Comments
21 - 40 of 80 Comments Last updated Jul 2, 2013
The American Dream

Gardner, MA

#21 Jun 30, 2013
I want to know why Mr.Lynch cannot work? I do not want to hear about medical issues either.

I drive a taxi cab and earn $18K a year working 60 plus hours a week. I have heart problems and can barely walk but I still work.

Why should I pay for Mr.Lynch? Why doesn't he want to pay into the system instead of taking from it?
Really

Gardner, MA

#22 Jun 30, 2013
Because Sucking off the system is his way of life. Think about it Jail welfare ,food stamps thats all he knows..
Hmmmm

Leominster, MA

#23 Jun 30, 2013
Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't leave Fitchburg. My mutha lives here! I am a momma's boy. And if I had to live on my own, I may have go to out and get a job!(choke)
I'm not a one trick pony. I'll break down his last campaign speach from the video... III I you know III I will III when elected retract the rate on the water bill. IIII you know III you know IIII Mayor Wong wants a trash removal fee! IIII you know IIIIIII youknow IIIIII when elected IIIIII um I um IIIII I will replace the police. IIIIIIII..........
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#24 Jun 30, 2013
The American Dream wrote:
I want to know why Mr.Lynch cannot work? I do not want to hear about medical issues either.
I drive a taxi cab and earn $18K a year working 60 plus hours a week. I have heart problems and can barely walk but I still work.
Why should I pay for Mr.Lynch? Why doesn't he want to pay into the system instead of taking from it?
Hey, tell it to someone else, Please!! 60 hrs a week and you only make 18K a year? And you say that you receive zero housing assistance? Zero food stamps? What about people you live with?

And let me ask you; are you the cab driver who beeps like an animal outside our house as you pick up drug dealers and prostitutes from across the street??

Why can't you walk and what is wrong with your heart? Do you eat too much? Who pays for that food?

My entire family including myself pays into the tax system and social security.
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#25 Jun 30, 2013
The American Dream wrote:
So at 18K a year in earnings how much is giving to me? Are you just paying for Mr. lynch? Let me tell you champion at 18K a year you pay ZERO in taxes!!!!! You may even get more out than you put into the system. Do you pay for heat?

You are leaving out a boat full of info here!
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#26 Jun 30, 2013
Really wrote:
Because Sucking off the system is his way of life. Think about it Jail welfare ,food stamps thats all he knows..
I have worked TWICE as hard as you ever have worked which is FACT! My hands are not swollen and twisted because I haven't worked! My knees are not swollen because I have not worked! I have worked harder physically than most people in society.

So, are you going to tell me that you pay for jail, food stamps and welfare for everyone in society? You say this and your job requires close to Zero physical labor???

You receive a tax return every year! So after all your returns what is the total you have paid in besides social security which is coming back to you??

So out of this balance lets start with the basics like police, fire, ambulance, street lights and roads. What is the percentage of what is left in your tax burden that goes to these services?

Now lets look at State and local city pensions and health care costs. What percentage goes into that cost? What about plowing the road system?

I have worked 60 hrs weeks for years. And let me also add about prison. I worked for years 40 hrs a week in the prison system receiving $2 a day. We cleaned highways, we cleaned parks, we painted schools, we did snow clearing, we did masonry, we did carpentry, we did cleaning services, automotive for state vehicles and the list goes on and on.

So, you can look at the $2 a day which is $10 a week as "disposable income" which is the money left over after expenses. And let me add that you can only have access to $1 of that money which is $5 a week. Then you take the $5 a week and you buy your soap, shampoo and other needs.

Every year when the Feds come into do their audit, pre-packed pallets of toothpaste and soap ect would be brought out to the front as if they were being distributed to inmates. Once the feds left these pallets were put back into storage!

And let me ask you, do you believe that I fought hard through letter writing to receive programs for all inmates? Yes, I did and I usually succeeded. The state house would allot so much to rehabilitation and the programs were never implemented. I fought for these programs to be implemented. They were not happy with me.
Really

Gardner, MA

#28 Jun 30, 2013
Well After 25 years serving in the Military, There is no way you ever work as hard as me,

I am sure you didn't do all those jobs in jail, you only get jobs outside the fence after you been there and earned it which I but you didn't.

Oh Ya You were a rat and snitch in jail so maybe you do get those jobs
Hmmmm

Leominster, MA

#29 Jun 30, 2013
Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
I have worked TWICE as hard as you ever have worked which is FACT! My hands are not swollen and twisted because I haven't worked! My knees are not swollen because I have not worked! I have worked harder physically than most people in society.
So, are you going to tell me that you pay for jail, food stamps and welfare for everyone in society? You say this and your job requires close to Zero physical labor???
You receive a tax return every year! So after all your returns what is the total you have paid in besides social security which is coming back to you??
So out of this balance lets start with the basics like police, fire, ambulance, street lights and roads. What is the percentage of what is left in your tax burden that goes to these services?
Now lets look at State and local city pensions and health care costs. What percentage goes into that cost? What about plowing the road system?
I have worked 60 hrs weeks for years. And let me also add about prison. I worked for years 40 hrs a week in the prison system receiving $2 a day. We cleaned highways, we cleaned parks, we painted schools, we did snow clearing, we did masonry, we did carpentry, we did cleaning services, automotive for state vehicles and the list goes on and on.
So, you can look at the $2 a day which is $10 a week as "disposable income" which is the money left over after expenses. And let me add that you can only have access to $1 of that money which is $5 a week. Then you take the $5 a week and you buy your soap, shampoo and other needs.
Every year when the Feds come into do their audit, pre-packed pallets of toothpaste and soap ect would be brought out to the front as if they were being distributed to inmates. Once the feds left these pallets were put back into storage!
And let me ask you, do you believe that I fought hard through letter writing to receive programs for all inmates? Yes, I did and I usually succeeded. The state house would allot so much to rehabilitation and the programs were never implemented. I fought for these programs to be implemented. They were not happy with me.
Let this be a lesson to the kids out there. Crime doesn't pay you much.
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#30 Jun 30, 2013
Hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not a one trick pony.I you know ,I will ,when elected retract the rate on the water bill. IIII you know III you know IIII Mayor Wong wants a trash removal fee! IIII you know I youknow II when elected I um I I I will replace the police. I
So what happened? Seriously? The city council voted the trash system plan down and the Mayor still implemented it. Politicians campaign chest were filled with contributions from waste management companies associated with this deal! The citizen now has to pay for trash removal and the waste management won on all sides. They pick up less with less need for workers. The recyclables are separated for them which they sell for profit. And the city is stuck picking up all the couches left on the curbside if the citizen doesn't pay the extra fee.

Why would the city make it more profitable for a private company and put the burden on every city? Isn't it the job of the city government to protect the citizen?

And the police, very interesting. What has changed from that speech? Mayor Wong stated that the city had more than enough police! Then two days before the general election she reversed her stand!!!!

Now, you forget about all the other facts I mentioned during that speech but that is convenient for you, right? I believe one point was the "rubber stamp" situation. Before Conry and Starr left they rubber stamped yet another police contract where AGAIN nothing was changed and the city had ZERO changes to that FPD submitted contract. No negotiations but just sign it!

Lets not forget that it was my proposal for a shift overlay that was implemented within the FPD. It was my initiative that had Chief Demoura issue civility demands on every FPD officer. Things changed. Those that were corrupt pulled back a bit and fell in line with Demoura wants.

I lost a lot but that is what happens when you stick your neck out but it is what brings about change!

I brought things to the table. I had no control over the trash system changes. I had no control over the massive crippling water and sewer increases and property tax increases to the citizens of Fitchburg.

I have long proposed to Mayor Wong for elderly exemptions. Instead the city looks to co-op with building an un-needed student housing project for North and Main. They believe that the students will spend in local stores if we move them above the stores.

Reality is this the students have a very limited "disposable income" to even spend into the market. But if you give the elderly breaks on their taxes and water bills then they will fill the local stores once again as they did before the increases.

We have forced our elderly into McDonalds instead of City hall café and other dinning establishments that they filled before the increases in taxes and fees. The local government is squeezing its own economy!!

We need infrastructure changes! We need lower cost to do business within Fitchburg. We need lower fees and taxes for Fitchburg citizens!

Take a walk around Fitchburg if you dare and you will see what this Mayor has manufactured! It isn't jobs, it is gangs, drugs and violence! Have you noticed the outward mental un stability of the homeless as of recent? Why haven't we addressed the homeless situation in Fitchburg??

In Fitchburg it is the big three < Mayor Wong, Sentinel and Enterprise and Antonucci round table! This is a three way marriage that has held Fitchburg back from prosperity. The Sentinel should be protecting the right to free speech not barring it. Antonucci should be running the University ONLY and not the Unitil and Chamber of Commerce!!!! Mayor Wong should be standing up and working for every citizen in Fitchburg and not just her own political future.
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#31 Jun 30, 2013
The University is maxed out, STOP investing in the University as it will not only not create jobs but will eliminate hundreds!

Let me tell you; the plumbers, electricians, the carpenters, landscapers, painters and handymen are being squeezed out of work in Fitchburg. You want to know who greases the economy?? This group of workers as they spend, spend and spend constantly when they are working locally!!!!!
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#32 Jun 30, 2013
Really wrote:
Well After 25 years serving in the Military, There is no way you ever work as hard as me,
I am sure you didn't do all those jobs in jail, you only get jobs outside the fence after you been there and earned it which I but you didn't.
Oh Ya You were a rat and snitch in jail so maybe you do get those jobs
Of course working a 8hr/5 days a week is harder than the military. Stop it! When in a war zone you risk your life but don't lie here!

I did work those jobs in prison. I NEVER ratted nor snitched in prison!!!!!!!

Your boyfriend was the RAT as you got DOC employees FIRED that were bringing in him cartons of cigs. FACT!!!! The biggest RAT in the can was big nose C....... You know the cold blooded murderor that you courted......
Hmmmm

Leominster, MA

#33 Jun 30, 2013
So Mr. Lynch let me get this straight. Water services should be free because I guess the water fairy just makes it magicaly apear when you turn on a faucet and when you put your trash out it should be free because the trash dragon swoops down and scoops it up. Interesting world you are living in but the rest of us understand these services cost money.
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#34 Jun 30, 2013
JOBS, JOBS and JOBS is what Fitchburg needs!!! The Mayor has failed 100% on these three needs!!!

Factories and small businesses are and have left Fitchburg. These University projects have squeezed out job opportunities for locals which in turn has hurt the local economy.

The city has raise every rate, fee and tax which HAS LESSENED THE "DISPOSABLE INCOMES " OF EVERY FITCHBURG CITIZEN!!!

NOTHING has been done about the cost of doing business in Fitchburg!!! Mayor Wong is making the same exact mistakes that Lowell made over a decade ago!!!!

The students of the University WILL NOT STIMULATE THE ECONOMY!!!!!!! STOP investing NOW!!!!

It is the 40,000 plus citizens of Fitchburg that will grow the economy in Fitchburg!!!!!

Every year we have more and more empty homes in Fitchburg that turn into crack shacks and homeless havens.

In Bermuda the local government keeps the homeless clothed in bright clean color cloths in order to protect there image to vacationers.

North and Main should remain a grassed area! We are finally able to see the beautiful church and now you want to hide this beauty again??
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#35 Jun 30, 2013
Why on the planet earth would the Sentinel do a 28 page pullout add for Antonucci????? Seriously, why???

Mayor Wong posses for photo opps with Antonucci. Why don't she even walk Main street, ever?? What happened to photo opps with regular citizens of Fitchburg???

I never thought I would miss Conry the "rubber stamp" but we could use a Conry now as No ONE is opposing nor questioning the Mayor as she is like a dictator in city hall. No one questions her proposals. Even Dinattalle has been praising her and going along with her ideas.

The city of Fitchburg has thrown all its chips into the University basket and it is going to FAIL!!!!!!!! Go back to the FATV interview from like 5 years ago, It was Dinatalle, Antonucci and Mayor Wong. Antonucci stated that the enrollment has maxed out and he is right. Mayor Wong for some reason estimates it doubling! She is 100% wrong!!! She stated this after the big increase in FSU enrollment. It has either tweaked down or evened out as Antonucci stated it would.

Will someone PLEASE hold the Mayor to these questions and concerns and tell her to STOP investing the entire Fitchburg economy on a dream that Fitchburg state enrollment is going to double!!!!!!!!

The economy is getting better Mayor statewide so Stop hurting Fitchburg chances of meeting this economy and PREPARE Fitchburg for a better economy. You are going to isolate Fitchburg!!! Stop it!!!! Reverse your thought in order to stem the damage.

Let me tell you that FSU has seen an increase in enrollment due to a tough economy where parents have choisen state college over private University tuition costs hence the reason to change FSC to FSU. This was done for this purpose and more funding.

When the economy picks up enrollment at FSU will drop!!! Leaving an empty FSU housing complex or two! At which time Antonucci will have been employed full time by Unitil as CEO. Mayor Wong will be FSU president and the City council and new Mayor will be converting these empty buildings to possibly even City Hall!
Hmmmm

Leominster, MA

#36 Jun 30, 2013
If you listen to Wong and let's be honest she is very intelligent she tries to explain that the city has been in the hole and she is trying to get it out smartly. I understand you believe everything should be free but that's not going to happen.

You remind me of the insurance commercial where the rep says 'Good news we can give life insurance for $16' and Charlie Brown and the other peanuts say it should be $.05 cents. Sorry but in a broke city that won't work. Grow up.
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#37 Jun 30, 2013
Does ANYONE ever state the cost for a University dorm room?? Seriously!

Transferring these students into costlier housing is not the answer when attempting to stimulate economic growth! Do the math for a moment.

These rooms are very expensive which will limit the students disposable incomes! In essence Mayor Wong has been personally behind limiting disposable incomes concerning EVERY Fitchburg citizen which in turn has massively cut business profits locally!!

Marcus Dinatalle, you are a conservative. Research this proposal and others. Remember the University will NEVER move out of Fitchburg as they are too invested inside of Fitchburg.

Then go back and reread the story of the death on Marshall street. Remember this is one of the worst violent streets in the city. Notice that many of the residents where elderly.

I believe that it is Mayor Wongs thinking that she can force the elderly into moving into Federal housing within Fitchburg which will pull in some Federal funding. These citizens are in their 80's and 90's and enjoy living where they are living even if it is violent.

We need to be assisting our elders not forcing them into Federal housing. This is our community! The city of Fitchburg belongs to ALL the citizens of Fitchburg!!!!
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#38 Jun 30, 2013
Hmmmm wrote:
If you listen to Wong and let's be honest she is very intelligent she tries to explain that the city has been in the hole and she is trying to get it out smartly. I understand you believe everything should be free but that's not going to happen.
You remind me of the insurance commercial where the rep says 'Good news we can give life insurance for $16' and Charlie Brown and the other peanuts say it should be $.05 cents. Sorry but in a broke city that won't work. Grow up.
Do you have any facts?? CDC money is spent on what in Fitchburg??? FPD overtime?? Tearing down abandoned properties?? Yes, tearing down the two on Blossom street was a good idea and it has made the area better looking. But that is it. We need to invest.

Let me tell you. If it wasn't for food stamps then Fitchburg would be empty!!!! Thank God for Obama. If it wasn't for SSI then Fitchburg would be closed down as it would resemble Detroit!

Mayor Wong has squeezed every elderly persons income which has harmed the local economy.
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#39 Jun 30, 2013
You want to beat Mayor Wong? Put together a graph depicting the cost of Insurance ,water, sewer, electricity, heating cost, taxes and city fees before Mayor Wong.

Now put together a list of these same costs and compare them! This is already done for you as Fitchburg was on the top of the list of most economical place to live!!!

Instead of capitalizing on this labeling Mayor Wong went for the juggler, she raised every rate and cut many cy jobs.

Result? 4 Million in the bank! Now take a ride through every street in Fitchburg. Notice all the empty houses, notice the increase in homeless, drug addicts and gangs. Notice all the boarded up businesses and then walk in and talk to the struggling businesses which are able to stay open due to insurance claims from being robbed at gun point! Can anyone say WAR ZONE??

"War Zone" is what exactly Fitchburg has been labeled by our elder citizens! When is the Chief of police and the Mayor going to pay attention to the citizens outcries?

Where is the Mayor? Maybe there is a photo opp with Antonucci over at the Wong Bulletin/Sentinel and Enterprise!!!
Hmmmm

Leominster, MA

#40 Jun 30, 2013
I'm sorry Mr. Lynch it's not you personaly I just dislike liars in general. You calling yourself a carpenter would be like me calling myself a Dentist because I brush my teeth.
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#41 Jun 30, 2013
Hmmmm wrote:
Listen, have an open mind for once!! Mayor Wong put 5 Million in the bank! AT WHAT COSTS??? We have 10 MILLION in road repairs needed! We have an increase in gangs, drugs, prostitution, homeless, unemployment and just a complete despondent community!!!

What will it cost the next Mayor to repair Fitchburg?? The banking of 5 Million crippled Fitchburg but it made Mayor WONG!

We need more police! Yes, the guy who you claim hates police has always stated that we need more police. We do not need more on first shift. We need more on second and third shift.

I remember growing up where everyone waived and greeted the police with a welcoming smile. This is part of what makes a community.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Has Jtn ruined Topix? 26 min jtn 3
0142 corruption in the courts and P.D. 2 hr dumbass 13
Debate: Ferguson - Fitchburg, MA 23 hr Pajama People 43
Numbers of homeless increase in region Sat But 6
Thief grabs cash box at Leominster farm stand Sat Tim 4
Man charged with assaulting ex-girlfriend - Sen... (Sep '09) Aug 29 Karen 67
McKay hosting family barbecue Aug 28 Karen 2
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••