Students say they're not bothered by ...

Students say they're not bothered by military recruiters on campus

There are 105 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Dec 2, 2007, titled Students say they're not bothered by military recruiters on campus. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

North Middlesex Regional High School senior Nolan Wetherall has seen plenty of his classmates do push-ups in front of military recruiters at school for military key chains and T-shirts. While Wetherall, 17, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Air Force Guy

Montgomery, AL

#1 Dec 2, 2007
Joining the military is a tough choice, but its a very rewarding choice. You will have to make huge sacrifices, like going to Iraq. My best friend is in Northern Bagdad (Army). I personaly am in South Korea i had to leave my wife and 2 yr old girl for 1 year. I still have 6 months left over here, but ill tell you one thing if I could go back I would not change a thing. Both my bestfriend, and I are going to renlist. It is awsome waking up every morning and, putting on my combat boots and knowing your saving lives. No matter what your job is in the military you are saving lives. Our military military is the reason we have not fought a war on US soil scense WW2.
Hawk

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Dec 3, 2007
"No matter what your job is in the military you are saving lives."

Beg to differ, if you're killing somebody, you're killing somebody and you have to LIVE (unlike the person you killed) with it.
SLB

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#3 Dec 3, 2007
Kill or be killed, I totally support our military!
Daisy

Boston, MA

#4 Dec 3, 2007
I agree SLB. The military are not responsible for the politicians. Althought it is not for everyone to enlist, they are there doing their job and trying to stay alive in the process. My prayers and appreciation goes out to them everyday for their sacrafices.
mbta

Leominster, MA

#5 Dec 3, 2007
A 15, 16, or even a 17 year old does not have the capacity to make this kind of decision on their own.
Kids that age do not have enough experience to know what they are getting into.
I don't think military recruiters belong in high schools.
Shannon

Winchendon, MA

#6 Dec 3, 2007
They have the "capacity" to drive a car at 16 1/2 or 17 which is a huge responsibility. In some states they are actually considered a "legal" adult.
You make it seem like joining the military is a bad thing when it should be an honor to serve this country.
Kids these days say they want more freedom, well join the military and stand up for your free country.
Hawk

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Dec 3, 2007
Therein lies the problem Shannon. You're thinking about the military as a way to Educate, enjoy Freedom?

The first thing you learn is how to Kill.

Yes I know we need the Military, I know we need to be prepared to defend ourselves. We need to avoid being a Militarized country.

If we could trust those who would decide that, well, perhaps it could be defended but to use it as a step ladder, well, you have to live with what you've {learned}.
Eirikur

Harrisburg, PA

#8 Dec 3, 2007
Yup...there goes Hawk again...support the troops much?! Know what you need to do? Go out and thank every soldier you see for the freedom to spew this crap that comes out of your mouth...your a disgrace to America and should be ashamed of the comments you make. How in the world can you even look at yourself in the mirror? Being a soldier is honorable...something you obviously know nothing about.
Shannon

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#9 Dec 4, 2007
Hawk wrote:
Therein lies the problem Shannon. You're thinking about the military as a way to Educate, enjoy Freedom?
The first thing you learn is how to Kill.
Yes I know we need the Military, I know we need to be prepared to defend ourselves. We need to avoid being a Militarized country.
If we could trust those who would decide that, well, perhaps it could be defended but to use it as a step ladder, well, you have to live with what you've {learned}.
I say again Hawk.....kill or be killed.....survival of the fittest my friend.
Hawk

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Dec 4, 2007
Eirikur wrote:
Yup...there goes Hawk again...support the troops much?! Know what you need to do? Go out and thank every soldier you see for the freedom to spew this crap that comes out of your mouth...your a disgrace to America and should be ashamed of the comments you make. How in the world can you even look at yourself in the mirror? Being a soldier is honorable...something you obviously know nothing about.
"Patriotic Americans love to talk about Freedom and Liberty but when they come across a free man, it scares them, makes em dangerous". What are you doing to "Support the Troops" there E? Disgrace to America, loft much.

"Kill or be Killed", is this how you live your life Shannon? Like in the Animal Kingdom?

Support the Troops, BRING THEM HOME!
Shannon

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#11 Dec 4, 2007
Hawk wrote:
<quoted text>
"Patriotic Americans love to talk about Freedom and Liberty but when they come across a free man, it scares them, makes em dangerous". What are you doing to "Support the Troops" there E? Disgrace to America, loft much.
"Kill or be Killed", is this how you live your life Shannon? Like in the Animal Kingdom?
Support the Troops, BRING THEM HOME!
Eye for an eye, kill or be killed.
So Hawk, what are you going to do when they bring the troops home and we have a war on American soil beacuse there is no one over seas controlling the chaos? Are you not going to kill the enemy if they threaten you or your family's life? I would hope so becuase I highly doubt they will leave you alone if you ask them nicely, but hell, you can try that if you want.
Animal Kingdom....ha ha ha you are too funny but if you think about it the animals don't have nearly as many problem as the human race does, so yes....just like on Animal Kingdom.
If I feel like my life is threatened you can be damn sure I'm going to try my hardest to be the one who walks away alive, if it means killing the person or animal that is threatening me then so be it.
Hawk

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Dec 4, 2007
You go ahead and live in your world of fear and hatred Shannon with a finger on a trigger ,that should work out well.

ISLAMOFACSISM! Boo!
Hawk

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Dec 4, 2007
"Yes I know we need the Military, I know we need to be prepared to defend ourselves. We need to avoid being a Militarized country."

Show me where I said being a Soldier was not honorable. All I have said is, you would like to ignore the one real requirement of a Soldier, it's to Kill in case it never entered your mind! Doesn't make them any less honorable IMO.
Shannon

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#14 Dec 4, 2007
Hawk wrote:
You go ahead and live in your world of fear and hatred Shannon with a finger on a trigger ,that should work out well.
ISLAMOFACSISM! Boo!
I hate people that are trying to harm my country and the people in it. I find no problem with that.
You must be one of those hippie tree huggers, right? Peace love and happiness, if only the world worked that way. Well it is good to know that when you are trying to "talk nicely" to them I'm leaving you as the bait and saving my behind. Thanks for the cover.

Our military makes me ever so proud and if they kill just one of the enemy than I am happy. One less to threaten me and the great country I live in.
Hawk

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Dec 4, 2007
I'll bet you never met a foreigner you didn't hate. The world sucks except for US?
How does pointing out that Soldiers kill, relate to Tree Hugging and Hippies?

I think you need medication.
Hawk

Brooklyn, NY

#16 Dec 4, 2007
"Our military makes me ever so proud and if they kill just one of the enemy than I am happy."

What about the effects on THE SOLDIER? Don't care? Support the Troops!
Shannon

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#17 Dec 4, 2007
The soldier signed up for times like this. Last I checked there is not a draft. Let the recruiters be in schools because apparently the students have no porblem with it. If they choose to join then congrats to them for making such a life changing and noble decision, if not then that is their choice.
Shannon

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#18 Dec 4, 2007
Funny Hawk....the more you write the more the words blend together into Blah Blah Blah....
Ron

Boston, MA

#19 Dec 4, 2007
Oh there are many jewels in these comments but the rel issue here is that the recruiters are recruiting in poor areas NOT in Weston and Lincoln which turns the practice into preying on the people who are victims only of their social class. Kids can't make decisions like this, true - they should not even be faced with it. The military certainly is not for everyone - all the more reason not to outlaw recruiting at schools.
Hawk

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Dec 4, 2007
Right, take openmindedness OFF your table! No issues, you're a rock.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Another Monday Has Come And Gone (Apr '17) 2 hr J Lindsey Ware 139
News Twin City Tea Party hosts candidates night Mond... (Jun '10) 4 hr Wicked Fat Halfwit 18
News 1st District needs someone who will listen - Se... (Jul '10) 10 hr Commander McBragg 33
More Caped Crapper Tales 16 hr Puke Editor 3
News Towns see benefits if state takes Route 117 sec... (Sep '13) Sat Chet R 6
Fitchburgs corruption being exposed (Feb '16) Sat Chet R 605
Oh What A Lovely Spring May 14 May God Strike Me... 1

Fitchburg Jobs

Personal Finance

Fitchburg Mortgages