They'll have those engines roaring

Sep 6, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

Fitchburg Municipal Airport will be heavy with nostalgia and the smell of burnt rubber Saturday when it hosts the 2013 Orange Drag Strip Reunion event.

Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Sep 9, 2013
You Know Who

Holliston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

What a nice story and what a great event! I was especially moved about the comment that this is a family event and that no alcohol would be allowed.

All too often these days, automotive events take place at a venue that includes alcohol. Some of these establishments have even gone so far as to claim that they are running a family event; but it is typically not the case. Not to mention the bone headed idea of mixing alcohol with the operation of high powered vehicles. Needless to say, it lacks common sense. And, to make a bad situation worse, some of these establishments even get a free pass from the local Police Department; due to who is running the event.

To read a story about a real live family event, that is not getting some special free pass from anyone, is heartwarming indeed. Three cheers!
Droopyballs

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

You Know Who wrote:
What a nice story and what a great event! I was especially moved about the comment that this is a family event and that no alcohol would be allowed.
All too often these days, automotive events take place at a venue that includes alcohol. Some of these establishments have even gone so far as to claim that they are running a family event; but it is typically not the case. Not to mention the bone headed idea of mixing alcohol with the operation of high powered vehicles. Needless to say, it lacks common sense. And, to make a bad situation worse, some of these establishments even get a free pass from the local Police Department; due to who is running the event.
To read a story about a real live family event, that is not getting some special free pass from anyone, is heartwarming indeed. Three cheers!
It's a fun event but then a participant on a motorcycle crashed because he ran out of room to slow down. He was lifeflighted. Then there was a lawsuit because the airport was not long enough for the racers to slow down and the proper safety barriers were not in place.
Renee

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

I need my booze
your kidding

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Sounds like a comment DropplyBalls or American would make.

He thinks its ok for underage sex.
You Know Who

Holliston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Droopyballs wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a fun event but then a participant on a motorcycle crashed because he ran out of room to slow down. He was lifeflighted. Then there was a lawsuit because the airport was not long enough for the racers to slow down and the proper safety barriers were not in place.
I guess that the legal repercussions from what you have described were low enough that the Airport is doing it all again.

Hey, speaking of crashes at an automotive event, didn't someone a couple of years back who was leaving one of JR's Pubs Cruise Nights smash into an iron fence, a mear 50 or so yards away from the pub; after they left the pub in typical fashion: tires screeching and car veering back and forth on a public way? I heard that the operator has downed a few pops at JR's before his untimely car crash.
Jos Quervo

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

You Know Who wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess that the legal repercussions from what you have described were low enough that the Airport is doing it all again.
Hey, speaking of crashes at an automotive event, didn't someone a couple of years back who was leaving one of JR's Pubs Cruise Nights smash into an iron fence, a mear 50 or so yards away from the pub; after they left the pub in typical fashion: tires screeching and car veering back and forth on a public way? I heard that the operator has downed a few pops at JR's before his untimely car crash.
I heard that crash into the fence was a drunk kid without a license. Oh wait that happens in Fitchburg every night with or without a car show.
Correct

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

You Know Who wrote:
<quoted text>
And isn't it also true that your wife has decided to go lesbian since you're not much of a man? I'm pretty sure that's what we heard. Well, that she had banged her way through most of your friends but from what is known you had a pretty good idea something fishy was going on anyway. But yeah, word is that your wife is a carpet muncher.
Knows her

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Correct wrote:
<quoted text>
And isn't it also true that your wife has decided to go lesbian since you're not much of a man? I'm pretty sure that's what we heard. Well, that she had banged her way through most of your friends but from what is known you had a pretty good idea something fishy was going on anyway. But yeah, word is that your wife is a carpet muncher.
The term you're looking for is "badge bunny". And yes, she has a predilection for the boys in blue. Lets just say she's hosted more Policeman's balls than the Sheraton Four Points.
Oh boy

Feeding Hills, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Knows her wrote:
<quoted text>
The term you're looking for is "badge bunny". And yes, she has a predilection for the boys in blue. Lets just say she's hosted more Policeman's balls than the Sheraton Four Points.
I think I know who you two are talking about. If so the stories are true.
Stop it

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

STOP IT!!! Car shows!! Family fun!! Probably be off duty cops there and EMTs!!! AAAAAAARGHHHH I'm pulling my hair out somebody hold me down and give me a tranquelizer. Why is the city tormenting me!!!! This is a violation of my civil rights!!!
Renee

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Stop it wrote:
STOP IT!!! Car shows!! Family fun!! Probably be off duty cops there and EMTs!!! AAAAAAARGHHHH I'm pulling my hair out somebody hold me down and give me a tranquelizer. Why is the city tormenting me!!!! This is a violation of my civil rights!!!
chuckys in love
You know who

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Renee wrote:
<quoted text>chuckys in love
Happy Birthday Renee! Woof woof...You are OLD!!!
Renee

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

You know who wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Birthday Renee! Woof woof...You are OLD!!!
thank ou,the bags under my eyes are shrinking
The Us and Them Promotion

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Stop it wrote:
EMTs???
Spongebob

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

The Us and Them Promotion wrote:
<quoted text>
EMTs???
Yeah you know what an EMT is don't you?(shaking my head)

This is why Fitchburg's motto is "you can't stupidity to stupid people, it just comes naturally"
Jtn

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Leave Renee alone
Renee

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

I repeat leave Jtn alone

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fitchburg Discussions

Search the Fitchburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
FHS cohort attends leadership conference 2 hr Jtn 3
a holes 7 hr Sonny 12
Police: Shots fired into Fitchburg home Mon Sonny 2
Fitchburg neighbors come together for yearly co... Sun ken 7
Developer sees retail center at Pelletier's Jul 27 Joe Underbridge 3
Arthur T. Demoulas makes offer to buy Market Ba... Jul 27 Joe L Kaddie 3
How to get hot babes Jul 27 Joe Underbridge 3
•••
•••