|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

The rent is too damn high for minimum wage workers in every state
4 hrs ago

In a 40-hour work week, no minimum wage worker is making enough to reasonably afford a two-bedroom unit at fair market rent, reports the National Income Housing Coalition. The rental market is booming, with an increase of one million renter households in 2011 alone; however, the surge in renters has caused prices to inflate, making rent payments, for many workers, out of reach. Above, see how many hours a week a minimum wage worker would have to work in order to use only 30 percent of their income for housing. The numbers are staggering, even impossible. In Hawaii, a minimum wage worker would have to clock in 177 hours weekly. There are only 168 hours in a week.[Source]
Republicans America

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

In Massachusetts a person making minimum wage would have work 120 hrs a week in order to pay rent. Not bad Huh? And Republicans like Sessions are talking about food stamps.

Out of touch yet?

Well at 120 hrs a week the person can sleep for 6 hrs a day; this is what sessions would state.

Meanwhile his caucus is on vacation for atleast 4 full months out of the year! They all have millions in their campaign war chest that wealthy corporations put there, Huh?

not surprised

Westminster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

and this is exactly why people live with parents and friends now, or rush moving in with gf/bf's. we are living ins lavery minimum wage should be at least 12 an hour to live these days. gas prices, car payments, repairs, utilities which are well over $150 a month for phone, electric, gas, water, and heat. this is what happens when you never try to stop corporations from raping a countries people and you lobby with their ceo's for campaign funding. and we also wonder why so many quit looking for work, quit working al together, and with this awful taxing health care system in place its keeping employers from even trying to pay you more, let alone train you. with what money? america is in real danger.....nobody can even do anything on their own anymore it seems. degrees only even you out with the playing field were 10 years ago it was a big boost to ones career and gave you a good advantage above others. so sad...here in mass its almost 3 times as worse then the national issue.
Republicans America

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

So with the rate of inflation. The rate of homelessness and the skyrocketing unemployment the Republicans talk about taking away food stamps.

In a way, you wish Obama allowed America to go directly to massive breadlines and starvation with mass chaos to occur as he took over a failed American economy.

This way maybe the Republicans would actually have to walk past the reality for most Americans!
Steppin in

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

It's out of hand. You have no idea how expensive it is to own rental property today. More stupid regulations and inspections not to mention the higher insurance costs. The Democrats and their big Government are destroying this country. I would sell some if the housing market wasn't so bad.

I looked at buying a cpl. investment properties last month and low and behold after the bank foreclosed the former unqualified owner had cut all the copper plumbing out. Thanks Barney Frank for making getting a mortgage more difficult.

See here's how it works in simple terms. Banks don't want to write you a mortgage if the property has NO running water or heat.
Steppin in

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Now on the other hand if you are Chelsea Clinton you can afford a $10.5 miillion new apartment with six bathrooms... those damn Republicans!
Just Facts

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Steppin,

Lynch has no concept of anything beyond what he can take from the government and other taxpayers. He is an advocate for government control of everything because he feels that government is the way to make the OUTCOME for everyone equal.

The OUTCOME for everyone should NEVER be equal because people are not equal in their skills and abilities and levels of work effort. He lives under a failed notion like a true Marxist.

He has been encouraged by the Marxist President that we have now, so you will continue to see him post this type of stuff.
Wickedguy

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

We cannot have just middle class or just the wealthy class there has to be both for the well being of the economy.

Even the dependent low income class plays a role in the economy but the welfare freeloading class hurts the economy all around.
Steppin in

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

I will never understand. I can tell his blood boils when he see's people who work hard and achieve a lucrative career. If he put as much effort into working as he does complaining he would be alright.

It seems his biggest fear is that they might cut his food stamps. Why not try to add to society instead of drain it and blame it on Republicans?
Wickedguy

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Steppin in wrote:
I will never understand. I can tell his blood boils when he see's people who work hard and achieve a lucrative career. If he put as much effort into working as he does complaining he would be alright.
It seems his biggest fear is that they might cut his food stamps. Why not try to add to society instead of drain it and blame it on Republicans?
You have to remember in his previous residence everyone was the same. So obviously he wants everyone to earn the same and be the same here too.

This is where being institutionalized you adapt to a strict routine program. Once institutionlaized it is very difficult to accept change whether it is the neighborhood they live in or the general politics of the community. It needs to be the same all the time.

There are no low, middle or wealthy class in the institutions so it will be hard for the individual to understand economics outside of the institution.

You can take the individual out of the institution but you cannot take the institution out of the individual.
investment

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Steppin in wrote:
It's out of hand. You have no idea how expensive it is to own rental property today. More stupid regulations and inspections not to mention the higher insurance costs. The Democrats and their big Government are destroying this country. I would sell some if the housing market wasn't so bad.
I looked at buying a cpl. investment properties last month and low and behold after the bank foreclosed the former unqualified owner had cut all the copper plumbing out. Thanks Barney Frank for making getting a mortgage more difficult.
See here's how it works in simple terms. Banks don't want to write you a mortgage if the property has NO running water or heat.
The housing market is a buyers market right now. Housing is the best investment and always has been. There are a lot of slumlords in Fitchburg. All they do is drain the property/blight of money. If they did repairs then they wouldn't be slumlords.

On the other hand I agree that the city charges too much for taxes and water and sewer. Now with the new trash rules it is an added costs to either the home owner or the city depending where the big items are dumped.

The market is a buyers market so of course you do not sell right now if you do not have to. But if you are re-investing in property then it is dollar value for dollar value which is still a good investment.

Fitchburg housing allows slumlords free reign. Then they kick the tennant out only to rent to another drug dealer. These slumlords do not care as long as they get the money. They will let the house disinigrate.
not surprised

Westminster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

investment wrote:
<quoted text>
The housing market is a buyers market right now. Housing is the best investment and always has been. There are a lot of slumlords in Fitchburg. All they do is drain the property/blight of money. If they did repairs then they wouldn't be slumlords.
On the other hand I agree that the city charges too much for taxes and water and sewer. Now with the new trash rules it is an added costs to either the home owner or the city depending where the big items are dumped.
The market is a buyers market so of course you do not sell right now if you do not have to. But if you are re-investing in property then it is dollar value for dollar value which is still a good investment.
Fitchburg housing allows slumlords free reign. Then they kick the tennant out only to rent to another drug dealer. These slumlords do not care as long as they get the money. They will let the house disinigrate.
mostly dumb tenants who got no idea of their writes and were to report failure of housing authorities or boards of health to do anything. the attorney general is the place and if you keep bothering them they DO do something because they cannot hide multiple reports of slum lords and horrible living conditions, trust me i know. hence why the housing authority here in fitchburg is still under a big investigation by the state and anybody tied to it that had power to report, or stop it, and who doesnt or did not, will be in deep trouble. not everyone everywere is corrupt. many tenants just move and never fight back. thats a fact. i had to 4 times in the past 3 years all slum lords breaking laws with or without a lease. long as you know your stuff, you can sue and you can spread the word of these useless pos. idc if fitchburg turns their head, the state won't once they find they been lied to while handing out cash to a town.
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

not surprised wrote:
<quoted text> mostly dumb tenants who got no idea of their writes and were to report failure of housing authorities or boards of health to do anything. the attorney general is the place and if you keep bothering them they DO do something because they cannot hide multiple reports of slum lords and horrible living conditions, trust me i know. hence why the housing authority here in fitchburg is still under a big investigation by the state and anybody tied to it that had power to report, or stop it, and who doesnt or did not, will be in deep trouble. not everyone everywere is corrupt. many tenants just move and never fight back. thats a fact. i had to 4 times in the past 3 years all slum lords breaking laws with or without a lease. long as you know your stuff, you can sue and you can spread the word of these useless pos. idc if fitchburg turns their head, the state won't once they find they been lied to while handing out cash to a town.
I agree that the housing authority, board of health and housing court in Fitchburg have been enabling slum lords to operate within Fitchburg for a few years now.

I suggest that any tennant with unresolved or ignored health issues to notify the state and to let them know that the city ignores the situation always and the housing court enables the slumlords in Fitchburg.

And YES, this is part of the network! Look at city housing records where property has been GIVEN to certain Fitchburg residents who also happen to have been former city employees!!!

There is no control in Fitchburg, the Mayor has absolutely NO CLUE at all concerning the reality in Fitchburg!

I stated that during the first shift the FPD either was parked in lots for hrs or just circling the city in a parade. The Mayor stated "they are not circiling and parking". Well since that statement two yrs ago the FPD has changed its ways for the better as less cruisers are parking in lots and more police are working on 1st shift.

This is the rubber stamp affect. If nothing is ever said then nothing changes. When departments are put on notice then change will occur. The Mayor ignores EVERYTHING until it is ruined or beyond repair.

This is poor management!! Yes, the Mayor began he tenure with proper management of the city but then sat back and worked exclusively on her political banner "4 Million" in the bank! She is an opportunist and has used Fitchburg.

Does it matter that EVERY single business costs within Fitchburg has significantly risen since her arrival? Does it matter if many businesses have closed their doors? Does it matter that our elders disposable incomes have been swallowed up by this Mayors' policies?

I see it in a bigger picture, allow the city to go to ruins, watch all big employers leave Fitchburg, control the housing courts by kicking out tenants. Have their partner the Sentinel print headlines stating "Homeless MOVE ON" out of Fitchburg. Having city councilors to tell Wheel chair groups to keep rolling out of Fitchburg.

As the property values in Fitchburg completely collaspse then the network housed in the new developments will level inner city housing and to make it a true "bedroom community"!

In the mean time the citizens of Fitchburg recieve no services and are disrespected into leaving the city all together. The elderly are then forced into the elder housing as their properties are so devalued and their taxes,water and sewer increases over take their ability to live and remain in their homes.
Rollstone

Buzzards Bay, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Maybe employers are thinking of leaving because they are worried about the safety of their employees living in a community with violent ex-felons who have also assaulted cops and firemen.
Wickedguy

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that the housing authority, board of health and housing court in Fitchburg have been enabling slum lords to operate within Fitchburg for a few years now.
I suggest that any tennant with unresolved or ignored health issues to notify the state and to let them know that the city ignores the situation always and the housing court enables the slumlords in Fitchburg.
And YES, this is part of the network! Look at city housing records where property has been GIVEN to certain Fitchburg residents who also happen to have been former city employees!!!
There is no control in Fitchburg, the Mayor has absolutely NO CLUE at all concerning the reality in Fitchburg!
I stated that during the first shift the FPD either was parked in lots for hrs or just circling the city in a parade. The Mayor stated "they are not circiling and parking". Well since that statement two yrs ago the FPD has changed its ways for the better as less cruisers are parking in lots and more police are working on 1st shift.
This is the rubber stamp affect. If nothing is ever said then nothing changes. When departments are put on notice then change will occur. The Mayor ignores EVERYTHING until it is ruined or beyond repair.
This is poor management!! Yes, the Mayor began he tenure with proper management of the city but then sat back and worked exclusively on her political banner "4 Million" in the bank! She is an opportunist and has used Fitchburg.
Does it matter that EVERY single business costs within Fitchburg has significantly risen since her arrival? Does it matter if many businesses have closed their doors? Does it matter that our elders disposable incomes have been swallowed up by this Mayors' policies?
I see it in a bigger picture, allow the city to go to ruins, watch all big employers leave Fitchburg, control the housing courts by kicking out tenants. Have their partner the Sentinel print headlines stating "Homeless MOVE ON" out of Fitchburg. Having city councilors to tell Wheel chair groups to keep rolling out of Fitchburg.
As the property values in Fitchburg completely collaspse then the network housed in the new developments will level inner city housing and to make it a true "bedroom community"!
In the mean time the citizens of Fitchburg recieve no services and are disrespected into leaving the city all together. The elderly are then forced into the elder housing as their properties are so devalued and their taxes,water and sewer increases over take their ability to live and remain in their homes.
The big businesses are leaving because the locals do not want to work and would rather be on welfare.

What is wrong with having a bedroom community?

If you want the city to grow in a positive fashion then you need to get rid of social services.
Lynch the dope

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Wickedguy wrote:
<quoted text>
The big businesses are leaving because the locals do not want to work and would rather be on welfare.
What is wrong with having a bedroom community?
If you want the city to grow in a positive fashion then you need to get rid of social services.
Exactly. Social services and the professional poor are what's damaging this city. Get rid of the social services organizations and the trash will leave too.
not surprised

Westminster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

actually no they won't leave and no it won't help the community. only people who blame the poor think this way. what it will do is starve them and make them more violent. they will stay because they also DRUG DEAL. meaning they really do not need the services they just do it because they can. also, if we did that it only hurts those who need it. as you can see, massachusetts is killing the work force with corruption. though i am not a lynch supporter, i do see his points here and there. just getting rid of state help will only make them more violent, crime will skyrocket because it can and will, and the courts will be 3 times overwhelmed by the trash that get caught. all it will do is cause issues. this city is corrupt to its core in many different levels. the best thing to do is move if you got a full time job. i got no sympathy for those who work full or even part time and stay here. if you make enough to move then do so. otherwise you choose to deal with the hell of fitchburg. the poor...do not have such a luxery. just throwin that out there :) first you need jobs to make money, then you need reasonable wages to save that money, and then you need to use that money and move. it must be easy to work living at mom or dad's huh? the poor and illegals are not the problem if you had any clue what was going on. its the federal reserve, the corporations raping the masses, and the government going along with it. don;t blame the poor, blame the state for what they allow and continue to change legislation to allow such fraud. the goal of the stae and country is SPEND SPEND SPEND!not save.
Rollstone

Buzzards Bay, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

not surprised wrote:
massachusetts is killing the work force with corruption. though i am not a lynch supporter, i do see his points here and there... i got no sympathy for those who work full or even part time and stay here... it must be easy to work living at mom or dad's huh?(DO TELL)
What's killing the economy, Lynch, is a lot of ex felons like you on the crazy check who don't work, won't work, have no intention of ever working, who have no sympathy for people who do work.
not surprised

Westminster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

lol my point exactly, again you blame the poor. no, your an idiot because you work at a shitty job and if you made enough wouldnt worry about those on hand out checks. im not defending lynch but you are judging everybody on a check. idk if you noticed more then 70 percent of the country is on ssi of some sort and foodstamps. go do some research instead of blastin one topic and responding to lynch, who u know will keep going. if you need amusement visit a porn site dude. let of some stress. btw, i work too. 3 jobs infact. and im still poor. blame that on the state of mass. nobody cares if you haven't realized it by now. its not obamas fault either. both democrats and rebublicans r children and do what they want when they want and suck more from the ssa then anybody in the country on a check , hate to burst ur buble. i got sympathy for peopel working and this isnt lynch. must be nice to live in a world of assumptions STAMOS. ha
Rollstone

Buzzards Bay, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

not surprised wrote:
lol my point exactly, again you blame the poor. no, your an idiot because you work at a shitty job and if you made enough wouldnt worry about those on hand out checks. im not defending lynch but you are judging everybody on a check. idk if you noticed more then 70 percent of the country is on ssi of some sort and foodstamps. go do some research instead of blastin one topic and responding to lynch, who u know will keep going. if you need amusement visit a porn site dude. let of some stress. btw, i work too. 3 jobs infact. and im still poor. blame that on the state of mass. nobody cares if you haven't realized it by now. its not obamas fault either. both democrats and rebublicans r children and do what they want when they want and suck more from the ssa then anybody in the country on a check , hate to burst ur buble. i got sympathy for peopel working and this isnt lynch. must be nice to live in a world of assumptions STAMOS. ha
Nice try, Lynch. No one is blaming retired or disabled people on social security, let alone the poor. It's scammers like you who cause damage.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Fitchburg Forum right now

Search the Fitchburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
boycotting new market basket prices 3 hr tim 13
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) 10 hr John 4,692
Manager: 'It could be empty tomorrow' 22 hr Pajama People 1
Fitchburg officer charged with drunken driving ... (Nov '10) Mon Pajama People 50
Fitchburg mural honors environmentalist Marion ... Sun Pajama People 6
FSU calling for community input on Landry Sun joan 6
Dogs from closed Fitchburg shelter are alive an... Jul 19 Pajama People 3
•••
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••
•••

Fitchburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••