Man to pay restitution to Fitchburg

Feb 1, 2013 Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

A Fitchburg man who stole catch basins and sold them for scrap metal in August will have his charges dismissed on the condition that he pay the city $400 in restitution, according to court documents.

Full Story
Lynch for Mayor

Fitchburg, MA

#1 Feb 1, 2013
Did this person take catch basins and leave open ditches for kids to fall into or did he take them from a pile somewhere?

This is an important detail. Is this person connected? At $400 for a dismissal there seems to be something behind the scenes or a connection that is being exploited.

If the catch basins were from apile then $400-$1,000 is appropiate for a dismissal but if they were lifted off and holes left then there is something wrong here!!

We need more details because if holes were left for kids to fall in then at least 1 year of probation would be the norm.

I feel that $1,000 is appropiate regardless of the situation. Why only $400 ??
WTF

Leominster, MA

#2 Feb 1, 2013
How is it "appropriate for a dismissal"? They are theives and they will just steal again.
Lynch for Mayor

Fitchburg, MA

#3 Feb 1, 2013
WTF wrote:
How is it "appropriate for a dismissal"? They are theives and they will just steal again.
What I am stating is that sometimes there are considerations such as first arrest ect. So instead of putting a record on someone a deal is made for dismissal upon the payment of a fine or payment to victim ect. In this case it was the city.

However $400 is a low payment considering the cost of the stolen item cost is higher.

This deal is a bit suspicious,time will tell what is up.
WTF

Leominster, MA

#4 Feb 1, 2013
What you are saying is it's ok for people to commit crimes if they pay a fine?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Charlie Baker for governor 11 hr Just More Of The ... 4
Dan Kirouac returns to Townsend, MA Sun Jeremiah 2
Main street proposal will set Fitchburg back 40... Sun Lynch for Mayor 17
Wong takes chiefs job Sun Jnt 5
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) Sun Malden Resident 1,167
Woman's husband likes to wear pantyhose - Senti... (Jul '08) Sep 26 Keeping an Open Mind 47
Neighborhood menace - Sentinel & Enterprise (May '09) Sep 25 Jtn 8

Fitchburg News Video

Fitchburg Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Fitchburg Jobs

Fitchburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fitchburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fitchburg

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]