Officer's use of comp time questioned during hearing - Sentinel...

Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

Accusations that Capt. Charles Tasca misused compensatory time inside the Police Department came down to Tasca's word against Police Chief Robert DeMoura's at a disciplinary hearing inside City Hall Thursday morning.
Comments
41 - 59 of 59 Comments Last updated Nov 12, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
GLEE

Brighton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Jan 9, 2010
 
Inside Man wrote:
Oh here we go again, Please, spare us all your grief. If a true audit was done on you, you would owe the city money,big time!!! Its always been about you and how you are always right. I'm a police captain, who is going to bother me, I answer to no one,and do what I want. Having your buddy, that receltly retired, speak up for you, rather than talk to authorities,about his investigation. A person that destroys police equipment, lies about it and misappropiation of grant funds (federal funds),shows favoritism to a civilian female employee, and just was an awful supervisor. A person that told people, that a trained monkey could do your job. Who knows what else he has done, through the years. He's a character withness for you,PLEASE,thats upsetting. So dont insult us or the public anymore. The public is tired of all this BS. What's he got to hide, anyway. You guys answered to no one for years, protected by the last civil service chief. Now its time to pay for all your trangressions. Please spare us all the heartache. Its sad, really sad, and sickening, for everyone that knows exactly what is going on, and what you are really all about. Its very upsetting to read how you are getting picked on, I cant feel sorry for you. Hey,how do you like being questioned by the city solicitor, not fun is it,being on the other side of the fence. You sit there and feel that you are truly being singled out. When in reality, its about time things caught up with you. How about the time you had the mechanic cut off the exhaust system on your (brand) new cruiser and ordered him to put another system on???Remember that??? You used some of the funds marked for cruiser repair and it cost over 500 bucks(tax payers money) to put another exhaust pipe on a brand new cruiser. Its about time you started getting caught for all the things that fell through the cracks all these years, and the sick/comp time is just the a scratch on your career. Should I go on???? My advice to you is to retire. Keep pressing the issue and you will lose your fantastic retirement.
Inside man !!! I think I know you!! because I know that everything you said is true. We must have shared the same nightmare together. Now that we are no longer in the burg... I feel like I have died and gone to heaven... oh if the public only knew the whole story!!
justice

Marblehead, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Jan 9, 2010
 
boy, this debate is bringing out all the mensa members...dumb as a rock, the whole crew...
justice

Marblehead, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Jan 9, 2010
 
i'm Mr Tasca's mind....i am rich beyond belief
jam

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Jan 12, 2010
 
CONCERNED CITIZEN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to know who signed his pay check because someone must of approved it in order for him to be paid and if no one is over seeing payroll there's a bigger issue here and ultimately this should be what is investigated. I know I have a chain of command and my check is signed by someone other than me and if there is a question it's addressed before that check is cut. So who's in charge of approving and paying these men and women. If we are paying this much for an investigation shouldn't we be interviewing all known witnesses and looking into just how the city pays it's employees and what is the procedure that should be followed? How qualified is this investigator because as a tax payer I would hope he would do a thorough job otherwise many people would question this outcome and the city could be looking at a law suit.
I was wondering the same thing. When the daily or weekly work roster which clearly states who was present or not goes to payroll didn't anyone question if he was present or not, and if he was abscent was he taking sick leave, vacation, comp time, etc. Didn't the Chief notice that He was missing for the week or 2 that he was away? And question what was posted on the daily roster? This firing brings up more flies in the ointment. Sounds like lots of people were "on leave" of doing their jobs. As far as the investigator goes, I think he should go back to retirement, his skills are obviously rusty and dropped the ball on interviewing the 2 witnesses. Many will argue that the witnesses would be biased against the Chief, but that doesn't bear reason to ignore them and their input. It just makes this investigation and firing look and smell like a witch hunt. How many street lights and pot holes will this situation cost us? Very pathetic Fitchburg just keeps circling the drain.
disclose or resign

Framingham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Dec 7, 2010
 
what has happened. What has been swept under the rug
gom16-31

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Feb 4, 2012
 

Judged:

2

Fitchburg Police Dept. was a cesspool back in the 1980's. Don't kid yourself. These are the same guys that were doing the same exact things and getting away with them back then! This dept. has been corrupt for a very long time! Tasca and guys like him think they owned this city, and people became intimidated by them, until you finally stand up to them. You need to threaten back with the law/lawyer, that is all that they understand. They do and did one anothers bidding. They are just like the good ole boys net work of the south, but its Fitchburg, an its been going on for over 30 years. Its truly amazing! Thank God, they brought in someone who is not from this area, that will help to stop it. I thought Mark Louney was a decent Policeman and person until I needed his help with one of Fitchburgs finest, and when I went to him, he did nothing to help me, and we had known one another all our lives. I was shocked and so dissappointed. I had heard only about six months ago that he had been in trouble with the police dept. I live out of the area now, so I am shocked to see he turned totally into one of the bad guys. Just like the cop that was harrassing me way back then in the early 1980's and getting away with it! Until I walked into the Chiefs office and told him everything, and it stopped! You have to show these cops, you have the guts to do whatever it takes to not put up with harrassment! They can make your life a living hell! Fitchburg was notorius for this back in the 80's!!! Kearns was one of the newer cops who helped the cop that was harrassing me back in the day! He is no good! Not to be trusted! Payback is a bitch! or is it... what goes around comes around! or is it...ya gotta love karma! Its time to clean OUT Fitchburg Police Dept.!!!
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Fitchburg started to be a cesspool in 2000 on a level of no return! If you go back further yes you can say since 1990. These guys ruined the integrity of any resemblance of what the oath they swore to stands for. Their are others!!!
I still am amazed that Tasca stated he accumulated these paid weeks in his head!! Louney must of been like "why are you messing our story up"? LMAO.
Is there a ceromony we all can go to and watch the badge ripped off the uniform?? Make sure you get that crooks gun!!!!!
Louney, you may have skipped out on an internal investigation but the best is yet to come; The justice department and FBI now take over. The first one who sings gets to stay out of jail!!!!
Who will sing??? I knew the accounting ledger would tell it all!!!! There is no way around it!! So now they have to take that account heading that they were using to embezzle and run it through the books!! What checks filled this account? There is more to this! Tasca was feeling the water temperature with Demoura!! Did you hear Tascas testimony??? LMAO, LMAO.. You think he would be smarter than that; Tasca, you should approach the DA and sing brother because you will drown otherwise; Louney,Kearns,Gallant and others are itching to take the deal!!!!!The EARLY BIRD GETS THE WORM! START SINGING!!!!
GOM 16-43

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Feb 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

disclose or resign wrote:
what has happened. What has been swept under the rug
They are watching you. If you see a Comcast van or a garbage truck there is a pretty good chance you are under surveilance. There might even be a sattelite in orbit tracking only you. Check your neck for a micro chip.
Cilvil Servant Supporter

Winchendon, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Feb 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

gom16-31 wrote:
Fitchburg Police Dept. was a cesspool back in the 1980's. Don't kid yourself. These are the same guys that were doing the same exact things and getting away with them back then! This dept. has been corrupt for a very long time! Tasca and guys like him think they owned this city, and people became intimidated by them, until you finally stand up to them. You need to threaten back with the law/lawyer, that is all that they understand. They do and did one anothers bidding. They are just like the good ole boys net work of the south, but its Fitchburg, an its been going on for over 30 years. Its truly amazing! Thank God, they brought in someone who is not from this area, that will help to stop it. I thought Mark Louney was a decent Policeman and person until I needed his help with one of Fitchburgs finest, and when I went to him, he did nothing to help me, and we had known one another all our lives. I was shocked and so dissappointed. I had heard only about six months ago that he had been in trouble with the police dept. I live out of the area now, so I am shocked to see he turned totally into one of the bad guys. Just like the cop that was harrassing me way back then in the early 1980's and getting away with it! Until I walked into the Chiefs office and told him everything, and it stopped! You have to show these cops, you have the guts to do whatever it takes to not put up with harrassment! They can make your life a living hell! Fitchburg was notorius for this back in the 80's!!! Kearns was one of the newer cops who helped the cop that was harrassing me back in the day! He is no good! Not to be trusted! Payback is a bitch! or is it... what goes around comes around! or is it...ya gotta love karma! Its time to clean OUT Fitchburg Police Dept.!!!

<quoted text>
Yeah, it's always the same story. Police harass you because you are sociopathic and antisocial. Thank God they are harassing you, or someone else with less control will, and it would be sad for you, indeed.
You're so lucky you can rant like this. It must be cleansing for you, but it's shitty to read.
Chucks Case is BS

Holliston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Feb 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Cilvil Servant Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it's always the same story. Police harass you because you are sociopathic and antisocial. Thank God they are harassing you, or someone else with less control will, and it would be sad for you, indeed.
You're so lucky you can rant like this. It must be cleansing for you, but it's shitty to read.
It looks like you forgot how to spell your own name again.

Be sure that you take your time and you get the spelling right, whenever you switch back from posting the phoney crapola while using my name.

I can picture you at the keyboard now......You are dribbling in delight as you post another one of your phoney emails, and then you are too stupid to spell your own name correctly.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Feb 6, 2012
 
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I agreed...With the advice of an idiot like Ciota, I'm sure the mayor will fire Tasca. However, there is no way on gods green earth that this will stand up with the Civil Service Commission. Tasca will get all his back pay plus. Not to mention a certain law suit for age discrimination and retaliation against him for fighting the deputy chief position that wasn't even approved by the city council or civil service. Must have been more great advice the mayor got from Ciota. I wonder what kind of investigation the mayor did when she hired Ciota and DeMorua??? Firing someone is one thing. Making it stand with crap like he said he said is a JOKE!!! Mayor Wong could care less because she won't have to sign the check to pay Taca in the end. Where in hell has the Chief been in all this? Read the City of Fitchburg Codes. Powers and Duties of the Police Chief: He is supposed to be in entire control of the police department. List him as MIA. He's the one that should be discipline for allowing a supposed mis-use of comp., time if that is what they are alleging. Why didn't the chief call Tasca in and asked him about the use of his comp. time. No, instead, he and his other idoits called the mayor to report we might have something on Tasca. Then is sounds like they got this Donovan in who I've heard was friendly with DeMoura when he was with the Lowell PD. This really is starting to stink!
After all this time it looks like you are the only one that got it right.
Lynch for Mayor

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Feb 6, 2012
 
gom16-31 wrote:
Fitchburg Police Dept. was a cesspool back in the 1980's. Don't kid yourself. These are the same guys that were doing the same exact things and getting away with them back then! This dept. has been corrupt for a very long time! Tasca and guys like him think they owned this city, and people became intimidated by them, until you finally stand up to them. You need to threaten back with the law/lawyer, that is all that they understand. They do and did one anothers bidding. They are just like the good ole boys net work of the south, but its Fitchburg, an its been going on for over 30 years. Its truly amazing! Thank God, they brought in someone who is not from this area, that will help to stop it. I thought Mark Louney was a decent Policeman and person until I needed his help with one of Fitchburgs finest, and when I went to him, he did nothing to help me, and we had known one another all our lives. I was shocked and so dissappointed. I had heard only about six months ago that he had been in trouble with the police dept. I live out of the area now, so I am shocked to see he turned totally into one of the bad guys. Just like the cop that was harrassing me way back then in the early 1980's and getting away with it! Until I walked into the Chiefs office and told him everything, and it stopped! You have to show these cops, you have the guts to do whatever it takes to not put up with harrassment! They can make your life a living hell! Fitchburg was notorius for this back in the 80's!!! Kearns was one of the newer cops who helped the cop that was harrassing me back in the day! He is no good! Not to be trusted! Payback is a bitch! or is it... what goes around comes around! or is it...ya gotta love karma! Its time to clean OUT Fitchburg Police Dept.!!!
<quoted text>
People need to vote and it will stop! Kearns could of properly addressed the situation a couple years ago concerning my incident, instead he stonewalled accountability from taking place.

Officer Kearns and others will be addressed directly in a lawsuit soon! Unfortunately even when these lawsuits have been settled by the city the FPD continues their harrassing ways.

I agree the bringing in Chief Demoura put a wrench in the works for a bit but unfortunately he is now part of the problem where NO FPD member is EVER held accountable for their actions.

Release the Tasca files!! Lets see who Tasca was including when he stated to the newspaper "the entire adminiostration has been taking money this way for years"! This was the taxpayers money as the Mayor has absoluytely NO right to not disclose!

WHY REFUSE TO DISCLOSE???
Chucks Case is BS

Winchendon, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Feb 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Chucks Case is BS wrote:
<quoted text>
It looks like you forgot how to spell your own name again.
Be sure that you take your time and you get the spelling right, whenever you switch back from posting the phoney crapola while using my name.
I can picture you at the keyboard now......You are dribbling in delight as you post another one of your phoney emails, and then you are too stupid to spell your own name correctly.
BUT I do know how to spell my name. I have a real identity. I'm a person-with a name.

I'll be sharing much about myself and people will learn much about me. Because they should know me. I have a story to tell about myself, and it is a tale of woe and unimaginable abuse that leaves me bitter and confused. I'm sick, and I need help for this obsession and compulsive need to character assassinate my husbands police officer colleagues on a public bulletin board.

My name is Chuck's Case is BS, and I need help. What medicine may help? Has anyone had success with Paxil or anything else for OCD? How about personality disorders? Is anyone getting good therapy for that, and can they refer a reputable successful psychologist for me?

Please, someone help me.

Chucks case is BS

Winchendon, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Feb 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Chucks Case is BS wrote:
<quoted text>
BUT I do know how to spell my name. I have a real identity. I'm a person-with a name.
I'll be sharing much about myself and people will learn much about me. Because they should know me. I have a story to tell about myself, and it is a tale of woe and unimaginable abuse that leaves me bitter and confused. I'm sick, and I need help for this obsession and compulsive need to character assassinate my husbands police officer colleagues on a public bulletin board.
My name is Chuck's Case is BS, and I need help. What medicine may help? Has anyone had success with Paxil or anything else for OCD? How about personality disorders? Is anyone getting good therapy for that, and can they refer a reputable successful psychologist for me?
Please, someone help me.
No, I'm not "nuts," nor am I "clueless." I was sexually assaulted when I was very young, and it's left indelible scars, on my soul. It's made me a bitter and vengeful person. The person who molested me was a person I trusted, and it's difficult to trust anyone now I'm an adult, especially people in positions of authority. I

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
Feb 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Lynch for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
People need to vote and it will stop! Kearns could of properly addressed the situation a couple years ago concerning my incident, instead he stonewalled accountability from taking place.
Officer Kearns and others will be addressed directly in a lawsuit soon! Unfortunately even when these lawsuits have been settled by the city the FPD continues their harrassing ways.
I agree the bringing in Chief Demoura put a wrench in the works for a bit but unfortunately he is now part of the problem where NO FPD member is EVER held accountable for their actions.
Release the Tasca files!! Lets see who Tasca was including when he stated to the newspaper "the entire adminiostration has been taking money this way for years"! This was the taxpayers money as the Mayor has absoluytely NO right to not disclose!
WHY REFUSE TO DISCLOSE???
Where's the citation and the context of that statement Lynch?
Are you lying once again?

The City Solicitor released the complete and "final" report of the Tasca investigation and no where in that report did it say any such thing. In fact, it was reported that Chief Cronin ended the practice of collecting time owed while he served as police chief and Cronin stated that Tasca never discussed with him or approached him regarding the fact that he thought he was entitled to 'time owed' for hours worked in excess of his normal work week. And it was also confirmed through that investigation that Tasca never tried to access time owed before 2009 which is the reason Taska never discussed it with Cronin.

Tasca also stated during a hearing at City Hall that he only did it for days he spent caring for his daughter when she was diagnosed with cancer.

And why are you still on here demanding the Mayor release a report that was already released by the city solicitor upon it's completion and when the details of that so called "investigation" were also reported in the newspaper? Try google Lynch! You'd be surprised what turns up with a little effort. Heck, how do you suppose people found out all about your criminal past?

Is it no wonder why you've lost all credibility?
Tasca should be the one filing a lawsuit against you Lynch.
NWO

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Feb 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Chucks case is BS wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm not "nuts," nor am I "clueless." I was sexually assaulted when I was very young, and it's left indelible scars, on my soul. It's made me a bitter and vengeful person. The person who molested me was a person I trusted, and it's difficult to trust anyone now I'm an adult, especially people in positions of authority. I
So, Civil Servant Supporter, is that what inspired you to become a LEO?
Chucks case is BS

Winchendon, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
Feb 6, 2012
 
NWO wrote:
<quoted text>
So, Civil Servant Supporter, is that what inspired you to become a LEO?
I remember Civil Servant Supporter saying he was a Capricorn, not a Leo.
Chucks case is BS

Winchendon, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Feb 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

NWO wrote:
<quoted text>
So, Civil Servant Supporter, is that what inspired you to become a LEO?
Quick, Kevin! Tag this "brilliant" and "funny" so I can go to bed tonight feeling good about myself as the one-and-only policemen's policeman. That means I'm the po-po's po-po,(or am I a po-po's ho, or am I the ho of the po-po?
the flock

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#60
Nov 12, 2013
 
JIm wrote:
If they were looking for a credible witness, Louney was a poor choice. He was under investigation and resigned the day before his hearing.
Tasca should see the writing on the wall and resign as well.
Jimbo
the flock

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61
Nov 12, 2013
 
gom16-31 wrote:
Fitchburg Police Dept. was a cesspool back in the 1980's. Don't kid yourself. These are the same guys that were doing the same exact things and getting away with them back then! This dept. has been corrupt for a very long time! Tasca and guys like him think they owned this city, and people became intimidated by them, until you finally stand up to them. You need to threaten back with the law/lawyer, that is all that they understand. They do and did one anothers bidding. They are just like the good ole boys net work of the south, but its Fitchburg, an its been going on for over 30 years. Its truly amazing! Thank God, they brought in someone who is not from this area, that will help to stop it. I thought Mark Louney was a decent Policeman and person until I needed his help with one of Fitchburgs finest, and when I went to him, he did nothing to help me, and we had known one another all our lives. I was shocked and so dissappointed. I had heard only about six months ago that he had been in trouble with the police dept. I live out of the area now, so I am shocked to see he turned totally into one of the bad guys. Just like the cop that was harrassing me way back then in the early 1980's and getting away with it! Until I walked into the Chiefs office and told him everything, and it stopped! You have to show these cops, you have the guts to do whatever it takes to not put up with harrassment! They can make your life a living hell! Fitchburg was notorius for this back in the 80's!!! Kearns was one of the newer cops who helped the cop that was harrassing me back in the day! He is no good! Not to be trusted! Payback is a bitch! or is it... what goes around comes around! or is it...ya gotta love karma! Its time to clean OUT Fitchburg Police Dept.!!!
<quoted text>
Kearns may be the Chief that Kaddy picked

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Fitchburg Forum right now

Search the Fitchburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Fitchburg neighbors come together for yearly co... 3 hr ken 7
FHS cohort attends leadership conference 4 hr Jtn 2
Developer sees retail center at Pelletier's 10 hr Joe Underbridge 3
Arthur T. Demoulas makes offer to buy Market Ba... 11 hr Joe L Kaddie 3
How to get hot babes 11 hr Joe Underbridge 3
a holes 13 hr jtn 10
Fitchburg summer reading camp expands to includ... 13 hr jtn 2
•••
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••
•••

Fitchburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fitchburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Fitchburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fitchburg
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••