Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

Judged:

Sentinel & Enterprise
Posted: 08/10/2011 06:32:26 AM EDT

Joseph D. Solomito, 104 Rinnock Road; Kevin A. Lynch, 48 Cedar St.; Lisa A. Wong (incumbent), 26 Valleyview Court

City Council

At-large (five seats): Lewis E. Chamberlain, 484 Main St.; Marcus DiNatale (incumbent), 459 South St.; Michael A. DiPietro, 34 Sprague St.; Dean A. Tran (incumbent), 44 Tibbett Circle; David J. Streb, 377 Highland Ave.; Stephan Hay (incumbent), 30 Shawna St.; Rosemary Reynolds (incumbent), 570 Milk St.; William Malone, 23 Granite St.; Josiah W. Richards, 15 Green Briar Road; Jeffrey A. Bean, 1495 Pearl Hill Road; Angelo J. Bisol, Jr., 241 Stoneybrook Road

Ward 1: John J. Murray III, 80 Rainville Ave.; David Clark (incumbent), 39 Seneca St.

Ward 2: Patrick K. O'Halloran, 34 York Ave.; Paul D. Ledger, 129 Woodland St.; Norman L. Boisvert (incumbent), 187 Franklin Road

Ward 3: Joel R. Kaddy (incumbent), 57 Highview St.

Ward 4: Chris V. Bujold, 149 Ryefield Road; Dolores Thibault-Muņoz, 51 Longwood Ave.; Jeffery D. Jollimore, 131 Longwood Ave.

Ward 5: Nicholas Carbone, 126 Village Crossing; Robert H. Campbell, 96 Cedar St.; John F. Triolo, 25 Lincoln St.

Ward 6: Jody M. Joseph (incumbent), 20 Tilton Street

School Committee

(three seats): Marisa R. Fleming, 1240 Ashby State Road; Sally H. Cragin (incumbent), 1138 Oak Hill Road; Michael R. Budney, 50 Constitution Drive

Read more: http://www.sentinelandenterprise.com/local/ci...
haha

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

some of these addresses are wrong
Right address

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

Judged:

You're right, doesn't Wong live on Spec Pond in Lancaster?
haha

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

Judged:

26 Valleyview Ct is Stephen Kosuda. He pulled papers for mayor. So, did he submit and this is a typo?
Tony Montana

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

Judged:

It doesn't matter if you have more than 1 home or just live in your mothers basement as long as you can improve the city.
haha

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

Right address wrote:
You're right, doesn't Wong live on Spec Pond in Lancaster?
No, she's on 50 Fitch Hill overlooking the college. I've been there.
haha

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

When did Marcus move? He used to live in the apartments at 470 Main St.

Is this the same Jeff Bean?
Carlos Jaime Melendez

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

Judged:

What? Say it ain't so...where the hell is Ron Dionne?

I realize the guy packed up and left for Townsend, but a little technicality like residence never proved to be a stumbling block for Ron in the past.
Jingles the clown

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

Looks like this election year is turning into a knock down drag out fight. May the best man or woman win.
Fitchburg

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2011

Judged:

Jingles the clown wrote:
Looks like this election year is turning into a knock down drag out fight. May the best man or woman win.
Unfortunately the winners may not be the best man/woman! Hopefully the voters vote against any and all incumbants.
Wondering

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2011

Judged:

Fitchburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately the winners may not be the best man/woman! Hopefully the voters vote against any and all incumbants.
Lynch, you'll get less than 5% of the vote. You're not fooling anyone with your BS. And it will be a joy watching you melt down on the first FATV debate.
AAA

Athol, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2011

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Lynch, you'll get less than 5% of the vote. You're not fooling anyone with your BS. And it will be a joy watching you melt down on the first FATV debate.
5% of the vote? your being nice I doubt he gets 0.5% of the vote. He doesn't have a chance in he!!.
Lynch for Mayor

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2011

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure don't know me at all! My first focus is to register citizens to vote. I am the only candidate that is in the race to change things for the better in Fitchburg. I have no self interests at all in becomming Mayor besides being the voice and representative of the people of Fitchburg.

You have the wrong guy as I will not melt down at any debate. You are full of hate, what have I done to you for you to HATE me so much?

What is funny is that you feel that I will collaspse if not elected Mayor. If not elected Mayor I will continue to register voters within Fitchburg. This is only the beginning. If I do not make it past the preliminary then I will endorse the candidate whom I feel will represent the citizens of Fitchburg the most.

If I lose in September, I may chose to run as a write in for ward 5 councilor.

If 10,000 citizens vote and you are right that I recieve 500 votes then I will be happy as my name is not as recognizable as the sitting Mayor or Councilor Solomito. I am the new comer it was stated today, if you didn't read todays paper. I am going to try my best to introduce myself to the citizens of Fitchburg. I believe that I would do the best job as Mayor as I will address all the issues that my opponents will not.
Cleghorn Dave

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2011

Judged:

I for one will be voting for Mr. Lynch. Mr . Lynch is the only candidate who really cares about ALL the citizens. Mr. Lynch will stand up to the good ol' boy network. Mr. Lynch seems to be the only candidate with a solid economic plan for the future of the city.
Sundial Bob

Greenwood, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2011

Judged:

I think I'll go with Joe S. he'll do a fine job.
Cleghorn Dave

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2011

Judged:

Sundial Bob wrote:
I think I'll go with Joe S. he'll do a fine job.
I'm sorry but I have to disagree. Why should the city settle for mediocre? I have three points for my vote.#1. The reason why the city can't attract corporations like Sears or The Home Depot is not demographic but geographic. If we build a connector they will come.#2. Mr. Lynch is a visionary who wants real change and not just talk.#3. Mr. Lynch is a proven leader who will fight for the people. I have nothing against Joe but Lynch is a better choice.
haha

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2011

Cleghorn Dave wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry but I have to disagree. Why should the city settle for mediocre? I have three points for my vote.#1. The reason why the city can't attract corporations like Sears or The Home Depot is not demographic but geographic. If we build a connector they will come.#2. Mr. Lynch is a visionary who wants real change and not just talk.#3. Mr. Lynch is a proven leader who will fight for the people. I have nothing against Joe but Lynch is a better choice.
I don't know Mr. Lynch, but #1- even if you could build a connector it would take 10+ years and there is no funding anywhere.#2- Mr. Lynch has talked more than anyone I know. His name is not on a single piece of legislation, not even as a proposal.#3 - Mr. Lynch has not proven leadership either in the private or public sector. Of course, the same can be said for Councilor Solomito.
The Insider

Plymouth, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2011

Judged:

Cleghorn Dave wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry but I have to disagree. Why should the city settle for mediocre? I have three points for my vote.#1. The reason why the city can't attract corporations like Sears or The Home Depot is not demographic but geographic. If we build a connector they will come.#2. Mr. Lynch is a visionary who wants real change and not just talk.#3. Mr. Lynch is a proven leader who will fight for the people. I have nothing against Joe but Lynch is a better choice.
They will not come as their have already built stores in Leominster. What do you think they will build in every city or town? We are too close to Leominster so no one will ever build a store here. Why would the State or Feds fund a connector for Fitchburg? They have stated the Fitchburg residents can go to Leominster and utilize the business there. The residents of Fitchburg are close enough to businesses and resources within a short distance.

The State and Feds are not worried about Fitchburg. They are only concerned that the residents are within proximity to resources they need. Take a trip to Nebraska or Kansas where you have to drive 50-100 miles for groceries and other commodities.
AAA

Athol, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2011

Judged:

Cleghorn Dave wrote:
Lynch, a proven leader? other than a gang of hooligans that beat a man to death he has led nothing. His idea's are not new, they have been brought up several times before and all got the thumbs down from state and federal agancies. The days of Fitchburg being a industrail mecca are over. It is a bedroom community. Fitchburg does not have the land or resources to support large industrial growth. Where is Fitchburg going to get the 100's of millions of dollars to pay for a connector? the state doesn't have it and certainly the feds can't pay. Who going to pay for all the law suits that will be filed by displaced residnts and business's? What about the envirmental impact? Lynch has been asked these questions over and over and has yet to give answers. As someone said above it will take at least 10 years and that is for construction to begin. Lynch is an idiot with no real vision, his attitude is "build it and they will come" is nothing more than ignorant. Lynch complains about traffic on Rt's 12 and 13, why is that? it's not because everyone in Fitchburg is going to Leominster to shop. Just think of how much traffic would be in Fitchburg if there was a connector. Lynch's idea is no better than that Bridge to nowhere in Alaska.
The Insider

Plymouth, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2011

AAA wrote:
<quoted text>Lynch, a proven leader? other than a gang of hooligans that beat a man to death he has led nothing. His idea's are not new, they have been brought up several times before and all got the thumbs down from state and federal agancies. The days of Fitchburg being a industrail mecca are over. It is a bedroom community. Fitchburg does not have the land or resources to support large industrial growth. Where is Fitchburg going to get the 100's of millions of dollars to pay for a connector? the state doesn't have it and certainly the feds can't pay. Who going to pay for all the law suits that will be filed by displaced residnts and business's? What about the envirmental impact? Lynch has been asked these questions over and over and has yet to give answers. As someone said above it will take at least 10 years and that is for construction to begin. Lynch is an idiot with no real vision, his attitude is "build it and they will come" is nothing more than ignorant. Lynch complains about traffic on Rt's 12 and 13, why is that? it's not because everyone in Fitchburg is going to Leominster to shop. Just think of how much traffic would be in Fitchburg if there was a connector. Lynch's idea is no better than that Bridge to nowhere in Alaska.
Exactly. There are not enough residents to support business in both Leominster and Fitchburg. One of the cities will have the large business franchises and high traffic. The other city will be a bedroom community with single small privately owned business.

Both cities cannot be the same. People have to stop comparing Fitchburg to Leominster. There is nothing wrong with Fitchburg being a sleepy community without the big stores. Fitchburg is a small business city. No malls, no mega stores and no traffic. Westminster does not want to be like Leominster so why does everyone think Fitchburg needs to be also?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of309
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Fitchburg Forum right now

Search the Fitchburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
DCF workers picket over 'caseload crisis' 2 hr Scoop 6
Robin Bowen Elected as Arkansas Tech's Next Pre... 3 hr John m 6
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) 7 hr Kundrot dionkie 4,675
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) 7 hr Kundrot dionkie 1,137
Harrassing of me has timely stopped 9 hr Pat 53
Jeremiah Oliver's family, searchers, strangers ... 15 hr Tim 12
Father of Jeremiah Oliver eyes justice for his son 23 hr Heaven is Real 2
•••
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••
•••

Fitchburg Jobs

•••
•••
•••