Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Waiting to see the light on Fitchburg streets
Sentinel & Enterprisesenlandenterprise.com
Posted: 12/11/2012 06:30:51 AM EST

I am regretting voting for Lisa Wong's re-election. She made a lot of promises, but I think the most important one she made was to turn more streetlights on in the city.

She has failed to do that. There are some areas, such as the street I live on, Fifth Mass Turnpike, that have no lights from Oak Hill Road to Franklin Road. I am surprised that serious accidents have not occurred. There is a development on Sarah Street off Oak Hill Road that has not one streetlight on the street. Not only no lights but no poles to put lights on. All of their electrical service must be underground. If the occupants didn't put their exterior lights on, it would be a black hole.

Another area is the corner of River and Simonds streets. There was an accident recently that left two pedestrians hospitalized in serious condition. Witnesses on the scene reported that the area is so dark that the driver of the vehicle did not see the people crossing the street. This could have been prevented if enough lighting was available.

There are areas of the city that, in my opinion, are overlit, such as Main Street in the downtown and all along North Street in the Fitchburg State University area. The lighting in both of these areas are paid for by us, the taxpayers of the city. The university is slowly taking over the city. They purchase a prime piece of land on the corner of Main and North streets and planted grass there. That property could have housed a business or multiple businesses that

----------

Advertisement

----------
would bring revenue to the city. All of the places that the university owns are tax-exempt, which means they pay no taxes to the city and we have to make it up in our property taxes.
I know that I have touched on two problems that we have, and there are many more, but I will save them for another time.

I would appreciate it if my fellow Fitchburg residents would make their feelings known.

PAT FRANCOEUR

Fitchburg

Editor's note: Fitchburg State University pays for 50 percenent of the lights on North Street.

Read more: http://www.sentinelandenterprise.com/letters/...
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

This situation is a combination of unethical relationships, Politics and total irresponsibility. It encompasses a situation that involves the Mayor, FSU and the Sentinel. All three watching each others back. When Antonucci who is on the board of the trustees at Unitil told the Mayor to "jump to put the lights on in the college area", the Mayor only answered back "how high". This is not leadership as much as it is scratching Antonuccis back.

The Sentinel as in this situation also had to add their little "editors note". Like the Sentinels "free advertising for Senator Brown" this once again shows the irresponsibility of the newspaper. There is a relationship here between these three that is not an example of democracy. This is the modern day "good ole boy network" within Fitchburg. All three have been very clear in reference to their allegiance between the three.

I have been requesting for all these lights to be turned back on for safety reasons. It is obvious that a few deaths due to lights out is acceptable. I have been writing to the Mayor in reference to the University issues and she has TOTALLY ignored legitimate and serious situations. The voters have to write to their state leaders in order to get attention. Reach out to other reps in the state explaining the "good ole boy network" obstacle to getting anything done for the citizens within Fitchburg.

Fitchburg BELONGS TO THE CITIZENS OF FITCHBURG !!!! The Sentinel has allowed poor behaviors and irresponsibility to be the mantel for the Mayor and FSU by protecting this mantle through their newspaper. This is irresponsible as the paper should lose their standing as a newspaper as they are becoming a skewed bulletin for the interests of a few over the interests of the Fitchburg people.

Specifically I recall the Mayoral elections where the editor acted irresponsible and unethical concerning the race for Mayor. And more recently the article concerning the partying of FSU students as the Sentinel in front of all to read protected FSU as they allowed the unaccountability being portrayed by the reps of FSU. In other words FSU acted dumb and actually falsely stated that there were no problems in the FSU area concerning students and the Sentinel clearly allowed this clear FALSE statement.

Yes, there is freedom of speech but when FSU's Antonucci and the Sentinel's St.Armand (editor) hold and participate directly in Mayoral debates then the public as well as the States Ethics commission should examine this relationship.

I have questions concerning properties in the University area. I want more questions to be asked. In Boston their was an unethical transfer of properties to BU which was a private institution. The relationship within Fitchburg is between city and state interests which is just as concerning.

Why has the city been giving city owned properties away to both FSU and private builders who have built housing for these students? This takes away from the residents of Fitchburg who pay property tax and rent to students. Then the change in Zoning allowing the University control of Fitchburg streets. I went to open a business on north street. I wrote the Mayor and spoke to other city departments as I was researching and building my business plan. I was shocked to learn of the Universities control over my business interests. No state University should have control of private businesses!!!

These clear acts of power grabbing and control is alarming in Fitchburg and should be examined. Usually a newspaper takes on this responsibility by holding these city and state interests accountable but in Fitchburg The Sentinel is in lock step with the Mayor and FSU to the clear point of protectionism of these two interests.
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

I would like to expand on what I meant about the relations between BU and the Mayors 'office in Boston! The Mayor of Boston GAVE massive amounts of property to BU. Research this fact and you will be shocked. We had official paperwork that outlined the transfers. They are still part of the record. Then BU hires the former Mayor as a board of trustee at the University. We need to examine Fitchburg's property transfers as well!! This is a very serious situation. Then you will also want to question the Mayors decision for the planning board override and exemptions made specifically for FSU concerning city by laws and rules of process that EVERY other citizen of Fitchburg MUST FOLLOW.

Fitchburg is unique as Fitchburg has the ONLY paper involved in these unethical allowances of abuse of power. This is the connection that allows Fitchburg to continue to be corrupt concerning abuse of power ect.. The newspaper is a very powerful outlet.

I have been vocal on all these issues as I have called for open dialogue on these situations. I have written to theStates' ethic commission as they showed concern and began to investigate matters. The FSU inappropriately barred me from participating in any politics at the University. This is an abuse of power which is clear. The University has a VERY powerful law firm that protects their interests.

I have contacted this law firm by mail and phone. They are powerful which also is protection improperly of FSU. They know that I am right as they will not challenge me on my points. They see that I cannot afford an attorney to match their skill so they continue to not address the Universitys' wrongful behaviors.

Believe me when I tell you that there are MAJOR problems within Fitchburg concerning the "good ole boy network". Yes,they ILLEGALLY and UNETHICALLY barred me from the University property so that they can minimize my free speech. They ILLEGALLY and IMPROPERLY fired my brother from his employment at the University! The Sentinel DIRECTLY acted unethical in not allowing my free speech concerning remarks FALSELY made by Chief Demoura. They controlled free speech by disallowing my rebuke of these TOTALLY FALSE STATEMENTS MADE BY THE CHIEF OF POLICE.

There are local judges within this network. Fitchburg has a serious problem concerning corruption. Lets have open discussions!!! The Sentinel is wrongfully controlling free speech! How do you address Mr. St. Armand in open dialogue besides these blogs? What is the outlet? I have written to their parent newspaper.

These three Fitchburg interests know that I am right and that my accusations have a lot of merit. They shun away from open dialogue. The only way for them to deal with me is corruptly!! They control my free speech and they fire my brother. They allow corruption against me to take place. They know that I know a lot more that I have never mentioned as I am awaiting there next moves concerning certain situations. I have contacted news organizations and the justice department concerning these other situations.

The FBI is also aware of my every move. It takes guts to challenge these powerful people. They have utilized their tentacles against me. This is why I am public about all these situations. I encourage EVERY citizen of Fitchburg to write the AG and to write the justice department concerning these unethical situations. It is not right and IT DOES not happen everywhere as they want you to think in order to discourage you from reporting them. The justice department is experienced in these situations as they have recently taken over cities in order to weed out corruption. These individuals such as judges, editors, University presidents, Mayors and other city department heads begin to feel very powerful and they are very powerful asI have experienced some disturbing civil rights violations by all of these individuals against me.

I encourage people such as Pat Francoeur to run for Mayor of Fitchburg.
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

There is also a very serious breach concerning soldiers of this "good ole boy network". Again I called 911 as my father wasn't breathing, turned white as a sheet,both face and arms pure white got dizzy and had uncharacteristic sweats. I was bounced around the system, I awaited an ambulance that was just two blocks to arrive, no sirens, no immediate response and an extremely slow crawling exit out of the ambulance that was just sitting out front.

I thought that my father was either dead or within minutes of being dead. I have dealt with such treatment first hand as I was denied assistance due to who I was. Yes, this is scary as I had to transport my friend to the hospital myself out of this fear, he spent three days in a coma. Another time it was my mother in which some on here actually posted about the incident. My mother spent roughly 6 weeks in rehab after this incident.

This DOES NOT HAPPEN ELSEWHERE! This "good ole boy network" has been able to completely run Fitchburg for decades through corruption and it was never addressed nor exposed until I ran for Mayor.

I will be requesting a FULL investigation of the 911 system within Fitchburg. We need to begin to rethink and reorganize Fitchburg out of public safety concerns. We have members of our public safety commenting on this forum in ways only described as RACIST. This is concerning as they also have been labeling due to who you are and what economic class that you are part of.

I will testify under oath concerning all these situations. Enough is enough as it is not stopping concerning 911 system. No one got fired because I DID NOT PURSUE FOR THEM TO BE FIRED DUE TO CORRUPTION AND UNETHICAL TREATMENT. I am beginning to seriously regretting this decision. I will be asking for a conference with emergency services within Fitchburg concerning these situations.

I will state clearly that I have been told by law enforcement, court officials and others that they supported me fully as this "good ole boy network" has been an unspoken problem within Fitchburg for a long time and everyone is FULLY AWARE of it.

I will challenge members of the 911 directly now that YES thereis CORRUPTION within their services! Lets have open discussions on the facts!!!
Cuckoos Nest

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Just the time it takes for you to post these you could have been out working and earning a pay ! The taxpayers are paying for you to post these comments.

Now that is a waste of the taxpayer's dime !

I want to know why someone can sit and post extended comments but cannot hold a job in an office working on a computer doing the same kind of work?

I shouldn't have to pay for them with my hard earned money! I will be calling for an investigation.
Bug juice

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Could you please explain how the sentinel violated your right? I have written numerous letters to the editor about things that have no been published, is that a violation of my rights? If you were so concerned about the remarks made about you, I'm sure you were more then welcome to take out and add to get your message heard... That's what normal citizens and mayoral candidates must do. Are you someone special who doesn't have to play by the same rules as everyone else? Last time I checked the sentinel was a for profit company and as such has the RIGHT to chose what they would like to print based on what sells. Take out an add and they will print what ever you want that add to say!
Cuckoos Nest

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Bug juice wrote:
Could you please explain how the sentinel violated your right? I have written numerous letters to the editor about things that have no been published, is that a violation of my rights? If you were so concerned about the remarks made about you, I'm sure you were more then welcome to take out and add to get your message heard... That's what normal citizens and mayoral candidates must do. Are you someone special who doesn't have to play by the same rules as everyone else? Last time I checked the sentinel was a for profit company and as such has the RIGHT to chose what they would like to print based on what sells. Take out an add and they will print what ever you want that add to say!
I called the Sentinel and yes, they will print whatever you want as long as you are willing to pay. So no one can say their rights were violated.

This is a private company and if the editor or owners want to print their own views they can do so too.

Channel 5 news sometimes gives a comment from the editor at the end of their broadcast about issues that affect them and possibly other people. And yes, they are giving their opinion and that doesn't mean everyone will agree with it but again they are a private company too.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Do they accept food stamps?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Lynch, is this rant part of a chapter in one of your books? I'm not a big fan of fiction but I'm sure you could probably get an X-con or two to buy it. How's that campaign of yours coming along? Haven't seen you out there much working it. When is your next campaign event?
Barney Fwank

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

I like playin in the dark
if you know what I meen
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Cuckoos Nest wrote:
Just the time it takes for you to post these you could have been out working and earning a pay ! The taxpayers are paying for you to post these comments.
Now that is a waste of the taxpayer's dime !
I want to know why someone can sit and post extended comments but cannot hold a job in an office working on a computer doing the same kind of work?
I shouldn't have to pay for them with my hard earned money! I will be calling for an investigation.
From Insider to Cuckos nest?
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Bug juice wrote:
Then obviously you have no clue in reference to ethics. For one the Chief of police is a government job. I believe thathe contributed financially to the Mayors campaign,it is illegal to improperly/lie about a candidate from your official position.

Such a serious allegation made by the Chief of police directly after a campaign forum, the Sentinel displayed bias as they refused to print my reply. I was in direct contact with the editor who sponsered the forum and Mayoral debates.

As I mentioned it is the triangle which is the Sentinel, the Mayor and Antonucci. It is plain for everyone in Fitchburg to see.
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

By the end of the Mayors term she will have rezoned half of Fitchburg under FSUs control!

So,if you want to open up a business in these areas you have to go in front of a FSU board. Controll over private property and city owned land?
Dexter

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Lynch seems to make alot of sense.
Lynch for Mayor

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

I feel that we need a recall of Mayor Wong. From the total ignorant ignorance over the bright blue light on Cedar street to the constant negligence over the street lights!

I encourage more residents to challenge the mayor.

I have other specifics that include ethics violations to add to the recall. Enough is enough!

She is the Mayor of FSU only! She gives property to contractors to build housing for FSU but ignores the property owners in the area who pay taxes.

I wrote the Mayor in reference to Water street being dangerously dark! A street she has labeled as the gateway to the city.
There was two accidents involving police cruisers in this area. These are trained drivers.

We all knew that there would be deaths over this street lights issues. It is irresponsible and pure negligence of the Mayor.
Cuckoos Nest

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Lynch for Mayor wrote:
I feel that we need a recall of Mayor Wong. From the total ignorant ignorance over the bright blue light on Cedar street to the constant negligence over the street lights!
I encourage more residents to challenge the mayor.
I have other specifics that include ethics violations to add to the recall. Enough is enough!
She is the Mayor of FSU only! She gives property to contractors to build housing for FSU but ignores the property owners in the area who pay taxes.
I wrote the Mayor in reference to Water street being dangerously dark! A street she has labeled as the gateway to the city.
There was two accidents involving police cruisers in this area. These are trained drivers.
We all knew that there would be deaths over this street lights issues. It is irresponsible and pure negligence of the Mayor.
Who did she give property too It wasn't the student housing on Willow St. because that was privately owned and is still a privately operated entity. It has no connections to FSU.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Lynch, does being banned from FSU property mean you will be using Skype at the next FSU sponsored Fitchburg Mayoral event?

http://www.sentinelandenterprise.com/local/ci...

FSU earns praise, renewed accreditation through '22

FITCHBURG -- Fitchburg State University's accreditation with the New England Association of Schools and Colleges has been renewed through 2022.

NEASC Chairman Richard L. Pattenaude, in a letter informing FSU President Robert Antonucci of the association's decision, described the university as a forward-looking institution, committed to excellence and investing in its facilities and community under the leadership of Antonucci and a committed board of trustees.

Pattenaude commended FSU's "widespread discussions among the campus community (that) became the basis for the university's mission statement, vision statement, core values, and the goals and objectives" of the school's strategic plan, and said "the university is positioned for future success."

"The president and his team has led to a renewed pride in and excitement about the institution and that a committed and qualified board of trustees and alumni firmly and enthusiastically support the university," Pattenaude said in the letter.

In March, FSU underwent a comprehensive evaluation visit by NEASC's Commission on Institutions of Higher Education -- through which the school has been accredited since 1953 -- followed by a year and a half of self-study by university faculty, administrators, students and staff.

"The NEASC accreditation review was a thorough and demanding process, in which we incorporated all campus constituencies to take a long, hard look at ourselves, chronicling our strengths as well as areas for improvement," Antonucci said in a press release. "I am proud that NEASC has awarded us their longest term of accreditation."
Pattenaude's letter to Antonucci, in its entirety, can be viewed online at fitchburgstate.edu/about-us/accreditation/nea... .
Dexter

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

FSU is doing alot to help the city move forward. Also kudos to the campus police who try and keep out the unsavory types. You know, middle aged trouble makers with long criminal records who pose a threat to students and faculty.

For example, who's to say that if a faculty member doesn't park perfectly some psycho living off campus won't assault him or her and threaten his or her family? It happens in Fitchburg and it is scarey.

I like the idea that the college has an influence on what kind of business moves into the city and I'm happy that something like Kev and Daves slightly used dildos could never be one of them.
Cuckoos Nest

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

The civic center would have closed, a new softball field was constructed at coolidge park. North street was cleaned up. A privately owned old mill building was developed for the college students.

This is called development centered around a valuable asset that Fitchburg has and that is the college. There will always be residents that oppose college development especially in the vicinity of the college but that is normal for communities that have colleges.

A city will not hold back development that can help the city as a whole than to stop it for a small area of residents that oppose it. If a city did this then there would not be a shopping mall in Leominster, Industrial parks in West Fitchburg and even Rte.2 would have never been constructed.

FSU is not any different than any other college. I rather see my tax dollars coming back into the city thru the college than go to another college based city.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Cuckoos Nest wrote:
The civic center would have closed, a new softball field was constructed at coolidge park. North street was cleaned up. A privately owned old mill building was developed for the college students.
This is called development centered around a valuable asset that Fitchburg has and that is the college. There will always be residents that oppose college development especially in the vicinity of the college but that is normal for communities that have colleges.
A city will not hold back development that can help the city as a whole than to stop it for a small area of residents that oppose it. If a city did this then there would not be a shopping mall in Leominster, Industrial parks in West Fitchburg and even Rte.2 would have never been constructed.
FSU is not any different than any other college. I rather see my tax dollars coming back into the city thru the college than go to another college based city.
What more could you expect from someone who's been banned from the college property? And he's a neighbor and x-con wanna-be Mayor to boot. Can you picture this nut case’s next Mayoral campaign effort?

The Mayor, the City Council and the license commission, the Police Chief, the FPD/FFD/LPD/LFP, the State Police, the Judges and courts, the Worcester HOC, the College President, the Campus PD, The S&E and the 911 system are ALL corrupt. It’s the “good ole boy” network and I’m here to turn on the lights and save this city, VOTE for me!

Only in the Burg!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••
•••

Fitchburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fitchburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE