Snow, ice make for fine mess in Fitchburg

Jan 8, 2013 Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

More than 130 property owners could receive violation notices and fines for failing to remove snow and ice from their sidewalks after the recent snowstorms due to the enforcement of an ordinance that was revised last summer.

Full Story
right

Fitchburg, MA

#1 Jan 9, 2013
But its ok if the city of fitchburg ignores most roads for days, make excuses of barely any funding to pay plowers but pocket money and get slammed with audits. Its ok to allow waste management to pick up trash and throw around the city given and enforced trash bins, ignore complaints then turn around and fine already desperate and hurt families with fines, now lets further crush small buissness with massive fines because nature dropped two big storms and just two weeks ago these same buissnesses and citizens complain about fitchburgs inability to care or clean up the snow......many looking for jobs....
.why not pay shovelers to help out? Oh right.....pocketing money and throwing innocent people in jail is more important. Cant wait for the audits to find the city council pocketing funds, and they act like they tried to stop robert hill from his illegal activity. Unreal.....
right again

Fitchburg, MA

#2 Jan 9, 2013
Not to mention the pliwers out this on the sidewaljs, nearly hitting pedestrians. Glenn fossa is an unproffesional excuse of a sgt. Just two days ago, a friend of mine was broken in in broad daylight, assaulted, gun to his and his gfs head....cops came made a report and left even after the guy who did it was in plain sight down the street. On later note, the report wasnt put in or somebody "lost it". But of course thats not a pressing issue. Its the revenue, fines, and most officers unwillingness to do anything about anything anymore. Lets shut off the lights and ok unitils price increases without question. Awesome...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fake charges against Lynch were DISMISSED 13 hr BillyBob 93
Criminal justice system's 'dark secret' (Mar '13) 14 hr BillyBob 18
The Roys Capture 4th Consecutive ICM Bluegrass ... 15 hr Citizen X 40
Lynch request for court case to be brought forw... (Jul '13) Wed Hiding 156
This time I really mean it. Really. Wed fitch 49
lynch Distorts the Truth Once Again Dec 23 Lynch Clone 6
Where is Kevin Lynch? Dec 22 Saggitarious 35

Fitchburg News Video

Fitchburg Dating
Find my Match