Fitchburg water chief seeks rate hike - Sentinel & Enterprise

City councilors will be asked to approve a water-rate hike during tonight's Finance Committee hearing Denis Meunier, director of the Water Department, plans to ask the Finance Committee to approve an immediate increase to water rates and fees, which Meunier said will cost the average Fitchburg homeowner about $50 more annually for water. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Really DISGUSTED

Taunton, MA

#63 Mar 27, 2013
Say what?

Blame leominster? Who the hell is blaming Leominster? I'm praising Leominster for how good the city is run. Learn how to read would you; Say what?
Say what

Leominster, MA

#64 Mar 27, 2013
What I'm trying to say is you get what you pay for either way or the other. Your house would probably cost three times as much in Leominster so you would be paying higher taxes, insurance and Mortgage. So pick your poison, a slightly higher water bill or paying on a higher value assesment?
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#65 Mar 27, 2013
kenhendy wrote:
Letís face it Fitchburg is a dying city. Take a ride down main street, view the closed stores, pot holes in the roads and boarded up building and homes. Why would a young family or business that care about education, low crime and healthy environment move to this city. We have a town hall that treats anyone trying to invest in this city like they were enemy. The word is out that if you are looking to invest in a city bypass Fitchburg and go to Leominster. They are actually happy to work with you.
It wasn't like this 4 years ago. We had hope and we were beginning to build a community!

Unfortunately I agree with all that you are stating as it is true. Why it is like this I do not know! If you go to a city council meeting they are singing koom ba ya like everything is rosie.

Our city council needs to get pro active and involved! You go to one of these meetings and they are all hugging. We need to get things done!

Fitchburg needs JOBS! The cost of doing business in Fitchburg is dam close to impossible!!!! You talk to the Mayor, the city councilors or the Chief of police and they all sing the same song;" nothing is wrong in Fitchburg" as crime is going down!

Do they really think that if they say it enough somehow something magical will happen and what they state becomes a reality??

Yes, I am criticizing people and rightfully so! At this rate we are going to need 100% of block grant funding to tear down abandoned homes! Their solution is less home owners? Then we will raise a rate!

It is 100% fact that Fitchburg went from the most affordable city to the least affordable city. Heres a long term plan Mayor, if it continues then buy two gigantic bulldozes so we can plow entire streets down!
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#66 Mar 27, 2013
Really DISGUSTED wrote:
Say what?
Blame leominster? Who the hell is blaming Leominster? I'm praising Leominster for how good the city is run. Learn how to read would you; Say what?
Interesting. We may be able to blame Leominster. All depending on the water issue! If the Fitchburg water treatment plant receives Leominster's rain water then Yes we could actually go after Leominster to pay some of the Federal fines that Fitchburg was slammed with.

We could do this if the rain water and sewerage comes into the Fitchburg plant which I think it does! See, if the city of Leominster allowed massive new developments then yes there is a situation that they may be liable for.

I do not know all the facts concerning Leominster and the Fitchburg water treatment plant dealings but I would say that Yes Leominster would be liable for poor management concerning their planning and zoning board decisions and allowances of building permits that added to the massive flow from their basin systems.

This is interesting if it is true that Leominster catch basin system and sewer system flows into the Fitchburg plant regardless of any contract!
Really DISGUSTED

Taunton, MA

#67 Mar 28, 2013
My house would cost 3x as much in Leominster? Oh Pleaseeee. Is that the only excuse you can come up with? It might cost a little more depending on the neighborhood; however, NOT 3x.
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#68 Mar 28, 2013
Say what wrote:
What I'm trying to say is you get what you pay for either way or the other. Your house would probably cost three times as much in Leominster so you would be paying higher taxes, insurance and Mortgage. So pick your poison, a slightly higher water bill or paying on a higher value assesment?
There may not be as many forclosures as Fitchburg but Leominster has foreclosures on the market for the same bottom dollar.

The assessments are not that far apart at all!
Jtn

Concord, MA

#69 Mar 28, 2013
Pauline boy,hose me down
Not Jtn

Concord, MA

#70 Mar 28, 2013
Jtn wrote:
Pauline boy,hose me down
yu mean Paul weizerhimer
Diane c

Concord, MA

#71 Mar 29, 2013
Not Jtn wrote:
<quoted text>yu mean Paul weizerhimer
i think you mean Paul bowen
Not Jtn

Framingham, MA

#72 Mar 30, 2013
Yu mean rob Bowen,the attorney who retire? What does he have to do with water rights
didi

Hudson, MA

#73 Mar 30, 2013
Not Jtn wrote:
Yu mean rob Bowen,the attorney who retire? What does he have to do with water rights
hose me down harry
Jtn

Hudson, MA

#74 Mar 30, 2013
didi wrote:
<quoted text>hose me down harry
dirty Harry?
Really discussed

Concord, MA

#75 Mar 31, 2013
Really discussed Ted with the idiots t FSU-ats yupul and Patrice
Crackers

Hudson, MA

#76 Apr 3, 2013
Yu go gurl,go,go,go

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Numbers of homeless increase in region 1 hr Tammy from Miami 10
Looking to move to Fitchburg 2 hr Tranny from Miami 17
Drug disposal effort gets billboard boost Sat Tammy from Miami 1
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Sep 11 whimmersmith 4,702
Man charged with assaulting ex-girlfriend - Sen... (Sep '09) Sep 10 Jtn 72
Has Jtn ruined Topix? Sep 10 The improved Jon 15
'Final' notice: Back to work or you're fired Sep 7 Jtn 14
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••
•••

Fitchburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••