Suit against Fitchburg, police alleges negligence in 2008 death of man

Jul 28, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Worcester Telegram & Gazette

A lawsuit against the city and Fitchburg police was filed in Worcester Superior Court Tuesday alleging negligence led to the death of a 23-year-old Fitchburg man in 2008.

Comments
41 - 60 of 65 Comments Last updated Jul 6, 2013
Mr Hillman

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2011

Judged:

The Insider wrote:
<quoted text>
If they are "innocent until proven guilty" why are they in jail then? Why did they get arrested?
Are you serious? If you are serious then we have a bigger problem than I thought we had. Just ask the guy who just spent 12 yrs in prison for a rape that he didn't commit. The guy who did it just got caught.

There are many innocent people that are convicted. Unfortunately today prosecuters look for conviction over responsibility of the persuit of justice.

The more you write the more it is evident that you are truly lost in life. Did your parents always use labels and generalizations? Do you believe that Police officers have a different DNA than the average person? Do you believe that they are choisen at birth?

Let me ask you, if the officer in lowell did rape that girl ,should he go to jail? Do you feel that Police Officers should be allowed to assault others while off duty without being arrested? Do you feel that an officer should not ever be arrested no matter what?

Do you feel that there are criminal officers within the fPD that do not belong wearing a badge? Do you feel that once a person is given a badge he should never lose it no matter which crimes he commits? Do you believe that officers commit crimes do to stress of the job?
TinkleTinkle Perry Winkle

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2011

Judged:

Readers,

A few posts back I suggested that any of you who are curious about a proven and effective method of beating a DUI or a DWI rap should seek the advice of officer Perry Pappas of the FPD. A man who has first hand expericence in such matters.

I am a little concerned that officer Double P could get an overwhelming volume of requests for this valuable information. So, I need to set a code phrase that only the Fitchburg Topix Forum Readers will be privy to. I will relay this code phrase to Double P; and he in turn, will know that you are one of the TF Readers who are seeking his advice.

The code phrase will be "Tinkle Tinkle, Perry Winkle". Just give me a day or two to get Double P on board with this plan.

Have a great day, Readers!
The Insider

Sandwich, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2011

Judged:

Mr Hillman wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious? If you are serious then we have a bigger problem than I thought we had. Just ask the guy who just spent 12 yrs in prison for a rape that he didn't commit. The guy who did it just got caught.
There are many innocent people that are convicted. Unfortunately today prosecuters look for conviction over responsibility of the persuit of justice.
The more you write the more it is evident that you are truly lost in life. Did your parents always use labels and generalizations? Do you believe that Police officers have a different DNA than the average person? Do you believe that they are choisen at birth?
Let me ask you, if the officer in lowell did rape that girl ,should he go to jail? Do you feel that Police Officers should be allowed to assault others while off duty without being arrested? Do you feel that an officer should not ever be arrested no matter what?
Do you feel that there are criminal officers within the fPD that do not belong wearing a badge? Do you feel that once a person is given a badge he should never lose it no matter which crimes he commits? Do you believe that officers commit crimes do to stress of the job?
Brian, Do you feel that if you got raped the police shouldn't arrest the guy and just let him go free because he is innocent until proven guilty.
Insider

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2011

Judged:

The Insider wrote:
<quoted text>
Brian, Do you feel that if you got raped the police shouldn't arrest the guy and just let him go free because he is innocent until proven guilty.
Brian?? Funny guy you!Let me ask you a question as I believe that you are a male. Have you ever kiss.ed a pickle that you didn't like? This is a yes or no answer. This question is for the male Firefighter or the male cop, whichever you are.
The Insider

Sandwich, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

Insider wrote:
<quoted text>
Brian?? Funny guy you!Let me ask you a question as I believe that you are a male. Have you ever kiss.ed a pickle that you didn't like? This is a yes or no answer. This question is for the male Firefighter or the male cop, whichever you are.
Ahoy sailor ! I wanna kiss your pickle. I love it when you use my name. That tells me you need me and love me. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Civil Servant Supporter

Winchendon, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

TinkleTinkle Perry Winkle wrote:
Readers,
A few posts back I suggested that any of you who are curious about a proven and effective method of beating a DUI or a DWI rap should seek the advice of officer Perry Pappas of the FPD. A man who has first hand expericence in such matters.
I am a little concerned that officer Double P could get an overwhelming volume of requests for this valuable information. So, I need to set a code phrase that only the Fitchburg Topix Forum Readers will be privy to. I will relay this code phrase to Double P; and he in turn, will know that you are one of the TF Readers who are seeking his advice.
The code phrase will be "Tinkle Tinkle, Perry Winkle". Just give me a day or two to get Double P on board with this plan.
Have a great day, Readers!
He's getting nowhere with one cop he hates, so let's see... Oh, yeah, we'll change tack and go after another one. Get a life, Darn Tootin From Behind the Elementary School. It's Sunday, it's beautiful, see if you can have some fun today and forget your woes and measly little existence.
Probation department

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

Civil Servant Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
He's getting nowhere with one cop he hates, so let's see... Oh, yeah, we'll change tack and go after another one. Get a life, Darn Tootin From Behind the Elementary School. It's Sunday, it's beautiful, see if you can have some fun today and forget your woes and measly little existence.
HMM? This could be a couple different people. Is this the person who signed to something that wasn't fact as you took it upon yourself to intervene in a case personally? Or is this the older woman who continues to send small yellow stationary notes to Mr. Lynch from 2001 to the present? Is this Shaky Jaky from the pip shelter?

We would all like to know what influence and position you have in these proceedings?
Civil Servant Supporter

Winchendon, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2011

Judged:

Probation department wrote:
<quoted text>
HMM? This could be a couple different people. Is this the person who signed to something that wasn't fact as you took it upon yourself to intervene in a case personally? Or is this the older woman who continues to send small yellow stationary notes to Mr. Lynch from 2001 to the present? Is this Shaky Jaky from the pip shelter?
We would all like to know what influence and position you have in these proceedings?
I know, all this attention is feeding your narcissistic personality disorder, and I'm sorry for that. This could be many different people, but whomever it is, he or she really cares about his/her city, and the negative effects a couple of whack-job ex-cons are having on the populace. I've seen bulletin boards hijacked before,(as this one has) AND I've seen government hijacked before,(as you are attempting to do at this moment). We won't let you succeed. What's right is right, and fighting you tooth and nail in this hypocrisy is right. Absolutely right. Woe be to Ward 5 if you succeed. It's a good ward, and deserves the best. Not some looney intent on spreading his message of hate and deceit. You can do something beneficial for society. It's certainly not this. Stop the charade, get a job, pay back to society in a meaningful manner, and maybe you can help this city move forward.

Who the frig is 'Shaky Jaky," one of your cellies?
Chuckling with Chuckles

Holliston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2011

Judged:

<quoted text>
I know, all this attention is feeding your narcissistic personality disorder, and I'm sorry for that. This could be many different people, but whomever it is, he or she really cares about his/her city, and the negative effects a couple of whack-job ex-cons are having on the populace. I've seen bulletin boards hijacked before,(as this one has) AND I've seen government hijacked before,(as you are attempting to do at this moment). We won't let you succeed. What's right is right, and fighting you tooth and nail in this hypocrisy is right. Absolutely right. Woe be to Ward 5 if you succeed. It's a good ward, and deserves the best. Not some looney intent on spreading his message of hate and deceit. You can do something beneficial for society. It's certainly not this. Stop the charade, get a job, pay back to society in a meaningful manner, and maybe you can help this city move forward.
Who the frig is 'Shaky Jaky," one of your cellies?
As near as I can tell; if this site did get highjacked it was by you and your pals. I found this site about two and a half years back. I quickly realized that the cops and their faithful supporters were buzzing around here like flies on sh#t. These people were commenting on any and all stories involving crime and the cops; and their message was always basically the same: The cop did no wrong; the cop was the hero; the cop was underpaid; the cop was over worked; anyone questioning the police were automatically wrong and were most likely criminals.

I said to myself "hey, these boobs are using this forum to spew their propaganda". So, I decided to show the Readers the other side of the coin: The sleazebag cop, the criminal cop, the overpaid and underworked cop, etc, etc...

Needless to say, I no sooner started to post; and this same group of people started posting the nonsense that I was a criminal; even though they didn't know me.

The cops just can't function on a level playing field. They are so used to their typical built in advantage over the general public that they lash out blindly at anyone pointing out their shortcomings and wrongdoings. It's predictable.
exempt w no consequences

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Judged:

Hey, if we never hold the officers accountable then they never can point towards a set behavior. Once we set a standard by which officers must conduct themselves then the fun will be over.

We must protect the sense of entitlment to do what we want. We are the police, DUH, what are they going to do to us? We hold the power, it is out turn to break all the laws now.

Hey, the publics trust has been severed for years, why repair it now, after all we feel that over 25% are spanish, and we feel that "they" are usually drug dealers.

why shouldn't we be able to sell drugs? It began with steroids, then pot and coke; "hey we are human also"!

Duh, "COP" Corrupt Officers Protected !!!
I love Cops

Sandwich, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Judged:

Chuckling with Chuckles wrote:
<quoted text>
As near as I can tell; if this site did get highjacked it was by you and your pals. I found this site about two and a half years back. I quickly realized that the cops and their faithful supporters were buzzing around here like flies on sh#t. These people were commenting on any and all stories involving crime and the cops; and their message was always basically the same: The cop did no wrong; the cop was the hero; the cop was underpaid; the cop was over worked; anyone questioning the police were automatically wrong and were most likely criminals.
I said to myself "hey, these boobs are using this forum to spew their propaganda". So, I decided to show the Readers the other side of the coin: The sleazebag cop, the criminal cop, the overpaid and underworked cop, etc, etc...
Needless to say, I no sooner started to post; and this same group of people started posting the nonsense that I was a criminal; even though they didn't know me.
The cops just can't function on a level playing field. They are so used to their typical built in advantage over the general public that they lash out blindly at anyone pointing out their shortcomings and wrongdoings. It's predictable.
I agree. I am gonna show the world of the sleezebag carpenters. The ones whom rip off old ladies. Take 3 hour liquid lunch breaks. Never complete the job although they have already gotten paid. Cut corners so the consumer has to hire another carpenter to hopefully finish the job. They drink where the floors are sticky. They go home and beat up the wives. They leave and pickup hookers. The carpenters cannot function on a level playing field.
get a clue

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Judged:

I love Cops wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I am gonna show the world of the sleezebag carpenters. The ones whom rip off old ladies. Take 3 hour liquid lunch breaks. Never complete the job although they have already gotten paid. Cut corners so the consumer has to hire another carpenter to hopefully finish the job. They drink where the floors are sticky. They go home and beat up the wives. They leave and pickup hookers. The carpenters cannot function on a level playing field.
Really? Most carpenters I know do not drink at all. Many carpenters have college degrees. No carpenter beats his wife as they usually beat the husband and then divorce him and take everything. Carpenters are not materialistic. Carpenters most always give a senior discount and actually do extras for free for the elderly.
You must have carpenters mixed up with the FPD. Even the elderly in Fitchburg do not trust the FPD.
I love Cops

Sandwich, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Judged:

get a clue wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Most carpenters I know do not drink at all. Many carpenters have college degrees. No carpenter beats his wife as they usually beat the husband and then divorce him and take everything. Carpenters are not materialistic. Carpenters most always give a senior discount and actually do extras for free for the elderly.
You must have carpenters mixed up with the FPD. Even the elderly in Fitchburg do not trust the FPD.
Carpenters are evil.
Police officers

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2011

Judged:

If there was an Internal Affairs division within the FPD that held officers accountable then these mistakes would not happen. Is'nt a Lt. suppose to sign off on all situations involving detainees?
Just Facts

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2011

Judged:

get a clue wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right, carpenters have college degrees...keep dreaming sunshine. Yup, you hear about thos discounts all the time. That is why there is even a show on TV where a guy comes in to fix what a carpenter Fed Up, leaving the owner high and dry without any money.
TV carpenter

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2011

Judged:

Nothing makes me feel better than when on a tv show they rebuild someones home who can't afford it. I wish they would come to Fitchburg and help a family who is struggling to pay their bills. When they are done the family will have 5 bedrooms, a home theatre, 5 bathrooms, an olympic size swimming pool with a water slide and kennel for lions and tigers. Oh wait, these people can't even afford their cable bill.
Civil Servant Supporter

Winchendon, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2011

Judged:

Chuckling with Chuckles wrote:
<quoted text>
He owns your soul. You''re even using his name now as a moniker. Why? Because you are consumed.
(You're starting to look like a jilted lover again).
Shrt Wick Steroid induced

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2011

<quoted text>
He owns your soul. You''re even using his name now as a moniker. Why? Because you are consumed.
(You're starting to look like a jilted lover again).
Steroid warning! The use of steroids causes the serious shrinking of the pe nis. Steroids causes "roid rage". You don't need to be a rocket scientist to guess who is on steroids within the FPD!

I wonder if the rage is caused by male impotence or a sub conscious damaged self esteem or self confidence due to erectile disfunction!

What do you think " Civil Servant Supportor"? I bet you are a steroid junkie! So tell us is it true about the short whick?
TV carpenter

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2011

Judged:

My current project I'm working on is Extreme Cleghorn Makeover. I think it will be a hit, first we board up the windows and then all of the neighborhood can pitch in and rip out all of the copper pipes and spray paint the side of the building. This could be big if the networks pick it up.
Chuckling with Chuckles

Holliston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2011

Judged:

Shrt Wick Steroid induced wrote:
<quoted text>
Steroid warning! The use of steroids causes the serious shrinking of the pe nis. Steroids causes "roid rage". You don't need to be a rocket scientist to guess who is on steroids within the FPD!
I wonder if the rage is caused by male impotence or a sub conscious damaged self esteem or self confidence due to erectile disfunction!
What do you think " Civil Servant Supportor"? I bet you are a steroid junkie! So tell us is it true about the short whick?
I am a firm believer in having routine drug tests performed on a regular basis on every last lawman (and law woman) in the country.

These tests should include the use of illegal steroids, cocaine, marijuana, crack cocaine, heroin and illegal prescription drugs.

I don't doubt for a second that damn near every police department in our land has active drug users on it's payroll. And, I don't doubt for a second that some of them are on the FPD.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Fitchburg Forum right now

Search the Fitchburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) 2 hr jimmietsen 4,698
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) 2 hr Dale Craven 1,152
Market Basket ready to hire 5 hr Gomez 1
Can someone tell me who mr greenjeans is ? 6 hr Karen 4
Suicide-prevention motorcycle ride is set for A... 22 hr Njtn 5
FHS cohort attends leadership conference Wed pedro 4
a holes Tue Sonny 12
•••
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••
•••

Fitchburg Jobs

•••