It's time to get dangerous drivers of...

It's time to get dangerous drivers off the road - Sentinel & En...

There are 41 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Mar 22, 2009, titled It's time to get dangerous drivers off the road - Sentinel & En.... In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

I left work at about 7 p.m. on a Thursday night several weeks ago and headed up South Street in Fitchburg.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Rich Loiselle

Leominster, MA

#2 Mar 22, 2009
I could not agree more with this article. When did a driver's license stop being a privilege where you need to show some respect and courtesy to others? When did it become illegal to drive somewhere near the speed limit? If you do, inevitably, there will be the grill of some big gas-guzzling hog up in your rear window, pushing or passing where it's illegal and dangerous. The account in this article is a frightening and sad state of affairs for our community. Just who do these scofflaws think they are?
Frustrated

AOL

#3 Mar 22, 2009
When did the police start having hit and run accident victims come into the station? The crusier could respond with a sander but not to speak to an accident vicitim. Guess the real or perceived police shortage is affecting everyone in Fitchburg.
idiots

Quinebaug, CT

#4 Mar 22, 2009
i feel for you, that is why i drive a huge beat up old pickup. the guy that hit you is more than likely an illegal, or just another brown one with no license, insurance or anything. OR as you said some jerk with multiple OUI's and was drunk and did not want to get caught. remember this is fitchburg, NO ONE will help you, you! and the cops? they will not come unless you are dying and then maybe. sorry but this is wonderful fitchburg ma, you are f u c k e d
idiots

Quinebaug, CT

#5 Mar 22, 2009
Frustrated wrote:
When did the police start having hit and run accident victims come into the station? The crusier could respond with a sander but not to speak to an accident vicitim. Guess the real or perceived police shortage is affecting everyone in Fitchburg.
no shortage, thai is the way it is here, i have been hit several times in this city and the cops WILL NOT respond
idiots

Quinebaug, CT

#6 Mar 22, 2009
getdown wrote:
The hit and run driver was probably an illegal immigrant. Police chief DeMoura and Cadillac Deval invite them here with open arms.
yep they love em! well we are going to have more and more of this, no ,liocense, no insurance, and do not care if they kill you
Just Me

Fitchburg, MA

#7 Mar 22, 2009
Welcome to Fitchburg. Have a nice day!
Dominican Lou

Leominster, MA

#8 Mar 22, 2009
I think we should have a 3 strikes law. If a person is convicted three times of drunk driving their license should be permanently revoked with no chance of ever getting it back.
Resident

Fitchburg, MA

#9 Mar 22, 2009
I am sorry to hear about what happened to you. Sadly there are way too many arrogant drivers out there. My child just got their license and commute on Route 2 to school and I cannot tell you how stressed they are because of ignorant drivers. I wish people knew that the laws have changed for junior operators and that the penalties they face for driving over 55 mph are stiff. People drive like A**holes and have no regard for people on the road, not realizing they could easily kill a person by acting like an a$$. In your case you could have been seriously hurt but the fool who hit you could care less about human life obviously.
I have driven with my child while she is being tailgated, honked at, flipped off all because she is driving 55 mph, sadly it will never change and the idiots will continue to be idiots. Again sorry to hear about your accident.
Citizen

Clinton, MA

#10 Mar 22, 2009
Look up Melanies law. The penalties in MA are very strict if they catch you. The police in Fitchburg and Leominster do the best they can with all the crazy lunatics they have to deal with every day and night. Carjackings, shootings, half crazed naked men walking around. Oh yeah, and armed robberies, drug dealing, domestic violence.
CJP

Leominster, MA

#13 Mar 22, 2009
Welcome to reality. What bothers me most about your article is you are absolutely clueless about how the system works in Massachusetts. The Criminal Justice system in this State has utterly failed. You can kill a person with your car and unless there is an "aggravating circumstance" you get charged with a misdemeanor with a slim to none chance of seeing jail time. The Judges in this State do not take crime seriously and do not hold people accountable for their actions. That is why you see people do whatever they want and they get away with it time and time again. Yet we continue to elect the same politicians who continue to appont Judges who will not take criminals seriously. This State has failed and will not change until people start paying attention to what is going on with THEIR government. When enough people get angry enough things will finally start changing in this State.
Brigitte

Fitchburg, MA

#15 Mar 22, 2009
suck it up and deal. you're fine. worse things have happened to people who didn't feel the need to write an editorial about it.

you'll be okay.
tictac

Westminster, MA

#16 Mar 22, 2009
okay, I do feel for you but why would you trade a Subaru that has a great crash rating for an F150? Bigger isn't always better. The Subaru did it's job and kept you safe inside while taking the damage for you.
Get Real

Berlin, MA

#17 Mar 22, 2009
Dominican Lou wrote:
I think we should have a 3 strikes law. If a person is convicted three times of drunk driving their license should be permanently revoked with no chance of ever getting it back.
When did no license stop anybody? Take it away and they continue to drive! Shoot them on sight. It's the only way it will stop. When everybody faces reality things will change.
Leominster3614

Middleton, MA

#18 Mar 22, 2009
Not having a piece of plastic with your picture on it is going to keep anyone with a license revocation off the road. Mr. Golembievski had a prior conviction of driving with a suspended license before he ended up totaling his Explorer against my tree. He was legal at the time...but hadn't learned from his previous mistakes.

Perhaps now he's learned..
What a Joke

Ware, MA

#20 Mar 22, 2009
good thing your a reporter if any of us "regular people" had called about this it would have NEVER made it to print. The reason would have been its not a story of interest, this article proves to be boring, welcome to regular life.
not surprised

AOL

#21 Mar 22, 2009
I think we need more police in fitchburg if our mayer cannot complete this task..... it is simple we need to get together and take matters into our own hands... I say we all stop paying property taxes and any other moneys that go to the city of fitchburg .. I think that is the only way city hall will listen .. other wise all of these things will keep happining and we will get the same reply .. Oh you just got robbed oh well we are to busy to respond sorry it is not the dispatchers fault it is not the mayers fault it is our fault for letting this happin NEXT TIME CALL THE STATE POLICE they will respond...
Tim

Sanford, FL

#22 Mar 22, 2009
Down in West Melbourne, Florida the city will send you/insurance company a bill for police dispatch to an accident scene.
Idiot

Fitchburg, MA

#23 Mar 23, 2009
Some words of advice, Mr. McMenemy.

1. Don't drive up one of the steepest, most dangerous roads in Fitchburg when it's icey.

2. The number for police emergencies, such as car accidents, is 911. I know it's tough, but work on remembering those three numbers.

3. Thank your lucky stars you were not injured and move on, stuff happens.

REAL DEAL

Boston, MA

#24 Mar 23, 2009
Yes, I agree that there are many people out there who will slam into your car and then just drive away.

There was recently a case from Chelmsford. A cop who lives in Westford and was employed by the Hudson NH police department was driving around slobering drunk. He slammed his large pick up truck into the side of a car containing a mother and her daughter, and then sped away from the scene. The people that he hit had to be removed with from their vehicle with the jaws of life. One of them had a broken pelvis and many broken bones in their ribcage. The cop sped away from the scene and was then noticed by the Chelmsford PD speeding through North Chemlsford at 70 to 80 mph. The Chelmsford PD gave chase. The drunken cop tried to spin his truck around 180 degrees; but lost control and went into a ditch instead. He then bailed out of his truck and ran into the woods. He still wouldn't take responsibility for his actions and tried to just hide instead. They had to send the dogs in after him. He has since been found guilty of the whole ugly affair.(This is one Poopie Pie that was just too big of a mess for the cops to sweep under the rug!)

So, you can see; that there are many people out there who will just drive away after slamming into a car and causing unknown harm.

It really is an outrage!
Alybee

Nashua, NH

#25 Mar 23, 2009
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
When did no license stop anybody? Take it away and they continue to drive! Shoot them on sight. It's the only way it will stop. When everybody faces reality things will change.
LOL...shoot on sight...
Really, I think that is the only way s*** is gonna change in that town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
111 Mason rd in jefferson/Holden ma is Aiden Ke... Thu Scanner Boy 24
Fitchburg motorcycle cops Wed Andrew 41
discussing fitchburg now enabling people who th... Wed Andrew 22
Lynch's Council Campaign Wed Andrew 20
It's Hot!.........How will Lynch keep cool? Jun 20 Lynchburg Lemonade 2
Another Monday Gone. Jun 19 Captain Crunch 23
News Gardner homeless man charged with attempted mur... (Apr '09) Jun 17 6rounds 17

Fitchburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fitchburg Mortgages