Students say they're not bothered by ...

Students say they're not bothered by military recruiters on campus

There are 105 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Dec 2, 2007, titled Students say they're not bothered by military recruiters on campus. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

North Middlesex Regional High School senior Nolan Wetherall has seen plenty of his classmates do push-ups in front of military recruiters at school for military key chains and T-shirts. While Wetherall, 17, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

Fitchburg Native

Plainville, CT

#41 Dec 5, 2007
Hawk wrote:
I believe your PRO-WAR attitude causes death! Directly. 3,913 dead soldiers so far in Iraq, you don't see the flag draped coffins coming home though do you?
IF they make it home, they may go on to have all that success. Your "last resort" (I always thought that too) was completely blown out of the water with our declaration of Pre-Emptive War based on lies, so, no, no last resort anymore, you don't get to claim that anymore!
Shannon, look at your hands, see the opposing thumbs, those and your brain are supposed to seperate humans from the Animal Kingdom.
You all assume I'm not thankful for their sacrifice but your also wrong. My point is the sacrifice they make!
Spin away!
The attack upon on the World Trade Centre killed 2752 innocent people. This attack was a Barbarian Raid signaling the start of hostilities that will only cease when the citizens of Western Civilization have all been killed or enslaved by Islamic extremist who have been born "to kill" all Non- believers.
People with your mentality have been defending Saddam Hussein by claiming Iraq had nothing to do with 9-11. Iraq is now the grave of many Al Quita "our enemy" who are buried along side of the many innocent Iraqi civilians who fell victim to Saddam Hussein's genocide. Iran wants to "wipe Israel off the map", should the Israelis just wait and see if their cities disappear in a flash, or should they make the Iranian cities disappear first? Naive people like yourself, who ignore reality, will be the first to fall victim to evil. Take your blinders off and thank the courageous men and women who serve in our military so you can sit on your ass in that easy chair and keep spewing crap.
Shannon

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#42 Dec 6, 2007
Fitchburg Native wrote:
<quoted text>The attack upon on the World Trade Centre killed 2752 innocent people. This attack was a Barbarian Raid signaling the start of hostilities that will only cease when the citizens of Western Civilization have all been killed or enslaved by Islamic extremist who have been born "to kill" all Non- believers.
People with your mentality have been defending Saddam Hussein by claiming Iraq had nothing to do with 9-11. Iraq is now the grave of many Al Quita "our enemy" who are buried along side of the many innocent Iraqi civilians who fell victim to Saddam Hussein's genocide. Iran wants to "wipe Israel off the map", should the Israelis just wait and see if their cities disappear in a flash, or should they make the Iranian cities disappear first? Naive people like yourself, who ignore reality, will be the first to fall victim to evil. Take your blinders off and thank the courageous men and women who serve in our military so you can sit on your ass in that easy chair and keep spewing crap.
Well said.....another reason for "kill or be killed"
truffles

Saugus, MA

#43 Dec 6, 2007
The military recruits at age 18 because they know that at this age wisdom and experience are at a minimum; check the profile of the percentage of those in the military; economic status, school performance, geography, ethnicity-then you'll get a better understanding of who enlists and why. I'd rather see college recruitment-the rewards would be more than time out of class and a key chain.
truffles

Saugus, MA

#44 Dec 6, 2007
shannon's scary! single digit I.Q.
Shannon

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#45 Dec 6, 2007
truffles wrote:
shannon's scary! single digit I.Q.
Is that all you have, you are pathetic. Why don't you try discussing the topic at hand....ugh
Hawk

Brooklyn, NY

#46 Dec 6, 2007
They want ME to go to Iran, for some reason, they don't believe in my right to challenge our Government right here in the USA. I got news for them cause they don't know it, Our Democracy is not about the Government, it's about the people.

They ignore everything true, such as in Iran, recruitment starts at like 10-11-12 years old for soldiers! I ask them, HOW LOW ARE YOU WILLING TO GO WITH OUR CHILDREN? Fools, hateful, hurtful, killing fools.
Hawk

Brooklyn, NY

#47 Dec 6, 2007
Eirikur wrote:
A war based on a lie...that everyone believed, including a boat load of Dems...only Bush had the guts to step up and take action knowing full well the repercussions of such action. Maybe if Clinton had half the gonnads we never would be in this mess and maybe 9/11 wouldn't have happened...remember 9/11 Hawk?! That's where Islamic terrorists flew planes into the Trade Center and Pentagon killing over 3000 innocent people.
Outsourced to Haliburton...the only company that bid on the job, and the only company with the capacity to do the job. FAILED THER IDIOT, THAT'S WHY THE SCANDAL!
Walter Reed scandal...ever been to a VA hospital?
Spin liberal crap much???
Hahahahahahah, it's Clintons fault, hahahahahahahahaha talk about a tool!

Ever hear about the Memo headlined "Bin Laden determined to strike in the USA"? In the text it warned specifically that they would be in flying schools! Rice blew it off!

BTW two things, where did the hijackers come from? Saudi Arabia is the answer, why not attack them?

Look up Karen Martin, likely the first to die that day and my Wife's best friend loser. What are you Rudy Juli Annie 9/11 9/11 9/11!
Eirikur

Harrisburg, PA

#48 Dec 6, 2007
Nope...never said it was Clinton's fault...it's the fault of all Americans who continue to bury their head in the sand and don't believe we are at war...the Islamic terrorists have already declared war on us, people such as yourself just refuse to accept it.

By the way...hijacker's came from Saudi Arabia but where were they trained?? Afganistan, genius...and who was responsible for the first Trade Center attack? or the USS Cole...Al Queda operatives from Afganistan. And where did all these operatives go once we attacked Afganistan?? Duh, Irag...where are they going now?? How 'bout Iran and Syria. This is war people...smarten up or life as you know it will end.
Bird Hunter

Cobalt, CT

#49 Dec 6, 2007
Hawk your a moron. Nuff said
Fitchburg Native

Plainville, CT

#50 Dec 7, 2007
Hawk wrote:
They want ME to go to Iran, for some reason, they don't believe in my right to challenge our Government right here in the USA. I got news for them cause they don't know it, Our Democracy is not about the Government, it's about the people.
They ignore everything true, such as in Iran, recruitment starts at like 10-11-12 years old for soldiers! I ask them, HOW LOW ARE YOU WILLING TO GO WITH OUR CHILDREN? Fools, hateful, hurtful, killing fools.
Your right to challenge the Government has been given to you by the very people you are accusing of being "killers". Our Democracy "right here" in the USA is being challenged by radical Middle Eastern extremist who want us all dead. Our military soldiers "killers" are killing the enemy in Iraq, Afghanistan and throughout the Middle East so weak, thoughtless, and ungrateful people like yourself can still exist.
Hawk

Brooklyn, NY

#51 Dec 7, 2007
"A war based on a lie...that everyone believed,"
OK, still a Lie.

Well shoot me in the face Bird Hunter! Nuff is not a word outside Moronville.
Hawk

Brooklyn, NY

#52 Dec 7, 2007
Our Military has succeeded in every effort assigned to it in Iraq, every one. This I know. The issue (now, since we are there under false pretenses) has only a Diplomatic solution left, Militarily there is no more to gain, listen to your General Petreus for that reality. Our Government is failing all of us miserably. This has nothing to do with recruitment in high school.

"They ignore everything true, such as in Iran, recruitment starts at like 10-11-12 years old for soldiers! I ask them, HOW LOW ARE YOU WILLING TO GO WITH OUR CHILDREN?"

Newsflash, Soldiers did not give me the right to challenge my Government, talk about BS. The Constitution does that. Our deomocracy is not being challenged by Radical Middle East extremist, our Democracy is being challenged by OUR Government's response to them.
Hawk

Brooklyn, NY

#53 Dec 7, 2007
And when I said this...

I ask them, HOW LOW ARE YOU WILLING TO GO WITH OUR CHILDREN? Fools, hateful, hurtful, killing fools.

I was talking about YOU.

Since: Oct 07

United States

#54 Dec 7, 2007
Since the Military can only recruit at age 18, There is no reason for them to be at high schools where only a fraction of seniors have actually reached that age before graduation.

Sadly, military recruitment is a part of the No Child Left Behind act, so that schools can be denied federal funding if they resist recruiters on campus who try to net children too young to enter into a binding contract.

As for the economic demographic, I wonder why they are not trying to recruit at Cushing Academy? I know there is recruiting at FSC, what about Atlantic Union? What about the Groton School? What about Lawrence Academy?

There seems to be a disparity.
Fitchburg Native

Plainville, CT

#55 Dec 8, 2007
Hawk wrote:
Newsflash, Soldiers did not give me the right to challenge my Government, talk about BS. The Constitution does that. Our deomocracy is not being challenged by Radical Middle East extremist, our Democracy is being challenged by OUR Government's response to them.
You Fool! Our Military are who preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic. This is what separates grown-up liberals from reactionaries and partisan traitors or opportunists, who still see America as engaging in a trivial struggle between Democrats and Republicans, rather than America itself engaging in a titanic struggle against theocratic fascism. Get over it, Roosevelt and Churchill were willing to work with Stalin, of all people, to take down Hitler’s Germany. And you think Bush is beyond the pale? The White House policy could not possibly be more clear to anyone paying attention. How important do you think such philosophical abstractions are to an Iraqi peasant, desperate for intervention, whose family was gassed by Saddam? The first president Bush was rightly criticized for abandoning the Iraqis to their deaths at the hands of Saddam after the Gulf War. And rather than side with the current Bush Administration, the American left tragically and stupidly replicates the first President Bush’s error. They will let their old friends be massacred before even quietly going along with the Bush Administration. Remember the Chomskyites who got everything wrong in Afghanistan? Remember the Europeans who wanted to give the Butcher in Belgrade one more chance? That is not where you want to be right now. The liberation of Iraq and the democratic transformation of the Middle East is the most progressive cause in the world today. It is the right side of history.

“Baise toi.”

Since: Nov 07

Amherst, NH

#56 Dec 8, 2007
I wish I had written that myself, Fitchburg Native.
Hawk

Brooklyn, NY

#58 Dec 10, 2007
The definitive struggle of our times.
Battle for our very way of life.
War of Civilizations.

If the Iraq Invasion and Occupation was all the above, it would seem imperitive we fight. No choice after all, we're fighting for all that is American right?
Why no Draft daft? Because the scrutiny of the Ameircan people would not allow such bullcrap to be told to them while our children Die. This folly would be over in a heartbeat! They would demand a strategy that is all inclusive and with results, no endless War. So, I guess it's more a War of choice, and our Civilian leadership has chosen this path for you, cause I'm not following along. Why are there SO many Non-Military forces there? There are at least the same amount as Military, making 3-4-5 times as much and opperating with NO accountability. THEY represent you too!

Whatever, with you guys, the Circle of Death and destruction will never end. When I propose that you give a shit for your comrades, your all too busy attempting to find MORE for the meatgrinder. Just feed more into the circle of death and forget about those returned home, another Generation of pain.

I know, 6 more months and we'll see that Free Democracy in iraq.
Correcting the record, There were NO Taliban in iraq before we got there and Iraq had NOTHING to do with 9/11.
Shannon

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#59 Dec 10, 2007
Bird Hunter wrote:
Hawk I am not sure I can make this make this clearer for your simpleton mind. The Military is all volunteer, no arguing there. Second the Military is used to defend this country from a$$holes who want to kill us and destroy our way of life (even your twisted view). So in order to do that people in the military will have to kill those bastards first and heres where your not getting it the people in the military are volunteers numb nuts so they volunteered to do this $hit so we don't have to, and by the way a-hole I did my time in the late 80's early 90's, its pretty much understood in the military that if you join you may need to use force against these dirt bags thats what being in the military is all about dip $hit!. Soldiers Soldier and Hawks are pu$$ies.
Bird Hunter..........Excellent!
Fitchburg guy

Plainville, CT

#60 Dec 10, 2007
Hawk wrote:
The definitive struggle of our times.
Battle for our very way of life.
War of Civilizations.
If the Iraq Invasion and Occupation was all the above, it would seem imperitive we fight. No choice after all, we're fighting for all that is American right?
Why no Draft daft? Because the scrutiny of the Ameircan people would not allow such bullcrap to be told to them while our children Die. This folly would be over in a heartbeat! They would demand a strategy that is all inclusive and with results, no endless War. So, I guess it's more a War of choice, and our Civilian leadership has chosen this path for you, cause I'm not following along. Why are there SO many Non-Military forces there? There are at least the same amount as Military, making 3-4-5 times as much and opperating with NO accountability. THEY represent you too!
Whatever, with you guys, the Circle of Death and destruction will never end. When I propose that you give a shit for your comrades, your all too busy attempting to find MORE for the meatgrinder. Just feed more into the circle of death and forget about those returned home, another Generation of pain.
I know, 6 more months and we'll see that Free Democracy in iraq.
Correcting the record, There were NO Taliban in iraq before we got there and Iraq had NOTHING to do with 9/11.
A PIGEON would be more characteristic.
Hawk
n.
1. Any of various birds of prey of the order Falconiformes and especially of the genera Accipiter and Buteo, characteristically having a short hooked bill and strong claws adapted for seizing.
2. Any of various similar birds of prey.
3. A person who preys on others; a shark.
4. a-One who demonstrates an actively aggressive or combative attitude, as in an argument.
b-A person who favors military force or action in order to carry out foreign policy.

Pigeon
n.
1 Any of various birds of the widely distributed family Columbidae, characteristically having plump bodies, small heads, and short legs, especially the rock dove or any of its domesticated varieties.
2. Slang. One who is easily swindled; a dupe

Since: Oct 07

United States

#61 Dec 10, 2007
Fitchburg guy wrote:
<quoted text>
A PIGEON would be more characteristic.
Hawk
n.
1. Any of various birds of prey of the order Falconiformes and especially of the genera Accipiter and Buteo, characteristically having a short hooked bill and strong claws adapted for seizing.
2. Any of various similar birds of prey.
3. A person who preys on others; a shark.
4. a-One who demonstrates an actively aggressive or combative attitude, as in an argument.
b-A person who favors military force or action in order to carry out foreign policy.
Pigeon
n.
1 Any of various birds of the widely distributed family Columbidae, characteristically having plump bodies, small heads, and short legs, especially the rock dove or any of its domesticated varieties.
2. Slang. One who is easily swindled; a dupe
What's up with all the personal attacks?

None of this piling on Hawk does anything to explain why parents should want recruiters chasing after high school children in the less affluent school districts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
111 Mason rd in jefferson/Holden ma is Aiden Ke... Thu Scanner Boy 24
Fitchburg motorcycle cops Wed Andrew 41
discussing fitchburg now enabling people who th... Wed Andrew 22
Lynch's Council Campaign Wed Andrew 20
It's Hot!.........How will Lynch keep cool? Jun 20 Lynchburg Lemonade 2
Another Monday Gone. Jun 19 Captain Crunch 23
News Gardner homeless man charged with attempted mur... (Apr '09) Jun 17 6rounds 17

Fitchburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fitchburg Mortgages