leaders from each of our 50 States.
The blame to put our country’s troubles on the past Administration is over, we all know where they came from so let’s leave it there. It’s time to continue to correct them which is being done as we speak.
We have a very sick America and we have someone in charge of healing it at present and we all know that the ills the country cannot be healed by “take 2 aspirins and call me in the morning”. The current leadership is making headway, not at the pace we’d all like, but it’s headway, so why would we want to stop the progress that’s being made and turn the country’s ills over to someone who does not have any plans to remedy and/or cure them? We cannot elect someone who says I have a plan, just elect me then I’ll show you what it is! I’ll tell you what it is, it’s a rehash of what we saw with the last Administration running the show. So it comes down to; if you want to go back to the way it was Vote in the debate winner or if you want to move ahead stick with our current leadership and take the debates at just what they are just debates without real action results.

So with ALL this, what are the numbers telling us??
Florida Retiree

Tampa, FL

#2555 Oct 6, 2012
Mary, I know the last post is almost ah half a page, but as they used to say; "Try it, you'll like it".
Vet 72

Stratham, NH

#2556 Oct 6, 2012
typo-war against Iran...LOL
Everett Resident

Everett, MA

#2557 Oct 6, 2012
FLORIDA RETIREE: I have to strongly disagree with your thoughts on the current president's leadership (this is America and I do have a right to pleasantly disagree, right ?)....

As I watched the debate, I couldn't believe BHO just standing there, and at times, actually nodding in agreement with what Romney was saying !!! Wow ... His body language just showed he is not a leader, he is not strong - How dare BHO apologize for actions of our great country to another country (look it up, he did this)...Look at the deficit - in the trillions (with a Capital T)and growing every week !!!!.... Our defenseless ambassador in Lybia - brutally murdered - along with three other people. Did he not learn anything from 9/11/01 !!!! This happened on the 11th anniversary of the attack on the USA ... He is cutting the defense budget ... I am so proud of each and every man and woman in our military (remember it's all volunteer now)...He's out golfing (or wherever and not attending our national security meetings....

And don't get me started on his wifey ... Gosh she is enjoying her vacations and luxury travels -- all on OUR dime .... She and He sent their daughter, Malia, to Mexico on her 13th b/day - with 13 of her best friends !!! Any idea how much that cost us taxpayers -- luxury accommodations, the best of everything, secret service personnel to protect them everywhere....This is no example to be setting to our citizens who are struggling to put food on the table, pay the rent, medical bills, etc ... and so many on unemployment....Food stamp use has ??? doubled during this administration....

For two years he blamed Bush for this and that and for the last two years, he's been out campaigning (or traveling, on being on The View (he does LOVE that TV exposure)....

He listened to Rev. Wright for 20 years ... yes 20 years .... spew hate towards whites, hate towards our beloved United States .... Why ?? If he didn't agree with this Reverend, then find another Christian church to belong to. He must have agreed with the Reverend, right ???

Go see the documentary: The Year 2016 .... All facts, nothing hyped up....It is truly frightening what this man believes in and wants for us....

One can only imagine what he will do if elected for the next four years ....He then becomes a lame duck president and could care less what anyone thinks - he can't run again so what does it matter...He will just use Executive Order and do as he pleases....

I don't need Obama care for my health issues either. If it is so great, why isn't Congress included in this plan - they are exempt you know...They don't want it - they KNOW what is in it.... I'm doing just fine with my own insurance - I like to choose who is my physician and my hospital for my care.

Furthermore, I don't need Mochelle telling my children what to eat thank you very much !!! This family does fine on its own....
Mary Devlin

Tewksbury, MA

#2558 Oct 6, 2012
Sla wrote:
<quoted text>
Look I'M NOT RETIREE.
I AM NOT POLITE.
SO SCREW YOU.
I had no wish to offend.

You do realize you're the one who said you didn't care how much it cost you to find the guy who was taunting you about your daughter's down syndrome and making remarks about Retiree's "dead wife".

Now you find out it was your "friend" John, and you want to give him a pass? Why? Because he had an accident and has used it to his advantage ever since?

In addition, he has been lashing out at anyone who dares disagree with him, with a number of different socks in different locations, such as "Fitchburg". Do you really think he's in the corner in fetal position, or do you recognize his new posts?

Now I do wish to offend.
You're as crazy as a bedbug.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
anybody know the former brenda gould remarried now 36 min Sarah 2
This time I really mean it. Really. 2 hr The Insider 24
FPD brass responsible.for Million dollar cost t... 5 hr Jeff 8
Lynch request for court case to be brought forw... (Jul '13) 22 hr Kevin Lynch 88
A new Hope Thu OMG 5
5 finalist for Chief of Fitchburg ,Ma. Thu Kevin Lynch 37
davd gould Thu BillyBob 7

Fitchburg News Video

Fitchburg Dating
Find my Match

Fitchburg Jobs

Fitchburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fitchburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fitchburg

Personal Finance