The left could take lessons in civility from the Tea Party

Aug 31, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

Monday evening at Fitchburg State University the three candidates running for Mayor of Fitchburg Massachusetts gathered for a candidates forum .

Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Sep 30, 2011
Lynch for Mayor

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2011

Judged:

I want to thank the twin city tea party for organizing this event. They were extremely professional, friendly and very courteous. The forum was well organized by the twin city tea party organization.

I enjoyed being able to be part of this forum as I feel that many issues were placed on the table for discussion.

I really enjoyed speaking to, answering questions and listening to all the citizens of Fitchburg that were in attendance.

I wish all the candidates the best of luck.

Cleghorn Dave

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2011

Judged:

I'm sorry. I watched the videos and Wong clearly was the star. It is obvious she really knows what's going on in the city and didn't need notes to get her point across. She may be a small woman but she has big expectations for herself and our city.
Get Real

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2011

Judged:

Go to the article...
ahha, All Tea Party members are gracious and civil and peaceful BUT, All "left" are freeloaders and lazy unamerican terrorist suporter slobs huh?
"windows are smashed, the place is a litter-covered disaster area when it's over, people with opposing views get threatened with violence from the podium, and if any Tea Party supporters are identified nearby, they get beat up and harassed"
"The left are animals/It is because they have been allowed to continue on as brute animals in past decades that they feel quite comfortable in attacking other citizens"
"the freeloaders are scared of the Tea Party, like children are of their parents when they have been doing wrong and about to get punished"
"but knew nothing about the demos beating people; it's like nobody wants to report the left's violence or something"
"Hate is the only message the Democrats have, because they have nothing rational to say. Just a lust for power"
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2010-10-26/ne...
You people are full of it. It's nice you had a successful event. It's not so nice you can't bring yourselves to give anyone else the fair shot at being citizens you demand!

“I'm a Fitchburger and Proud ”

Since: Jan 08

Fitchburg ( of course)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2011

Judged:

Get Real wrote:
Go to the article...
ahha, All Tea Party members are gracious and civil and peaceful BUT, All "left" are freeloaders and lazy unamerican terrorist suporter slobs huh?
"windows are smashed, the place is a litter-covered disaster area when it's over, people with opposing views get threatened with violence from the podium, and if any Tea Party supporters are identified nearby, they get beat up and harassed"
"The left are animals/It is because they have been allowed to continue on as brute animals in past decades that they feel quite comfortable in attacking other citizens"
"the freeloaders are scared of the Tea Party, like children are of their parents when they have been doing wrong and about to get punished"
"but knew nothing about the demos beating people; it's like nobody wants to report the left's violence or something"
"Hate is the only message the Democrats have, because they have nothing rational to say. Just a lust for power"
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2010-10-26/ne...
You people are full of it. It's nice you had a successful event. It's not so nice you can't bring yourselves to give anyone else the fair shot at being citizens you demand!
"There are none so blind as they that WILL not see". The Tea Bagger cultists are seeking to raise an armed insurrection with their "2nd Amendment Remedies...or booing a Gay Iraq war veteran, applauding when Ron Paul said that 30 yr old uninsured people should "DIE" if they choose to be uninsured... "that's the chance that they take". These are just a few of the examples of a "rational and selfless" Tea Bagger Cultists (final) solutions. How good and kind is it to strip away the safety nets that these people have come to expect (and paid for)from the RICHEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD! Yes there is a lot of hate for people that profess that institutionally helping the elderly, weak and the poor is a folly and that they should help themselves. Yes there is a lot of well earned hatred for the greedy and bigoted TEA BAGGER CULT and it's misguided followers. Smarten up and see things for what they are. When "job Creators" are firing people en mass (sic) as their ridiculously massive wealth grows exponentially, is a gas lighting of America by the FILTHY rich and and their ignorant Tea Bagger cultist blind followers. If you make 250,000$ a year and you are worried that taxes will take you down, then you are hate worthy. Lust for Power? Power is a two way street unless you are a tea bagger cultist leader or financier. Then it's the Kock Bros Way Or The "you don't deserve a voice" Libertardian way!!

Hate and an overwhelming despair over who this country is being sold to are two different things. RE-ELECT OBAMA FOR PRESIDENT in 2012 to save our country from becoming THEIR (Republiscams, libertardians and their bought and paid for TEA BAGGER CULTISTS) kingdom!

Fitchburg ( of course)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2011

And when, by the way, have you gotten the info that Tea Bagger Cultist are being beaten up? The only Beat down I remember is the young Democratic women had her HEAD STEPPED ON at a fascist Ran Paul Rally by the state Tea Bagger Leader? http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/...
Sonny la douche

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2011

No worse than the Black Panthers intimidating voters at polling stations.
Repubes are going to win the WH. Obama is fuckung up all over the place. I hope Hillary decides to abandon ship and run against him just like Ted did against Carter. Even Bill Clinton is speaking ill of Obamaand his presidency.
The Insider

Centerville, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2011

Judged:

Cleghorn Dave wrote:
I'm sorry. I watched the videos and Wong clearly was the star. It is obvious she really knows what's going on in the city and didn't need notes to get her point across. She may be a small woman but she has big expectations for herself and our city.
Wong would most likely be voted back in. Everyone thought Solimito could be the answer but instead he became the typical politician by stating that he will give the residents everything they have been asking for. We all know that cannot be done because there is not enough money.

Anyone and everyone has been stating the same issues that Solimito has been using in his campaign so it is nothing new. He hasn't stated where and how he will get those funds to accomplish this. It was good to have campaign signs but he over did it and that will make a candidate seem desparate to become Mayor and that will raise some red flags about his real intentions (all the money going to the police maybe?).

He did have coffee gatherings in all the wards and the postcards was the usual norm for a running candidate. But he never stated why he would give up his lucrative law practice that he worked many decades for to take a paycut and become Mayor. Usually its the other way a Mayor will move on and take a better paying job as a lawyer or CEO for a large company.

Fitchburg ( of course)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2011

Sonny la douche wrote:
Repubes are going to win the WH. Obama is fuckung up all over the place. I hope Hillary decides to abandon ship and run against him just like Ted did against Carter. Even Bill Clinton is speaking ill of Obamaand his presidency.
Keep dreaming, although you will eventually wake up to the realization that you have been supporters of nothing less than fascism and eventual genocide... this country in the wrong hands (Tea Bagger Cultists and their right wing ilk)will become the horror, thought never to happen again, that was nazi Germany! One only has to forget history (or revise it)to repeat it. With all the glorification of nazi evil on the history channel and others it is easy to see why the right wing has adopted so much of the nomenclature ("homeland" security, Enhanced interrogation techniques) as their rallying cries! It's time for people of good conscience to rise up and end this evil before it can get unstoppable. We can, with our votes, make sure that these radical fringe element don't steer us into the abyss!

TEA BAGGER CULTIST please come back to the fold of the reasonable and Sane. There is time to save your self from the Armageddon these radicals are seeking to bring about. Stamp out the hate and isolation, Come back to us, we miss you! It's never a good thing to be on the wrong side of history!

Fitchburg ( of course)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2011

Sonny la douche wrote:
Once again another baseless lie to fling like so much monkey pooh. Prove your allegations Liar! before you spew anymore crap from your piehole!
Gary

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2011

Carrying a gun to a debate is being civil?
Since when is intimidation by gun civil?
And the racist posters.
And the disruptive hollering.

The only lesson to take away from the tea party terrorists is one of aggressive, un-American rudeness.
Go Duke

Fort Bragg, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2011

sonny brisebois wrote:
<quoted text>Keep dreaming, although you will eventually wake up to the realization that you have been supporters of nothing less than fascism and eventual genocide... this country in the wrong hands (Tea Bagger Cultists and their right wing ilk)will become the horror, thought never to happen again, that was nazi Germany! One only has to forget history (or revise it)to repeat it. With all the glorification of nazi evil on the history channel and others it is easy to see why the right wing has adopted so much of the nomenclature ("homeland" security, Enhanced interrogation techniques) as their rallying cries! It's time for people of good conscience to rise up and end this evil before it can get unstoppable. We can, with our votes, make sure that these radical fringe element don't steer us into the abyss!
TEA BAGGER CULTIST please come back to the fold of the reasonable and Sane. There is time to save your self from the Armageddon these radicals are seeking to bring about. Stamp out the hate and isolation, Come back to us, we miss you! It's never a good thing to be on the wrong side of history!
Who knew there were dumb people in MA? Thanks for the laugh.
Getflushed

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2011

I note with some trepidation those bring up the new Black Panthers without mentioning their recorded special education meetings for children, teaching them how to actually behead infidels (the enemies of keeping women as slaves.) Does the Liberal/Leftist/Communist inspired media report on this? Hell no!
Second Amendment right

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2011

Gary wrote:
Carrying a gun to a debate is being civil?
Since when is intimidation by gun civil?
And the racist posters.
And the disruptive hollering.
The only lesson to take away from the tea party terrorists is one of aggressive, un-American rudeness.
I carry a gun! Are you intimidated by that and are you calling me un-civil? Because if you are, then I will always carry my gun.
Oh brother

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2011

"Does the Liberal/Leftist/Communist inspired media report on this? Hell no!"

What a joke! They run with every Breitbart inspired drummed up non-controversy, every Tea party gathering gets treated like the second coming of Jesus and are owned 95% by right wing ex-nixon sleazbags and wall street!

Just because you say it, doesn't make it true.
testing

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2011

Which commie leftist liberal media outlet is exposing this?

"And it fits in quite well with this newer tactic:

No government shutdown. No workers forced to take unpaid furlough. No additional blow to our struggling economy. Another crisis averted. Right?
Not quite.

Congressional Republicans may not be replicating the disastrous shutdown strategy of their Newt Gingrich-led predecessors from two decades ago, but they are slyly executing the next worst thing: forcing our government to lurch from one near-crisis to the next.

The summer debt limit deal only kept our government open until the end of this month. Today's deal only keeps the doors open until November.

The only thing uncertain about what will happen in November is what penny-ante excuse will Republicans come up with to make the next compromise take as long as possible and rattle as many nerves as possible.

Why do congressional Republicans bother with this charade?

Because instead of getting blamed for brazenly provoking completely dysfunctional government, the GOP is betting that subtly creating barely functioning government will frustrate the public while deflecting the blame towards the President.
Congressional Republicans know that taking the government to the brink of shutdown every few months will do nothing for the people but keep the lights on, at a time when the public is demanding bold action to solve the jobs crisis.

Making government look impotent and silly serves the anti-government agenda of the modern Republican quite nicely.

These are the same Republicans that cried "Uncertainty!" every time that the last Democratic Congress tried to solve a tough problem that weighed down our economy, like rising health care costs or reckless banker behavior.

Yet now they actively try to sow uncertainty whether our government will be able to pay its debt obligations or keep its doors open.

The more they make the government look like a hopeless, corrupt clown show, the better off they are.

I expect it would be a bit easier if the Village media weren't so anxious to jump on every manufactured tid-bit from the right wing noise machine, but I've pretty much given up on them. They are addicted to phony corruption scandals.(The real ones, not so much.)"

DDAY

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Fitchburg Forum right now

Search the Fitchburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
boycotting new market basket prices 2 hr Mr greenjeans 20
a holes Thu Esteban Ortega 2
Police: Woman robbed Cumberland Farms in Fitchb... Wed Jtn 1
Manager: 'It could be empty tomorrow' Wed Jtn 3
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Jul 22 John 4,692
Fitchburg officer charged with drunken driving ... (Nov '10) Jul 21 Pajama People 50
Fitchburg mural honors environmentalist Marion ... Jul 20 Pajama People 6
•••
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••
•••

Fitchburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fitchburg People Search