Mother of missing boy to be evaluated again

Posted in the Fitchburg Forum

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#1 Feb 22, 2014
FITCHBURG -- In Fitchburg District Court Friday, Judge Robert Pellegrini granted the mother of a missing 5-year-old boy a request for $2,500 in state funds to pay for an additional psychological assessment, according to Worcester District Attorney Joseph D. Early Jr. spokesman Tim Connolly.

Defense attorney James Gavin Reardon Jr. requested the funds because he feels he is still unable to communicate with Elsa Oliver and wants additional review of her mental state by an "expert forensic psychologist," according to court documents.

"The retained expert's services are reasonably necessary and related to material issues in the case, particularly criminal responsibility and/or mental impairment defenses, as well as duress and intimate partner violence defense," Reardon wrote in his motion.

The boy, Jeremiah Oliver, has been missing since September. He is feared dead.

Oliver was found competent to stand trial Jan. 24 following several weeks of mental health evaluation.

Oliver did not appear in court because her presence has been waived for all non-evidentiary hearings. The court has ruled similarly for her boyfriend, Alberto Sierra Jr., also charged in Jeremiah's disappearance.

Reardon also motioned to subpoena Department of Children and Families records on Oliver's children.

Both Oliver and Sierra's cases have been continued to April 7.

Read more: http://www.sentinelandenterprise.com/breaking...
Donna B

Revere, MA

#2 Feb 22, 2014
Well, that sounds like an insanity defense to me. If I were the nitwit boyfriend, I would tell where the boy is!
U R sick

Leominster, MA

#3 Feb 22, 2014
I'm starting a trust fund for him and I have to ask you....what sort of a state do we live in when you can't even trust the goberment to raise your kids for you? Where's my crack pipe?
U R sick

Leominster, MA

#4 Feb 22, 2014
The Kennedys knew how to deal with a kid like this. Give her a frontal labotamy and suck her brain out WEEEEEE! That's why I vote for them.
Donna B

Revere, MA

#5 Feb 22, 2014
U r Sick, please take the needle out of your arm, and look under your bed for your pipe, you probably dropped it there. We are so glad to hear your frontal lobotomy worked out nicely for you, that is progress.

Take care and try to avoid direct sunlight as many medications have adverse reactions to sunlight.

Be well!
dexter

Concord, MA

#6 Feb 22, 2014
Hello Dexter
U R sick

Leominster, MA

#7 Feb 22, 2014
Cough up the $2500 and then she will talk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Episcopal bishop to make 60-mile diocese tour t... 1 hr RevKen 2
FPD brass responsible.for Million dollar cost t... 4 hr NDHS70 15
This time I really mean it. Really. 5 hr Trout Fishing 34
Charlie Baker for governor 7 hr De bop 1
A change of culture at Fitchburg Police Dept. -... (Nov '10) 14 hr Jeff 271
Charlie Baker for governor 18 hr Herbert Lipton 46
5 finalist for Chief of Fitchburg ,Ma. 18 hr Lynch 39

Fitchburg News Video

Fitchburg Dating
Find my Match