As fire spread, Shirley mom cried, 'Go get the girls!'

Full story: Lowell Sun

Beth Morris and her brother, Justin helped rescue Patricia LeBlanc's three daughters Abigail, 6, Molly, 8, and Kathryn, 11 from a fire at LeBlanc's apartment early Sunday.
Comments
1 - 20 of 41 Comments Last updated Apr 15, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
lowell dude

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2009

So she grabbed the ferrets first and then went to save the kids?
Fedup

Pepperell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2009

Very tragic and sad story. Heart goes out to the family & the girls. I do think the apartment was a bit over crowded, 3 kids, 3 adults, 3 cats 2 ferrets and a dog. Wow, all this in a 2 bedroom?
hazel

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2009

sean rourke is a good guy for helping out and i know that dave plourde is rite there with him.......GOOD GUYS!
umyeah

Canyon, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2009

yah, kudos on saving the kids, not to me an @ss or anything but she grabbed the freaking ferrets before the kids?
Anne RN

Novi, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2009

lowell dude wrote:
People do unusual things in a desperate situation. Don't judge 'til yo have been in her shoes-----may you never have to be.
Anne RN

Novi, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2009

Fedup wrote:
Very tragic and sad story. Heart goes out to the family & the girls. I do think the apartment was a bit over crowded, 3 kids, 3 adults, 3 cats 2 ferrets and a dog. Wow, all this in a 2 bedroom?
In these desperate times, having this many people in a home is NOT UNSUSAL! The nanny and her brother needed a place to live. The widowed mother needed help. End of story. So stop being a narrow minded jerk.
Who What Why

North Andover, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2009

Seems these house fires are always caused by candles or space heaters.
Who What Why

North Andover, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2009

umyeah wrote:
yah, kudos on saving the kids, not to me an @ss or anything but she grabbed the freaking ferrets before the kids?
Cage could have been placed in a way that they were accesable before the children.

Since: Jul 09

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2009

lowell dude wrote:
I was just about to say the same thing!!

Since: Jul 09

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2009

Anne RN wrote:
<quoted text>
In these desperate times, having this many people in a home is NOT UNSUSAL! The nanny and her brother needed a place to live. The widowed mother needed help. End of story. So stop being a narrow minded jerk.
Get over yourself Anne, she packed up the ferrets first!! My children would be my first priority. What if, in those few precious moments, while saving her ferrets, the fire was less contained than it was, that a "backdraft" occured!!
seriously

Amherst, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2009

I agree, maybe if she didn't grab the ferrets, the mother would not be in the condition she is today. These two look like they are trying to grab their 15 minutes of fame.
klm

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2009

the mother was on the first floor why would she not get up even if hurt the brother was on the floor behind the couch the mother was on. sounds like she did not want to live to me.
Cindy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2009

This is the lady with family in westford. They own the Healy funeral home. Why is her own family not helping her? They are asking for donations, money etc. Her family is well off. I home her siblings and mother read this and help that poor woman.
Nancy M Healy

Sandwich, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2009

Cindy wrote:
This is the lady with family in westford. They own the Healy funeral home. Why is her own family not helping her? They are asking for donations, money etc. Her family is well off. I home her siblings and mother read this and help that poor woman.
Cindy...for your information my sister lost her husband in Feb. She was left with little money to raise 3 children. My father and mother no longer own the Funeral home. They spent money on our education...BC...Harvard...NE. ., Emmanuel College etc. They worked hard and supported Westford...Church and public schools and were very generous to those families who could not afford the price of a funeral. We are not rich...How insensitive of you to think we are not helping and supporting Tricia.I hope you never face a tragedy of this nature. Tricia had fallen the day before and hurt her hip.Imagine the trauma and fear of 3 children... ages 6, 8, and 11 years old involved with trying to escape a fire. I hope you never have such a tragedy in your lifetime. Maybe you should get your facts straight before you comment. I am a retired school teacher living on a teachers' income. I am their temporary guardian and will spend my last nickel on my nieces. By the way my mom is ninety years old. Nancy
Jordan T Healy

Sandwich, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2009

First off, I would like to say that we are helping; myself included. Secondly the young woman is not a nanny, she was staying there due to the fact that she does not get along very well with her family. As for the brother, I do not know why he was there. Who knows why someone would grab the animals first... but what's done is done. So there is nothing anyone can do about that. Cindy, I love the stereotypical monologue. It is hard to help someone who until recently was having trouble helping herself, money is not the only way to help people. I visited those children and did errands for my aunt as often as possible. My other aunt has been clothing and feeding those children since they were born. This is a tragic event that no one could possibly plan for. I would appreciate it if no one has anything of the positive nature to say, that they please keep it to themselves. I think these children and my family deserve some privacy in this matter as we are doing the very best we can during this difficult time.
meme

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2009

Nancy and Jordan
Please note that not everyone is as insensitive as some of the people on this site. Your family is in many people's prayers with the hope that your sister gets better as fast as she is able to. Bless you for being able to step in to help care for your neices and know that there are people out here that care.
Cindy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2009

Nancy M Healy wrote:
<quoted text>
Cindy...for your information my sister lost her husband in Feb. She was left with little money to raise 3 children. My father and mother no longer own the Funeral home. They spent money on our education...BC...Harvard...NE. ., Emmanuel College etc. They worked hard and supported Westford...Church and public schools and were very generous to those families who could not afford the price of a funeral. We are not rich...How insensitive of you to think we are not helping and supporting Tricia.I hope you never face a tragedy of this nature. Tricia had fallen the day before and hurt her hip.Imagine the trauma and fear of 3 children... ages 6, 8, and 11 years old involved with trying to escape a fire. I hope you never have such a tragedy in your lifetime. Maybe you should get your facts straight before you comment. I am a retired school teacher living on a teachers' income. I am their temporary guardian and will spend my last nickel on my nieces. By the way my mom is ninety years old. Nancy
I know your whole family. Your sister should not be asking for donations. She has family who should be taking care of her and her living conditions. She is living with 2 bedrooms and all those people and animals. Shameful!! Say happy birthday to mom!
Cindy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2009

Jordan T Healy wrote:
First off, I would like to say that we are helping; myself included. Secondly the young woman is not a nanny, she was staying there due to the fact that she does not get along very well with her family. As for the brother, I do not know why he was there. Who knows why someone would grab the animals first... but what's done is done. So there is nothing anyone can do about that. Cindy, I love the stereotypical monologue. It is hard to help someone who until recently was having trouble helping herself, money is not the only way to help people. I visited those children and did errands for my aunt as often as possible. My

other aunt has been clothing and feeding those children sin they were born. This is a tragic event that no one could possibly plan for. I would appreciate it if no one has anything of the positive nature to say, that they please keep it to themselves. I think these children and my family deserve some privacy in this matter as we are doing the very best we can during this difficult time.
Oh your Healys need your privacy because you are embarrassed as well you should be. Find her a new home and put that on the front page of the lowell sun. Stop hiding
Cindy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2009

Cindy wrote:
<quoted text>
I know your whole family. Your sister should not be asking for donations. She has family who should be taking care of her and her living conditions. She is living with 2 bedrooms and all those people and animals. Shameful!! Say happy birthday to mom!
bY the way what did you do with that little secret named Jody. With all those so called degrees if you really have them, Someone has money enough to move the family out of that condemmed building she is living in.
Jordan T Healy

Sandwich, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2009

You know the whole family entirely do you? I doubt it, and don't you ever talk about Jody in that manner ever again. Why don't you try to find out facts before you pass judgments, or are you too ignorant to act like an actual human being. As far as beign embarrased, it is you who should feel that way, the only way you can feel good about yourself is to try and cause other people emotional harm. What is all this talk about having a ton of money? You think because people have money that makes it easier. You should be ashamed; karma sucks, just wait, one day you will need help and then see what people say about your situation. I'm twenty-four years old and I have more than twice the brain you do it seems.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Fitchburg Forum right now

Search the Fitchburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) 3 hr Officer Krupke 4,694
a holes 4 hr Sonny 9
Party 18 hr Mr greenjeans from gardne 2
Officials investigating two-alarm Fitchburg hou... 18 hr The real Jtn 3
boycotting new market basket prices Fri tim 22
Police: Woman robbed Cumberland Farms in Fitchb... Jul 23 Jtn 1
Manager: 'It could be empty tomorrow' Jul 23 Jtn 3
•••
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••
•••

Fitchburg Jobs