Police bust robbery suspect in Fitchburg - Sentinel & Enterprise

Police arrested a 28-year-old Fitchburg man on charges of breaking and entering in the daytime, Sgt. Full Story
Huh

Peabody, MA

#22 Mar 25, 2010
Darn Tootin from W Newton wrote:
<quoted text>
I take great offense to you bashing the police on this story! The police, in this case, did a good job. One of our Officers saw a man riding a moped while holding a flat screen TV, so the Officer showed some initiative and stopped the man just in case there was foul play involved. And, as it turned out; THERE WAS foul play involved.
No, I'm afraid that we have to admit that this is good solid police work. There is nothing negative about it. Good job, Detective Peter Kymalainen!
What have you done with the real Darn Tootin from W. Newton? How much is the ransom?
Ward 6

Peabody, MA

#23 Mar 25, 2010
RMT wrote:
Was anyone hit on Boylston Street in February?
Did something happen there? Why are you asking that? I live nearby.
Donnie

Maynard, MA

#24 Mar 25, 2010
I wonder if the Moped was stolen as well.
Darn Tootin from W Newton

Brookline, MA

#25 Mar 25, 2010
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
What have you done with the real Darn Tootin from W. Newton? How much is the ransom?
Hey, NOW that's a good one! But, even I have to admit it when the police show some initiative and, as a result, they catch one of Fitchburg's sleazebag's in the act of a theft.

I agree, I have not said much of ANYTHING good about our Blueboys on this site. But, this was good police work; plain and simple. And, it deserves recognition!
robberyvictim

Longwood, FL

#26 Mar 25, 2010
do the police ever try to match the stolen goods with possible owners?
Hmm

Fitchburg, MA

#27 Mar 25, 2010
Attention Fitchburg PD wrote:
KEEP MOVING DOWN PAYSON AND NAIL THE DRUG DEALER THAT KEEPS MAKING ALL THE TRANSACTIONS ON THE SURROUNDING STREETS. MAY AS WELL INSTALL A DRIVE-THRU WINDOW ON THIS GUYS HOUSE THEN HE DOES NOT HAVE TO GO AROUND THE CORNER FOR THE TRANSACTION. POLICE MORE OR LESS LOOK THE OTHER WAY ON THIS ONE. HINT,HINT FITCHBURG POLICE.....
Stop complaining and actually take the time to report it:

http://www.fitchburgpolice.com/forms_and_docu...
Hmm

Fitchburg, MA

#28 Mar 25, 2010
robberyvictim wrote:
do the police ever try to match the stolen goods with possible owners?
Yes. Their is a national database called CJIS which has pretty much everything imaginable in it for information. Possibly stolen item's serial numbers are run through the system when recoverd. As long as the victim gave the police serial numbers from their stolen items, it will flag it and the original police agency will be contacted and informed that they have recovered a stolen artifact from their city
Kneo

Bedford, MA

#29 Mar 25, 2010
walnutstresident wrote:
I'm happy to see that the little **** was caught. Everything I have was stolen this year when my home was robbed... my life has been hell for the last couple months. Makes me sick that this guy has been in trouble before and set free to commit more crimes. Not to mention that he is my neighbor and has been watching me come and go while I bust my butt buying things for him to steal from me. Curious to see what the punishment is going to be. I'm sure he'll be free to rob me again this summer.
I know this may be bad timing, but is there any chance this stuff will hit ebay? I'll check there while you check his residence since it is listed in the article.
yolanda cruz

Nantucket, MA

#31 Mar 25, 2010
the same guy who was caught on a home invasion in the summer, but was release cause the victim and him knew each other,and was picked up on a warrant back in november for drugs, and was bailed out by his girlfriend who had just gotten her ssi check to post his bail she should also be held for something use her kids money to bail out a scumbag please. lock him up for a long long time we dont need him in fitchburg..........mad as hell
ASur

Shrewsbury, MA

#30 Mar 25, 2010
This makes me so sad to hear, but so happy I moved out of Fitchburg ~ way to go Pete Sr!
name is my name

Amherst, MA

#32 Mar 25, 2010
oh really wrote:
This is nuts...if the Sentinel would have run this before WBZ TV and put the city on alert to watch out, they would have caught this **** weeks ago. If think FPD needs to realize that the community can help more than they think. Instead, all these families have suffered and people are now afraid of who may be next. You know there must be more guys out there to have so many reported robberies. People...look out you windows like all the Meme's do and watch your neighborhood. Look out for one another.
It's amazing but the same thing happened in Leominster last year with 12 break-ins, in two weeks all within a mile of each other. Why wouldn't they notify the surrounding neighborhoods to keep a look out. Insead NOONE knew it was going on.
Victim

Boston, MA

#33 Mar 25, 2010
I have been a victim of robbery this week. I was told by the police that 30-60 robberies have occured in this area since January! Why didn't the police notify the community of the problem? It might have saved my home. A simple flyer in the mail would have alerted everyone. VERY angry!
sad story

Fitchburg, MA

#34 Mar 25, 2010
Victim wrote:
I have been a victim of robbery this week. I was told by the police that 30-60 robberies have occured in this area since January! Why didn't the police notify the community of the problem? It might have saved my home. A simple flyer in the mail would have alerted everyone. VERY angry!
My thoughts exactly.....this is not acceptable. I pay my taxes and someone is NOT doing there job. Total lack of communication from the city as a whole. I was embarrassed to watch WBZ last night. There should be an apology to the taxpayers. This city is going to lose
anyone who still cares, who cares enough to want to raise a young family where there is a library, churches, and good schools. You tell me, what does this city offer for potential home buyers???
Kevin from Fitchburg

Concord, MA

#35 Mar 25, 2010
Darn Tootin from W Newton wrote:
<quoted text>
I take great offense to you bashing the police on this story! The police, in this case, did a good job. One of our Officers saw a man riding a moped while holding a flat screen TV, so the Officer showed some initiative and stopped the man just in case there was foul play involved. And, as it turned out; THERE WAS foul play involved.
No, I'm afraid that we have to admit that this is good solid police work. There is nothing negative about it. Good job, Detective Peter Kymalainen!
I agree with you Darn; The FPD did a good job here! I am extremely critical of the FPD also as I have seen some extremely inept police work done in theis town. When they do a good job, I congradulate them also! I will assist a Police Officer as will Darn Tooten. We just will not go for a crooked cop at all!

I read Darn Tootens post all the time; he is right on about most things. If wish he would run this city. I believe Darn Tooten just wants the law enforcement to do the job that they are hired for or leave! The sense of entitlement is insane! The more this department gets straightened out the less crime there will be and the more community involvement!!

After reading Darn tootens post I never feel that he is bashing anyone! He says things that everyone else is afraid to say! He is a tax payer and deserves adequate law enforcement PERIOD! Sometimes I cannot believe the reactions that he receives! He speeks the truth; sometimes the truth hurts people but hey the cops are not entitled to operate corruptly; Period!! When Law enforcement is conducting themselves lawfully then they get much respect and cooperation!

Like with the Tasca case; even city councilors thought that he should of been allowed to steal! When it gets that bad, corruption is obvious!!!

I say on this one; good work FPD! It is time for Drug Dealers to LEAVE!!!!! They are on the list!!!! Contact the FPD site and let them know what you see! These guys are delivering Poison onto our kids! At the same time I hope that the Mayor is working on employing Fitchburg residents through this commuter rail funds; These funds were STRICTLY FOR JOB CREATION!!! Keep an eye on these funds, contact Flanagan also and make sure she understands what this money is for!!

In times like this the city council along with the Mayors office should be running an employment agency and all management off operations on the Commuter Rail Project! Don't let the CEOs get this money!!!!!!
JUan

North Reading, MA

#36 Mar 25, 2010
andres was valedictorian in my nightschool class
BeenThere

AOL

#37 Mar 25, 2010
Donnie wrote:
I wonder if the Moped was stolen as well.
I'll bet it was, and I'll bet us taxpayers paid for his Nike's, his clothes, and the food he ate that day bought with his food stamps! What a LOSER!!!!!! So glad I don't live out there anymore. I know there are stupid people everywhere, but it is increasing in Fitchburg! How about he gets a job and PAYS for what he wants....
Quese

Dracut, MA

#39 Mar 25, 2010
The problem is not the police. It's our liberal court system.
smileplease

Concord, MA

#40 Mar 26, 2010
What I want to know is why do we not hear about all these robberies that are happening in our city? Who is keeping this information from us? Lisa Wong? Cops? Remember when we had the police blotter in the Sentinel? I think it should resurface.
I was broken into last year and had a substantial loss. They caught one out of two of the criminals. Never got anything back though.
leave

United States

#41 Mar 26, 2010
found him in my backyard at 6:15 am on my way to work i spotted him out my back window back in November of 09 and yes he took off on a MOPED ! now that they have him lock him up for a while, heroin addict! i was traumatized for months after seeing this man staring back at me through my window either waiting for me to leave or he was coming right in with me here. either way; i am still very upset over the incident; i get it we work hard for what we have and we keep the stores stocked for these addicts! lock him up dammit get him off the streets. if the judge lets him go once again; they ought to lock up his sorry a s s for allowing this to continue. he has traumatized and stolen from enough people.
Darn Tootin from W Newton

Brookline, MA

#42 Mar 26, 2010
Folks,

I am going to take this opportunity to let you know that I have been called upon to work on another project elsewhere. I have been asked to solve some issues and shortcomings in another town; on another matter. This project is going to require my undivided attention for a while. I will try to check on things here in Fitchburg; from time to time; just to let you know that I am still alive and that I am still allowed to post; but you will be seeing MUCH LESS of me. Let me say; that I have enjoyed my time with all of you; both the fans and the critics.

During the past year, I have flabbergasted a few flatfoots; clobbered more than a couple of cops; pooh poohed the PD and chaffed at the Chief. I have devastated a Detective or two; called out a Crooked Captain; and lambasted one of our liquored up lawmen. But, I never mocked the Mayor.

I have brought up national issues regarding our LEO's. I have talked about pill pushing policemen; booze upped blueboys; dishonest Dectectives; felonious flatfoots; and crooked cop cover ups. I have brought up drug stealing and drug dealing amongst the ranks of our nation's public servants.

Early on, my opponents said that they were starting a petition to have me removed from Topix Forum. They threatened me with lawsuits for slander and libel. I was accused of being a pedophile; a criminal and a convict. I was accused of being one of our nation's discontented unemployed. None of which is true.

I am happy to say that in all of these written exchanges I have neutered my nay sayers; beat up my bashers and crippled my critics. I even TKO'd the SRO.

Folks, I want all of you to understand that I only want the best for the citizens of Fitchburg, as Kevin pointed out above. Most of our cops are making VERY GOOD money and we give them outstanding retirement packages. They should not take it for granted. And, they sure as hell should not be taking a soft line with fighting crime and then tell us that we need to throw more money at the police budget of we expect them to fight crime for us.

Again, Folks, it has been a lot of fun. You will hear from me again; but not nearly as much as you have seen.

Best wishes to ALL of you!

Darn Tootin

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should Jtn run for Governor of Massachusetts? 9 hr Jtn 3
Should Jtn be BANNED from Topix? 18 hr Rihanna 3
Numbers of homeless increase in region 22 hr The Insider 13
Good Samaritan gets more than he bargained for ... Tue Dr Martscoff 2
Man charged with assaulting ex-girlfriend - Sen... (Sep '09) Tue Jtn 74
Police: Man found in FSC bathroom arrested - Se... (Dec '08) Tue Tim 17
Fitchburg High, Fitchburg State team up to prov... Tue BillyBob 2
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••