Immigration laws tear families apart

May 25, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Worcester Telegram & Gazette

Miguel Leal of Fitchburg and six others had the full attention of President Barack Obama and Vice President Joseph Biden in the Oval Office on Tuesday.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of438
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Civil Servant Supporter

Winchendon, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
May 29, 2013
 
Looky looky wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the fake army man.
See you around, champ.
Stamos! Is this you?
Just Facts

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
May 30, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Civil Servant Supporter wrote:
<quoted text> Hey, 10%er, Jesus was a liberal: http://www.russellmoore.com/2011/06/17/immigr...
Hey Civil,

You really won't do yourself well by claiming that our God fits any mold for your screwed up sense of justice. The warped sense of justice you believe takes "free will" out of the equation, and I would expect God wouldn't be too happy that you would do that.

Each of us must answer for ourselves and not have assholes like you making demands on our riches no matter what you think is right. Jesus NEVER forced anyone to do what they didn't feel in their heart to do because he allows us to all make those decisions for ourselves.

As far as people that are here illegally, they are here illegally....period. If you make excuses every time someone breaks a law, then the law is meaningless. If you disagree with a law, then you work toward getting the law repealed or otherwise gone, you don't make excuses for people breaking the law.

I know you liberal Democrats think laws don't apply as long as your sense of justice is fullfilled, but without laws, the result is anarchy.
Just another

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
May 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

"I know you liberal Democrats think laws don't apply as long as your sense of justice is fullfilled, but without laws, the result is anarchy.

Interesting, you spend most of your time claiming Laws (regulations) can't solve any problems, just think Guns!
Just another

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
May 30, 2013
 
Something about throwing the money changers out!

"Jesus NEVER forced anyone to do what they didn't feel in their heart to do because he allows us to all make those decisions for ourselves."
Yeah man

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
May 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Laws are important. For instance the important ones like don't cut a tag of a matress or it is illegal in Mass to drive a car if you have a gorilla in the back seat. People should show a little more respect to the law that you can't snore if your bedroom window is open.
Civil Servant Supporter

Winchendon, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
May 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Just Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Civil,
You really won't do yourself well by claiming that our God fits any mold for your screwed up sense of justice. The warped sense of justice you believe takes "free will" out of the equation, and I would expect God wouldn't be too happy that you would do that.
Each of us must answer for ourselves and not have assholes like you making demands on our riches no matter what you think is right. Jesus NEVER forced anyone to do what they didn't feel in their heart to do because he allows us to all make those decisions for ourselves.
As far as people that are here illegally, they are here illegally....period. If you make excuses every time someone breaks a law, then the law is meaningless. If you disagree with a law, then you work toward getting the law repealed or otherwise gone, you don't make excuses for people breaking the law.
I know you liberal Democrats think laws don't apply as long as your sense of justice is fullfilled, but without laws, the result is anarchy.
Yes, God is just shaking his head now in disbelief at what I think and say.

Each of us must answer for much more than ourselves.

I was going to ask you what your church teaches and guides on the matter of immigration, but you'll just pull a Stamos and say your religious persuasions are irrelevant to the issue. Bullshit.

If you are religious, with all your riches you like to mention 10%er, I hope you tithe. Lucky church with rich people like you going to it. 10% of the earnings of someone who earns in the top 10% would make a jingle in the collection basket.

But most likely you lost your moral compass in your pursuit of your worldly riches. So you don't have religious persuasions, or they're really self-serving. Too bad.

http://www.ucc.org/justice/immigration/

http://www.usccb.org/issues-and-action/human-...

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
May 31, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Civil Servant Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, God is just shaking his head now in disbelief at what I think and say.
Each of us must answer for much more than ourselves.
I was going to ask you what your church teaches and guides on the matter of immigration, but you'll just pull a Stamos and say your religious persuasions are irrelevant to the issue. Bullshit.
If you are religious, with all your riches you like to mention 10%er, I hope you tithe. Lucky church with rich people like you going to it. 10% of the earnings of someone who earns in the top 10% would make a jingle in the collection basket.
But most likely you lost your moral compass in your pursuit of your worldly riches. So you don't have religious persuasions, or they're really self-serving. Too bad.
http://www.ucc.org/justice/immigration/
http://www.usccb.org/issues-and-action/human-...
I was taught that we are to obey the laws of God as well as those of man. "Be subject for the Lord’s sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good. For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people. Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God" (1 Peter 2:13–16).

Ignoring laws, stealing and/or forging documents to work jobs meant for legal citizens is not going to endear these people to those Americans who are out of work, or to those Americans who try to live a life providing for their families. When we have less to give to our families so that illegals can have more, something is totally wrong with this picture. Why, when this country sends aid, illegals send billions yearly in remittances, why then are these countries sitll so backward, forcing these people to come here? It's past time to lock the doors and send them home. The inn is tapped out.
Robert Laity

Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
May 31, 2013
 
So does Gay marriage.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
May 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Community organizing includes feeding the herd.

Illegal immigrant and mother of seven, Marita Nelson, receives $240 in food stamps, medications,$700 in Social Security and housing allowance.

She's been on assistance for 20 years, and wants others to know that help is available.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

The people that we elected to represent us allowed Mexico, et al, to export their poorest, least educated, most disgruntled constituency to the USA. Where they work, collect welfare have free health care, free lawyers, interpreters, basically, whatever they need/want. All at the expense of American taxpayers. This is not governance, this is folly and, de facto, theft.
Just another

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
May 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>I was taught that we are to obey the laws of God as well as those of man. "Be subject for the Lord’s sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good. For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people. Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God" (1 Peter 2:13–16).
Ignoring laws, stealing and/or forging documents to work jobs meant for legal citizens is not going to endear these people to those Americans who are out of work, or to those Americans who try to live a life providing for their families. When we have less to give to our families so that illegals can have more, something is totally wrong with this picture. Why, when this country sends aid, illegals send billions yearly in remittances, why then are these countries sitll so backward, forcing these people to come here? It's past time to lock the doors and send them home. The inn is tapped out.
You're blaming the people who take the jobs, would you turn down a job?

Try blaming rhe people who HIRE them! That means people like Mittens who championed the off-shore work model, not to mention, well I guess I will, hire them to mow his lawn(s).

This IS A COUNTRY OF IMMIGRANTS, why do you want to fundementally change that? Don't you consider that to be a radical thought, to fundementally change the country at that level?
are you joking or stupid

Coffeyville, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
May 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

What tore the family apart was when one of the parents or both of the parents decided to break the law and LEAVE their home country where their family was located. A lot of the parents even leave their own children to break our laws.
The only people tearing families apart are the illegals themselves.
Another example of how liberals do not believe in personal responsibility.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
May 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Just another wrote:
<quoted text>
You're blaming the people who take the jobs, would you turn down a job?
Try blaming rhe people who HIRE them! That means people like Mittens who championed the off-shore work model, not to mention, well I guess I will, hire them to mow his lawn(s).
This IS A COUNTRY OF IMMIGRANTS, why do you want to fundementally change that? Don't you consider that to be a radical thought, to fundementally change the country at that level?
I blame the job thieves, the greedy employers and the corrupt politicians who continue to allow this crap to keep happening...at great expense to Americans, I might add. Further, the term immigrants connotes those who follow the immigration laws of the land, not to be confused with those who sneak in and then expect this country to give them special dispensations. Wake up!
are you joking or stupid

Coffeyville, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
May 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Just another wrote:
<quoted text>
You're blaming the people who take the jobs, would you turn down a job?
Try blaming rhe people who HIRE them! That means people like Mittens who championed the off-shore work model, not to mention, well I guess I will, hire them to mow his lawn(s).
This IS A COUNTRY OF IMMIGRANTS, why do you want to fundementally change that? Don't you consider that to be a radical thought, to fundementally change the country at that level?
THIS IS A COUNTRY OF LEGAL IMMIGRANTS!!!! Why do you want to fundamentally change that????

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
May 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Illegal's aliens are destroying America's health care system. WAKE UP!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
May 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Not only does illegal immigration need to stop but legal immigration needs to stop and be reformed as well.
WAKE UP!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Sam

Oostende, Belgium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
May 31, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

geez wrote:
maybe these 'family' units should just stay home and had their kids instead of sneaking over the border for the free ride. Hard to feel sorry for self-caused angst.
"Home" is America (in this case). Telling people to go "home" and then shipping them to a foreign country they have no familiarity or interest in, simply because their birth took place there is sickening especially the ones that had no choice in coming state-side to begin with.
Just another

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
May 31, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

"job thieves"

So, you've accepted a job, about ready to start, someone stole it from you?

Pahlease, the COMPANY hires them.
lou

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
May 31, 2013
 
Just another wrote:
"job thieves"
So, you've accepted a job, about ready to start, someone stole it from you?
Pahlease, the COMPANY hires them.
Your parents will be deported
Raul

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
May 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

I here Kenya produces good Presidents. Here's an idea, why don't we send all of our manufacturing jobs to China and then borrow money from China to cover our Government spending?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
May 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
"Home" is America (in this case). Telling people to go "home" and then shipping them to a foreign country they have no familiarity or interest in, simply because their birth took place there is sickening especially the ones that had no choice in coming state-side to begin with.
so laws and borders dont matter? live in todays world, not yester year. Many come frommeico and drop kids, why is it our fault for something the parents knew, could have happened, and did happen? The parants caused the problem, they knew the chances and did it anyway

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of438
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Fitchburg Forum right now

Search the Fitchburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Lawsuit filed against state trooper settled - S... (Aug '09) 4 hr Jtn 148
Fitchburg strong 7 hr Bob 3
Antonucci to receive FATV Boulder Award 7 hr Bob 3
Family of Warriors 7 hr Jtn 6
Dual-language classrooms excite Worcester parents 8 hr Jtn 5
Driver's licenses for illegal immigrants 10 hr Pedro 329
Does anyone know why Melanson was fired from FSU (Oct '13) 12 hr BillyBob 61
•••
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••
•••

Fitchburg Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Fitchburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••