Driving school owner facing sexual as...

Driving school owner facing sexual assault charges - Sentinel &...

There are 44 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Apr 13, 2009, titled Driving school owner facing sexual assault charges - Sentinel &.... In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

The owner of A+ Driving School in Fitchburg is facing two counts of indecent assault and battery, according to Fitchburg Police Sgt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

reply

Fitchburg, MA

#23 Apr 14, 2009
Website is currenty under construction.
We will be up and running again shortly.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Sentinel & Enterprise -

must be a slow day for news,,everyone went home
Disgusted Mother

Leominster, MA

#24 Apr 14, 2009
Marie P wrote:
Then why did you allow to take lessons from him?? The first time she came home and said he was creepy and said/did things inappropriate, I would have pulled my kid from his school and/or went with her for her lesson...Thank God nothing happened to her..
<quoted text>
Marie,I didn't want to get into specifics on here but I did confront him on how he spoke to the class and my child. It did not take me long to realize I was speaking to someone very unprofessional who could have cared less since he had already got the payment for the class. I certainly never thought of these kinds of situations happening to her (the sexual assault)by what we saw because yes I would have pulled her immediatly. It is his overall way he presents himself which is very unprofessional. The session was for one month, 700.00 non refundable. Again him harming her physically never came to mind. It was just obvious the guy had a few screws loose and certainly wasn't a person I would want in her life long term, my daughter would share things he said which didnt seem exactly right for a teacher to speak to students that way. She finished the class which was mandated by law to get her license. But what a shady business he runs and it's all coming out now isn't it !!
We were sure to share our story with anyone we could who went elsewhere for their childs lessons. Hearing of these charges against him now it all comes to light for me, his characteristics, personality and conduct that I am not shocked at these disgusting charges that he was assaulting female students. My daughter heard of him being friendly to girls and treating them out for food, ice-cream, they never told her he touched them but his overall activity being chummy with his students seemed disgusting for a grown man to do this to young teenage girls.
The more people are writing about him, it comes out more what a disgusting man he is.
I am very lucky my daughter was not harmed, very sad that young girls signed up for driving class, and they got assaulted. They certainly didnt pay 700.00 and sign up to be taken advantage of.
unhappy burger

Concord, MA

#25 Apr 14, 2009
Disgusted Mother wrote:
<quoted text>
Marie,I didn't want to get into specifics on here but I did confront him on how he spoke to the class and my child. It did not take me long to realize I was speaking to someone very unprofessional who could have cared less since he had already got the payment for the class. I certainly never thought of these kinds of situations happening to her (the sexual assault)by what we saw because yes I would have pulled her immediatly. It is his overall way he presents himself which is very unprofessional. The session was for one month, 700.00 non refundable. Again him harming her physically never came to mind. It was just obvious the guy had a few screws loose and certainly wasn't a person I would want in her life long term, my daughter would share things he said which didnt seem exactly right for a teacher to speak to students that way. She finished the class which was mandated by law to get her license. But what a shady business he runs and it's all coming out now isn't it !!
We were sure to share our story with anyone we could who went elsewhere for their childs lessons. Hearing of these charges against him now it all comes to light for me, his characteristics, personality and conduct that I am not shocked at these disgusting charges that he was assaulting female students. My daughter heard of him being friendly to girls and treating them out for food, ice-cream, they never told her he touched them but his overall activity being chummy with his students seemed disgusting for a grown man to do this to young teenage girls.
The more people are writing about him, it comes out more what a disgusting man he is.
I am very lucky my daughter was not harmed, very sad that young girls signed up for driving class, and they got assaulted. They certainly didnt pay 700.00 and sign up to be taken advantage of.
so in other words what you are saying is that you spoke to this man and because the $700 was non-refundable it was okay that there was potential for mental abuse since you knew he had a screw loose...
Dark Comedy

Fitchburg, MA

#26 Apr 14, 2009
Unhappy Burger, Sorry you got bleeped. Try mentally challenged the next time.
Bill

Plymouth, MA

#27 Apr 14, 2009
The GUY is innocent until proven guilty in the court of law, but in the public view he is ruined...no matter what the outcome is.
A parent

Concord, MA

#28 Apr 15, 2009
reply wrote:
<quoted text>
hey ****,read my post, I DID say all that was mentioned was the address,,why dont you comprehend before you speak.
OMG, I was going to reply to this and the one other idiot that said the same thing! Some people are so quick to rag on others that they dont read things through or even comprehend what is being written.

Anyway, my son is enrolled in the course there, has been for months now and STILL hasnt gotten his driving time! We have no idea when he is going to get it, especially now....Yeah, I thought he was creepy and didnt speak appropriately to the female students, or even to me when I met him the first time. He oozes sexuality when you speak to him, like he just cant hold it in and has to spew out his perverted thoughts. I didnt meet him til my ex had already enrolled him in the course, so I had no say in his continuing with it or not. My ex thinks he is ok, but that could be because my ex is also former military, so they had that in common. I hope this guy refunds our money, especially since Im positive my son will never get his driving time from someone in prison!
cathy cann

Fitchburg, MA

#29 Apr 15, 2009
figures a man,i hate men, go gurls go,gto, go,go
a citizen

Concord, MA

#30 Apr 15, 2009
All I ever heard him comment on was how the girls that attended his shcool dress like little tramps with their low cut tops and flirty behavior.
Now he's accused of inappropriate behavior with them. Maybe he was trying to justify his perverted actions by talking about the girls in a bad manner. Hmmmm. I hope the truth all comes out. But we cant depend on the Sentinel to bring it as they only wrote a few lines 3 days after the fact.
lol

Clinton, MA

#31 Apr 15, 2009
the word on the street is that Sentinel is doing its electronic news differently and supposed to be automated.....didn't work very well did it? Thus everything taking forever to go up ie by hand....
Phil

AOL

#32 Apr 15, 2009
Disgusted mother wrote:
My daughter went through this driving school. Luckily he did not assault her because he would have been charged with this sooner than now. This is not shocking news to us or her. This guy is a disgusting creep and is very innapropriate in how he talks and acts towards the students.
Don't be quick to judge the girls are not telling the truth.
I guess your friendly job of hanging with the girls after school, taking them out for ice cream on your dime Mr. Maylin caught up with you.
Ice-Cream cone for a little touching didn't go over as well as you planned did it ?
Glad these young ladies had the courage to speak up and you will hopefully be charged as necessary so that you don't harm another young women again.
Your sick, your poor wife !
Your conern for his poor, sick wife overwhelms me. If your so compassionate why would you add to her misery by posting such a comment?
kristine

Boston, MA

#33 Apr 15, 2009
Marie P wrote:
Then why did you allow to take lessons from him?? The first time she came home and said he was creepy and said/did things inappropriate, I would have pulled my kid from his school and/or went with her for her lesson...Thank God nothing happened to her..
<quoted text>
thank god
Former Student

Ayer, MA

#34 Apr 15, 2009
Hes a really nice man, and correction for all of you who dont know anything, yes he did like taking his students out for ice cream, not only females. I am a girl and he never flirted with me. I feel so bad that this is all over the news even if we find out hes innocent he is still going to have a bad reputation, so sorry Mr and Mrs. Maylin. Good Luck with everything. And for the disgusted mother I know who you are your daughter was a brat she deserved to get bitched at that day.
Former Student

Ayer, MA

#35 Apr 15, 2009
I have an idea of who the "disgusted mothers" child was but I cant be sure cause it could've been anyone sorry for the confusion, if any.
Disguested mother

AOL

#36 Apr 15, 2009
Former Student wrote:
I have an idea of who the "disgusted mothers" child was but I cant be sure cause it could've been anyone sorry for the confusion, if any.
Yes, you must be confused since she never got bitched at.
Marie P

United States

#37 Apr 16, 2009
Maybe he just pick and chose who he wanted to flirt with and you weren't one of them. If so many people on here are saying this man is sick and has a thing for young girls, I am tending to believe them. You maybe just one of the lucky ones who he didn't go after...
Former Student wrote:
Hes a really nice man, and correction for all of you who dont know anything, yes he did like taking his students out for ice cream, not only females. I am a girl and he never flirted with me. I feel so bad that this is all over the news even if we find out hes innocent he is still going to have a bad reputation, so sorry Mr and Mrs. Maylin. Good Luck with everything. And for the disgusted mother I know who you are your daughter was a brat she deserved to get bitched at that day.
wondering

North Grafton, MA

#38 Apr 16, 2009
The4ofus wrote:
Neather myself nor my family are shocked.. About time things again cought up to Mr.Maylin. their are alot more skelitons in this "mans" closit. The athotities should take a good hard look before he gets off yet again.
If he gets off yet again? Seems to me most of the people commenting here are ignorantly assuming he is has been charged guilty yet. If he has assaulted you or someone you know...don't you think you should come forward and notify the police??? Just because people think he looks like a "creeper" does not make him guilty. If you KNOW he is guilty and you are a victim, you owe it to yourself and the other victims to come forward.
reply

Worcester, MA

#39 Apr 16, 2009
damn, my driver ed teacher never took ME out for ice cream.hmmm,,,so long self esteem,,,,
Marie P

United States

#40 Apr 17, 2009
LMAO!!!!
reply wrote:
damn, my driver ed teacher never took ME out for ice cream.hmmm,,,so long self esteem,,,,
dave

Gardner, MA

#41 Apr 18, 2009
I dont belive it
Mike H

Gardner, MA

#42 Apr 18, 2009
I have had a daughter go to A+driving school and I would not have sent them any where else. I found that both Mr & Mrs Maylin were nothing but professional I will tell everyone that I know to go here. To Disgusted Mother its real easy to write bad comments and not at least leave your real name. My daughter goes to the same school as this girl and from the way they talk this girl has quite the past but lets let the courts do their job and if he is innocent will the news report it? I bet they donít

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Another Monday Has Come And Gone 8 hr Concerned Voter 29
We offer all types of loans at 2% (May '13) Sun Tim Leydon 4
Fitchburg motorcycle cops Sat Lynch for Soggy D... 28
KEVIN LYNCH vs. TURTLE BOY May 27 Jimminy Crickets 21
Beatles For Sale live in Townsend May 26 Beatleman 1
News Lunenburg woman charged in $161 grocery theft (Oct '16) May 22 Jimminy Crickets 8
News Ex-Realtor charged with allegedly bilking clien... (Jun '09) May 22 Green16 19

Fitchburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fitchburg Mortgages