Fitchburg's tax rate on the upswing

Oct 2, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

City councilors approved a 124 percent shift, raising the residential rate to $19.83 from $19.05 and the industrial and commercial rate to $26.32 from $25.36 at a special meeting Tuesday night.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of46
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Renee and Jtn

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

We are dressing up as birds,blue jay and crow,isn't it fit and fun hahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahah
Cheryl45

Buzzards Bay, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Lynch for city council wrote:
This is all that this city council has done is higher taxes and fees.
How can anyone of them talk about encouraging businesses into Fitchburg?
Welcome to "Taxburg" where all taxes and fees are high. Are insurance rates are high also due to high crime rates that go un addressed.
Discouraging businesses is what we here in Taxburg stand strongly for, we are the land of Antonucci and Unitil also. Stay out as we spend a lot of time discouraging businesses and new residents to move into Fitchburg.
See, Lynch, no one cares about any message you attempt to deliver. That's because a person who plead guilty to manslaughter, did 8 years in prison, has an extensive record of assault and battery on a police officer in Boston, was arrested in Fitchburg for assaulting a police officer and a firefighters and was banned from a college campus as a threat to public safety simply has no credibility to talk about any issue whatsoever.
Nurse ratchet

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Cheryl45 wrote:
<quoted text>
See, Lynch, no one cares about any message you attempt to deliver. That's because a person who plead guilty to manslaughter, did 8 years in prison, has an extensive record of assault and battery on a police officer in Boston, was arrested in Fitchburg for assaulting a police officer and a firefighters and was banned from a college campus as a threat to public safety simply has no credibility to talk about any issue whatsoever.
leave lynch alone or I won't treat you for your scrappiest
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Cheryl45 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheryl, you are just a loser! You sound like a broken record. Go move to Australia!

Get in touch with reality for once! Look in the mirror and see what misery really looks like!

You and 1992 incident can go fuck yourself! You would of liked them guys as they hid behind bushes and hurt people for profit!

You are a compulsive POS! You exploit this incident and you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about!

You are a phony with only misery for a personality. You have absolutely NO PRINCIPLES that you stand for except CORRUPTION of the connected.

If I were to guess maybe you are married to one of these corrupt POS's!!!! And do not give me the BS that he has 4 yrs of college under his belt because anyone with any knowledge knows that this equals two full yrs of school!!! WOW!!!!
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>A little 411 Fitchburg isn't the only city where taxes increase. Hey, Halloween is this month! What are going to dress up as? Maybe a psychopathic maniac?
You live in Leominster where your business tax is 16.78 per thousand. It is 26.32 per thousand in Fitchburg.

But as this disparity grows Leominster will raise theres' to 24 per thousand. Then where will you move your scam businesses to?
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

So now Leominster is $10 per thousand lower than Fitchburg, better access to all major routes, lower water, sewer, electric, gas and lower insurance rates; where will business set up shop?

Matter of fact I think Leominster has as many businesses as residents. Dual tax rate coming for your home of Leominster.
Civil Servant Supporter

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Lynch, didn't you serve time for killing someone? Didn't you please guilty to manslaughter? Let's discuss that and see what the voter's think of your violent history.
Cheryl45

Buzzards Bay, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>

You and 1992 incident can go fuck yourself!
Oh. So you have downgraded that night in 1992 from a "fist fight" into only an "incident?" Nothing that someone does 8 years for is an "incident."

You killed someone. You pleaded guilty to it. You went to jail for it. You are nw running for public office. You can't make that just vanish. It isn't an "incident." It's a legitimate campaign issue that has a lot to say . As it should be. The voters about your moral character. Or lack thereof.
Cheryl45

Buzzards Bay, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Lynch wrote:
So now Leominster is $10 per thousand lower than Fitchburg, better access to all major routes, lower water, sewer, electric, gas and lower insurance rates; where will business set up shop?
Matter of fact I think Leominster has as many businesses as residents. Dual tax rate coming for your home of Leominster.
Your police record, your constant lying about your criminal background, your constant lying unfounded accusations against city and state officials and the fact that you neither work nor pay taxes mean that you have no business commenting on tax rates or anything else.
Spongebob

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Cheryl45 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your police record, your constant lying about your criminal background, your constant lying unfounded accusations against city and state officials and the fact that you neither work nor pay taxes mean that you have no business commenting on tax rates or anything else.
I agree he does not have the credibility to back up his ideas. It would be the same as he walked into a Microsoft board meeting and started telling them how to operate they business.

The first thing they will say is "and you are?" Who is Lynch? What is his formal education? Degree in political science? Law? Business management?

Does he realize if he screws up the budget for any reason he can be held liable for misappropriation of city funds?

That means jail time. Sorry Lynch you don't get to see the union contracts even as a councilor.
Berserker

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Spongebob wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree he does not have the credibility to back up his ideas. It would be the same as he walked into a Microsoft board meeting and started telling them how to operate they business.
The first thing they will say is "and you are?" Who is Lynch? What is his formal education? Degree in political science? Law? Business management?
Does he realize if he screws up the budget for any reason he can be held liable for misappropriation of city funds?
That means jail time. Sorry Lynch you don't get to see the union contracts even as a councilor.
Smarten up you LMAO watch the POS video and he's already explained he's a good listener as a qualification. If you didn't get an F at slip and fall school you could be on disability too! Keep up the harrassment and we will press charges! What's your name?
Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Spongebob wrote:
<quoted text>
The city council has rubber stamped every FPD contract! They fund every officers and firefighters cellphone! Are we in a recession or not?

I just looked at the City budget and there is plenty that City councilors could do. But instead they raise the property tax aqain only to find out they have reached its limit.

I see a couple exemptions. One is to the widow of a firefighter for the amount of $4,671 in property taxes. Oh, there is one for the rest of the citizens where 30 elder residents are receiving a $175.00 credit on their property taxes for a grand total of $5,250.00.

The FFD and the FPD even got their hands extensively on the CDBG funding. And forget about the planning board as we will not even go there. If you are an average citizen they will make sure that you have lids for your trash cans but it seems like if you know a city official you get the rules bent for you.
Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Being a FPD supplied phone I want the text now!!! Lets really open it all up.

And from what I am hearing the Dominican cop that was fired is coming back to being an Lt at the FPD. And Demoura is leaving, can anyone reveal evidence for or against these officers that he fired over his tenure?
Taxpayer citizen

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Well well councilor never to be elected convicted felon, self admitted drunk and drug user is skewing his crap. Get off welfare you fat slob, get help for your drunken bum good for nothing old man and do something to that useless old lady collecting welfare benefits and your cheating unemployed stealing school supplies fired family member
Spongebob

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

karma wrote:
<quoted text>
The city council has rubber stamped every FPD contract! They fund every officers and firefighters cellphone! Are we in a recession or not?
I just looked at the City budget and there is plenty that City councilors could do. But instead they raise the property tax aqain only to find out they have reached its limit.
I see a couple exemptions. One is to the widow of a firefighter for the amount of $4,671 in property taxes. Oh, there is one for the rest of the citizens where 30 elder residents are receiving a $175.00 credit on their property taxes for a grand total of $5,250.00.
The FFD and the FPD even got their hands extensively on the CDBG funding. And forget about the planning board as we will not even go there. If you are an average citizen they will make sure that you have lids for your trash cans but it seems like if you know a city official you get the rules bent for you.
Wrong dumb shit ! The city does not fund any city workers cell phone or else the city would be liable for nay calls they make.

You need to stop making crap up just to get information. What is wrong with you?

Just so you know the recession ended stupid ! If you went and got a job you would know that.

This is how the economy is and will be forever, get used to it.
Spongebob

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

karma wrote:
Being a FPD supplied phone I want the text now!!! Lets really open it all up.
And from what I am hearing the Dominican cop that was fired is coming back to being an Lt at the FPD. And Demoura is leaving, can anyone reveal evidence for or against these officers that he fired over his tenure?
Wrong again, the cop that was fired was never a LT. Stop making up the crap. Are you a drama queen or a drag queen?
Broken record

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

karma wrote:
<quoted text>
You have got to be the dumbest person in Fitchburg you free loading piece of crap
Broken record

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Loser boy tell everyone why your brother was fired You know why they fired the loser
Spongebob

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

karma wrote:
<quoted text>
It is okay baby (rubbing your head like your fired brother would). I know you hate the public safety because they are the largest amount of people employed in the US. Every city and town has to have them. I am glad I fired your brother and kept Shane Melanson instead.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Spongebob wrote:
<quoted text>
It is okay baby (rubbing your head like your fired brother would). I know you hate the public safety because they are the largest amount of people employed in the US. Every city and town has to have them. I am glad I fired your brother and kept Shane Melanson instead.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Jay boy???? Jay, do you date Sonny? So are you really Bobs little sponge? I understand your moniker now, You POS!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of46
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Fitchburg Forum right now

Search the Fitchburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
boycotting new market basket prices 12 hr Jtn 15
Manager: 'It could be empty tomorrow' 12 hr Jtn 2
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Tue John 4,692
Fitchburg officer charged with drunken driving ... (Nov '10) Mon Pajama People 50
Fitchburg mural honors environmentalist Marion ... Sun Pajama People 6
FSU calling for community input on Landry Jul 20 joan 6
Dogs from closed Fitchburg shelter are alive an... Jul 19 Pajama People 3
•••
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••
•••

Fitchburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••