Ex-Shirley cop faces OUI charge - Sen...

Ex-Shirley cop faces OUI charge - Sentinel & Enterprise

There are 30 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Jan 27, 2011, titled Ex-Shirley cop faces OUI charge - Sentinel & Enterprise. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

A former Shirley police officer is facing a second drunken-driving charge after he was arrested in Ayer last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Flat Stanley

Brookline, MA

#21 Apr 4, 2011
They should call this forum "off-Topix".
Civil Servant Supporter

Winchendon, MA

#22 Apr 7, 2011
The West Newton Kid wrote:
This guy may be an ex cop; but he sure as hell still thinks like a cop thinks: "It was an illegal stop. I'm confident I'll beat the charge".
Cops know how to beat the system. I like to compare them to greased pigs; just when you think the legal system has a firm grasp of them; they squeal and they slip out of the grip......
Let's all thank the Lord that this boozed up ex blueboy did not take out an innocent victim by his reckless actions.
'The West Newton Kid." What a bunch of horse-s-h-i-t-e. What street in ward 5 Fitchburg do you live in? Maybe ward 6? Wherever it is, you have to drive up North Street each day...
The West Newton Kid

Marlborough, MA

#23 Apr 8, 2011
Civil Servant Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
'The West Newton Kid." What a bunch of horse-s-h-i-t-e. What street in ward 5 Fitchburg do you live in? Maybe ward 6? Wherever it is, you have to drive up North Street each day...
My friend Darn Tootin told me that you had a very vivid imagination. He wasn't lying....
THC

Orlando, FL

#24 Apr 9, 2011
The West Newton Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend Darn Tootin told me that you had a very vivid imagination. He wasn't lying....
Look where he's from.Darn tootin,he's got imagination.LOL
old townie is a moron

Gowanda, NY

#26 Jan 24, 2012
Your a fu$cking moron....i know who you are you two faced backstabbing piece of [email protected]
Clark

United States

#27 May 14, 2012
Its funny how people kick other people when there down.But when things are going good, its a different story. Its called a fair weather friend.All you guys slamming clark for what is an addiction,is really mature.Because everyone that wrote on this post is certainly perfect. what a joke.Old townie,once again,find out the facts before you open your mouth. Loser
You know who

Marlborough, MA

#28 May 15, 2012
Clark wrote:
Its funny how people kick other people when there down.But when things are going good, its a different story. Its called a fair weather friend.All you guys slamming clark for what is an addiction,is really mature.Because everyone that wrote on this post is certainly perfect. what a joke.Old townie,once again,find out the facts before you open your mouth. Loser
You are oh so right. As far as this ex-cop goes, it's an addiction, plain and simple. Again, this guy Clark is a ex-lawman, so we all need to cut him some extra slack.

When a member of the general population gets arrested for a DUI or a DWI charge, we should all feel free to call them losers and to slam them heavily for endangering others by their reckless behavior. But, when a lawman gets grabbed for the same exact charges, we should all cut him plenty of slack. Its an addiction; it is not his fault. All that pent up job related stress must have caused the slight error in judgement; that's all.

It is a mighty safe bet that this DUI charge was not an isolated incident for ex-officer Clark. Cops don't jump right in and charge fellow cops (or ex-cops) with DUI and DWI charges the first time that the boozed up offender is stopped. They routinely make special arrangements for a safe car rides home for the liquored up lawman. Unless, of course, there is a very serious accident involved and the whole mess cannot be swept under the rug, as is standard practice. No, Clarkie Boy was more likely than not stopped more then once for this very same thing, and his fellow officers simply made special arrangements for him.

But again, being an ex-lawman he should not be held responsible for this. If he was simply a member of the general population; he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Clark

Leominster, MA

#29 May 15, 2012
Who is cutting him slack? He was arrested,he did lose his job and everything that goes with it. All I see on here is a bunch of cowards hiding behind there computers and fake screen names. Your screen name is, you know who. We'll I have no idea who you know who is. Again,cop or no cop. He has paid the price for his actions. But all the critics still have there worthless two cents to speak. It's old. Half the people on here posting are former colleagues I'm sure. Just goes to show you people's true colors. Kick em while there down. Old townie had written that his brother drank himself to death. Well guess what, he passed from lung cancer. Why don't all you guys figure out the facts before you scrutinize someone. You don't know what was going on in his life at the time of this incident, you guys all just read the headlines and jump on board with the rest of the critics and two faced back stabbers. Have a great day.
You know who

Marlborough, MA

#30 May 15, 2012
As I said, boozed up blueboys who get caught behind the wheel RARELY GET CHARGED FOR IT. Its a safe bet that this liquored up lawman was cut break after break on his reckless behavior. Finally, someone said "enough is enough" or else he pissed off someone higher ranking than him and he got charged this time around.

Ask any cop what they do when they pull a fellow officer over who is slobbering drunk behind the wheel and they will tell you that they will call the Station House and let the Officer in Charge take over. In other words, cops have two sets of rules when it comes to pulling over a drunk behind the wheel: 1) if the drunk is simply a member of the general public, charge him. 2) If the drunk is a cop, don't charge him. Call the Station House and turn the mess over to someone else.

Again, more likely than not this drunk was cut more then one break along the way. Someone just stopped cutting him a break this time around. If you understand cops, you know how the game is played.
Clark

Leominster, MA

#31 May 15, 2012
You know who wrote:
As I said, boozed up blueboys who get caught behind the wheel RARELY GET CHARGED FOR IT. Its a safe bet that this liquored up lawman was cut break after break on his reckless behavior. Finally, someone said "enough is enough" or else he pissed off someone higher ranking than him and he got charged this time around.
Ask any cop what they do when they pull a fellow officer over who is slobbering drunk behind the wheel and they will tell you that they will call the Station House and let the Officer in Charge take over. In other words, cops have two sets of rules when it comes to pulling over a drunk behind the wheel: 1) if the drunk is simply a member of the general public, charge him. 2) If the drunk is a cop, don't charge him. Call the Station House and turn the mess over to someone else.
Again, more likely than not this drunk was cut more then one break along the way. Someone just stopped cutting him a break this time around. If you understand cops, you know how the game is played.
. Believe me, I completely agree with you on this. But,again,no one is perfect,people mess up. Im just trying to defend a friend who has become a Punching bag on this forum. He served his community for 14 years. But all people see Is where he went wrong. I agree, he rightfully lost his job. That is his fault. But the name calling is uncalled for! I'm done debating on this. Good day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make America Great Again! 3 hr Bill 2
Fitchburgs corruption being exposed (Feb '16) 4 hr Big Fat Goof 79
News Fitchburg fire chief and firefighters honored T... Thu The truth 2
News One-lane Main Street project gets underway in F... Thu Momma Fattie 39
Fitchburg State University Thu Jeff 1
Lorenda Grella Thu Bill 2
Sam Squalia's Feet Nov 30 Weasel 1

Fitchburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance