Cleghorn Dave

Leominster, MA

#21 Aug 12, 2011
We can agree to disagree. Not everyone in Fitchburg can afford a car. Having these stores in town would not only create tax revenue but also if they are within walking distance residents can do their shopping for t.v.'s lumber and appliances etc.
Cleghorn Dave

Leominster, MA

#22 Aug 12, 2011
Also Mr. Lynch is leading the charge against illegal parking. Mr. Lynch is all about truth, justice, and the American way.
Just Facts

United States

#23 Aug 12, 2011
Just waiting for someone to play the old theme song from the old Superman series.

Cleghorn Dave seems to think that we will all ignore the bountiful evidence that Lynch is an ex-con with a grudge and we don't need him or his lame ideas.

Lynch is a joke, and a big one at that. He has no concept of the reality of his misplaced ideas or the authority, or lack thereof in the mayors chair. He insists that as a mayor, he will change the world of Fitchburg...thats funny.

He needs to first go show that he is something besides a drain on our taxes and resources...he is a scumbag.
Justin Case

Worcester, MA

#24 Aug 12, 2011
Cleghorn Dave wrote:
Also Mr. Lynch is leading the charge against illegal parking.
Only in one location. He has not addressed illegal parking anywhere else. This is not a platform for mayor.
The Insider

Hyannis, MA

#25 Aug 12, 2011
Cleghorn Dave wrote:
We can agree to disagree. Not everyone in Fitchburg can afford a car. Having these stores in town would not only create tax revenue but also if they are within walking distance residents can do their shopping for t.v.'s lumber and appliances etc.
I know for sure they will not build a Walmart or Home Depot at Parkhill or downtown. So not having a car is a mute point. I am sure people will not be walking a few miles carrying a load of 2x4's. It will not create tax revenue. The state receives the tax revenue from sales not the city.

All the private small stores will go out of business. If you cannot afford a car then you cannot afford to go shopping for appliances, lumber etc. People in Leominster are complaining of the high volume of traffic throughout their city due to the stores. Driver's are constantly speeding thru small neighborhoods now as the seek alternate short cuts thru the city.

Many former lightly used Leominster streets are now very busy and the residents wish they could return to the old days of living in a quiet community.

If you want Fitchburg to be like Leominster just move to Leominster and leave Fitchburg. Fitchburg can retain and increase their property values by remaining a quiet community. Look at Westminster and Ashburnham. You do not need a highly developed city to be prosperous.

There is nothing wrong with two abutting cities having complete different characteristics. People whom still work in Boston, the North and South shores would have not moved here if they wanted the over developed mall city. Home prices can also rise and be out of reach and unttainable in over developed communities. That will mean no middle class and only the rich will be able to live here. Malls can also bring the very poor population into the city. Take a ride to Holyoke with the numerous low income projects surrounding the mall.
Why do you think those Rte.2 5am commuters live here?
Justin Case

Worcester, MA

#26 Aug 12, 2011
Fitchburg needs a different business model altogether. Sorry, "Insider," but there needs to be SOME business revenue so the homeowners aren't carrying the entire revenue burden. But, I agree that Fitchburg is not a big box store locale. The downtown is sloooowly evolving into an arts destination and there may be complimentary businesses that would be better attracted and supported under a cultural economy long range scenario. Think Northampton East - Northampton is a college town (I know, I know) and has lots of very cool little shops, galleries, and restaurants. And the big shopping center is somewhere else. Why not Fitchburg?

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#27 Aug 12, 2011
Try as I may I cannot make myself take Lynch's candidacy for Mayor seriously.
Though I have never entertained the slightest fear this ridiculous person could be elected Mayor it is plain enough that many besides himself and his type actually regard such a thing as not only plausible but even probable.
To a great degree this is a direct consequence of the unprecedented blizzard of public discourse among the class warfare "spread the wealth" crowd. Like Lynch, these are the con men of our age, and all they really know is how to stir up rage and anger and direct it towards "the enemy" --
That enemy being anybody of course that has more than they, or in Lynch's case, the Police or any "authority" who he thinks are responsible for locking him up in prison for a vicious crime he plead guilty to in his past.
Just reading some of his many rants it becomes very obvious that he believes it is "HE" who is the actual "VICTIM" of the brutal murder he was imprisoned for.
Not only does he refuse to admit responsibility or show the slightest bit of remorse towards his victim he even goes as far as accusing and trying to justify that victims murder through some crazy third person rant about some Whitey Bulger leg breaker.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/fitchburg-ma/...
We do not have long to wait before the outcome that will relieve the class warfare "spread the welfare fears from the middle class. It will be a happy day of rejoicing for such people when Lynch is defeated and they awake therewith from their silly and utterly unnecessary nightmare. But for people like me the deeper trouble and larger concern is not so easily dispelled.
There is no need to labor over an explanation for any support enjoyed by Lynch. Fools and nafs and opportunists are nothing new. There has always been a more than adequate supply of crazies prepared to vote for someone like Lynch. About such people there is nothing to be done except hope that in time some may mature or otherwise grow sufficiently to abandon their illusions about politics. We know from experience (through Obama) of course that the vast majority of such people will never change, perhaps because they simply cannot shake that victim mentality.
The Insider

Hyannis, MA

#28 Aug 12, 2011
I will be at Mr.Solomito's coffee gathering that he is holding tonight at 6:30 pm. He will be having a coffee gathering at a local supporter's home in every neighborhood during his campaign to discuss the issues that concern the resident's.

I haven't heard when Mr. Lynch is holding his meeting in my neighborhood? He must have supporters throughout the city in every neighborhood, right?
The Insider

Hyannis, MA

#29 Aug 12, 2011

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#30 Aug 12, 2011
The Insider wrote:
I will be at Mr.Solomito's coffee gathering that he is holding tonight at 6:30 pm. He will be having a coffee gathering at a local supporter's home in every neighborhood during his campaign to discuss the issues that concern the resident's.
I haven't heard when Mr. Lynch is holding his meeting in my neighborhood? He must have supporters throughout the city in every neighborhood, right?
Speaking of coffee party, Lynch identified himself as a "Coffee Party" candadate during his T&G announcement. Has anyone even noticed he's been avoiding his coffee party affiliation ever since, Why?
haha

Leominster, MA

#31 Aug 12, 2011
The Insider wrote:
While you're there, find out how he can be such a hypocrite. When the library's budget was cut, the council had considered closing it entirely. When the current mayor developed a plan to buy the street lights, the council struck the item from the budget. Please find out how he can oppose a state mandated cost (separating the sewer system) allocation raise when this should have been taken care of years ago (when it would have been cheaper) and the council chose to delay until legal action was threatened. How long has he been on the council? Sounds like he has been part of the problem - not a solution. Where's the money for all your ideas, Joe?
Cleghorn Dave

Leominster, MA

#32 Aug 12, 2011
Mr. Lynch can't be bothered with coffee socials, there are more important issues in the city that need his attention. Mr. Lynch is a very attractive candidate. If Mr. Lynch did decide to try and get votes with coffee and doughnuts that would be wrong.
AAA

Orange, MA

#33 Aug 12, 2011
Cleghorn Dave wrote:
Mr. Lynch can't be bothered with coffee socials, there are more important issues in the city that need his attention. Mr. Lynch is a very attractive candidate. If Mr. Lynch did decide to try and get votes with coffee and doughnuts that would be wrong.
At election time what's more important than meeting voters and talking about issues? What more important issues does Lynch need to attend to? He has no power, is is not currently elected to any office. Does Lynch think he is above going out and meeting the voters? You think that socializing with voters is wrong? You believe that talking about the issues with voters is not important?
Lynch for Mayor

Fitchburg, MA

#34 Aug 12, 2011
AAA wrote:
<quoted text>At election time what's more important than meeting voters and talking about issues? What more important issues does Lynch need to attend to? He has no power, is is not currently elected to any office. Does Lynch think he is above going out and meeting the voters? You think that socializing with voters is wrong? You believe that talking about the issues with voters is not important?
You are lying again. I have been out meeting and listening to many voters. Mr. Solomito meets with the same little crowd that he drove down Main st on his float and that is it! We need a debate!

As I have stated many times before; mr. Solomito has been in office long enough to bring about change and has not! Mayor Wong began her first term bringing about some change and then she settled into the "political safe" position by sitting on the sidelines and taking half measures to solve the city's problems.

As Mayor I will propose to repeal the water and sewer rate hikes for all Fitchburg citizens. These hikes have hurt our elderly citizens the most as there fixed incomes are attacked again. If we had leadership then these increases never would have come to fruition.

We need to begin to talk about the issues at hand. As Mayor I will renegotiate the FPD contract. i will make sure that Fitchburg has the most efficient law enforcement in the state. In this proposal I will increase the starting salary but I will propose a possible 30% reduction in days off. I will demand that the FPD creats and maintains shifts needs. I would also have cameras placed within the FPD and incorporate an Internal Affairs. I will make sure that the message to all Fitchburg citizens will be that they count and should be respected by our law enforcement. I will create programs that will begin to create a "sense of community" between the citizens and the police. If members of the FPD do not want to adhere to the new contract then they can leave! There are thousands of able bodied individuals to take their place. Enough is enough.

Let me tell you all something, if Solomito wanted to keep the library open for citizens of Fitchburg it wouls already be open. The group on his float could fund the library hours that are not currently funded! Instead of giving Solomito $500 checks send them to the library!

I would encourage all Fitchburg citizens to vote out 100% of the incumbants and then demand that whoever is elected Mayor to fire all the city boards and start with a fresh agenda and new faces. It is time that the people of Fitchburg are treated better than they have been for the past three decades! It is always the "same old, same old" for the citizens of Fitchburg! When the state was doing well economically, Fitchburg was suffering greatly economically and plagued with a high crime rate. Enough is enough!
Cleghorn Dave

Leominster, MA

#35 Aug 12, 2011
I think Mr. Lynch believes that actions speak louder than words. I believe that Mr. Lynch would rather give someone a cup of coffee rather than taking one from them. I also believe that Mr. Lynch if elected would support adding more cells at the fpd so they can accommidate the criminals arrested.
Cleghorn Dave

Leominster, MA

#36 Aug 12, 2011
You can sit around sipping coffee and talk about the same problems that have been plauging this city for years or you can take action as I believe Mr. Lynch can.
AAA

Orange, MA

#37 Aug 12, 2011
Lynch for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You are lying again. I have been out meeting and listening to many voters. Mr. Solomito meets with the same little crowd that he drove down Main st on his float and that is it! We need a debate!
As I have stated many times before; mr. Solomito has been in office long enough to bring about change and has not! Mayor Wong began her first term bringing about some change and then she settled into the "political safe" position by sitting on the sidelines and taking half measures to solve the city's problems.
As Mayor I will propose to repeal the water and sewer rate hikes for all Fitchburg citizens. These hikes have hurt our elderly citizens the most as there fixed incomes are attacked again. If we had leadership then these increases never would have come to fruition.
We need to begin to talk about the issues at hand. As Mayor I will renegotiate the FPD contract. i will make sure that Fitchburg has the most efficient law enforcement in the state. In this proposal I will increase the starting salary but I will propose a possible 30% reduction in days off. I will demand that the FPD creats and maintains shifts needs. I would also have cameras placed within the FPD and incorporate an Internal Affairs. I will make sure that the message to all Fitchburg citizens will be that they count and should be respected by our law enforcement. I will create programs that will begin to create a "sense of community" between the citizens and the police. If members of the FPD do not want to adhere to the new contract then they can leave! There are thousands of able bodied individuals to take their place. Enough is enough.
Let me tell you all something, if Solomito wanted to keep the library open for citizens of Fitchburg it wouls already be open. The group on his float could fund the library hours that are not currently funded! Instead of giving Solomito $500 checks send them to the library!
I would encourage all Fitchburg citizens to vote out 100% of the incumbants and then demand that whoever is elected Mayor to fire all the city boards and start with a fresh agenda and new faces. It is time that the people of Fitchburg are treated better than they have been for the past three decades! It is always the "same old, same old" for the citizens of Fitchburg! When the state was doing well economically, Fitchburg was suffering greatly economically and plagued with a high crime rate. Enough is enough!
I'm not lying. One of your supporters claims that meeting voters in their homes is above you, that it is a waste of your time. Solomito is doing exactly what needs to be done to win votes. You on the other hand, well, where should I start? So you prpose to cut the days off of police officers in a department that is 20 officers shorter than it was 5 years ago. You have no legal power to change the current contract, it can't be done . All your doing is giving your small group of ignorant supporters false hope.
AAA

Orange, MA

#38 Aug 12, 2011
Cleghorn Dave wrote:
I think Mr. Lynch believes that actions speak louder than words. I believe that Mr. Lynch would rather give someone a cup of coffee rather than taking one from them. I also believe that Mr. Lynch if elected would support adding more cells at the fpd so they can accommidate the criminals arrested.
Are you for F'n real. Did you come from the same sperm as Lynch. You must have, your just as much as an idiot
AAA

Orange, MA

#39 Aug 12, 2011
Lynch for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
What you should be doing is visiting voters and doing what Mayor Wong and Joe Solomito are doing, visiting homes and discussing the issues with the real voters.You waste your days, all day and night on this forum trying to drum up support for your lame brain ideas and you vendetta against the FPD. You shouild be doing wgat the other two candidates are doing, pounding the pavement.
Cleghorn Dave

Leominster, MA

#40 Aug 12, 2011
When Mr. Lynch is elected crime rate will go down. When Mr. Lynch is elected businesses will be moving into town instead of moving out. Once Mr. Lynch is in office your property values will go up and your property taxes will go down. People are afraid of change but it's time to clean house and elect someone with true vision.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Baker caps big week with Globe endorsement 38 min Jtn 10
Positive steps in Fitchburg (Sep '12) 8 hr Jtn 31
Charlie Baker for governor Thu echo 2
Police respond to Fitchburg armed robbery Thu BillyBob 3
Gov. calls for in-state tuition for immigrants ... (Nov '10) Thu Heather 94
Suspect in attempted murder deemed dangerous Thu Watching 4
Privacy violations Thu Jtn 6

Fitchburg News Video

Fitchburg Dating
Find my Match