Search team enlisted to find Jeremiah Oliver in West Fitchburg

Posted in the Fitchburg Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#1 Jan 13, 2014
http://www.telegram.com/article/20140113/NEWS...
FITCHBURG — An all-volunteer search on Saturday for Jeremiah Oliver centered on four areas of West Fitchburg, this time with the assistance of the Southern New England Search and Rescue team of J.R. Unitas, his daughter, Jennifer, and their dog Julie.

The search-and-rescue team is based in Killingworth, Conn., and came to the aid of searchers as volunteers.

The 3-year-old German shepherd is trained in scent-specific trailing and human remains detection.

About 50 volunteers gathered again on Kimball Street in front of the 5-year-old missing boy's home and split up into four teams. They were assigned to the area around the McKay Arts Academy School, the area around the intersection of Route 31 and John Fitch Highway, and two wooded areas off River Street.

Miguel Fleitas coordinated the search and took his group of volunteers and the search and rescue team behind the old woolen mill along the Nashua River. The effort began in the Sheldon Street Gateway Park, threaded its way along the river, and then up West Street and back to the park.

Along the way, Julie had a few "hits" and led Mr. Unitas up into the woods. Searchers found a few items of interest that were pointed out to the team leaders. Mr. Fleitas told the volunteers before the search began that any potential evidence was not to be touched or removed.

"Safety is first, everyone stay together, respect private property and do not touch anything you think may be evidence. I admire that you all came out on this icy day. It shows that this community cares. I admire that. The family is dedicated to finding a resolution and want Jeremiah back," said Mr. Fleitas.

The Oliver family was again present, including Jeremiah's father, Jose Oliver.

Sandrino Oliver, Jose's brother, said that people have called him and he has gotten messages of encouragement. "We have no problem with staying with this," said Mr. Oliver.

Ken M. Johnson of Woburn joined the search because he saw it on the news. "I figured if it was my grandkid, I would want people to help. It's a long shot, but worth a try. The poor kid, this is so sad," said Mr. Johnson.

Eugenio Cruz and Joseph Bisson, both of Fitchburg, joined the search for the first time, too. "I have a little girl and decided to come with my buddy. I grew up in this area and know all these woods," said Mr. Cruz, looking up the steep incline between the river and West Street.
Cheryl45

Forestdale, MA

#3 Jan 13, 2014
Kevin-
I know that sex offenders have to tell people living around them about their depredations. But are you required b law to tell the other searchers that you are have a violent history and could explode and go psycho on them at any given moment? The other searchers should know, so they could protect themselves or run when you stage your next violent volcanic eruption, And aren't you barred from carrying a walking stick? It could be used as a weapon.
Uh oh

Leominster, MA

#4 Jan 13, 2014
I'm not so sure it's a good idea to have these people trampling through the woods. I say leave it to the experts.
Uh oh

Leominster, MA

#5 Jan 13, 2014
The title says it all. There is NO evidence that the boy is even in Fitchburg. I'm afraid the only people who know the truth are behind bars and will never talk. It's sad but without a confession or physical proof the police won't be able to hold them forever on a child endagerment charge.
Cupcake

Gardner, MA

#6 Jan 13, 2014
Uh oh wrote:
The title says it all. There is NO evidence that the boy is even in Fitchburg. I'm afraid the only people who know the truth are behind bars and will never talk. It's sad but without a confession or physical proof the police won't be able to hold them forever on a child endagerment charge.
They can hold them based on the statement made by the boy's sister. The police have information from the boy's sister that her brother is most likely not alive. Details cannot be published or else the conviction of the mother or boyfriend can be jeopardized but the police do have information and details that the general public should not know about.

The boy can be anywhere. Latin Kings are connected and the boy can be disposed of anywhere such as the desert, ocean and the woodlands on the West Coast. Latin kings are very organized now and are connected and work in or operate legitimate businesses. He can be disposed of in a steel mill, chemical plant and so on.

If they are smart enough to never disclose what happened and where the boy is they are smart enough to dispose of the remains so the boy will never be found.

Searching is a way for the family to mourn, they most likely won't find the boy. With the new trash containers a body can be disposed of easily since there is no actual human contact with the containers anymore. He could be in the landfill.

If they never talk and the remains are never found then they cannot be charged with any type of homicide but in this case they will receive the maximum sentences for what they can be charged with and they will still get 5-10 years in prison and I am sure they are expecting that and have no problem with that versus a homicide charge and sentence that would get them life.

ON DUTY city, state and federal agencies will only search if they get an actual tip or lead of the location of the boy such as the Murphy Motors tip. But without any leads or information why and where would they start searching? It would be a waste of ON DUTY resources.

3rd party organizations, people claiming they have backgrounds in searching are normal in these type of situations. OFF DUTY public safety members will also participate. ON DUTY police will be mainly there to support the family and to guarantee the safety of the searchers.
Uh oh

Leominster, MA

#7 Jan 13, 2014
I don't think they will find the boy but I still believe this is a job better suited for people with the proper training. If they do find the boys body in the woods who knows what condition it would be in. Police, Firemen and EMTs are trained for such things. I'm not squeamish but I know if I found a young boys body the sight would haunt me for the rest of my life.
Uh oh

Leominster, MA

#8 Jan 13, 2014
Cupcake wrote:
<quoted text>
They can hold them based on the statement made by the boy's sister. The police have information from the boy's sister that her brother is most likely not alive. Details cannot be published or else the conviction of the mother or boyfriend can be jeopardized but the police do have information and details that the general public should not know about.
The boy can be anywhere. Latin Kings are connected and the boy can be disposed of anywhere such as the desert, ocean and the woodlands on the West Coast. Latin kings are very organized now and are connected and work in or operate legitimate businesses. He can be disposed of in a steel mill, chemical plant and so on.
If they are smart enough to never disclose what happened and where the boy is they are smart enough to dispose of the remains so the boy will never be found.
Searching is a way for the family to mourn, they most likely won't find the boy. With the new trash containers a body can be disposed of easily since there is no actual human contact with the containers anymore. He could be in the landfill.
If they never talk and the remains are never found then they cannot be charged with any type of homicide but in this case they will receive the maximum sentences for what they can be charged with and they will still get 5-10 years in prison and I am sure they are expecting that and have no problem with that versus a homicide charge and sentence that would get them life.
ON DUTY city, state and federal agencies will only search if they get an actual tip or lead of the location of the boy such as the Murphy Motors tip. But without any leads or information why and where would they start searching? It would be a waste of ON DUTY resources.
3rd party organizations, people claiming they have backgrounds in searching are normal in these type of situations. OFF DUTY public safety members will also participate. ON DUTY police will be mainly there to support the family and to guarantee the safety of the searchers.
I'm not so sure. You make good points but in court it will become a he said she said sort of thing. A lawyer will make the 9 year old girl out to be an upset non credible child who is angry about her mom getting a new boyfriend. I don't like it, you don't like it but that is what lawyers do.
Close to finding Jeremiah

Fitchburg, MA

#9 Jan 13, 2014
Uh oh wrote:
I don't think they will find the boy but I still believe this is a job better suited for people with the proper training. If they do find the boys body in the woods who knows what condition it would be in. Police, Firemen and EMTs are trained for such things. I'm not squeamish but I know if I found a young boys body the sight would haunt me for the rest of my life.
First I will say that Yes police are working on the case but they will never cover as many areas. When and if we find something we will call in the police. If we get any strong leads then we will notify the police.
This case is getting close to being solved. We are close. Alberto is a fringe member of the Latin Kings. What he did to them children the Latin Kings would never stand behind. The Latin King organization did not get involved in hiding a dead kid.
I will tell you that "working stiff" is involved directly with the investigation or is extremely close to those who are running this investigation.
The Justice department should get involved as well as the FBI. I wouldn't be surprised if other arrests are made this week. There are people close to Alberto that have lied to investigators.
A couple things that they should have notified the community about is the make and model of his car. His car is a tan civic with a black hood. I am almost positive that he took that boy in that car on Sept. 25th or 26th between 12:00am to 4:00am.
On that date it was 63 degrees and the sunset at 7pm.
Elsa has stated that Alberto took Jeremiah while she slept and he never came back. What "working Stiff" stated is fact. He beat and molested them children from accounts.
Once this fact gets out into the street then Jeremiah will be brought home so that his brother and sister can put him to rest in peace. Alberto is a fringe gang member. The Latin Kings will not talk to the police but they will not stand before a baby molester killer.
Yes, I have been in jail and I can tell you that they will 100% not stand for him. Once it looks like the evidence is true then he is all done. What I am hearing that he did to them kids is beyond imagination.
I do not believe that the mother killed her child. Yes, she was seriously abused by Alberto to the point she would no longer acknowledge people she had know for years as fear that Alberto would beat her.
There are a few people in Fitchburg that know exactly what happened and may have assisted in hiding Jeremiah.
The police and the DA will solve this case and will prosecute those responsible. I have been on these searches for hrs at a time. Anything that is found is flagged, not touched and reported. Any information learned is transferred to the police/detectives.
Albertos friends are covering for him. They have lied to police. What they have stated does not match what others have stated.
That boy was injured on Sept. 24th from what is being reported. Then taken by Alberto and never brought back on Sept. 25th or 26th. Why I am stating this is for everyone that knows a business owner or home owner who has video security may be able to go back and check those dates and to look for his car traveling by.
There is another story that I don't think is true but it just may be the case. Some have said that Alberto cut Jeremiahs finger off. Elsa didn't bring him to the hospital, infection set in and he passed. And maybe that is why they made this story up of Jeremiah hitting his head from falling off the toilet on September 24th.
This incident is very somber, very emotional and heart wrenching. with the snow melted there are good chances that the searchers, homeless or police on a tip will find this little boy. The search dog did have hits on a spot from two different positions.The area between is tough to get to but as we seen names carved in the trees people have visited this area in the past.The icy snow just made it difficult to get to.
The police I believe are very close. God willing this will end soon.
Street justice

Leominster, MA

#11 Jan 14, 2014
I hate to say it but the police are to restricted. It may be time to give Alberto to the general public in a prison. I'm sure some of the prisoners will not only find out where the boy is but Alberto will never lay a hand on children again.

Location hidden

#12 Jan 14, 2014
Close to finding Jeremiah wrote:
<quoted text>
First I will say that Yes police are working on the case but they will never cover as many areas. When and if we find something we will call in the police. If we get any strong leads then we will notify the police.
This case is getting close to being solved. We are close. Alberto is a fringe member of the Latin Kings. What he did to them children the Latin Kings would never stand behind. The Latin King organization did not get involved in hiding a dead kid.
I will tell you that "working stiff" is involved directly with the investigation or is extremely close to those who are running this investigation.
The Justice department should get involved as well as the FBI. I wouldn't be surprised if other arrests are made this week. There are people close to Alberto that have lied to investigators.
Hey Lynch, it's getting a little crazy over there on that missing kids facebook page, don't yeah think? Not sure if you've figured it out yet but I believe that poster "Joann" might have your number and was trying to give you a heads up on her last post.

Joann -"if we all ignore the ignorant comments on here and not respond they will get bored and go away... they comment because in there sick and twisted minds they are getting the attention they seek... please if you read someones a$$hole comment just move on and they will go away"
Have you also noticed you're over there talking to yourself again and that young women who's managing the site is now on their reporting that threats are being made against her by so-called gang members affiliated with Sierra? You might want to tell here to notify the cops Lynch? She doesn't seem all that bright and might not want to be getting herself all caught up in the middle of those two crazy gang affiliated families that are now clawing at each other's throats and pointing fingers at one another. You might also want to think about taking over her role over there in managing that site Lynch. I mean she's got a whole bunch of crazy people on there now looking over cell phone pictures from the search and pointing out shadows in the woods and on leaves that they think are the faces of children, ghouls, ghosts and goblins? Heck, there's even one crazy women pointing out a winter turtle she took a picture of and thinks is sending here secret messages on the whereabouts of that poor kid. Wow Lynch, it's getting really nuts over there and I'm thinking you might fit right in. Do the young women a favor Lynch and step up. What do you see in all those pictures Lynch?

Oh! And I thought this was Alberto's ride?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...
friends

Fitchburg, MA

#13 Jan 14, 2014
Stamos wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Lynch, it's getting a little crazy over there on that missing kids facebook page, don't yeah think? Not sure if you've figured it out yet but I believe that poster "Joann" might have your number and was trying to give you a heads up on her last post.
Joann -"if we all ignore the ignorant comments on here and not respond they will get bored and go away... they comment because in there sick and twisted minds they are getting the attention they seek... please if you read someones a$$hole comment just move on and they will go away"
Have you also noticed you're over there talking to yourself again and that young women who's managing the site is now on their reporting that threats are being made against her by so-called gang members affiliated with Sierra? You might want to tell here to notify the cops Lynch? She doesn't seem all that bright and might not want to be getting herself all caught up in the middle of those two crazy gang affiliated families that are now clawing at each other's throats and pointing fingers at one another. You might also want to think about taking over her role over there in managing that site Lynch. I mean she's got a whole bunch of crazy people on there now looking over cell phone pictures from the search and pointing out shadows in the woods and on leaves that they think are the faces of children, ghouls, ghosts and goblins? Heck, there's even one crazy women pointing out a winter turtle she took a picture of and thinks is sending here secret messages on the whereabouts of that poor kid. Wow Lynch, it's getting really nuts over there and I'm thinking you might fit right in. Do the young women a favor Lynch and step up. What do you see in all those pictures Lynch?
Oh! And I thought this was Alberto's ride?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...
Stamos, there is more than meets the eye concerning that administrator. Her and her friends were Elsas friends. One has stated that Elsa came to her in hysterics stating that Jeremiah was seriously injured as he fell off the toilet. That was on September 24th. Then Elsa stated that they all went to bed but when she woke Alberto and Jeremiah were gone.

Now if you talk to the person who lived on the first floor, she states that she never seen Jeremiah. But if you pry further she knew Alberto since he was a baby.

So, one of Elsas friends say that they seen Jeremiah on September 23rd. Now on Albertos side, his friends state they never seen Jeremiah.

The neighbor states that Alberto was always going and coming in his car and that he usually had one or two friends with him. But the administrator states that the car never really was used.

Someone is lying as authorities need to call these people in again and to pressure them for the truth.

Location hidden

#14 Jan 14, 2014
Hey Lynch, it's becoming a 3 ring circus over there. Remember when I pointed out that YOU were using this horrible tragic event for your own selfish means in an effort to trash your arch enemy the FPD with false accusations of racism, ineptness and incompetence? Well, it looks like the manager of that site is also being accused of using this same tragic even for her own selfish reasons. Someone over there even provided proof which I'm sure will be deleted el pronto when she sees it on her site.

So Lynch, please forget I ever asked you to step up and help her out. I see they're actually looking for someone that is CREDIBLE and has a neutral opinion of both families. I'm thinking anyone who thinks you're all fk'n crazy should just step up now.
Samantha wrote:
This is NOT fake I know that for a fact. She is turning this around to be about her, she needs to step down and let someone who is not on the mothers side or father's someone neutral. She was roommates with the mother and friends with her for years so she's going to bash Jose. If she cared about Jeremiah then she wouldn't be posting this ridiculous crap. Step down and let someone else do it. She's making the gang shit up and Yea the cops see this page and so to the LK so there is no reason why she needs to post this crap only for sympathy. That message was sent to a child I don't give a shit what he said or did you don't do that. This is about a child Jeremiah nothing else not her not me not you, the admin turned this page into a gossip rink. If you care about this then step down and let someone credible take over enough with the bullshit. I posted that so people can see how she is and she doesn't give a shit about this. Oh do I mention where are the cash donations you were given? That's right you don't want that known.
friends

Fitchburg, MA

#15 Jan 14, 2014
Stamos wrote:
Hey Lynch, it's becoming a 3 ring circus over there. Remember when I pointed out that YOU were using this horrible tragic event for your own selfish means in an effort to trash your arch enemy the FPD with false accusations of racism, ineptness and incompetence? Well, it looks like the manager of that site is also being accused of using this same tragic even for her own selfish reasons. Someone over there even provided proof which I'm sure will be deleted el pronto when she sees it on her site.
So Lynch, please forget I ever asked you to step up and help her out. I see they're actually looking for someone that is CREDIBLE and has a neutral opinion of both families. I'm thinking anyone who thinks you're all fk'n crazy should just step up now.
<quoted text>
I seen that post on Saturday. And another thing, sometimes you play along to get along so you can find out more information.

Your accusation against me is false. Yes, I think the DA Early is the shelter for Corruption within the FPD and he shelters the Mayor. He should be doing his job and not playing politics!

Early is more concerned with applauding Mayor Wong and Demoura than he is on solving this case. It is clear to everyone!

I believe that Early post out here himself as well as Michael from the Sentinel. They need to pay attention to finding Jeremiah. There is a report of a homeless person finding a shirt with blood all over it. The dog that was with the search had two hits from to different vantage points of the same area which is the area where Alberto and friends hang out off of River st.

Two key people in this case is the neighbor who lived on the first floor and Elsas best friends who were with her consoling her on September 24th due to an injury that Jeremiah endured. Then Jeremiah went missing on September 25th which Elsa told these same friends, AKA, the administrator of that page and her friends.
friends

Fitchburg, MA

#16 Jan 14, 2014
Stamos wrote:
<quoted text>
And if I were a guessing person I would look into another friend with initials MS. This person was with Alberto a lot. He knows more than he is saying.

If I was the police I would have these girls come into the station for extensive questioning. I would also locate the best friends of Alberto as I believe that they know what happened.

I would start with who sold Alberto the car and look at relatives of that person.
Not jtn

Concord, MA

#17 Jan 14, 2014
I'm sick if hearing about the kid,he's dead,sadly now we need to move on.
Uh-oh

Leominster, MA

#18 Jan 14, 2014
I checked out the Facebook site and felt dirty just reading the ignorant posts there. Are these people all high on something? What's with the fuzzy pictures of a pile of leaves? Next they will be claiming they spotted Bigfoot.

I know there are some ignorant people in the world who struggle to accept the truth in life but there is not going to be a fairy tale ending here.
Binocular Boy

United States

#19 Jan 14, 2014
C'mon, Lynch the Snitch, you're only doing this to pretend you're a detective. But detectives are supposed to be smart. And you're an idiot. Plus you're crazy. And can't spell. LMAO!
Uh-oh

Leominster, MA

#20 Jan 14, 2014
I had to read some more posts at the FB page and dammit the girls who post there are naive. You could tell these girls Jerimiah came to me in a dream and said he will only come home if you give me a BJ and 20 bucks and they would fall for it.
Cupcake

Gardner, MA

#21 Jan 14, 2014
The police are working on the case and are dedicating as much time as they can. But there are other cases they also have to deal with. Not every crime makes it to the media or newspaper.

If there is a rash of home break ins or a street of vandalized vehicles, the police cannot ignore that either and some of their time has to be utilized to investigate those crimes too.

There are still many people that think it is like the 70’s tv shows such as “Columbo” where a detective is always out in the neighborhoods trying to flush out information going door to door. Sorry it doesn’t work that way in real life. Most of the investigation is done in house from a desk.

The police are working as much as they can on the investigation but they cannot just drop everything else. There are only so many detectives in the city which is usually two. This isn’t NYPD where they may have 1,000 or more detectives.

The police have the mother and boyfriend in custody. It may take years or even decades if the boy has been disposed of. He can be anywhere. For the police it would take a lot less time if they mother/boyfriend just told them where he is. It is a waiting game. Im sure they are trying to negotiate and make a deal with the mother and boyfriend to gain the whereabouts of the boy.

What the general public does not realize that this is not an unusual case for the United States as a whole. These cases evolve on a daily basis across the country and the police refer to the past outcomes of crimes that resemble this one. 99% of the victim is never found unless the criminal talks and tells them where the remains are. The police have more information and past experience and statistics than the general public does.

This is just the first time that the residents of Fitchburg have been exposed to a crime like this. It is actually nothing new in the Law Enforcement world and the police are doing what they are suppose to be doing.

They are being REALISTIC and following the usual procedure that other law enforcement agencies have done in the past with the same crime that can found across our nation.

Location hidden

#22 Jan 14, 2014
friends wrote:
<quoted text>
I seen that post on Saturday. And another thing, sometimes you play along to get along so you can find out more information.
Your accusation against me is false. Yes, I think the DA Early is the shelter for Corruption within the FPD and he shelters the Mayor. He should be doing his job and not playing politics!
Early is more concerned with applauding Mayor Wong and Demoura than he is on solving this case. It is clear to everyone!
I believe that Early post out here himself as well as Michael from the Sentinel. They need to pay attention to finding Jeremiah. There is a report of a homeless person finding a shirt with blood all over it. The dog that was with the search had two hits from to different vantage points of the same area which is the area where Alberto and friends hang out off of River st.
Two key people in this case is the neighbor who lived on the first floor and Elsas best friends who were with her consoling her on September 24th due to an injury that Jeremiah endured. Then Jeremiah went missing on September 25th which Elsa told these same friends, AKA, the administrator of that page and her friends.
What a damn shame Lynch, just heard that FB site administrator is closing down the site by midnight tonight to the general public and starting a whole new one just for all the crazies on her side of the two suspect's families. How are you going to get all your messaging out to the public now and all the local gang bangers and family members on Alberto side of the fence Lynch? Like I said, what a damn shame, looks like you'll be going undercover again Lynch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitchburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
same old same old .... 9 hr Tammy from concord 2
Will Jtn ever post an Intelligent comment in th... Thu Tammy from concord 31
Has Jtn taken over and ruined Topix Thu Tammy from concord 13
Jtn please get off topix Thu Rihanna 8
Should Jtn run for Governor of Massachusetts? Wed Jtn 3
Should Jtn be BANNED from Topix? Wed Rihanna 3
Numbers of homeless increase in region Wed The Insider 13
•••

Fitchburg News Video

•••