Twelve jurors selected for Drew Peterson trial

Posted in the Fitchburg Forum

Unaccountables

Fitchburg, MA

#1 Jul 24, 2012
Twelve jurors selected for Drew Peterson trial

By Lauren Petty and Natalie Martinez, NBCChicago.com

Will County Sheriff's Office / AP file

Drew Peterson, shown in a 2009 booking photo.

Jury selection appears to be one thing going quickly in Drew Peterson's murder trial.

Follow @NBCNewsUS

A jury of 12 was selected before noon Tuesday, the second day of selection. Eight jurors were picked during 12 hours of vetting on Monday. At least one of them lives in Bolingbrook, Ill. and one of them is a recent graduate of Bolingbrook High School.

Alternates must now be chosen.

----------

See the original report at NBCChicago.com

The vetting of potential jurors began after the former Bolingbrook police sergeant waited more than three years in jail following his arrest in the death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio. Savio's body was found in a dry bathtub in 2004 in the midst of an ugly divorce.


Advertise | AdChoices


"Good morning ladies and gentlemen," Peterson said Monday as an introduction to the jury pool. "I'm Mr. Peterson."

The jury pool has remained in a holding pattern since they were chosen two years ago and told by a judge to avoid watching or reading anything about the Peterson case. One potential juror Monday admitted to watching the Lifetime movie, "Drew Peterson: Untouchable."

Related: Jury selection kicks of for trial of ex-cop Drew Peterson
getajob

Petersham, MA

#2 Jul 24, 2012
Unaccountables wrote:
Twelve jurors selected for Drew Peterson trial
By Lauren Petty and Natalie Martinez, NBCChicago.com
Will County Sheriff's Office / AP file
Drew Peterson, shown in a 2009 booking photo.
Jury selection appears to be one thing going quickly in Drew Peterson's murder trial.
Follow @NBCNewsUS
A jury of 12 was selected before noon Tuesday, the second day of selection. Eight jurors were picked during 12 hours of vetting on Monday. At least one of them lives in Bolingbrook, Ill. and one of them is a recent graduate of Bolingbrook High School.
Alternates must now be chosen.
----------
See the original report at NBCChicago.com
The vetting of potential jurors began after the former Bolingbrook police sergeant waited more than three years in jail following his arrest in the death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio. Savio's body was found in a dry bathtub in 2004 in the midst of an ugly divorce.
Advertise | AdChoices
"Good morning ladies and gentlemen," Peterson said Monday as an introduction to the jury pool. "I'm Mr. Peterson."
The jury pool has remained in a holding pattern since they were chosen two years ago and told by a judge to avoid watching or reading anything about the Peterson case. One potential juror Monday admitted to watching the Lifetime movie, "Drew Peterson: Untouchable."
Related: Jury selection kicks of for trial of ex-cop Drew Peterson
don't u have anything at all better to do than dig up articles on a small amount of law enforcement that have commmitted crimes?
Too funny

Fitchburg, MA

#3 Jul 25, 2012
How can you say "unaccountable" when the guy has been sitting in jail awaiting trial for years. Hell be found guilty and is/will be held accountable.

Your argument doesn't hold water.
Nope

Leominster, MA

#4 Jul 25, 2012
It may sound pathetic but all he does is try to find ways to bad mouth police. It's sort of funny because you can read the police blotter in say the S&E about all of the sick crimes the real criminals commit and he always will try to blame it on the cop.

You will read in the paper about someone beating his girlfriend, stabbing her brother with a knife and stealing her car. But Lynch will give you his version.

Yesterday the cops beat a woman impounded her car and planted fake evidence on an innocent man.
huh

Petersham, MA

#5 Jul 25, 2012
Nope wrote:
It may sound pathetic but all he does is try to find ways to bad mouth police. It's sort of funny because you can read the police blotter in say the S&E about all of the sick crimes the real criminals commit and he always will try to blame it on the cop.
You will read in the paper about someone beating his girlfriend, stabbing her brother with a knife and stealing her car. But Lynch will give you his version.
Yesterday the cops beat a woman impounded her car and planted fake evidence on an innocent man.
I am waiting for him to work it in that the police caused him to commit murder. At least he has gone from lying and saying "I am not THAT Kevin Lynch" to now admitting it was him, but lying about the circumstances in which he murdered that young man.(who btw was considered a BIG BROTHER to the neighborhood kids.)
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#6 Jul 25, 2012
Too funny wrote:
How can you say "unaccountable" when the guy has been sitting in jail awaiting trial for years. Hell be found guilty and is/will be held accountable.
Your argument doesn't hold water.
There is no argument stated. If I was to make an argument for unaccountability then I would begin by stating that if the case was properly investigated and not avoided because he was an officer then maybe his last wife wouldn't have gone missing.

And another thing, I believe that he will be found not guilty as the evidence is very weak against him.
trippy

Natick, MA

#7 Jul 28, 2012
Nope wrote:
It may sound pathetic but all he does is try to find ways to bad mouth police. It's sort of funny because you can read the police blotter in say the S&E about all of the sick crimes the real criminals commit and he always will try to blame it on the cop.

You will read in the paper about someone beating his girlfriend, stabbing her brother with a knife and stealing her car. But Lynch will give you his version.

Yesterday the cops beat a woman impounded her car and planted fake evidence on an innocent man.
ya but our police officers hold a higher standard than a regular criminal. I'm flat he rats them out. Maybe that why the city is in the condition it's in
Civil Servant Supporter

Winchendon, MA

#8 Jul 28, 2012
trippy wrote:
<quoted text>
ya but our police officers hold a higher standard than a regular criminal. I'm flat he rats them out. Maybe that why the city is in the condition it's in
And what condition IS the city in? You're an arrogant naysayer who thinks she's smarter than everyone else.

What have you done for Fitchburg lately? Oh, that's right, you don't even live here.
Oh Really

Fitchburg, MA

#9 Jul 29, 2012
trippy wrote:
<quoted text>
ya but our police officers hold a higher standard than a regular criminal. I'm flat he rats them out. Maybe that why the city is in the condition it's in
Not sure where you're from, but in Fitchburg, we don't hold our regular criminals to any standard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where is Kevin Lynch? 3 hr joe lynch 32
Fake charges against Lynch were DISMISSED 5 hr joe lynch 78
Lynch request for court case to be brought forw... (Jul '13) 6 hr The True Story 141
Criminal justice system's 'dark secret' (Mar '13) 8 hr Tammy 17
The Roys Capture 4th Consecutive ICM Bluegrass ... 9 hr BillyBob 38
Ex-Realtor charged with allegedly bilking clien... (Jun '09) Dec 19 pedro 15
lynch for mayor 2014 (Apr '12) Dec 19 BillyBob 341

Fitchburg News Video

Fitchburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Fitchburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fitchburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fitchburg

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:58 am PST