Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Judged:

Todays endorsement of Romney by the Sentinel is long been seen through its selective reporting champion the wealthy of Fitchburg.

Under its new editor the Sentinel has lost its credibility.

Two full pages in the Sunday paper, front page black background is a violation of the publics trust in my mind. This is more than an endorsement.

Shame on the Sentinel!!!!!!!! Bias once again, atleast they stay the same though which is totally bias reporting!
Hugh Jass

Framingham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Judged:

C'mon Lynchie...are you still carrying a grudge against the Sentinel because they declined to endorse your asshat candidacy for mayor against Wong and Solomito?
Big Sam

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Lynch wrote:
Todays endorsement of Romney by the Sentinel is long been seen through its selective reporting champion the wealthy of Fitchburg.
Two full pages in the Sunday paper, front page black background is a violation of the publics trust in my mind. This is more than an endorsement.
Shame on the Sentinel!!!!!!!! Bias once again, atleast they stay the same though which is totally bias reporting!
you must be on welfare and food stamps i bet
Love it

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Lynch wrote:
And when the NY Times, Boston Globe and T&G endorse Obama is that a violation of the public's trust as well? You're a simpleton. A complete and udder failure at everything you've ever attempted. The only thing you've succeeded at is being a loser.
Dech

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Judged:

Not unexpected. Totally a Republican newspaper all the way. My dad use to call it the empty prize way back. Has not changed!
Lol

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Judged:

Dech wrote:
Not unexpected. Totally a Republican newspaper all the way. My dad use to call it the empty prize way back. Has not changed!
Your dad was an idiot and like to touch other men at the Y.
Stupid Dummy

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

All media is biased and misleading. Like the reports of the 'menengitis outbreak'. Call it what it really is. It's not an outbreak it's a mass murder.
Stamos is editor of SE

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Love it wrote:
<quoted text>
And when the NY Times, Boston Globe and T&G endorse Obama is that a violation of the public's trust as well? You're a simpleton. A complete and udder failure at everything you've ever attempted. The only thing you've succeeded at is being a loser.
The Sentinel editor needs to be investigated. A front page/two page editorial endorsement? This was more like an advertisement than an endorsement.

Then they issued a free copy of this Sunday Pro-Romney advertisement to alllocal voters. The DNC needs to comment! I cannot believe that the editor spent massive financials of the Sentinel!!

The Sentinel just discredited everything they print, this is WAY BEYOND the normal endorsement!
Lol

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

At least Romney never killed a man, right lynch?
Clarence Darrow

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

Lynch,

Please cite the law that the S&E is violating? We'll wait while you perform an exhaustive search.

I could save you the time and say "just because you think it's against the law doesn't meant that you have any clue why you're talking about". You are clueless in just about all matters, especially law.
Cuckoos Nest

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

Lynch wrote:
Who cares? Don't read the newspaper if you don't like it. You chose to read the Sentinel, they didn't force you.

And by the way I wouldn't be talking about a violation of public trust if I was you..........wink.
Jefferson and Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

Under the pretense of assisting the voters in making up their minds, newspapers and various "Alliances for Good Government" do a great disservice to the political process by making recommendations of those candidates in upcoming elections for whom the voters should cast their ballot. In making such endorsements, these public announcements in effect replace the process that should be going on in the voter's mind. If a newspaper or a group interested in good government wanted to render a real service to the voting public, it would provide voters with the information and evidence they need in order to make their own decisions, not attempt to make those decisions for them. But by suggesting a single candidate for each office, with no explanation of why the other candidates were passed over and no detailed comparison of all the candidates, these announcements do not assist the voter when making a choice. Instead, they undermine the election process itself, for it is the reasoned choice of each individual voter that is the security of our democratic system. It is only through the closest attention of the people that government can be kept on track.

"If once [the people] become inattentive to the public affairs, you and I, and Congress and Assemblies, Judges and Governors, shall all become wolves. It seems to be the law of our general nature, in spite of individual exceptions." --Thomas Jefferson to E, Carrington, 1787.
Jefferson and Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

It could be said that this kind of knowledge is the voter's responsibility, and that the burden of educating the public cannot be laid on privately owned newspapers and agencies. But this is a matter of social responsibility for the press and those agencies. This is why we have a free press, and a responsible press should want to meet the needs of a free society. It is asking too much to expect voters to assemble all the information they need to properly fulfill their job of deciding between candidates. They would need to keep files and scrapbooks on all the candidates in order to do this, and even then they would be relying on printed sources. No ordinary person who works for a living should be asked to devote that much time and attention to such a task, however important it is. At the same time, such a task could be more easily done by those trained and equipped to do it, and it could be done for the benefit of all if published in the newspapers.
free newspapers for voter

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

In order to make a proper judgment, those who decide must have the evidence pro and con presented to them. When a newspaper makes an endorsement, it encourages the voters to avoid thinking and making decisions based on their own judgment. This is no more proper in the political process than it would be for a judge to direct every verdict of a jury. The whole idea of a government of the people is to insure that the least likely to be corruptible element in the nation--the people themselves--is in a position to exercise their judgment.

"We think experience has proved it safer for the mass of individuals composing the society to reserve to themselves personally the exercise of all rightful powers to which they are competent and to delegate those to which they are not competent to deputies named and removable for unfaithful conduct by themselves immediately." --Thomas Jefferson to P. Dupont, 1816.
Irresponsible editor

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

This protective mechanism, this essential element of good government, is thwarted by anything that deprives the people of the capacity to exercise their judgment. Just like a good judge, a responsible newspaper should see to it that the case is impartially presented to the voters, and then leave it to them to make what they think is the proper decision. When it does otherwise, it not only treats the voters in a demeaning manner, but it undermines the fundamental operation of our system of government. Sure, editors are themselves intelligent people, and no doubt feel that their expressed judgment is valid. But everyone's mind is influenced by interests that are often unconsciously effective. And where interest may be consciously made effective to advantage, we can expect it to happen.
Irresponsible editor

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

The people need the information necessary to form an opinion. They don't need to be told what that opinion should be. Telling people what to think and how to vote is the way things are done in a dictatorship, not in a free country. Newspapers are indispensable for the proper functioning of our democracy, but their aim should be to furnish the people with the information they need to make their decisions, and not try to make those decisions for them.
Cuckoos Nest

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

Uh? Somebody having a bad day?
wow lynch

Westminster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

Lynch wrote:
What you lost your battle picking on the FPD and the collage so now your after the Fitchburg Sentinel?? You want an investigation done on anybody the does not have the same ideas as you. Someone should have an investigation done on you !!
huh

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

wow lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
What you lost your battle picking on the FPD and the collage so now your after the Fitchburg Sentinel?? You want an investigation done on anybody the does not have the same ideas as you. Someone should have an investigation done on you !!
And you should learn to spell.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Lynch wrote:
Hey Lynch, the Boston Herald just endorsed ROMNEY. I think you should seriously consider a lawsuit, no?
Bwahahahahha hahahahhaahahha Bwahahahah.

Now let me get back to editing!
Bwahahah hahahha hahah Bwahahahha

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••
•••

Fitchburg Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Fitchburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••