Lunenburg town manager working to upg...

Lunenburg town manager working to upgrade website - Sentinel & Ente...

There are 19 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Jul 8, 2010, titled Lunenburg town manager working to upgrade website - Sentinel & Ente.... In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

It doesn't take long when searching the town's website to hit a dead-end on a page that is "currently under construction." "Improving the town's Web site is one of my goals, and I'm anxious to get this moving forward," Town Manager Kerry Speidel said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

Lunenburg

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1 Jul 8, 2010
Good luck.
Lunenburg too

Waltham, MA

#2 Jul 8, 2010
The man that runs the lunenburg school website is incompetent. The websites are HORRIBLE: not up to date, not user friendly, lots of "dead ends". USELESS. I understand that he is the owner of the town's web sites, too? If so, "good luck" isn't going to cut it. We need a new webmaster.

Lunenburg

Location hidden

#3 Jul 8, 2010
Like I said good luck....

Since: Feb 09

Lunenburg

#4 Jul 8, 2010
eh, let's raise the taxes so we can get a qualified it person......
a little help

AOL

#5 Jul 8, 2010
she was looking for volunteers to help with the effort, reviewing options for developers, hosts, etc-if you think you know something about improving it, let her know

Lunenburg

Location hidden

#6 Jul 8, 2010
Jon from Lunenburg wrote:
eh, let's raise the taxes so we can get a qualified it person......
Yeah that's the ticket...raise taxes..... You are truly a Massachusetts Democrat.

Since: Feb 09

Lunenburg

#7 Jul 9, 2010
Lunenburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah that's the ticket...raise taxes..... You are truly a Massachusetts Democrat.
LOL, i was kidding. the taxes in town are high enough, but we like to keep adding more more more. i am far from a democrat!
Blogenburgian

Leominster, MA

#8 Jul 11, 2010
Why three years in the making and not done? With the salaries these top admins are making one would think that they could coordinate and help develope a hokey little town website. They should know html, etc. Isn't that really an essential skill set for these positions?

Lunenburg

Location hidden

#9 Jul 11, 2010
Blogenburgian wrote:
Why three years in the making and not done? With the salaries these top admins are making one would think that they could coordinate and help develope a hokey little town website. They should know html, etc. Isn't that really an essential skill set for these positions?
I don't think it is the creation it is the maintenance that bites people...
call BS

AOL

#10 Jul 11, 2010
Blogenburgian wrote:
its all easy from your sofa sunshine. Have another cocktail and life will feel better
Blogenburgian

Leominster, MA

#11 Jul 11, 2010
Why not use an existing avenue like Facebook for the teachers and any others just trying to provdside access to students/ parents/ subcommittees. No offense to them but some struggle with the use of any sophistication associated with computers. Anyone trying to provide support to untrained users is going to need a large support staff. Leave Town site for business only.
P.S. All Call can do is call names, why not provide a point of value, your slipping deeper and deeper.
call BS

AOL

#12 Jul 12, 2010
Blogenburgian wrote:
Why not use an existing avenue like Facebook for the teachers and any others just trying to provdside access to students/ parents/ subcommittees. No offense to them but some struggle with the use of any sophistication associated with computers. Anyone trying to provide support to untrained users is going to need a large support staff. Leave Town site for business only.
P.S. All Call can do is call names, why not provide a point of value, your slipping deeper and deeper.
A point of value like taking one item out of context, totally ignore the wode range of issues and projects the town manager and staff have completed and infer they are faiilures? Is that a real point of value? Funny you broadly insult the abilities of the teachers than accuse others of name calling. For someone so negative about others, you sure expect alot of love.
Municipalities including schools are required to archive minutes, agenda's, information given and any public communications diseminated to be in compliance with open meeting and public records laws. Using facebook, etc would not work.
Blogenburgian

Leominster, MA

#13 Jul 15, 2010
call BS wrote:
<quoted text>
A point of value like taking one item out of context, totally ignore the wode range of issues and projects the town manager and staff have completed and infer they are faiilures? Is that a real point of value? Funny you broadly insult the abilities of the teachers than accuse others of name calling. For someone so negative about others, you sure expect alot of love.
Municipalities including schools are required to archive minutes, agenda's, information given and any public communications diseminated to be in compliance with open meeting and public records laws. Using facebook, etc would not work.
Call, come out once in a while from the inner sanctum an talk to people. My comments come from listening to the teachers themselves over the years. They will admit while access to the website and page creation is readily available and some can do a bang-up job others just don't have the capability or time.
That creates a lot of maintenance time and inmcomplete work.

I don't see what all of this has to do with the simple tasks of meeting the open meeting law requirement, unless your ethics are questionable and your trying to intenionally work around the system. Hummmm

Lunenburg

Location hidden

#14 Jul 15, 2010
Blogenburgian wrote:
<quoted text>
Call, come out once in a while from the inner sanctum an talk to people. My comments come from listening to the teachers themselves over the years. They will admit while access to the website and page creation is readily available and some can do a ****-up job others just don't have the capability or time.
That creates a lot of maintenance time and inmcomplete work.
I don't see what all of this has to do with the simple tasks of meeting the open meeting law requirement, unless your ethics are questionable and your trying to intenionally work around the system. Hummmm
Actually you have a point there are free services like facebook and twitter that are easier to maintain than a server and website.
call BS

AOL

#15 Jul 16, 2010
"I don't see what all of this has to do with the simple tasks of meeting the open meeting law requirement, unless your ethics are questionable and your trying to intenionally work around the system. Hummmm "

Blahgo, just because you don't understand the requirements of open meeting and public records laws doesn't mean the town can ignore them.
And not sure how your "logic" can somehow link a concerted effort to be in compliance with those laws to somehow be an effort to circumvent them.
Just another example of your negative spin on all things Lunenburg.
Blogenburgian

Leominster, MA

#16 Jul 17, 2010
call BS wrote:
"I don't see what all of this has to do with the simple tasks of meeting the open meeting law requirement, unless your ethics are questionable and your trying to intenionally work around the system. Hummmm "
Blahgo, just because you don't understand the requirements of open meeting and public records laws doesn't mean the town can ignore them.
And not sure how your "logic" can somehow link a concerted effort to be in compliance with those laws to somehow be an effort to circumvent them.
A twelve year old could comprehend and comply with the open meeting laws. They are very simply, especially if one errs on the side of caution. If the town is taking a concerted effort to be in compliance, then it's time to bring in the States Ethics Commission and do a top down - bottom up scrub of the political structure in this town.
Mandatory Open Meetinng Law training and compliance for all - have them sign they understand, just like in the real world when people receive ethics training.
Blogenburgian

Leominster, MA

#17 Jul 17, 2010
call BS wrote:
Just look at the recent episode in Shirley with their top admin. The Selectwoman who said she broke the whole thing basicaly admitted he recoreded a private conversation with her. Bammm a blantant violation of the open meeting law - Private conversations about town business. Did she get a vote from the board, acknowledging she was going to have a one on one conversation?

It's that simple Call, we'll start with sending you for training and you can educate the others, hopefully in not who to beat the system.
call BS

AOL

#18 Jul 19, 2010
Blogenburgian wrote:
<quoted text>
A twelve year old could comprehend and comply with the open meeting laws. They are very simply, especially if one errs on the side of caution. If the town is taking a concerted effort to be in compliance, then it's time to bring in the States Ethics Commission and do a top down - bottom up scrub of the political structure in this town.
Mandatory Open Meetinng Law training and compliance for all - have them sign they understand, just like in the real world when people receive ethics training.
As usual you veer off in another direction when countered with fact.
I never said the open meeting or public documents laws where hard to comprehend or comply with. I said to be in compliance the municipality is required to record and archive the documents, something that can not be accomplished using open web based sources like facebook, etc. But of course you see seeking compliance as the issue.
As for an ethics scrub, thankfully most of your old pals in the concerned citizens old boys club have been scrubbed, though a few hold on. God knows if people want to be mislead by folks like you, a resurgence could occur and they could be back filling their pockets and taking care of each other at the tax payers expense again.
Blogenburgian

Leominster, MA

#19 Jul 24, 2010
call BS wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual you veer off in another direction when countered with fact.
I never said the open meeting or public documents laws where hard to comprehend or comply with. I said to be in compliance the municipality is required to record and archive the documents, something that can not be accomplished using open web based sources like facebook, etc. But of course you see seeking compliance as the issue.
As for an ethics scrub, thankfully most of your old pals in the concerned citizens old boys club have been scrubbed, though a few hold on. God knows if people want to be mislead by folks like you, a resurgence could occur and they could be back filling their pockets and taking care of each other at the tax payers expense again.
Sure!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KEVIN LYNCH vs. TURTLE BOY 16 hr Jeffrey the passe... 20
Beatles For Sale live in Townsend 17 hr Beatleman 1
We offer all types of loans at 2% (May '13) 21 hr Sophia William 2
Fitchburg motorcycle cops Thu Question 24
Another Monday Has Come And Gone May 24 The Midnight Crapper 25
News Lunenburg woman charged in $161 grocery theft (Oct '16) May 22 Jimminy Crickets 8
News Ex-Realtor charged with allegedly bilking clien... (Jun '09) May 22 Green16 19

Fitchburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fitchburg Mortgages