Police: Gaps in gun records stunt progress of cases

There are 20 comments on the Mar 3, 2014, Sentinel & Enterprise story titled Police: Gaps in gun records stunt progress of cases. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

Police say holes in firearms records make it difficult to track the source of weapons they recover from crime scenes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#23 Mar 7, 2014
really wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, I guess we never put these people behind bars.. our prisons are nearly empty...thanks einstein...my condolences to your mom...
Oh we put them there. The problem is that morons like you let them back out again.

Southeast Virginia

#25 Mar 7, 2014
really wrote:
<quoted text>
yep, they are all out.. prisons are empty.....don't forget to wipe.....
Didn't say they were all let out, did I fuckstain???

And I already wiped and flushed you this morning.....but thanks for asking.
boo ya

Lexington Park, MD

#26 Mar 7, 2014
Banned wrote:
<quoted text>
How many amendments are you aware of that take away one of the rights that our founding fathers saw as unalienable?
One, but it was repealed......
Is there even one

Gardner, MA

#27 Mar 7, 2014
Banned wrote:
<quoted text>
How many amendments are you aware of that take away one of the rights that our founding fathers saw as unalienable?
Every single one of them "limits" an inalienable right idiot.
Is there even one

Gardner, MA

#28 Mar 7, 2014
Banned wrote:
<quoted text>
There are millions of guns in the US right now so there's nothing anyone can do to prevent criminals from having access to guns. I'm more worried about the government trying to take my guns away, leave me defenseless against criminals who will still have access to guns even if I don't.
yes well, that's what Fox news and the NRA told you to be afraid of isn't it? And has any of that fear happened in any way, no it hasn't! Nobody is trying to take your guns away loser, just trying to stop them from getting into the wrong hands is all!!

And because every one of you continue to make excuses for not wanting to do the same, is exactly why I am calling you out. And looky here, just like I said, not one of you can take a reasonable approach to the problem!!!!

You don't care!
Is there even one

Gardner, MA

#29 Mar 7, 2014
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that are NOT killed by guns. They are killed by maniacs who use guns in GUN-FREE ZONES in order to carry out their maniacal plans of taking as many lives with them in an area where they KNOW they will not be met with ANY kind of violent response for a given length of time. In almost all mass shootings, what happens when the good guys WITH GUNS finally show up??? The homicidal maniac offs himself rather hastily. Adam lanza shot himself less than 60 seconds after the first cop arrived at Sandy Hook. Harris and Klebold shot themselves shortly after the police entered Columbine. And the same thing with Cho at VA Tech.
You want to keep these violent maniacs & felons from getting their hands on guns? Put their asses in an institution or behind bars where they belong, and leave them there to ROT instead of turning them loose on society.
Right, because you absolutely will not ever consider any reasonable change that addresses that EASY ACCESS TO GUNS!!!

Just like I keep telling you and you keep ignoring and making excuses for!
Is there even one

Gardner, MA

#30 Mar 7, 2014
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh we put them there. The problem is that morons like you let them back out again.
Excuse
Is there even one

Gardner, MA

#31 Mar 7, 2014
Thug wrote:
<quoted text>How about you look up the most violent countries and gun deaths in countries with severe gun control laws.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countrie...
Notice the U.S. in not even in the top ten.
Excuse
Is there even one

Gardner, MA

#32 Mar 7, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
As much as you have for the much higher number of children killed every day in automobile, drowning, and household accidents every day.
excuse
Is there even one

Gardner, MA

#33 Mar 7, 2014
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that are NOT killed by guns. They are killed by maniacs who use guns in GUN-FREE ZONES in order to carry out their maniacal plans of taking as many lives with them in an area where they KNOW they will not be met with ANY kind of violent response for a given length of time. In almost all mass shootings, what happens when the good guys WITH GUNS finally show up??? The homicidal maniac offs himself rather hastily. Adam lanza shot himself less than 60 seconds after the first cop arrived at Sandy Hook. Harris and Klebold shot themselves shortly after the police entered Columbine. And the same thing with Cho at VA Tech.
You want to keep these violent maniacs & felons from getting their hands on guns? Put their asses in an institution or behind bars where they belong, and leave them there to ROT instead of turning them loose on society.
Excuse

Southeast Virginia

#34 Mar 7, 2014
Is there even one wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, because you absolutely will not ever consider any reasonable change that addresses that EASY ACCESS TO GUNS!!!
What is "reasonable" about infringing on the rights of MILLIONS of law-abiding gun owners in order to TRY to control the handful of criminals (in comparison) WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THE LAW ANYWAY???

Answer: NOTHING!

Southeast Virginia

#35 Mar 7, 2014
Is there even one wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse
truth

Southeast Virginia

#36 Mar 7, 2014
Is there even one wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse
TRUTH that you can't refute.

Southeast Virginia

#37 Mar 7, 2014
Is there even one wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are correct. I will NOT consider ANY further infringement on my right to purchase an effective self-defense weapon, when that infringement will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING with regards to criminals obtaining theirs. Hell, our current Idiot-In-Chief even admitted that NONE of the gun control laws he proposed after the Sandy Hook shooting would have stopped Adam Lanza from carrying out his mass homicide.
GOTP

Gardner, MA

#38 Mar 7, 2014
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are correct. I will NOT consider ANY further infringement on my right to purchase an effective self-defense weapon, when that infringement will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING with regards to criminals obtaining theirs. Hell, our current Idiot-In-Chief even admitted that NONE of the gun control laws he proposed after the Sandy Hook shooting would have stopped Adam Lanza from carrying out his mass homicide.
The one thing that would have, an actual "responsible gun owner"!!!

Does closing loopholes in background checks increase or decrease the chances that a criminal will get his hands on a gun? A very f-en simple question you will NOT ANSWER

a) decrease
b) increase

I'll be waiting for your next diversion and excuse for NOT ANSWERING the question.
GOTP

Gardner, MA

#39 Mar 7, 2014
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
What is "reasonable" about infringing on the rights of MILLIONS of law-abiding gun owners in order to TRY to control the handful of criminals (in comparison) WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THE LAW ANYWAY???
Answer: NOTHING!
Excuse

Southeast Virginia

#40 Mar 7, 2014
GOTP wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse
truth.....now refute it...I triple dog dare you.

Southeast Virginia

#41 Mar 7, 2014
GOTP wrote:
<quoted text>
The one thing that would have, an actual "responsible gun owner"!!!
Does closing loopholes in background checks increase or decrease the chances that a criminal will get his hands on a gun? A very f-en simple question you will NOT ANSWER
a) decrease
b) increase
I'll be waiting for your next diversion and excuse for NOT ANSWERING the question.
Answer:(c) neither....criminals don't follow the law.

1. no such thing as a background check loophole
2. prove to the group where universal background checks have EVER decreased crime where enacted when the criminals already have access to MILLIONS of firearms already on the street.
GOTP

Gardner, MA

#42 Mar 7, 2014
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer:(c) neither....criminals don't follow the law.
1. no such thing as a background check loophole
2. prove to the group where universal background checks have EVER decreased crime where enacted when the criminals already have access to MILLIONS of firearms already on the street.
Open mouth insert foot, just like I said. So now you have 2 that you won't answer

If per your 1. there is no such thing as background check loopholes
Why is there such a thing as "universal background checks" which are NOT law?

"Does closing loopholes in background checks increase or decrease the chances that a criminal will get his hands on a gun? A very f-en simple question you will NOT ANSWER

a) decrease
b) increase

I'll be waiting for your next diversion and excuse for NOT ANSWERING the question"

JUST LIKE I SAID!!!!!!!!!!

You'll be 0 for 2 just like I said after you next diversion tactical response!!!!!
GOTP

Gardner, MA

#43 Mar 7, 2014
3rd question you can't answer

Why is it that your freedom of speech is not absolute (does not allow you to yell fire in a crowded theatre)?

I'm getting a little ashamed that YOU were out there defending something you don't understand!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two charged in Leominster road-rage incident 14 min Huh 1
Poll Does Kevin Lynch have any credibility? 4 hr Citizen X 1
Stand behind what you state 5 hr Citizen X 7
News Wong's husband running in Holyoke 20 hr Jtn 1
News Twin Cities go for the clean sweep 23 hr Warren 3
News Guest Column: No Fergusons in Fitchburg Sun Warren 51
News Fighting racism starts with 'dialogue' Sun BillyBob 13
More from around the web

Fitchburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE