Salutes, praise for retiring Fitchburg police chief

Nov 15, 2013 Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise 40

Police Chief Robert DeMoura was honored Thursday night as a dedicated, hardworking chief who was instrumental in cutting the city's crime rate by 18 percent last year.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Renee

Framingham, MA

#1 Nov 15, 2013
Heard he's getting 100k to teach st FSU
Where

Gardner, MA

#2 Nov 15, 2013
Renee wrote:
Where did you hear that?
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#4 Nov 18, 2013
I was very happy to see this Chief come into Fitchburg. He didn't bring accountability into the FPD but he did make strides towards that goal.

It is the next Chief who worries me. Who is it going to be? I had my issues with Kearns but after meeting him he seems to be more genuine than Demoura.

Whoever the new Chief is going to be they need to bring accountability into the FPD. If this isn't there number one goal then no management will work at all.

We need a good manager. A manager who works for the citizens of Fitchburg. We need a person who understands how to build and strengthen community.

It begins with honesty. Right or wrong you must lead with honesty anything short of honesty will sever the trust of the community as they will look at you as a two faced bull shitter. Citizens are insulted by such two faces.

Personally, I would recommend myself to manage this police force.

We need a Chief that is going to manage with honesty and integrity. We need a Chief who is going to address public safety concerns over friendships within the department.

If the wrong Chief is chosen for Fitchburg then we will be back to pre-Demoura within minutes. You will see crime raise immediately.

I would look for someone who is close to the qualities and beliefs of Chief Bratton. He was a good manager.
Where

Gardner, MA

#5 Nov 18, 2013
Renee wrote:
Where did you hear that?

Still waiting for that answer!
We Have the RIGHT to know

Gardner, MA

#6 Nov 18, 2013
Lynch wrote:
I was very happy to see this Chief come into Fitchburg. He didn't bring accountability into the FPD but he did make strides towards that goal.
It is the next Chief who worries me. Who is it going to be? I had my issues with Kearns but after meeting him he seems to be more genuine than Demoura.
Whoever the new Chief is going to be they need to bring accountability into the FPD. If this isn't there number one goal then no management will work at all.
We need a good manager. A manager who works for the citizens of Fitchburg. We need a person who understands how to build and strengthen community.
It begins with honesty. Right or wrong you must lead with honesty anything short of honesty will sever the trust of the community as they will look at you as a two faced bull shitter. Citizens are insulted by such two faces.
We need a Chief that is going to manage with honesty and integrity. We need a Chief who is going to address public safety concerns over friendships within the department.
If the wrong Chief is chosen for Fitchburg then we will be back to pre-Demoura within minutes. You will see crime raise immediately.
I would look for someone who is close to the qualities and beliefs of Chief Bratton. He was a good manager.
Lynch who Gives a F88K what you think!!!!!You Killed a man, went to jail and stayed in jail so you could prove a point that your stupid.

I guess you like having male to male sex with your cell mate
Firefighter

Fitchburg, MA

#7 Nov 18, 2013
What an idiot you for chief ha ha ha

The next FPD chief will be chief fossa the city needs a good man and he is the one
Working Stiff

Gardner, MA

#8 Nov 18, 2013
Renee wrote:
Nope, he makes more than that now. City and State retirement systems are in the same group. He would have to work till 65 instead of 55 and lose on his pension due to a lower salary rate.

Sorry folks.

If you need to ask just stop into the secret city and state credit union on North Street where all the employees are every Friday.
Working Stiff

Gardner, MA

#9 Nov 18, 2013
Lynch wrote:
And you are?
Working Stiff

Gardner, MA

#10 Nov 18, 2013
Firefighter wrote:
What an idiot you for chief ha ha ha
The next FPD chief will be chief fossa the city needs a good man and he is the one
Won't happen, Fossa is best friends with Cronin and the department won't go through that again like they did with Cronin.
GOTP

Leominster, MA

#11 Nov 18, 2013
I'm sorry that I get confused. All Police and Firemen are Democrats but I dislike Police and Firemen but I love Democrats. I'm running around in circles and banging my head against the wall! Help me please.
Cheryl45

Forestdale, MA

#12 Nov 18, 2013
Lynch wrote:

You are completely bonkers.
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#14 Nov 18, 2013
Working Stiff wrote:
<quoted text>
Won't happen, Fossa is best friends with Cronin and the department won't go through that again like they did with Cronin.
Fossa is a good candidate. Who ever goes for this position needs to answer to many important questions. Accountability will transform the FPD into a law abiding police force.

Without accountability you might as well not have a Chief at all!

I still believe that I would make a very good Chief of police!
Peaches

Fitchburg, MA

#15 Nov 18, 2013
hey daddy yo not da boss of five o you r a lozer
Working Stiff

Gardner, MA

#16 Nov 18, 2013
Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
Fossa is a good candidate. Who ever goes for this position needs to answer to many important questions. Accountability will transform the FPD into a law abiding police force.
Hahahaha, sorry but obviously even the real Lynch would not make that statement.

Good try though, you must be bored?
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#17 Nov 18, 2013
Peaches wrote:
hey daddy yo not da boss of five o you r a lozer
Peaches? Wow, you really are just a really good person, huh? Oh ya, you are a good person alright!

You have a bit of authority that with any luck you will lose so you cannot abuse it any longer! Then you will really be a nobody!!!

LMAO!!!
Lynch

Framingham, MA

#18 Nov 18, 2013
Working Stiff wrote:
<quoted text>
if you want to knife what's going on in the City ask James t Noonan, as the sentinel tells you he knows what he is talking about. He hates Wong and univ. Admin. That qualifies him to know everything.
Marine

Fitchburg, MA

#19 Nov 18, 2013
Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
I have attended several community meeting with Lt. Fossa and I believe he would be a very good choice for Chief. He has always been very respectful to the residents and always gets back to us with the information we request. So yes he has my support.
Working Stiff

Gardner, MA

#20 Nov 18, 2013
Marine wrote:
<quoted text>
I have attended several community meeting with Lt. Fossa and I believe he would be a very good choice for Chief. He has always been very respectful to the residents and always gets back to us with the information we request. So yes he has my support.
He does not want to be Chief. A chief's job is a totally different position than any other job in the department.
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#21 Nov 18, 2013
Marine wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember you. You are an old man. You looked at me across the room. Let me tell you Mr. Marine. You are out of touch with reality. They LIED to us 100% at that meeting to the point that everyone there no longer wants to get involved in the community.

It is a trust issue! You heard all the others! They were lying right to our face! We all spoke out against the lying. One woman even stated that she will drive the decoy cars to the drug houses!

She stated this after I made a request to begin to use these decoys as they state that they are doing which they were not!

The citizens at this meeting are not stupid. It was an insult to our intelligence!

That department has many unresolved issues. They need to begin with honesty, integrity and respect for the community especially those who attended that meeting! Accountability is the key old timer!

Your support alone will not do anything for Fitchburg, you are destroying any chance at a better and safer Fitchburg by being full of shit!
Firefighter

Fitchburg, MA

#22 Nov 19, 2013
Wow so only your opinion matters wow

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Charlie Baker for governor 15 hr echo 2
Police respond to Fitchburg armed robbery 15 hr BillyBob 3
Gov. calls for in-state tuition for immigrants ... (Nov '10) 16 hr Heather 94
Suspect in attempted murder deemed dangerous 17 hr Watching 4
Baker caps big week with Globe endorsement 23 hr Jtn 7
Privacy violations 23 hr Jtn 6
Shrewsbury residents turn out in force to oppos... Wed Watching 1

Fitchburg News Video

Fitchburg Dating
Find my Match