Court mandates Seney complete work; only 2 violations remain

Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

Ward 4 City Council candidate Stephen Seney appeared in court on Friday to discuss violations he had with the city's Board of Health.
Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated May 14, 2013
Joe B

Somerville, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2007

This is the typical garbage that he uses when he's forced to defend himself to tenants, homebuyers and neighbors of his slums.

It must be nice to be able to dump the waste from your new yard right across the street. You thought your neighbors didn't see you. How come there are Seney signs all over public and state property?

You haven't even offered a single plan on what you plan on doing, just a lot of rhetoric.

BTW, where was your speech on FATV?
John Prine

Peabody, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2007

47 violations? How was this allowed to go on for so long ?
Anonymous

Pawtucket, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2007

Stephen Seney is a liar and nothing but a slum lord in Fitchburg..He should really be ashamed of himself for even running for Ward Councilor ...He only fixed these violations because he was told to do so or else....he had no choice...I know from exeperience with this man ...A friend of mine lived on Garnet St..unfortunately that is all they could afford, but should not have had to live like that ...no cabinets, no screens, no doorbells..no phone jacks..lead paint...they had small children too!! He didn't care..and then to blame the tenants for his problems with the BOH!!...It is landlords like Seney who give Fitchburg a bad name ..He has some nerve!! That is all I am going to say ..Thank you ...

Since: Oct 07

Burlington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2007

Steve Seney is a total scumbag - period
Loki2964

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2011

Judged:

I currently live in an apartment owned by Seney on Garnet st. He is the worst landlord that I have ever had. The tenants here are all puerto rican and don't work, there is serious drug activity in this building and the lead paint, no cabinets or bathroom mirror, our ceiling collapsed and he refuses to fix anything. Then he tries to bring me to court because I owe him 200! This landlord is a complete joke and should have his license removed, he allows bad people to live in this building and just recently I was threatened with a cocked handgun in my face from my lovely neibor. Due to a misunderstanding...needless to say I vote we should burn this POS to the ground and take all these pathedic puerto ricans with it.
Real Genius

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2011

Judged:

Loki2964 wrote:
I currently live in an apartment owned by Seney on Garnet st. He is the worst landlord that I have ever had. The tenants here are all puerto rican and don't work, there is serious drug activity in this building and the lead paint, no cabinets or bathroom mirror, our ceiling collapsed and he refuses to fix anything. Then he tries to bring me to court because I owe him 200! This landlord is a complete joke and should have his license removed, he allows bad people to live in this building and just recently I was threatened with a cocked handgun in my face from my lovely neibor. Due to a misunderstanding...needless to say I vote we should burn this POS to the ground and take all these pathedic puerto ricans with it.
I have trouble believing you. Let me try to understand, you walked through an apartment without cabinets that was full of lead paint and said "Yeah we'll take it!" What's your next move? Maybe buy a car with no tires or a windshield and blame the dealership. Go to the supermarket and buy a dozen apples that are bad and say "wow I just bought bad apples I'm going to sue!" What are you a graduate from slip and fall school?

“I'm a Fitchburger and Proud ”

Since: Jan 08

Fitchburg ( of course)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2011

Real Genius wrote:
<quoted text>I have trouble believing you. Let me try to understand, you walked through an apartment without cabinets that was full of lead paint and said "Yeah we'll take it!" What's your next move? Maybe buy a car with no tires or a windshield and blame the dealership. Go to the supermarket and buy a dozen apples that are bad and say "wow I just bought bad apples I'm going to sue!" What are you a graduate from slip and fall school?
Your high exalted mucky muck, excuse all of us for not living up to the income bracket you have set for all of us. You have obviously never been in a position to have to (out of nessicity) choose between the rock and the hard place. Your compassion for those who aren't in the favored position (as you are) to never make those kinds of choices. Having to accept what a slum lord gives you is only one of the many humiliations that the poor have to eat every day. If instead of having no choice but to live in a substandard hovel, the "landlord" would ensure that the place would meet at least minimum standards, then maybe people would consider life worth striving for and we would all improve. But with irresponsible building owners who refuse to meet minimum standards the choices are gone. Low rent means 3rd world living in this city at this time... because like many, Mr Seney has gotten way over his head. It seems that Mr Seney has held the belief for some time that people are a resourse to be exploited and discarded. I warned him and many others, just after the turn of the century, that this real estate fiasco would lead to the ruination of this country and pain and suffering for untold millions of unsuspecting dupes. I've been right more than I've been wrong about the tea baggers and the negative effect that manipulating markets and living in a bubble to bubble voodoo economy would bring. Divest yourself mr Seney and cut your losses... but try to fix them up alittle before you sell them though, because we would hate to see your failure become3 the failure of this city.
anonymous

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2011

Stephen Seney is a slumlord. He is so pathetic that there should be a law against him being a "landlord" if you can even call him that. Never move into one of his buildings or you will regret it!! My apartment had a whole in the roof that went all the way outside and he refused to fix it for months as it leaked water and grew mold all over the ceiling and walls. He also repeateldy told us he fixed the washing machine and we continued to put money in and it didn't work and then he had the balls to charge extra on the rent for trash? The board of health came to my apartment and filled out an entire sheet of paper of violations because he is such a lazy scum of the earth SLUMLORD. Also, after my neighbors moved out, he didn't switch the gas and electric into his name and left all of the lights on and put the heat up to 90 degrees in the apartment. Don't know what the point of that was other than to "stick it" to the tenants who moved out but I lived above the empty apartment and had to open my windows in the winter because it was so hot. Don't know what the point of that was? People like himm are what gives fitchburg a bad name. Pathetic! If you cant handle the job of being a landlord then dont do it! People should not be forced to live in these conditions because he does not do his job! All of the complaints I have about this individual would take up a few more pages so i'll leave it at that. Warning: DO NOT RENT FROM STEPHEN SENEY!!!
anonymous

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2011

Judged:

Real Genius wrote:
<quoted text>I have trouble believing you. Let me try to understand, you walked through an apartment without cabinets that was full of lead paint and said "Yeah we'll take it!" What's your next move? Maybe buy a car with no tires or a windshield and blame the dealership. Go to the supermarket and buy a dozen apples that are bad and say "wow I just bought bad apples I'm going to sue!" What are you a graduate from slip and fall school?
Thank you! Finally someone is able to put into words what anyone with common sense should already be thinking. If you move into an apartment in that condition and are willing to subject your children to it, than you clearly got what you deserved. There are plenty of options out there for low income families, and plenty of apartments in decent condition that the city will provide. If you are too lazy to find them than you're just a dead-beat looking for trouble. I do however agree that that landlord was a slumlord, but that doesn't excuse you from being a bad parent.
pretty sad

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2011

Real Genius wrote:
i know exactly who your talking about and your right. but sense mass laws and us laws allow it and hes a millionare guess what? best thing to do is burn it. whats he gonna do? take u to court? he wont know shit. i live near this exact building and the pos ricans already robbed two houses on the street. cops wont do shit so i tell u do it urself. and yeah i know the guys with the gun. i called state police they say call fitchburg not thei rproblem. guess what folks? time to do illegal shit to protect urself! this seney is a pos. i called threatened to sue he wont call back courts wont even hear it even though, so many violations and federal laws r broken. it is ILLEGAL to rent to people involved in criminal activities. again, laws mean nothing if never ever enforced. btw, the guy with the gun was he black? named pops? have a pos son named cj? man, get at me. i got the inside scoop my man! lets take this pos out of commision. wild west style. and for the rest, if you want something done you all gotta report seney!

u all gotta have proof and go to court go through the process! i know nothing may happen but enough stink in a housing court and such will def get him hit by some pissed off politician who doesn't want the heat. as far as the pos in the building, i already smashed two of them in the dark. but this is fitchburg, law is not even here. u gotta have balls to do shit urself. if they can get away with it, so can you. and NO cop will stop you TRUST me they even told me to do it. this pos pops and cj got alot comming their way. suck to be idiots without jobs and listen to rumors and just act without thinking. cause they ain't smart enough to realize they r being set up >:) karma is a bitch brotha!

s for the rest, get pictures, proof, dates, times, in writting, signatures, video, everything! all of claygorhn is moving to garnet and the surround neighborhoods cause police courts and laws refuse fucking REFUSE to do anything cause they do not give a crap. so if anybody here wants things done, get ahold of me or reply to this with contact info. if u been done wrong, ill help ya get right in some fashion. lets give this scumlord something to worry about.
pretty sad

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2011

Real Genius wrote:
and you need to just stfu really. you got no idea whats up. your just another well off asshole that never had to live this way so stick ur money in ur mouth, and glue ur fingers to ur a** cause honestly, nobody gives a s**t about ur input. ty. some people, actually TRY to make honest livings, not fuck EVERYBODY over they come across just cause they can and it gets them ahead. its people like you, who create s**t like this by not giving a f**k. its easy to put a opinion were it dont belong. u stick ur d**k in light sockets when u were turning 13 too?
Betty

Yarmouth Port, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2011

Judged:

pretty sad wrote:
<quoted text>
and you need to just stfu really. you got no idea whats up. your just another well off asshole that never had to live this way so stick ur money in ur mouth, and glue ur fingers to ur a** cause honestly, nobody gives a s**t about ur input. ty. some people, actually TRY to make honest livings, not fuck EVERYBODY over they come across just cause they can and it gets them ahead. its people like you, who create s**t like
this by not giving a f**k. its easy to put a opinion were it dont belong. u stick ur d**k in light sockets when u were turning 13 too?
You sound poor. Really, really poor. Like, welfare abusing poor. Go away.
pretty sad

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2011

Judged:

Betty wrote:
<quoted text>
im sorry betty boop, does my poorness offend you? how about you go suck a c**k. so immature lets bash online cause nobody can really do anything about it LOL how about you get a life, don't like what i gotta say don;t read it. like you offend me and u sound like a c**t
pretty sad

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2011

Judged:

Betty wrote:
<quoted text>
and wtf u know just cause im from the burg i abuse welfare. and you probably abuse ur ex husband and take child support and alimony. so how r u dif? if ur so rich baby, why u on topix? get a life LOL
pretty sad

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2011

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
Stephen Seney is a slumlord. He is so pathetic that there should be a law against him being a "landlord" if you can even call him that. Never move into one of his buildings or you will regret it!! My apartment had a whole in the roof that went all the way outside and he refused to fix it for months as it leaked water and grew mold all over the ceiling and walls. He also repeateldy told us he fixed the washing machine and we continued to put money in and it didn't work and then he had the balls to charge extra on the rent for trash? The board of health came to my apartment and filled out an entire sheet of paper of violations because he is such a lazy scum of the earth SLUMLORD. Also, after my neighbors moved out, he didn't switch the gas and electric into his name and left all of the lights on and put the heat up to 90 degrees in the apartment. Don't know what the point of that was other than to "stick it" to the tenants who moved out but I lived above the empty apartment and had to open my windows in the winter because it was so hot. Don't know what the point of that was? People like himm are what gives fitchburg a bad name. Pathetic! If you cant handle the job of being a landlord then dont do it! People should not be forced to live in these conditions because he does not do his job! All of the complaints I have about this individual would take up a few more pages so i'll leave it at that. Warning: DO NOT RENT FROM STEPHEN SENEY!!!
there are laws, but sense nobody enforces them and nobody bothers to report them, there might as well not be any laws. MASS, idk if u noticed but is one of the top states in the US that allow slumlords, excuse? us is made of illegal labor so if a purto rican wants to shoot stab or rob somebody....guess what? its ok :) thank the people for that one
Manners

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2011

pretty sad wrote:
<quoted text> and wtf u know just cause im from the burg i abuse welfare. and you probably abuse ur ex husband and take child support and alimony. so how r u dif? if ur so rich baby, why u on topix? get a life LOL
I think your posts are a little angry. But in my good nature I hope a homeless person with full blown aides doesn't puke in your face. Have a nice day. P.S. tell your girlfriend she left her dignity here.
pretty sad

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

Manners wrote:
<quoted text>I think your posts are a little angry. But in my good nature I hope a homeless person with full blown aides doesn't puke in your face. Have a nice day. P.S. tell your girlfriend she left her dignity here.
lol liek you know my gf buddy, she would beat u into a pulp and u can hope all you want, while nice "good natured" people like you say you are (which btw your reply just shows how idiodic you also are by even letting my rants get to you, people like scum bag steve are allowed to continue to be scum bags raking in the cash while a sorry pos like you, probably works part time, lives of food stamps, and sits on ur pc all day bashing on this forum like any resident in the area. trust me guy, if a homeless guy puked in my face, id at least be "good natured" as well to know the poor chap at least got a meal to even puke up. so why don't you seriously name a time and place and ill show you my good nature....haha didn't think so.
pretty sad

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

Manners wrote:
<quoted text>I think your posts are a little angry. But in my good nature I hope a homeless person with full blown aides doesn't puke in your face. Have a nice day. P.S. tell your girlfriend she left her dignity here.
and btw, i know who u r. called ip tracking pal. might want to not talk shit to somebody with computer skillz such as my own. we shall see whos gf will be leaving whos dignity buddy, oh thats right, ur best friend fucked your gf on your couch as you walked. in. have any clue who I AM yet? ;) or you pissed i didnt show up to you little gathering at ur place cause u still love ur ex? man ur such a loser, videos games all day, living with mommy, i at least pay my own billz, i at least work and take care of my family. i don't see you doing much with ur lazy self. ill see u soon fag .....
WoW

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Were do these people get the computers and have on line, and the dish above ther head, large screen tv, a car and pay no taxis and rent bad housing , why the are on welfare the state pays then thy complain about all the freebeeeeees
eat it seney

Winchendon, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

10 years ago or so I rented an apartment from Seney. He was by far the worst landlord I have ever had. There were so many problems he never wanted to fix and when tenants moved out and left filth behind he just let it sit there. We lived in filth because as long as he didn't see it or smell it, he didn't care. He was a real entitled man who believed the world owed him something. I feel sorry for anyone who is still dealing with that narcissistic man. Hold your heads up and do not be afraid to stand behind your tenants rights.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••
Fitchburg Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Fitchburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••