Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2011

Judged:

Todays poll question at the S&E website shows Solomito is crushing the other candidates. Maybe Wong and Lynch need bigger signs?
Lynch for Mayor

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2011

Judged:

Interesting wrote:
Todays poll question at the S&E website shows Solomito is crushing the other candidates. Maybe Wong and Lynch need bigger signs?
Well it is obvious that Solomito supportors hit the redial as he gained over 100 of his hits in the last 40 minutes. You guys went too far as you obviously were hitting up the Sentinel in the last hour. Whatever inflates your ego!
Interesting

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2011

Judged:

I voted for Wong. She's a very intelligent woman without a personal agenda.
haha

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2011

Judged:

Lynch for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it is obvious that Solomito supportors hit the redial as he gained over 100 of his hits in the last 40 minutes. You guys went too far as you obviously were hitting up the Sentinel in the last hour. Whatever inflates your ego!
Yeah, I figured out how to rig it to vote multiple times, too. It's like stealing someone's lawn sign. Very mature.
The Insider

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

Judged:

Lynch for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the poll is corrupt and connected too !
Double standards

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

Judged:

The Insider wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the poll is corrupt and connected too !
It must be because of JRs and the corrupt court system right Lynch
Still confused

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

Judged:

I'm not sure I understand the infatuation with this pub and the cars driving on that street. We have cars and motorcycles speeding through our neighborhood all the time. If it's not a corolla blasting spanish music it's a motorcycle with a really loud muffler. Eventually there is always an accident as someone goes thru a stop sign.
Lynch for Mayor

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

Judged:

I would like to Thank all those who had cast their votes. I encourage voter participation as it is vital to the process.
I am excited with the fact that I recieved 20% of he vote. I am running up against a sitting two term Mayor who has brought about some positive change within Fitchburg and a sitting city councilor who is well known in Fitchburg.
As we procede I feel that my support will grow as my message and positions are heard by more citizens of Fitchburg.
I encourage all citizens of Fitchburg to vote! If you need a voter registration form you can receive one at the city clerks office or stop by my home at 48 Cedar st and I will assist you with registering to vote. I carry these forms everywhere I go so if you have a friend or relative that is not registred to vote just ask me for a form.

As I have stated Mayor Wong has done some good things for Fitchburg but I feel that there are just too many half measures that she has taken.

In reference to Joe Solomito, I really do not know him but for him being a city councilor. I feel that Mr. Solomito could have brought many many more issues to the table but did not over his tenure. Sitting in the shadows and on your hands will not accomplish anything.

There are many new candidates and I encourage all Fitchburg voters to cnsider these new faces; many of which are motivated to run for their respective offices due to their own frustration with the city government as a whole.

If elected Mayor I will stand up against the "good ole boy network", I will go against the same old same old and I will make sure that all city departments are run efficiently. I will reverse all the recent rate hikes that have been unjustly put onto every Fitchburg citizen.

Today, city councilor president states that the police department is dangerously understaffed and he wants extra patrols on Main st. I have been an outspoken voice concerning the shift shortage for second and third shifts relative to Mr. Hay's stance for quite awhile. The more individuals who speak up and out the more our current leaders will pay attention but for some of them it may be a little too late!!

These guys have all been in there long enough to get things done for the citizens of Fichburg. Mayor Wong had requested $70,000 from the city budget through Mr. Hays and the rest of the city council. The entire city council and the past two Mayors have reviewed and rubber stamped the current FPD contract which included "crucial short staffed shifts" and OVERSTAFFED first shift. The city council has been aware of the many citizen complaints concerning over 1 hr 911 response times.
Lynch for Mayor

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

Judged:

Still confused wrote:
I'm not sure I understand the infatuation with this pub and the cars driving on that street. We have cars and motorcycles speeding through our neighborhood all the time. If it's not a corolla blasting spanish music it's a motorcycle with a really loud muffler. Eventually there is always an accident as someone goes thru a stop sign.
YOUR ARGUMENT IS ALWAYS THE SAME!!

"A CAROLLA BLASTING SPANISH MUSIC AND A MOTORCYCLE WITH A LOUD MUFFLER".

As you then compare the serious violations on North st with their blatant and arrogant disregard for the laws and the citizens of Fitchburg.

So you feel that HAMPERING THE FREE MOVEMENT OF AN EXITING EMERGENCY VEHICLE IS JUST A SLIGHT??? PLEASE ANSWER THIS ONE QUESTION!!!!!!!

And then you have NO PROBLEM with patrons of a bar filling all the parking spots in the FFD parking lot and the parking on the FFD sidewalk which is ACROSS the street from this pub that has a full paved parking lot?????

Now let me ask you. DO YOU THINK THAT IF THE BAR WAS OWNED BY ANY OTHER FITCHBURG CITIZEN THAT THE FFD WOULD ALLOW THIS BEHAVIOR? Better yet, DO YOU THINK THE FFD WOULD ALLOW "GOOMBAS" PIZZA OR DUNKIN DONUTS CUSTOMERS TO PARK IN THESE SPOTS AND THE FIRELANE??????????
AAA

Athol, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

Judged:

Lynch for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
It also means that Solomito is doing what serious canidates do when they run for public office, hard work by pounding the pavment either by phone or in person. I'm sure many participants in this poll may not actually vote on election day, I wouldn't get to excited about getting 20% in this poll as I'm sure many of your so called supporters voted for you in this poll as a joke to inflate your ego.
AAA

Athol, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

Judged:

Still confused wrote:
It's all about his obsession and hatered for the police. The FFD never had issues with the situation on North Steet. Lynch made it an issue because of his anger and distane for the police. There is far more illegal parking and traffic issues going on all over the city. If he had any real b@!!s he would be taking pictures of drug dealers, not a few parked cars at a business that has been around for 25 years.
Double Standards of law

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

Judged:

Still confused wrote:
So let me ask you. If that was a "CAROLLA BLASTING SPANISH MUSIC" that careened through the FFD and bank fence as the patron of JRs did would you request or atleast wonder why a field sobriety test wasn't given?

You would be stating that, "luckily the college kids were not walking by at the time and that they should lose their license!

Do you think a citation was given? If this was a "CAROLLA BLASTING SPANISH MUSIC" do you think there would be A COURT CASE??? Let me see??
Illegal burning of tires($200 fine),Reckless driving ($500 fine, loss of license), Driving to endanger ($500 fine, loss of license),Driving across a double yellow and on the wrong side of the road($500 fine), Driving on the sidewalk ($300 fine) and property damage ($1,000 fine).

Then there would be the bill for FFD and FPD response, road closure and sand expenses. And most definitely "A BREATHALIZER TEST" or loss of license for 90 days for refusing!
Lynch for Mayor

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

Judged:

AAA wrote:
<quoted text>It also means that Solomito is doing what serious canidates do when they run for public office, hard work by pounding the pavment either by phone or in person. I'm sure many participants in this poll may not actually vote on election day, I wouldn't get to excited about getting 20% in this poll as I'm sure many of your so called supporters voted for you in this poll as a joke to inflate your ego.
The Solomito campaign did a good job making all the calls to have supportors to vote for him on the poll. Koodos!

You state "many participants in this poll may not actually vote on election day"! That goes the same for all candidates numbers. Again Mr. Solomitos campaign did a good job making sure that supportors boosted his numbers!
rigged

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

Judged:

Lynch for Mayor wrote:
I would like to Thank all those who had cast their votes. I encourage voter participation as it is vital to the process.
I am excited with the fact that I recieved 20% of he vote. I am running up against a sitting two term Mayor who has brought about some positive change within Fitchburg and a sitting city councilor who is well known in Fitchburg.
As we procede I feel that my support will grow as my message and positions are heard by more citizens of Fitchburg.
I encourage all citizens of Fitchburg to vote! If you need a voter registration form you can receive one at the city clerks office or stop by my home at 48 Cedar st and I will assist you with registering to vote. I carry these forms everywhere I go so if you have a friend or relative that is not registred to vote just ask me for a form.
As I have stated Mayor Wong has done some good things for Fitchburg but I feel that there are just too many half measures that she has taken.
In reference to Joe Solomito, I really do not know him but for him being a city councilor. I feel that Mr. Solomito could have brought many many more issues to the table but did not over his tenure. Sitting in the shadows and on your hands will not accomplish anything.
There are many new candidates and I encourage all Fitchburg voters to cnsider these new faces; many of which are motivated to run for their respective offices due to their own frustration with the city government as a whole.
If elected Mayor I will stand up against the "good ole boy network", I will go against the same old same old and I will make sure that all city departments are run efficiently. I will reverse all the recent rate hikes that have been unjustly put onto every Fitchburg citizen.
Today, city councilor president states that the police department is dangerously understaffed and he wants extra patrols on Main st. I have been an outspoken voice concerning the shift shortage for second and third shifts relative to Mr. Hay's stance for quite awhile. The more individuals who speak up and out the more our current leaders will pay attention but for some of them it may be a little too late!!
These guys have all been in there long enough to get things done for the citizens of Fichburg. Mayor Wong had requested $70,000 from the city budget through Mr. Hays and the rest of the city council. The entire city council and the past two Mayors have reviewed and rubber stamped the current FPD contract which included "crucial short staffed shifts" and OVERSTAFFED first shift. The city council has been aware of the many citizen complaints concerning over 1 hr 911 response times.
I see you figured out how to get multiple votes in kevin...
Lynch for Mayor

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

AAA wrote:
<quoted text>It's all about his obsession and hatered for the police. The FFD never had issues with the situation on North Steet. Lynch made it an issue because of his anger and distane for the police. There is far more illegal parking and traffic issues going on all over the city. If he had any real b@!!s he would be taking pictures of drug dealers, not a few parked cars at a business that has been around for 25 years.
You are wrong! Chief Roy clearly stated that he would NEVER allow this illegal parking!

And as far as a business running for "25 yrs"! The last 14 yrs was without a valid license and at the unjust and biased allowed comfort and accomodation of carte blanche to do what ever you want over there by the Fitchburg license commission! A commission that as Mayor I would fire!

And you are right there are other areas of Fitchburg where the "good ole boy network" has set it's roots. As Mayor I will pull these weeds out by their roots so they don't continue to grow and destroy the integrity of Fitchburg's landscape of politics and business.

Then we will lay down some new grass and perenials(all new city council members) and get to building a better and safer Fitchburg through renegotiating the FPD contract and reversing all the current utility rate hikes that have been unjustly palced on all our citizens.

Our proposal for renegotiation of the FPD contract includes, a higher starting salary, less days off, more detectives, more police,better equipment,merit over seniority promotions and shift realignment!
The Insider

Plymouth, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

Lynch for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong! Chief Roy clearly stated that he would NEVER allow this illegal parking!
And as far as a business running for "25 yrs"! The last 14 yrs was without a valid license and at the unjust and biased allowed comfort and accomodation of carte blanche to do what ever you want over there by the Fitchburg license commission! A commission that as Mayor I would fire!
And you are right there are other areas of Fitchburg where the "good ole boy network" has set it's roots. As Mayor I will pull these weeds out by their roots so they don't continue to grow and destroy the integrity of Fitchburg's landscape of politics and business.
Then we will lay down some new grass and perenials(all new city council members) and get to building a better and safer Fitchburg through renegotiating the FPD contract and reversing all the current utility rate hikes that have been unjustly palced on all our citizens.
Our proposal for renegotiation of the FPD contract includes, a higher starting salary, less days off, more detectives, more police,better equipment,merit over seniority promotions and shift realignment!
Woo Hoo ! Just remember if as a Mayor you run out of money implementing these ideas you will be held liable and serve jail time for misappropriation of city funds.
AAA

Athol, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

Lynch for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheif Roy obviously didn't have an issude until you made it one. Where are you going to get all this money for the FPD? Wong had already laid off some officers just as they came out of the acadamy, why? because no money. Where are you going to get it? You haven't an F'n clue.
The Insider

Plymouth, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

AAA wrote:
<quoted text>Cheif Roy obviously didn't have an issude until you made it one. Where are you going to get all this money for the FPD? Wong had already laid off some officers just as they came out of the acadamy, why? because no money. Where are you going to get it? You haven't an F'n clue.
Chief Roy does not condone any breaking of any laws. But he is not the enforcer of the laws except for fire codes. The breaking of a fire code must also be a witnessed situation. Chief Roy's job does not entail him to police the illegal parking situations around the city around the clock. Until there is an actual incident that hampers the response of emergency vehicles there is no reason to file a complaint. So far emergency vehicles have responded in the nationally accepted timely manner. If units are tied up at a call then the response time will increase which is an accepted reason for a delayed response.

There is illegal parking all across the city on a daily basis. If Lynch wants to be the illegal parking police more power to him, knock yourself out. One of the greatest concerns in management is called "undesirable overlap". Obviously Lynch knows what that is since he went to business school. This is when a department and employees should concentrate on their mission statement and should not be concerned with the operations and the mission statement of another department or employee. This would waste time and resources.

For example; if the fire department became concerned with illegal parking then this would take time away from them that they should be concentrating on such as fire related objectives and goals. Lynch should know this because that is the first subject taught in management school.

Lynch, you do know what a mission statement is? Nod your head up and down for "yes" or side to side for "no".
AAA

Athol, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

The Insider wrote:
<quoted text>
Chief Roy does not condone any breaking of any laws. But he is not the enforcer of the laws except for fire codes. The breaking of a fire code must also be a witnessed situation. Chief Roy's job does not entail him to police the illegal parking situations around the city around the clock. Until there is an actual incident that hampers the response of emergency vehicles there is no reason to file a complaint. So far emergency vehicles have responded in the nationally accepted timely manner. If units are tied up at a call then the response time will increase which is an accepted reason for a delayed response.
There is illegal parking all across the city on a daily basis. If Lynch wants to be the illegal parking police more power to him, knock yourself out. One of the greatest concerns in management is called "undesirable overlap". Obviously Lynch knows what that is since he went to business school. This is when a department and employees should concentrate on their mission statement and should not be concerned with the operations and the mission statement of another department or employee. This would waste time and resources.
For example; if the fire department became concerned with illegal parking then this would take time away from them that they should be concentrating on such as fire related objectives and goals. Lynch should know this because that is the first subject taught in management school.
Lynch, you do know what a mission statement is? Nod your head up and down for "yes" or side to side for "no".
I'm sure the Chief wouldn't condone breaking the law and I agree it wouldn't be an issue until something happened. The fire fire station uses other means of entry and exit so the parking was never a concern. Lynch made it an issue, he spent all his time trying to put out one very small fire while other major ones are burning across the city. In the meantime he gets himself arrested.
Curious

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

AAA wrote:
<quoted text>It also means that Solomito is doing what serious canidates do when they run for public office, hard work by pounding the pavment either by phone or in person. I'm sure many participants in this poll may not actually vote on election day, I wouldn't get to excited about getting 20% in this poll as I'm sure many of your so called supporters voted for you in this poll as a joke to inflate your ego.
What were the actual numbers on the pole? I can't find them online

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••
•••

Fitchburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fitchburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE