Fitchburg State campus center gets $900K in upgrades - Sentinel...

Fitchburg State College leaders held a ribbon-cutting Wednesday for the school's new-and-improved Hammond Campus Center after renovations that cost the college about $900,000, school officials said. Full Story
No way

Princeton, MA

#2 Oct 30, 2008
And the State has no money?

Since: Jul 08

Fitchburg, MA

#3 Oct 30, 2008
Money that was allocated way before there was issues in funding. People don't want to have to attend a school that is run down and out of date. This is just a ribbon ceremony......

Since: Oct 08

Leominster, MA

#4 Oct 30, 2008
Fitch1 is probably right. This money was spent months ago and the ribbon cutting was simply a gathering to celebrate the improvements.

But, in all seriousness, even if this project were just announced it should not cause alarm. These are the kind of projects that we should all be happy are being completed...any state money not spent on creating a semi-closed economy in Boston (Big Dig, matching tax cuts for companies that stay/move to the city) is good by me. Strengthening the local colleges is a long-term investment in the areas where they are located.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Massachusetts town drops plan for ban on tobacc... 20 hr Jtn 5
This time I really mean it. Really. Sat The Insider 43
Lynch request for court case to be brought forw... (Jul '13) Sat kev lynch 115
lynch for mayor 2014 (Apr '12) Sat BillyBob aka Jimbo 309
Awfully quiet on Topix as the heat is on (Nov '12) Fri Pajama People 24
Positive steps in Fitchburg (Sep '12) Fri Jeff 33
Where is Kevin Lynch? Fri Rambo 7

Fitchburg News Video

Fitchburg Dating
Find my Match