Twin City voters head to the polls

Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

Mayoral candidate Lisa Wong said she is ready and excited for Election Day. Wong said her campaign spent the weekend canvassing the city and reaching out to voters.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Confused

Braintree, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

Did the newspaper endorse a mayoral candidate? I couldn't find it anywhere...
John Doe

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

Good luck Lisa Wong, Great job with your campaign!!! And there is no dought in my mind you will be the next Mayor of Fitchburg. GOOD LUCK TONIGHT!!! We all hope you win. Now all we need is more leaders like you running for city council.
Hawk

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

I do not think it did. Probably noticed the very strong interest and decided to stay clear. Once upon a time you could gauge the leanings of the paper by this. I'm just as glad if it doesn't in the future, press is supposed to be unbiased.
Concerned citizen

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

John I agree with you Lisa ran a GREAT campaign!! I can't see Mr,Donnelly being our next Mayor, He will do what is best for his friends and fellow city councilmen then what is right for the city. It's people like Mr,Donnelly that got us in to this mess, and for the city councilmen you are here to help the Mayor to help this city. I belive we need all new councilmen.
Thanks
Native

New Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

The paper endorsed Wong the day before it published that kick below the belt article about Donnelly's apartments. They didn't do her any favors with it and may have fired up some voters enough to give Donnelly a sympathy vote.
Hawk

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

You know what Native, violations are violations, period. You can call it a hit piece if you want but, facts were shown! If you cannot manage the number of units you own and keep them from getting violations, well, you're not managing your overall Assets now are you?

As for the endorsement, got a link to that?
Concerned citizen

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

Hawk wrote:
You know what Native, violations are violations, period. You can call it a hit piece if you want but, facts were shown! If you cannot manage the number of units you own and keep them from getting violations, well, you're not managing your overall Assets now are you?
As for the endorsement, got a link to that?
Hawk I couldn't agree with you more

“Baise toi.”

Since: Nov 07

Milford, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

Yeah, Native. Facts were shown! Facts were shown!

FACT: Donnelly seems to be unwilling to clean the mold and mildew from his tenants' bathtubs.

FACT: Donnelly (or his surrogates)sneak in at night and steal the bolts from the toilets.

FACT: Donnelly forces his tenants to raise his chickens in their kitchen cabinets.
Concerned citizen

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

Bileman wrote:
FACT: Donnelly seems to be unwilling to clean the mold and mildew from his tenants' bathtubs.
FACT: Donnelly (or his surrogates)sneak in at night and steal the bolts from the toilets.
FACT: Donnelly forces his tenants to raise his chickens in their kitchen cabinets.
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ??????????
Red Baron

Damariscotta, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

Bileman wrote:

What the &$*^ are you talking about?

In anycase, may change reign supreme in Fitchburg tonight, and allow a new day, where government is more accountable, and less about the "ol'boy" network, and how things used to be done, that have broken a once great city!

IT'S WONGTIME!!!!!!!

“Baise toi.”

Milford, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

I'm talking about the facts that were shown! They were each set forth in the article that Native maligned in his post. Go back and read it! It's right here! Hooray!

http://www.sentinelandenterprise.com/local/ci...

May a new day of accountability and boys reign over change!
Red Baron

Damariscotta, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

Finally the days of Lame Duck Danny Mylott are over!!!!

FINALLY....The old boy network got LANDSLIDED...So, So, So, Sorry...Mr. Donnelly!!!!

Accountability is coming your way Fitchburg! A new day when finally business can come back to this great city. City Government is no longer a old boys network. City Hall goes back to the people. City Council Beware........you are next. Toe the line...or you will go like your friend Donnelly!

It's WONGTIME!!!!!!!!!!
Native

New Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

Facts are facts and Donnelly's properties were fair game because he used his real estate business as a political platform but it was unnecessary to throw salt in an open wound. I have been a Wong fan from the start but kicking someone in the balls when they are on their knees is a cowardly act. Donnelly dug his own grave and was going down anyway and probably deserved a backhander but that article was one last premeditated calculated swipe. It took time to research that information and waiting until the day before the election and the day after an endorsement to put it in print was unnecessary and lame. They legitimized his campaign accusations and gave him and his supporters and excuse for the loss.
Concerned citizen

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2007

Native wrote:
Facts are facts and Donnelly's properties were fair game because he used his real estate business as a political platform but it was unnecessary to throw salt in an open wound. I have been a Wong fan from the start but kicking someone in the balls when they are on their knees is a cowardly act. Donnelly dug his own grave and was going down anyway and probably deserved a backhander but that article was one last premeditated calculated swipe. It took time to research that information and waiting until the day before the election and the day after an endorsement to put it in print was unnecessary and lame. They legitimized his campaign accusations and gave him and his supporters and excuse for the loss.
I don't agree with your statement at all!!! He is a slumlandlord do you want to live in one of his appartment buildings? I didn't think so.. Congrat LISA...
joe

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2007

Bileman wrote:
you telling me that Tom should clean the filth from a tenant's bathtub? whatever happened to clean as you go? Now i wonder if i should call the board of health to make my landlord come clean my tub after i take a shower?
Native

New Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2007

Concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>I don't agree with your statement at all!!! He is a slumlandlord do you want to live in one of his appartment buildings? I didn't think so.. Congrat LISA...
You obviously have no experience with being a landlord or having a "tenant from hell". It's clear your definition of a slumlord is anyone who rents out property. Some "hit and run tenants" create code violations then call the board of health just to avoid being evicted or paying months and months of back rent. They stiff the landlord until they have enough cash to put a deposit on another place. I don't think Donnelly gave his tenant permission to raise chickens in the apartment do you? They went back 23 years with that article and there's not an apartment in the city without a code violation.

“Baise toi.”

Milford, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2007

Joe, are you saying Donnelly's tenants should have to cook their meth in a dirty tub? Here's are some suggestions that might just keep Tom out of court next time:

Dirty tubs - this one's a no-brainer. All Tom needs to do about this is to show up on Saturday with a bottle of Tilex(tm) and a sponge. A few minutes and a little elbow-grease are all it takes. Come on.

Chickens in the cabinets - it's really not fair to the tenants, or to the chickens. How does Tom know his livestock is receiving proper care if he entrusts it to others? The words "lonely chicken" spring to mind. Tom should stop taking advantage of his tenants' good-will, buy a farm and provide a safe and comfortable environment for his chickens. I mean, it's not like they asked to be hatched!

Loose toilets - each time one of his tenants gets fed-up with Tom's shenanigans and leaves, Tom should pay a visit to that apartment's pissoir and grasp the toilet firmly with both hands, shaking it to make sure that the bolts that secure it to the floor haven't dissolved or otherwise evaporated. I mean, it's common sense, right? I don't know about you guys, but it's part of the Saturday cleaning routine at my house. Can't tell you how many times my toilet bolts have gone missing.
Red Baron

Damariscotta, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2007

Bileman.....what the &$#@ are you talking about?

First and foremost, as a former resident of Fitchburg, I could care less for a bunch of idiots cooking meth in a dirty tub. I go to bed every night wishing any idiot who is DUMB enough to do Meth to do it in a dirty tub!

Secondly, if Tom Donnelly cannot figure out the difference from one of his residential apartments and a chicken coop then he didn't stand a chance being mayor. But the people have spoken loud and clear on that issue, and his political capital in the City of Fitchburg equals nothing more than chicken feed.

Thirdly, It wouldn't surprise me, or for that matter anyone in the City of Fitchburg, that Donnelly would take bolts out. After all, he ran Fitchburg by cutting corners (along the with his fellow council cronies...).

However, yet again one still has to ask what kind of axe you are grinding. If you are a former resident (like me), who got sick of watching Fitchburg turned into a slum ridden heap, with politicians who did nothing more than cover it up, and act like things were being done, and act like Mussolini touting that the "trains were running on time...life is good here" then tell it like it is. Telling it any other way comes across to having mental health issues.

After all, Fitchburg has a new mayor, and can really look forward to being proud about it's city in the future, not just trying to sell a lousy pair of pants...like the current mayor!
Red Balloon

Milford, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2007

One more thing, Bileman... I'm gay! Forgot to mention that.
Native

New Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2007

Bileman wrote:
Joe, are you saying Donnelly's tenants should have to cook their meth in a dirty tub? Here's are some suggestions that might just keep Tom out of court next time:
Dirty tubs - this one's a no-brainer. All Tom needs to do about this is to show up on Saturday with a bottle of Tilex(tm) and a sponge. A few minutes and a little elbow-grease are all it takes. Come on.
Chickens in the cabinets - it's really not fair to the tenants, or to the chickens. How does Tom know his livestock is receiving proper care if he entrusts it to others? The words "lonely chicken" spring to mind. Tom should stop taking advantage of his tenants' good-will, buy a farm and provide a safe and comfortable environment for his chickens. I mean, it's not like they asked to be hatched!
Loose toilets - each time one of his tenants gets fed-up with Tom's shenanigans and leaves, Tom should pay a visit to that apartment's pissoir and grasp the toilet firmly with both hands, shaking it to make sure that the bolts that secure it to the floor haven't dissolved or otherwise evaporated. I mean, it's common sense, right? I don't know about you guys, but it's part of the Saturday cleaning routine at my house. Can't tell you how many times my toilet bolts have gone missing.
Bileman,
You gave me a great idea! I'm thinking of calling Donnelly and rented one of his three bedroom apartments. I could raise fowls in one room and set up a grow room in another. The hallogen lights can serve two purposes. Grow that sea of green and incubate chicken eggs all at the same time. With any luck I could raise enough cash to become a slum lord myself.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Fitchburg Forum right now

Search the Fitchburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
boycotting new market basket prices 17 hr Jtn 15
Manager: 'It could be empty tomorrow' 18 hr Jtn 2
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Tue John 4,692
Fitchburg officer charged with drunken driving ... (Nov '10) Mon Pajama People 50
Fitchburg mural honors environmentalist Marion ... Sun Pajama People 6
FSU calling for community input on Landry Jul 20 joan 6
Dogs from closed Fitchburg shelter are alive an... Jul 19 Pajama People 3
•••
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••
•••

Fitchburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••