Fitchburg water chief seeks rate hike - Sentinel & Enterprise

City councilors will be asked to approve a water-rate hike during tonight's Finance Committee hearing Denis Meunier, director of the Water Department, plans to ask the Finance Committee to approve an immediate increase to water rates and fees, which Meunier said will cost the average Fitchburg homeowner about $50 more annually for water. Full Story

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#42 Nov 12, 2009
and Water...I never said anything about bottling water. Get a grip!
Water Department Employee

Maynard, MA

#43 Nov 12, 2009
Bruce,

Yes, I am angry - I tend to get upset when people make inaccurate statements that put other people in a bad light.

It certainly does not hurt to ask questions - but you should be asking those questions of the people in charge (e.g., Denis Meunier) and not making accusations and inciting dissent on this forum. Do some research before posting, or is it too hard to make a phone call to the Water Department. If you do not get the answers you like or discover that City officials have not made the effort they should have, then post away.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#44 Nov 12, 2009
Water Department Employee wrote:
Bruce,
Yes, I am angry - I tend to get upset when people make inaccurate statements that put other people in a bad light.
It certainly does not hurt to ask questions - but you should be asking those questions of the people in charge (e.g., Denis Meunier) and not making accusations and inciting dissent on this forum. Do some research before posting, or is it too hard to make a phone call to the Water Department. If you do not get the answers you like or discover that City officials have not made the effort they should have, then post away.
Water,

My comments were posted to question our political officials. I made no accusations or any attempts at creating dissent directed at those of you working in the water department. You may benefit from some anger management classes.
Jersey Guy

Scotch Plains, NJ

#46 Nov 14, 2009
Bruce Marien, What subject DON"T you know everything about. Slow it down. Scrap your PC. Really contibute to the world by doing so. Thank you in advance for your prompt attention to this matter.
Cheating the Taxpayers

Fitchburg, MA

#47 Nov 14, 2009
I really do not think that Fitchburg should try to market its water in any other areas because, given the level of intelligence exhibited by the comments in this thread, it is obvious that there is something in the water causing IQ-itis. I would hate to see it spread to people outside of Fitchburg.
Are you the City employee who takes the big white truck home, using my tax payer gas money? Oh yeah you need to respond to emergencies, like only 2 in the last year, from your Leominster home.
Are you the same employee who goes home every day with the City Water Department truck and brags to the neighbors that you take a nap after lunch, yeah of course not, look around your break room and add up all the gas money for the takle home trucks, how many after hours EMERGENCIES are there?
Cheating the Taxpayers

Fitchburg, MA

#48 Nov 14, 2009
Bruce,
Maybe you should follow your fellow employees around, then cast the first stone. Maybe a reporter should follow you people around, many of the so called workers are doing very little but burning fuel!
RLA

Fitchburg, MA

#49 Nov 15, 2009
I really do not think that Fitchburg should try to market its water in any other areas because, given the level of intelligence exhibited by the comments in this thread, it is obvious that there is something in the water causing IQ-itis. I would hate to see it spread to people outside of Fitchburg.
You may have hit the nail on the head on this one! I honestly believe the Fitchburg posters on this forum live in a bubble. And I'm sure there are others that haven't yet discovered this forum that have the same mentality. Every time a city service cost is increased, all you see is....I'm moving out of this city. Most likely, it will be the first time they actually leave the city limits! Do you people really not realize costs are rising in every city and town in the NATION??!! Taxes are rising everywhere, real estate values are shrinking everywhere.

I wonder how Leominster residents feel about paying for water that is not safe to drink?? At least Fitchburg water is safe to drink.
paul

AOL

#50 Nov 15, 2009
Bottled Water Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
I already drink bottled water, and have for years. So do many other people. Cost is not the issue as much as taste, heavy chlorination, fluoridation, and old water mains. Seriously, the city has promised for well over 35 years to replace water mains, and, although we have had some limited replacement, it's sporadic and will never be completed.
Selling the water could have been an option. All it would have taken was the right marketing to a major corporation to get help with the startup cost. Unfortunately, Fitchburg waited too long and the time has passed.
Did you know that bottled water regualtions aren't as strict as water from a public water supplier? Guess what- you're paying over a dollar for that bottled water that could be filled with baceria from waste.
Disgusted

Fitchburg, MA

#51 Aug 27, 2011
I am a Fitchburg home owner who will not be able to pay these new rates while paying all my other bills. I guess I will lose my home. The sad thing is that no one is going to want to buy the home because of the mindless dummies who decided to make such a huge rate increase. I am sure this is a scenario that will be repeated for many Fitchburg home owners and where will the money come from then? This is scummy, it's low and it's heartless. Who are these idiots that are ruining... I mean running this city!? These idiots are killing me!
Can't Wong or someone do something about it? Has anyone seen a petition anywhere? This is outrageous!
Disgusted

Fitchburg, MA

#52 Aug 27, 2011
Sorry... I thought this thread was about the 68% water rate hike in 2011. I didn't notice the dates of 2009 in this article.
kenhendy

Acton, MA

#53 Oct 17, 2012
Letís face it Fitchburg is a dying city. Take a ride down main street, view the closed stores, pot holes in the roads and boarded up building and homes. Why would a young family or business that care about education, low crime and healthy environment move to this city. We have a town hall that treats anyone trying to invest in this city like they were enemy. The word is out that if you are looking to invest in a city bypass Fitchburg and go to Leominster. They are actually happy to work with you.
Really DISGUSTED

Taunton, MA

#54 Mar 26, 2013
HOLLY SHIT! MY MONTHLY WATER BILL IS $51.31 FOR 2 PPL. IF I WOULD HAVE KNOW THIS I WOULD HAVE NEVER BOUGHT HOUSE IN FITCHBURG! THIS IS REDICULOUS!!!
You Know Who

Marlborough, MA

#55 Mar 26, 2013
Really DISGUSTED wrote:
HOLLY SHIT! MY MONTHLY WATER BILL IS $51.31 FOR 2 PPL. IF I WOULD HAVE KNOW THIS I WOULD HAVE NEVER BOUGHT HOUSE IN FITCHBURG! THIS IS REDICULOUS!!!
I would not complain about a $54.00 a month water bill for two people. From what I have experienced, you are getting off cheap. I would be jumping for joy if my monthly water bill was coming in at $54.00 for two people.
Really DISGUSTED

Taunton, MA

#56 Mar 26, 2013
Well, that's a big increased when I'm used to paying $60-$70 per quarter a few yrs ago.
Jtn

Concord, MA

#57 Mar 26, 2013
Can I come home to anybody's hues or a shower.i will bring my own soap.
The True Story

Fitchburg, MA

#58 Mar 26, 2013
Really DISGUSTED wrote:
Well, that's a big increased when I'm used to paying $60-$70 per quarter a few yrs ago.
How much did you pay the previous month? Looking at my payment history, it looks like they estimate every other month. In my case, they low-ball the estimates.
Really DISGUSTED

Taunton, MA

#59 Mar 27, 2013
I have been paying $50 to $60 per month for a while now. I know peole in Leominster that are paying less than $90 a quarter; which equals to $30 per month. Seems like everything in Leominster are cheaper; however, a better city to live in. That doesn't make any sense, does it?
Representation

Fitchburg, MA

#60 Mar 27, 2013
Really DISGUSTED wrote:
When are people going to begin to understand that it is their representation that is screwing them. There is no accountability.

Whether you like to hear it or not, it is the good ole boy network that cost you and EVERY Fitchburg citizen more money. They allowed developments to be built regardless of the storm water drain collections that overwhelmed the water plant causing sewerage to go into the river hence a Federal fine!!!!!

There was logical solutions offered years ago; there was opposition to the new developments for this very reason. No one listened to logical opposition because they were not members of the good ole boy network who was profiting from the allowance.

This small collection of good ole boys do not care at all for the citizens of Fitchburg. If they are not related to the network then they are worthless and undeserving of any respect.

They are still spreading! They are within our local newspaper and on ALL city boards. They make the decisions that cause such massive increased cost onto the citizens for the financial benefit of a hand full.

City councilors sitting on their hands for years as they did not what was right management but what was wanted by the network. Mayors, former Chief of police and judges within the court. They had everything wrapped up and they still have control but are wounded and exposed.

Recently double efforts are being made to regain their strength. They have crippled the business community within Fitchburg. What they have done has not worked as it has failed miserably.

It is going to take ten Kevin Lynch's and outside authorities to repair what they ruined. Again, the city of Fitchburg belongs to the CITIZENS of Fitchburg!!!

Telling lies and spending all their energy on covering up the truth does not work as it only suppresses growth further. The Sentinel and CITIZENS stood up and told the truth about an out of control and poorly managed off campus student behaviors and the liason stood in the face of all these people an stated "Nothing is wrong as their are no problems nor issues that need to be addressed"!

This happens in other parts of the city as well. Police and local government have been lying by stating that there is no problem with gangs, drugs and crime. But the citizens live the truth and the reality which is the opposite of what is being officially stated across the city to newspapers!

This way use to work decades ago but we are in an information age now where everyone sees the headlines instantly.

Fitchburg is worth the effort. I have seen hundreds of great people within Fitchburg. We need leadership that will walk with the PEOPLE and stand up for the people!!!

Slumlords were part of this network, they utilized and still do their connections in the health department and the courts. It is a disaster.

I encourage strong people to come out of the wood work and to stand for the citizens of Fitchburg, turn a blind eye to the network and their discriminatory ways. Treat and judge people equally and the respect of the community will grow rapidly.

The network has divided Fitchburg into an us and a them! There is only OUR community in my mind. The network is very very small percentage wise but they are in all corners of power within Fitchburg.

The way to clear them out is to identify them and to replace them with good people that are their co-workers. These co-workers know the truth, they see the injustices but they are not in management; we need to make them management. There is hope, we just need the strong to come forward.

If I didn't have a mark on my record from 1992 then I would of straightened it all out. The people of Fitchburg deserve to be represented by someone who cares about them. We are a community!
pssst

Leominster, MA

#61 Mar 27, 2013
Really DISGUSTED wrote:
I have been paying $50 to $60 per month for a while now. I know peole in Leominster that are paying less than $90 a quarter; which equals to $30 per month. Seems like everything in Leominster are cheaper; however, a better city to live in. That doesn't make any sense, does it?
The tax base is larger.
Say what

Leominster, MA

#62 Mar 27, 2013
Really DISGUSTED wrote:
I'll make it easy there for ya Jack and Jill. If the people in Leominster pay less they probably consume less. Don't blame the residents of Leominster because three times a day you are filling your tub so you can play with your rubber ducky.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fake charges against Lynch were DISMISSED 2 hr Waino Savilampi 66
The Roys Capture 4th Consecutive ICM Bluegrass ... 8 hr Your caught 35
Criminal justice system's 'dark secret' (Mar '13) 14 hr geral 15
Ex-Realtor charged with allegedly bilking clien... (Jun '09) Fri pedro 15
lynch for mayor 2014 (Apr '12) Fri BillyBob 341
'Aging Minorities' photos on display in Fitchbu... Dec 17 BillyBob 2
Where is Kevin Lynch? Dec 17 kev lynch 13

Fitchburg News Video

Fitchburg Dating
Find my Match