Woman arrested driving wrong way down Route 2

State police arrested the wife of the Lancaster police chief early Saturday morning for allegedly driving the wrong way on Route 2 while drunk, according to State Trooper Shane Pierce of the Leominster ... Read more
william butler

AOL

#1 Sep 3, 2006
drunk driving? and she should be setting an example because she's the wife of the chief. now to find out how she's going to get off the charges.and being the chiefs wife? i bet she does.
anyone else? loss of license, fines,maybe jail time,drunk school, etc.
i guess it's who you know and who you are.
Melinda Erickson

San Diego, CA

#2 Sep 3, 2006
Sad, more than anything, cause she could have killed herself along with others.

I hope you follow this story, as it will be interesting to see if any charges are ever brought against her. Unfortunately, we all see too often the "perks" of having friends - in this case a spouse - in high places. Her Husband, along with her well-connected and politically savvy co-workers, will almost certainly make her outcome a "slap-on-the-wrist" and victims of fatal DUI accidents feel defeated, once again.
John Fuller

Manchester, NH

#3 Sep 5, 2006
william butler wrote:
drunk driving? and she should be setting an example because she's the wife of the chief. now to find out how she's going to get off the charges.and being the chiefs wife? i bet she does.
anyone else? loss of license, fines,maybe jail time,drunk school, etc.
i guess it's who you know and who you are.
Give the girl a break! We all make mistakes....
bev

AOL

#4 Sep 6, 2006
sure would like to see what happens my son lost his license for 4 years!!! and he was not drunk he had a few and they stopped him for so called going over a yellow line he and we the parents went through hell with that mess and this lady who actually was drunk and yes could of killed someone wont lose her license i bet!!!!! political or what makes me sick
SK -Harvard

Hollis, NH

#5 Sep 6, 2006
"Give the girl a break! We all make mistakes....," no-we don't make "mistakes" like this women did. A "mistake" is a fender bender in a parking lot. Drinking to inebriation and driving the wrong way down a major highway (and in Leominster, Route 2 is very busy) is a criminal act.
I've never driven drunk against traffic on a busy road (or driven drunk with traffic, for that matter). This women certainly deserves to lose her license for an extended period.
John Fuller

Manchester, NH

#6 Sep 14, 2006
SK -Harvard wrote:
"Give the girl a break! We all make mistakes....," no-we don't make "mistakes" like this women did. A "mistake" is a fender bender in a parking lot. Drinking to inebriation and driving the wrong way down a major highway (and in Leominster, Route 2 is very busy) is a criminal act.
I've never driven drunk against traffic on a busy road (or driven drunk with traffic, for that matter). This women certainly deserves to lose her license for an extended period.
some people make bigger mistakes than others, thank God nobody got hurt, time to move on...
Really John

Fitchburg, MA

#7 Jul 6, 2013
John Fuller wrote:
<quoted text>some people make bigger mistakes than others, thank God nobody got hurt, time to move on...
Forgive the connected
Cheryl

Worcester, MA

#9 Aug 15, 2013
People who try to commit suicide often times try to take other people with them. she could have killed a family in a head on collision. She needs psychiatric help. She may be in an abusive situation with her husband.
Debbie

Concord, MA

#10 Aug 16, 2013
Im okay don't worry about me
You Know Who

Marlborough, MA

#11 Aug 16, 2013
Cheryl wrote:
People who try to commit suicide often times try to take other people with them. she could have killed a family in a head on collision. She needs psychiatric help. She may be in an abusive situation with her husband.
You raise a very good point Cheryl, she may, very well, be in an abusive relationship.

As I have mentioned a few times on this site, it is a documented fact that domestic violence happens more often in law enforcement families than it does in families from the general public.

My theory on this is that cops are so used to winning, or to coming out ahead, even when they are completely wrong or it is they, themselves who instigated the altercation; that they are ill equipped for something as simple as compromise; or give and take. The very basic things that happen every day in healthy relationships....Let's face it. Many, many cops are on a big bad ego trip.

I, myself, witnessed officer Michael Sevigny of the FPD flying off the handle and acting like an out of control boob over something of an extremely petty and minor nature. I suppose his fragile ego had been challenged, and by golly, he was going to make it clear who was wearing the mighty badge. His unwarrented display of jack-ass-erie was almost sad to witness. Clearly there was more behind it than the minor incident that had set him off on a crusade to make a fool of himself.....as I drove away from the scene of his tantrum, I could not help but wonder how he handles himself around his family members.....
Debbie

Concord, MA

#12 Aug 16, 2013
You Know Who wrote:
<quoted text>
You raise a very good point Cheryl, she may, very well, be in an abusive relationship.
As I have mentioned a few times on this site, it is a documented fact that domestic violence happens more often in law enforcement families than it does in families from the general public.
My theory on this is that cops are so used to winning, or to coming out ahead, even when they are completely wrong or it is they, themselves who instigated the altercation; that they are ill equipped for something as simple as compromise; or give and take. The very basic things that happen every day in healthy relationships....Let's face it. Many, many cops are on a big bad ego trip.
I, myself, witnessed officer Michael Sevigny of the FPD flying off the handle and acting like an out of control boob over something of an extremely petty and minor nature. I suppose his fragile ego had been challenged, and by golly, he was going to make it clear who was wearing the mighty badge. His unwarrented display of jack-ass-erie was almost sad to witness. Clearly there was more behind it than the minor incident that had set him off on a crusade to make a fool of himself.....as I drove away from the scene of his tantrum, I could not help but wonder how he handles himself around his family members.....
sounds like the FSU rent a oops
Blameless Society

Fitchburg, MA

#13 Aug 18, 2013
"Give the girl a break! We all make mistakes...."
Hey John Fuller...would you say that if she were driving in a drunken stupor and killed your family while they were out for a drive? It's not a mistake, it's STUPIDITY, and you should smarten up.
Confused

Leominster, MA

#14 Aug 18, 2013
You Know Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting story. Tell me did he say "You won't like me when I'm angry!" and then turn green?
Cry Baby

Fitchburg, MA

#15 Aug 18, 2013
is this from 06 like the story says? wow commets on a case over 7 years old wow

by the way the Globe reported that drunk drivers in Fitchburg are found not guilty 99% of the time by the judges there go fitchburg go
Debbie

Concord, MA

#16 Aug 19, 2013
It wasn't me it might have benn Kathy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Requesting for truce one more time 6 hr Lynch 11
Lynch for Mayor -convinced of Murder Plot (Aug '11) 6 hr Lynch 92
News Rollstone CEO elected chair of FSU trustees 6 hr Jtn 5
News Growing the new modern medicine 9 hr jtn 2
Vote Lynch for city councilor at large in Fitch... (Jul '13) 14 hr kevin Lynch 896
News Lynch cites police reform, job creation as top ... (Sep '11) 18 hr BillyBob 66
Lynch for Mayor will bring change (Aug '11) Sun 23 Skidoo 64
Fitchburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Fitchburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]