License commission to investigate bar's customers' actions

Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

Alleged unruly behavior by people leaving Hooligan's bar, including customers possibly relieving themselves in a parking lot on Day Street, will be reviewed further by the city's License Commission, its members ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Shannon

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2008

Looks like a battle of the shitholes!
Ding ding ding.......round 2!
Jack

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2008

Hmmm move to downtown Fitchburg...bad idea.

Hmmm move in next to a bar in down town Fitchburg...Bad idea.

The Alverado's should invest their time in looking to relocate. They arent goin to get far here in my opinion.

Round 2 TKO!
Angry in Townsend

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2008

It is interesting Bourque told her to keep to her own business regarding Club Karma-can you say payoff? Perhaps the licensing commission should start paying more attention to BOTH places instead of collecting money on the side to keep themselves blind to the shenanigans going on there.
Daisy

Norwood, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2008

Battle of the bars it seems. Just one more thing the city needs. As for the neighbors, I do sympathize as I lived near a vets club at one time and had people urinating outside my bedroom window. Hellllllo this is a home not an outhouse. Maybe instead of "last call" it should be "last potty run".
Fitchburg resident

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2008

Seems odd that Mr. Bourque is concerned with one bar owner complaining about another but not with the fact that Gibreault is a convicted felon and not legally allowed to operate a bar. It's obvious Mr Bourque has a connection to Gibreault especially with all the complaints that bar has had without any penalties. First it was DeSalvatore protecting Karma now it's Bourque joining in. Wonder what the price is for overlooking an extensive criminal record and allowing scum to run a club.
Are you serious

Southbridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2008

A private citizen documents an infringement of his rights on videotape and is barred by state law from bringing the evidence to the relevant local authorities. How curious.
Fitchburg resident

Peabody, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2008

If the tape didn't have audio it would've been ok,yes that does seem stupid. Although I wouldn't be to sure that it was just a concerned citizen taping. I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that the people taping were payed off by Gibreault or even if the people on the tape were planted. This guy will do anything to avoid his bar having competition. Also the the person taping is Spanish which happens to be his primary customers. Does anyone remember how Szaracs and the Compound had problems with pepper spray bombs soon after he opened, coincedence don't think so. Thses were the only other dance clubs in town which gave him competition and the only places were it happened.
Go Girl

Basking Ridge, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2008

First of all I was a bartender at Sydney's aka Sazarac's and honestly in all the years I worked there I know of one major incident in the parking lot which by the way had nothing to do with the establishment. People have problems and people get into it, bottom line and it happened outside, not in the place; unfortunately it happened in the parking lot. At Sydney's there was always, bouncers and experienced mature bartenders that new what to look for and how and when to handle a problem (which by the way were few and far between). It is staff, experience, maturity and mature bouncers that make a club run successfully, if you don't put up with the BS they won't give you the BS. I would say if these establishments hired the right people and kept some people of interest during business hours around it would and will make a huge difference in its operations. It starts with operation and the standards that you set, and by the way there were a lot of Spanish and there were not a lot of problems.
Rich

Haverhill, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2008

Something really smell about this Bourque guy? His service is a disgrace!
Angry in Townsend

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2008

Go Girl-it seems to me that your comment is on-target entirely. It is the responsibility of the "establishment and mature bartenders" to regulate the consumption and actions of their patrons while on their property. Bottom line-the parking lot is still their property, and the patrons were extremely inebriated. If they are unable to control their patrons or cut them off when they should, then they should have their liquor license taken away. In most other towns where the licensing commission isn't paid off, that is what happens. Lucky for her the bar is in Fitchburg eh?
hello

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Angry in Townsend wrote:
It is interesting Bourque told her to keep to her own business regarding Club Karma-can you say payoff? Perhaps the licensing commission should start paying more attention to BOTH places instead of collecting money on the side to keep themselves blind to the shenanigans going on there.
HUH???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Fitchburg Forum right now

Search the Fitchburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Border line ttruth 1 hr ken 1
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) 2 hr Wared Out 1,146
Will Jtn ever post an Intelligent comment in th... 13 hr The True Story 27
Solicitor: FSU bid to convert arena no good 15 hr Karen 2
Gravestones found toppled at Fitchburg cemetery 15 hr Karen 9
Union chief: Morale remains low at DCF Sat Pajama People 39
I'll be off topix for a month Fri karen 3
•••
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••
•••

Fitchburg Jobs

•••