Next Last
Lynch for city council

Fitchburg, MA

#1 Nov 1, 2013
Lynch: High costs hurting Fitchburg residents

Sentinel & Enterprise
Posted: 11/01/2013 06:35:16 AM EDT

Kevin Lynch

Seventh of eight profiles for candidates vying for five open councilor-at-large seats.

By Alana Melanson

amelanson@sentinelandenterpris e.com

FITCHBURG -- Councilor-at-large candidate Kevin Lynch says he's running because he thinks the citizens have been short-changed on property-, water- and sewer-tax increases and that too many things that have contributed to these increases have been rubber-stamped by the council.

Born and raised in Boston, Lynch said he has lived in Fitchburg on and off since 2001 and full-time since 2006, and wants to see the city managed more like a business.

He said he agrees with hiring an economic development manager, as the council recently approved, but believes that person won't be very effective if the city doesn't take other measures to make itself more marketable to businesses, and that councilors should have a large role in that. Lynch said taxes and utility rates need to be lowered to make Fitchburg more competitive with its sister city Leominster and bring in more businesses to increase the tax base. He believes any revenue shortfalls that would result could be made up by first by the stabilization fund and later by increased revenue from additional businesses coming to the city.

"Now is the time to change the tax rate," he said. "If we're serious about bringing businesses into Fitchburg, we need to make bold moves."

Lynch said homeowners need relief from high taxes and he would like to see assistance given to the elderly and disabled.

He believes more police officers are needed in the city, but that the money to fund them can come from re-examining and rearranging the existing police budget, rather than "rubber-stamping the police contract." He said the hiring of the next police chief will be crucial to determining the direction the city takes in addressing crime.

Lynch said the city needs to address its pension and health care liabilities and stop deferring these items and road maintenance, leading to greater costs in the future. He also believes the city needs to take some responsibility for damage that occurs to residents' vehicles from continually driving down roads full of potholes.

He said the city needs to pursue more infrastructure grants and establish better access to Fitchburg from the highway.

Lynch said he would like to see more youth initiatives and programs put in place that start children interacting with law enforcement and public

Address: 48 Cedar St.

Family: parents, Roberta and Joseph Lynch; brother Joseph Lynch Jr. and nephew Joseph Lynch III

Education: Catholic Memorial High School, West Roxbury; associate degree in business, Mount Wachusett Community College; additional business coursework

Political experience: ran for mayor in 2011

Greatest political influence: U.S. Rep. Stephen Lynch

How the city will be better in two years if I am elected: "I think I would be beneficial to the council because I'm very proactive and I would keep the fire to their feet and put the issues out to everybody. I have no favorites."

safety figures early to help them form positive aspirations rather than join gangs.
In 1992, Lynch was one of a group of people arrested in connection with a fatal beating in Boston. He took a plea deal and served seven years for manslaughter, but maintains his innocence in the event. He said two others who went to trial were found not guilty, and another is serving life in prison without parole for first degree murder. Lynch said he was a heavy drinker at the time of the incident but has not touched a drop of alcohol in 20 years and never will again. He said he now helps others to become clean and sober.

Follow Alana Melanson at facebook.com/alanasentinel or on Twitter @alanamelanson
Working Stiff

Gardner, MA

#3 Nov 1, 2013
So let me get this straight?(using my "Columbo" voice)

You are a convicted felon that spent time in prison.

Was arrested for fighting with a cop.

Banned from a State University.

Does not want to work because of health problems that other people have and continue to work.

Does not pay taxes and lives with Mommy.

Now you want to be councilor and tell the FPD how to run their department?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, fricken fuuny ! Hilarious ! ROTFLMAO !

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Holy sh*t !

That is just too much, I can't stop laughing!
Lynch for city council

Fitchburg, MA

#5 Nov 1, 2013
Working Stiff wrote:
So let me get this straight?(using my "Columbo" voice)
You are a convicted felon that spent time in prison.
Was arrested for fighting with a cop.
Banned from a State University.
Does not want to work because of health problems that other people have and continue to work.
Does not pay taxes and lives with Mommy.
Now you want to be councilor and tell the FPD how to run their department?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, fricken fuuny ! Hilarious ! ROTFLMAO !
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Holy sh*t !
That is just too much, I can't stop laughing!
You do a horrible Columbo. And didn't he get charged with shooting his wife to death?

So,for beginners you live in a life of lies. "Felon" is your label and it doesn't fit here.

I do not live with mommy.

You have been part of this frame of me and the entire city knows the truth about the North street incident. They seen an opportunity to strike as they claimed to the 1992 incident and ran with it; all the way to a dismissal mind you!

So, you have claimed to be a firefighter and earlier today you claim to be a FPD officer.

My health problems are serious conditions and I am doing my best to get back to work full time which most likely will never happen. I am working with people in order to make this happen, I believe that I will get back to close to full time. It doesn't happen over night but it will happen.

I have at least three business plans that I will pursue. I am looking for business partners who will be able to carry some of the load pertaining to operation of the businesses.

And to be honest, I attempted to open a few in Fitchburg. But to be 100% honest at present it is not feasible to open any business in Fitchburg. If I am not elected then this will not change. The city could hire a team of economic developers and nothing will change but for this increase in payroll from new employees.

We need to get serious in Fitchburg. It is time to lead. We need to start fresh will new ideas and proposals.

Whether you dislike me because I had a fist fight in 1992 or you dislike me because I exposed your co-workers corruption this HATE will not help Fitchburg into becoming a better and safer city.

I will accept an apology and a hand shake from your friends who did me wrong. I am a very good man. Continuing this cover up of criminal corruption within your department has cost us our community within Fitchburg. It is time to shake hands and go forward with strides for a better and safer Fitchburg.
Working Stiff

Gardner, MA

#6 Nov 1, 2013
Lynch for city council wrote:
<quoted text>
You do a horrible Columbo. And didn't he get charged with shooting his wife to death?
So,for beginners you live in a life of lies. "Felon" is your label and it doesn't fit here.
I do not live with mommy.
You have been part of this frame of me and the entire city knows the truth about the North street incident. They seen an opportunity to strike as they claimed to the 1992 incident and ran with it; all the way to a dismissal mind you!
So, you have claimed to be a firefighter and earlier today you claim to be a FPD officer.
My health problems are serious conditions and I am doing my best to get back to work full time which most likely will never happen. I am working with people in order to make this happen, I believe that I will get back to close to full time. It doesn't happen over night but it will happen.
I have at least three business plans that I will pursue. I am looking for business partners who will be able to carry some of the load pertaining to operation of the businesses.
And to be honest, I attempted to open a few in Fitchburg. But to be 100% honest at present it is not feasible to open any business in Fitchburg. If I am not elected then this will not change. The city could hire a team of economic developers and nothing will change but for this increase in payroll from new employees.
We need to get serious in Fitchburg. It is time to lead. We need to start fresh will new ideas and proposals.
Whether you dislike me because I had a fist fight in 1992 or you dislike me because I exposed your co-workers corruption this HATE will not help Fitchburg into becoming a better and safer city.
I will accept an apology and a hand shake from your friends who did me wrong. I am a very good man. Continuing this cover up of criminal corruption within your department has cost us our community within Fitchburg. It is time to shake hands and go forward with strides for a better and safer Fitchburg.
I never said I was an FPD officer?

Show me that and if you cannot you will leave topix, deal?

So show me where I said I was an FPD officer?
Cheryl45

Forestdale, MA

#7 Nov 1, 2013
<quoted text>

Whether you dislike me because I had a fist fight in 1992 or you dislike me because I exposed your co-workers corruption...
You're at it again, Kevin. You keep trying to convince people that this was just a mere fist fight. No one gets bludgeoned and stabbed to death with weapons in a fist fight. No one pleads guilty to manslaughter because of a fist fight. No one gets sentenced to 6-15 because of a fist fight. You claim to tell the truth but you wouldn't know the truth if Diogenes bonked you over the head with his lamp.
Lynch for city council

Fitchburg, MA

#8 Nov 1, 2013
Cheryl45 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're at it again, Kevin. You keep trying to convince people that this was just a mere fist fight. No one gets bludgeoned and stabbed to death with weapons in a fist fight. No one pleads guilty to manslaughter because of a fist fight. No one gets sentenced to 6-15 because of a fist fight. You claim to tell the truth but you wouldn't know the truth if Diogenes bonked you over the head with his lamp.
You have stalked me for years out here. You have harassed me for years. I will not answer you back any longer as I have explained everything at length.

I do not lie. I was fist fighting! You have twisted the truth for years out here badgering me constantly as everyone has seen you post over and over everyday like a maniac.

You have a dog in the fight as I exposed your friends in Fitchburg for corruption and everyone knows it as it is easy to see!!
Lynch for city council

Fitchburg, MA

#9 Nov 1, 2013
Working Stiff wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me that and if you cannot you will leave topix, deal?
So show me where I said I was an FPD officer?
This is one of your many post."So Lynch if the State Police are taking care of business in the city why do you want to hire more cops?

This doesn't make sense?

Let the State pick up the tab. Why should the city have to pay for more salaries and pensions if the State is willing to let their troopers patrol the city?

I will give you a little secret. If our cops come across and declare a house a drug lab or drug/gang house OUR city has to pickup the tab for clean up and prosecuting the offenders ! That can be $150,000 or more.

This is why we always let the State Police or Feds declare this and pickup the tab. They even tell the city to let them because obviously they have the money. "

In another post you talk about the under cover in the black truck.
Cheryl45

Forestdale, MA

#10 Nov 1, 2013
<quoted text>
You have stalked me for years out here. You have harassed me for years. I will not answer you back any longer as I have explained everything at length.
I do not lie. I was fist fighting! You have twisted the truth for years out here badgering me constantly as everyone has seen you post over and over everyday like a maniac.
You have a dog in the fight as I exposed your friends in Fitchburg for corruption and everyone knows it as it is easy to see!!
You haven't exposed anyone. All you have done is slander people without any proof or any validation. You have had your chances in court and at the polls. No one has believed you. So it's easier for you to make up this wild conspiracy theory hoping that it will catch on and it doesn't. Because it's crazy, just like you. Just because you imagine something doesn't make it the truth. Pointing to drug dealers and drug addicts as the source of your information is further lunacy.

Calling you on your constant stream of lies is not harassment. It is holding you accountable for your many fabrications.
Snitch boy

Leominster, MA

#11 Nov 1, 2013
Cheryl45 wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't exposed anyone. All you have done is slander people without any proof or any validation. You have had your chances in court and at the polls. No one has believed you. So it's easier for you to make up this wild conspiracy theory hoping that it will catch on and it doesn't. Because it's crazy, just like you. Just because you imagine something doesn't make it the truth. Pointing to drug dealers and drug addicts as the source of your information is further lunacy.
Calling you on your constant stream of lies is not harassment. It is holding you accountable for your many fabrications.
HOW DARE YOU! Mr. Lynch has already admitted that he is not healthy enough to work but he is willing to sacrifice his own health if he can be a city councilor, Mayor or even The President of the United states. He is willing to do this to help YOU but all you do is attack his excellency. You should be ashamed of yourself! Who has egg on their face now???
Newspaper Lie

Fitchburg, MA

#12 Nov 1, 2013
This is a lie:

You are unemployed on governme4nt assistance!

You lied to the public!!!!!!!!

Just tell the truth
Lynch for city council

Fitchburg, MA

#13 Nov 1, 2013
Snitch boy wrote:
<quoted text>HOW DARE YOU! Mr. Lynch has already admitted that he is not healthy enough to work but he is willing to sacrifice his own health if he can be a city councilor, Mayor or even The President of the United states. He is willing to do this to help YOU but all you do is attack his excellency. You should be ashamed of yourself! Who has egg on their face now???
President of the United States? Hmmmm. You think? President Lynch?

You could be onto something here you know. I was thinking Governor Lynch next but your idea is more appealing. CNN, MSNBC and definitely fox news.

Let me know what you think; if I was to write the book, "Fitchburg Rising" An American GOBN story. I could promote my book at the same time?? Interesting.

I am going to think about your subliminal message, "President Lynch". You can apply for a cabinet post which I will make up for you! You can be my GOBN liaison!
Working Stiff

Gardner, MA

#14 Nov 1, 2013
<quoted text>
President of the United States? Hmmmm. You think? President Lynch?
You could be onto something here you know. I was thinking Governor Lynch next but your idea is more appealing. CNN, MSNBC and definitely fox news.
Let me know what you think; if I was to write the book, "Fitchburg Rising" An American GOBN story. I could promote my book at the same time?? Interesting.
I am going to think about your subliminal message, "President Lynch". You can apply for a cabinet post which I will make up for you! You can be my GOBN liaison!
Lynch you didn't show me where I posted that I was an FPD officer?

You have to leave Topix now! bye bye Lynchie Poo
Lynch for city council

Fitchburg, MA

#15 Nov 1, 2013
Working Stiff wrote:
<quoted text>
Lynch you didn't show me where I posted that I was an FPD officer?
You have to leave Topix now! bye bye Lynchie Poo
So, working Stiff is Leominster? I like the nick name "Lynchie" as that was my nickname for yrs. Or Kev Lynch.

So, are you voting for me? Just think if you vote for me you will be able to harass me for two more full yrs.
Firefighter

Fitchburg, MA

#16 Nov 1, 2013
Newspaper Lie wrote:
This is a lie:
You are unemployed on governme4nt assistance!
You lied to the public!!!!!!!!
Just tell the truth
YOU LIE!

You have said many times you are unemployed and on welfare
Working Stiff

Gardner, MA

#17 Nov 1, 2013
<quoted text>
This is one of your many post."So Lynch if the State Police are taking care of business in the city why do you want to hire more cops?
This doesn't make sense?
Let the State pick up the tab. Why should the city have to pay for more salaries and pensions if the State is willing to let their troopers patrol the city?
I will give you a little secret. If our cops come across and declare a house a drug lab or drug/gang house OUR city has to pickup the tab for clean up and prosecuting the offenders ! That can be $150,000 or more.
This is why we always let the State Police or Feds declare this and pickup the tab. They even tell the city to let them because obviously they have the money. "
In another post you talk about the under cover in the black truck.

And we have all seen the undercover officer in the black truck doing traffic stops on Main Street, River Street, Fairmount Street.

Would you like me to send you a pic? I guess you don't get out much?
Working Stiff

Gardner, MA

#18 Nov 1, 2013
<quoted text>
So, working Stiff is Leominster? I like the nick name "Lynchie" as that was my nickname for yrs. Or Kev Lynch.
So, are you voting for me? Just think if you vote for me you will be able to harass me for two more full yrs.
Well look at it this way, after you lose you won't be on here anymore!
Cheryl45

Forestdale, MA

#19 Nov 1, 2013
<quoted text>

I had a fist fight in 1992...
Really? You are still peddling this lie? IT WASN'T A FIST FIGHT! SOMEONE WAS BLUDGEONED AND STABBED TO DEATH! YOU SPENT * YEARS IN THE SLAMMER FOR YOUR ROLE IN IT!
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#21 Nov 2, 2013
Working Stiff wrote:
<quoted text>
Well look at it this way, after you lose you won't be on here anymore!
You are wrong. I understand that I am going up against long term city councilors. I understand that the vote turnout is extremely low. I understand that I have spent the least in this race.

Hopefully the citizens will show up in large numbers. Hopefully the citizens will vote for change before it is too late.

The GOBN has always been self destructing concerning community building, on encouraging other businesses besides their friends to open up in Fitchburg and doing nothing to enhance Fitchburg into being a better and safer community.

Our property values are so low that many properties are barely above that of foreclosed properties values. You obviously have a very secure job with many many benefits which allows you to buy and do what you want. Nothing affects you, they raise taxes your pay increases.

You need to not be as selfish and look around at all the boards on homes and businesses. The city is in tough shape financially do to rubber stamping everything!
Working Stiff

Gardner, MA

#22 Nov 2, 2013
Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong. I understand that I am going up against long term city councilors. I understand that the vote turnout is extremely low. I understand that I have spent the least in this race.
Hopefully the citizens will show up in large numbers. Hopefully the citizens will vote for change before it is too late.
The GOBN has always been self destructing concerning community building, on encouraging other businesses besides their friends to open up in Fitchburg and doing nothing to enhance Fitchburg into being a better and safer community.
Our property values are so low that many properties are barely above that of foreclosed properties values. You obviously have a very secure job with many many benefits which allows you to buy and do what you want. Nothing affects you, they raise taxes your pay increases.
You need to not be as selfish and look around at all the boards on homes and businesses. The city is in tough shape financially do to rubber stamping everything!
It always amazes me why would people on welfare and disability complain about anyone working no matter what type of job they have.

I want your lifestyle. I want the lifestyle of the welfare.

I want to be able to stay up all night watching multiple flat screen TV's in every room. Gotta have the huge expensive saltwater aquarium too and the expensive dog.

I want that nice SUV with those expensive rims that cost more than the car itself.

I want that bling and nice outfit with the Coach pocketbook because my boyfriend works and can afford to buy me anything since we have no bills.(not really the father of my kids and really doesn't live with me, at least that is a social services has to know.....wink)

I want to be able to drive my low-rider around all day and visit my other welfare friends because my working boyfriend is able to fill my gas tank everyday since we have no bills.

I want those free 2-4 full carriages of groceries that cost $200-$400 and more. Nothing but black diamond steaks, ribs and lobster for me.

I want that free the expensive tuna fish for my cats because cat food cannot be purchased with my benefits, but the cats love it.

I want my rent paid for me and I can crank the heat up anytime I want to because that is paid for me too. I will use all the electricity I want too because it is free.

I want to stay in a hotel during power outages because social services will notify the landlord that he has to care of me since I am on welfare.

I want that free Obama phone too.

I want to be able to wake up at noontime, stretch and plan my afternoon sitting on my porch watching the working people drive by thru the afternoon and feeling bad for them.

I want that free van pool pickup to take my kids to free daycare so I can watch Jerry Springer and be on Facebook all day without any interruptions.

I want that free healthcare so I can call for an ambulance anytime for my in-grown toenail and to go to the hospital to replenish my free prescription because I lost my pills that I actually sold.

I want that free dental care so I won't have to pay $130 for each filling or $5,000 for a root canal.

I want that free water to wash my friend's cars with and to keep the hose running all day to let my kids play without any water/sewer bills.

I want that option that the schools have to save seats in the classroom of my choice so when we come back from our homeland in January they are with their favorite teacher.

I want that ebt account that I can let accumulate unused funds that I can use to travel and live in the Southern hemisphere for 3-4 out of the year.

You see I GREW UP living in MEADOWBROOK so I DO KNOW HOW the system works and is passed down from generation to generation. The smart ones don't advertise it and the dumb ones brag about it.

But the REALLY STUPID ones COMPLAIN about the working people !

So yeah keep complaining about anyone who actually gets out of bed for a paycheck. It will come to end soon!
Reality

Leominster, MA

#23 Nov 2, 2013
As with everything in life you have no idea about housing. You can thank Barney Frank for that mess. Barney thought everyone had a right to own a house even if they couldn't afford it. I can't tell you how many potential investment properties we looked at this year that were a mess. When these animals got to the point that they couldn't afford the home they would have their cousins come in with Sawzalls and strip all of the copper, appliances kick holes in the walls and basically take everything right down to the lighting fixtures.

Now you are left with an inhabitable shell that the bank won't lend money on. But in your crazy world you somehow feel because I have a little money it is somehow my responsibility to buy these shit holes and pour my money into them to improve your neighborhood?

Why? So I can rent them and have them looted on my dime? Sorry fat boy it's not going to happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Numbers of homeless increase in region 21 min Jtn 12
Good Samaritan gets more than he bargained for ... 6 hr Dr Martscoff 2
Man charged with assaulting ex-girlfriend - Sen... (Sep '09) 6 hr Jtn 74
Police: Man found in FSC bathroom arrested - Se... (Dec '08) 6 hr Tim 17
Fitchburg High, Fitchburg State team up to prov... 11 hr BillyBob 2
Scott Bonnevie 23 hr Jtn 2
Looking to move to Fitchburg Sun Tranny from Miami 17
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••