Children can Trick or Treat on Main Street this year on Hallowe...

Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

Fitchburg children looking for a safe place to trick-or-treat this Halloween, can participate in Trick-or -Treat on Main street Halloween afternoon from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., according to David Thibault-Munoz, Director of Twin Cities CDC, the agency that does community organizing for Fitchburg and Leominster.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
fedupwithpolitic ians

North Brunswick, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

Safe trick or treating on Main St. ok kids here have a needle or do see one of those street walkers for a special treat
why not use coolidge park nice open area and set up some games for the kids instead of Drug alley
Just me

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

I think it is a great idea to have them do this, being some positive light to downtown. The hours are between 1pm and 4pm still during the daylight hours. I think the businesses that are left in this area will enjoy it too.
Lewis Chamberlain

Windham, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

Judged:

thank you Lisa Wong for messing up trick or treat time for my daughter . I am so glad that you have the residence best interest at heart . Maybe if you put afew street lights on our city would be safe . why don't we just close Fitchburg at dusk that way we can lay off the rest of the police and shut off all the lights .
Just me

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

I'm not for Wong at all, but how did she mess it up.........the trick or treating time for the rest of the city is 5pm - 7pm.....what is the matter with that?
Flatlander

Charlestown, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

Get over it, Lewis! 1-4 downtown or 5-7 throughout the city. Doesn't sound messed up to me.
a fitchburg taxpayer

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

Judged:

Hey Lewis cry me a river build a bridge and get over it.PERIOD1111111111111111111
Mike

Needham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

Has Wong found enough money to send extra police officers out at 7:05PM to arrest those out-of-bounds trick or treaters?
I know it was probably a word chosen by the S&E writer, it just sounds bad to "enforce" times on trick or treaters.
Lewis Chamberlain

Windham, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

for 20 years Fitchburg had trick or treat 6pm to 8pm . Its dark children use glowsticks thats part of trick or treat you can't use glowsticks when its light out . as for the pizza maker as you call him . he is a man of his word , he is a hard worker . he is a resident of Fitchburg for life not just for a Job. when he is not workining you will find him in Fitchburg spending money here making memories here. Lisa spends very little time in Fitchburg . why don't she go back to Cambridge and run for Mayor there or even Lowell her other hangout . we all no about how gtreat the S&E writters are all about Wong
Resident

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

I'm glad trick or treat is moved up an hour. I live in a busy T or T area. I literally see minivans full being dropped off. Let me tell ya....some of the trick or treaters drove the minivan too! besides - after the 1st hour or so the little guys (who its for really) are done and its the big kids who come around to take free candy.
What the Heck

Holden, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

Bring them to Ashby, like they do most years

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

Yeah, I'm going to take my child down to Main street in Fitchburg for trick or treat...you must be joking!
Tired of the Complainers

Ayer, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

Big freakin deal Lewis...one damn hour doesnt matter.....kids should be in bed by 8 or 9 anyway and his earlier time makes it possible!! Too damn bad if this little hiccup has put a wrinkle in your Obsessive Compulsive Ritualistic Daily Schedule!! Get Over it!! Oh and by the way.....I see Wong everytime I am downtown!! Thats almost 5 days a week and half the time she's at City Hall, the other time I see her she is walking her dog!! So where do u come off saying she's not around enough? I think you are getting her confused with the red faced lush we use to have as Mayor...at least shes not swindling money from the city and spending it at Conlin's Bar!! Bigger cities like Worcester and Springfield have always had earlier hours and they work for them, why not us? Ever stop to think that a majority of the candy givers are elderly or have no children...Is it that Unfathomable to think perhaps they don't like the 8om end time. I think some courtesy for these residents was used in making this decision and the same courtesy should be given to those who finally got it right!!
Leominster resident

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

Hey all you Fitchburg people and your lousy city. Come to Leominster this Sunday and see how a real city celebrates Halloween!!!
Good Grief

Southbridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

I think it's shameful that the Mayor is using the kids as pawns to promote business to downtown.

At what point can we focus on something else besides that darn section of the city? There are other businesses in Fitchburg too that don't have commitees and politicians rooting for them. If there were any decent businesses to go to on Main Street they wouldn't need all this City Hall support.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2009

Leominster resident wrote:
Hey all you Fitchburg people and your lousy city. Come to Leominster this Sunday and see how a real city celebrates Halloween!!!
Keep your city, you have your own set of problems to deal with...be carefule about throwing stones. Ever here of Karma?
Main St Business Owner

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2009

Good Grief wrote:
I think it's shameful that the Mayor is using the kids as pawns to promote business to downtown.
At what point can we focus on something else besides that darn section of the city? There are other businesses in Fitchburg too that don't have commitees and politicians rooting for them. If there were any decent businesses to go to on Main Street they wouldn't need all this City Hall support.
The Main St trick or treat wasn't the mayor's idea. I was contacted by the CDC people.
Lewis Chamberlain

Windham, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2009

bruce I thought you were wongs buddy . now you think bad of her downtown . how dare you . well reingold ave is not that nice of a place either . I drove their the other day its pretty dark

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2009

Hey Lewis,

I have supported the mayor in the past, but am finding that I disagree with too many things that she has done. I don't hold that against her as a person, I just disagree with her politics and choices.

As far as my neighborhood...we have good and concerned neighbors that look after each other over here. We actually have a nice neighborhood and I wouldn't suggest you come over here and start lurking around in the dark...stay in your own neighborhood since you think you have it so well, and watch out for yourself...we will.
Gang haven

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2009

Just stay clear of the new gang hangout destares
DKM

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2009

There not treats but there are plenty of tricks
being turned by the ladies of the night in fitchburg

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Fitchburg Forum right now

Search the Fitchburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Union chief: Morale remains low at DCF 1 hr Pajama People 39
Gravestones found toppled at Fitchburg cemetery 2 hr jtn 7
Solicitor: FSU bid to convert arena no good 4 hr jtn 1
Will Jtn ever post an Intelligent comment in th... 13 hr karen 24
I'll be off topix for a month Fri karen 3
Fitchburg gets $4.2M for mill project Fri Jtn 2
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) Wed Kundrot dionkie 1,145
•••
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••
•••

Fitchburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fitchburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE